Why Was Michael Jackson Sleeping In A Hyperbaric Chamber Such A Big Deal???

« Older   Newer »

1.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Why Was Michael Jackson Sleeping In A Hyperbaric Chamber Such A Big Deal???

I recently saw an episode of the boxing show 24/7 that showed boxer Sergio Martinez climbing into a Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber during his training to help his body recover quicker and to keep him feeling younger. Swimmer Michael Phelps apparently uses a similar chamber, as do Tiger Woods and Tim Tebow. It got me thinking, why was it such a big deal in 1986 when these photos appeared in The National Enquirer showing Michael Jackson sleeping in a Hyperbaric Chamber???

Jackson was apparently quoted as saying:
    ”I’ve taken several long naps in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and when I awoke I felt like a new person – I’ve never felt better. I definitely want one for my home so I can sleep in it at night. I plan to get one immediately. I want to live to see world peace, a world without hunger, a world where children and all mankind know no suffering. I believe if I treat my body properly I’ll live to be at least 150.”

OMG, what a crazy statement from Jackson.

Jackson saw the Hyperbaric Chamber at Brotman Memorial Hospital after he had burned his scalp filming a Pepsi commercial and was told of the benefits of the therapy and how it can possibly prolong life. MJ initially wanted to purchase the machine for himself for $200,000 but was talked out of it by his managers. When the press found out he was interested in purchasing the chamber, Jackson and his managers decided to take some photos of him in the chamber and plant the story of him sleeping in it everyday in order to get Jackson in the headlines and promote the release of the Captain EO film in 1986.
    Here’s an earlier photo of Jackson checking out the chamber.

At the end of the day why was this such a huge story??? I mean who cares if a person wants to sleep in an Oxygen Chamber???

http://slumz.boxden.com/f610/why-was-micha...g-deal-2062762/

0 replies since 14/4/2014, 09:13   327 views