3T singer TJ Jackson is grateful for the king of pop’s help and lasting legacy

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

3T singer TJ Jackson is grateful for the king of pop’s help and lasting legacy

Nephews of Michael Jackson '3T' perform during the 'Michael Forever' concert in memory of the late Michael Jackson

KING of pop Michael Jackson told family members that he loved living in Ireland — and he was constantly inviting them to visit him at his Irish home.

In 2006, Jackson spent several months at Grouse Lodge recording studios in Rosemount, Co Westmeath, with his three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket.

His nephew TJ Jackson of pop group 3T tells Shuffle: “Our uncle was trying to get us to visit him in Ireland, but we couldn’t get over because we were recording at the time.

He always talked about Ireland after he left, and even today his kids still talk about their time there.”

TJ became the guardian of Prince, Paris and Blanket after the death of their father. “It’s challenging, but they’re doing well,” he tells me. “It’s what our uncle did for my brothers and I when we lost our mother as kids. He stepped in and made sure we were okay, so I’m trying to repay that to his children.”

TJ and his brothers, Taryll and Taj, sons of Tito Jackson, were devastated when their mother, Dee Dee, was found murdered. She was separated from Tito at the time.

A Los Angeles businessman was later convicted of her murder.

“Dad went through a difficult time when he lost mum,” Taj recalls. “She was his best friend since they were 14. I can only imagine what it was like for him.”

Their uncle Michael stepped in to support Tito and the boys. “Our uncle was incredible, there are no words to describe it,” Taryll says. “We could sit and talk for ages on how incredible and genuine a person he was. For us, he was like a big brother role model. We really looked up to him on and off the stage, and he imparted his wisdom to us.

There is nothing bad we could say about our uncle because for us he was pure love.”

Taryll chips in to reveal how Michael Jackson was full of fun. “He was a prankster, a lot of people don’t know that,” he says.

3T are back in the limelight thanks to ITV’s The Big Reunion TV show and tour that also features boybands Blue, 911, Five, Damage, A1 and 5th Story.

“I was so concerned about joining a bunch of bands I didn’t know, but the other acts are so much fun,” Taryll says.

The other groups are thrilled to be touring with members of the famous Jackson family. “It’s funny, several of the band members have said that, but it’s not the way we see it,”

Taj says. “We’re just happy to be on the tour sharing the music with the fans.”

On The Big Reunion, their father Tito is seen taking off his belt and brandishing it as the boys rehearsed. “That’s our father, but he means nothing but love and it was a fun moment,” Taryll insists. “His father, my grandfather Joe, used to do that with the Jacksons.

But I would assume it was a bit more strict. Our father says, ‘You’re lucky Joe is not your father. He would be a lot more tough on you’.”

Taryll and TJ are now dads themselves, so would they encourage their own children to go into showbusiness?

“I would never talk my children into or out of anything they’d have a passion for,” Taryll says. “But, at the same time, the industry is a lot different that what people think.

I’d want to be sure that they understood all the things that could possibly happen. If they still had love for music or acting I would do my best to help them.

“If you don’t have passion for it then you won’t survive in it because you will definitely go through ups and downs.”

And have 3T reaped the financial rewards of their early success? “We’ve done well,” TJ reveals. “Our uncle Michael taught us the importance of songwriting and producing, so we did our own stuff.”

3T will perform on The Big Reunion at Belfast’s Odyssey Arena on Saturday, November 1, and The 02, Dublin on Sunday, November 2.

0 replies since 26/5/2014, 14:28   42 views