« Older   Newer »

1.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Janet Jackson Postpones World Tour

Due To Surgery

The singer told fans not to worry: “I love you all so much and am ever grateful for your understanding and your love. Gon' b alright.”

BY RACHEL HANDLER

Earlier this year, Janet Jackson announced she’d be reentering the spotlight with the Unbreakable World Tour, which would see her traversing the globe for more than 70 concerts. Naturally, this made us all want to scream: It had been four years since Jackson last toured, and the accompanying Unbreakable album would mark her first in seven years. This was the Jacksonaissance we’d been waiting for, a return to form and, in an ideal world, well-structured military attire. We’d be together again.

Unfortunately, the tour has since been fraught with multiple complications and setbacks. Early on in the rehearsal process, Jackson took a break to visit her father, Joe, who’d had a stroke in Brazil. And a few months after Jackson kicked off the tour in Canada in August, her doctor put her on vocal rest, forcing her to reschedule multiple shows. At the time, Jackson tweeted an apology, and promised she’d announce new dates for the concerts she’d postponed.

And, because that’s the way love goes, she did. One of the concerts—originally planned for October 25 at Denver’s Pepsi Center—was rescheduled for January 9, kicking off the 2016 leg of Jackson’s tour. Alas, it was again not meant to be: On Christmas Eve, Jackson announced via social media that she’d have to postpone the entire tour due to a mysterious medical ailment.

“I need you to know, I learned today, from my doctors that I must have surgery soon,” wrote Jackson. “It breaks my heart to tell you that I am forced to postpone the Unbreakable Tour until the spring.” Jackson didn’t specify why she needed surgery—or whether the procedure is at all related to her earlier vocal rest—but she did ask fans to “please pray for me, my family and our entire company during this difficult time.”

Though Jackson hasn’t yet provided new dates for the tour, she promised fans (just like she did in the fall) that their tickets would be honored at some point—this time, apparently, with some kind of added bonus. “Every date will be rescheduled. Please hold on to your tickets,” she wrote. “They will be honored in a special way when the new schedule is announced.”

It doesn’t appear we’ll be getting any further information about the state of Jackson’s health in the near future, as she wrote that “there will be no further comment” on the situation. But she concluded her message optimistically: “I love you all so much and am ever grateful for your understanding and your love. Gon’ b alright.”

While we wait for further news, let’s all send good vibes Janet’s way—and trust her when she says she’s going to be fine. After all, she is unbreakable.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/12/...-due-to-surgery

0 replies since 28/12/2015, 10:43   26 views