Group
    Administrator

Status

jpg

Happy Birthday Prince Michael
    Thursday
    Feb 2014

Posted by sylmortilla in Uncategorized

I’ve been asked before how I manage to come up with themes to write about. The truth is, the legacy Michael left means that ideas are consistently abundant. Not that it’s all positive, of course. Just this past week, for example, I’ve been inspired to write about the double standards exhibited by the media in their coverage of the Woody Allen child abuse claims; by the IRS scandal, in which the Estate owe three quarters of a billion dollars in taxes; and by the five fans awarded compensation of one euro each in damages from Conrad Murray, as a result of their emotional distress at Michael’s death. It’s been hard to focus on a topic. So I’ll write briefly about all of them.

Reading the comments sections beneath news reports of the Woody Allen affair was frustrating to say the least. Woody Allen’s fanbase comprises of a particular type of person: they are articulate and perceived as ‘cool’. I was taken back to my college days when my class was asked by our tutor to bring in our favourite uses of words in popular culture. Mine included the lyric ‘Armaggedon of the brain’ from Stranger In Moscow, whereas one of my classmates opted for a Woody Allen quotation. My tutor did his best not to scoff at my contribution, but overtly lauded my classmate for his. There was, and is, an inherent snobbery when it comes to Michael. And it was all too prevalent in the comments I read last week. Michael’s name, inevitably, was brought up in the conversations people were having. Although Michael suffered a gruelling trial in which he was unanimously cleared of all charges, an ordeal that wreaked havoc with his health and self-esteem, and ultimately cost him his life, Michael was painted as guilty by many of the commentators; Woody Allen, however, was being excused left, right and centre, by many apparently cerebrally capable people. And let’s see how many Oscars his latest film Blue Jasmine manages to acquire. He will be celebrated, that’s for sure.

I’ve written before about the $2,105 valuation the Estate put on Michael’s image and likeness (www.sylmortilla.com/$2105), but the topic was always going to rear its ugly head again soon enough. No-one, not even the Michael Jackson Estate, escapes the IRS. And rightly so. The debacle is yet another (it’s getting rather tedious) example of the Estate not being fit for purpose. Perhaps this will be their undoing. Perhaps the mantle of responsibility will be passed on to those who care.

Speaking of whom, although the token payment of one euro each for the fans that brought a case against Conrad Murray may seem offensive (we can all empathise with the extent of the pain they felt), the fact that these fans took it as far as they did, and won, is hugely totemic. They are heroes. And imagine if every one of us followed suit? The amount Conrad Murray would have to pay could bail the Estate out of their current financial predicament. Should we be that way inclined.

Today is Prince Michael’s seventeenth birthday. A man evidently well-rounded and contented, and a very positive aspect of Michael’s legacy: one that sings volumes above any of the unfortunate greed-motivated waves of white noise we endure and protect Michael against.

Happy birthday Prince Michael Jackson! You can have my euro.

http://sylmortilla.com/2014/02/13/happy-bi...prince-michael/

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

traduzione google

Buon compleanno Prince Michael
    Giovedi
    Feb 2014

Pubblicato da sylmortilla in Uncategorized
    Mi è stato chiesto prima come riesco a venire con temi di cui scrivere. La verità è che l'eredità di Michael lasciato significa che le idee sono sempre abbondanti. Non che sia tutto positivo, naturalmente. Proprio la scorsa settimana, per esempio, sono stato ispirato a scrivere sui doppi standard esposti dai media nella copertura delle rivendicazioni abusi sui minori Woody Allen, dallo scandalo IRS, in cui la Tenuta devo tre quarti di un miliardo di dollari in tasse, e dai cinque tifosi assegnato un risarcimento di un euro ciascuno a danni da Conrad Murray, a causa del loro disagio emotivo per la morte di Michael. E 'stato difficile concentrarsi su un argomento. Quindi io scriverò brevemente su tutti loro.

Leggendo i commenti sezioni sotto notizie di vicenda Woody Allen è stato frustrante per non dire altro. Fanbase di Woody Allen si compone di un particolare tipo di persona: sono articolato e percepita come 'cool'. Sono stato portato di nuovo ai miei tempi del college quando la mia classe è stato chiesto dal nostro tutor per portare i nostri usi preferite di parole nella cultura popolare. La mia compresa la lirica 'Armaggedon del cervello' da Stranger In Moscow, considerando che uno dei miei compagni di classe hanno optato per una citazione di Woody Allen. Il mio tutore ha fatto del suo meglio per non schernire il mio contributo, ma apertamente lodato il mio compagno di classe per il suo. Ci fu, ed è un snobismo inherent quando si tratta di Michele. Ed era tutto troppo prevalente nei commenti che ho letto la settimana scorsa. Il nome di Michael, inevitabilmente, è stato portato in conversazioni persone sono state avendo. Anche se Michael ha subito un processo estenuante in cui è stato eliminato all'unanimità da tutte le accuse, un calvario che ha raso al suolo con la sua salute e l'autostima, e, infine, gli costò la vita, Michael è stato dipinto come colpevole da molti commentatori, Woody Allen, tuttavia, veniva scusato di sinistra, destra e centro, da molte persone apparentemente cerebralmente capaci. E vediamo quanti Oscar suo ultimo film Blu Jasmine riesce ad acquisire. Egli sarà celebrato, questo è sicuro.

Ho scritto prima circa il 2.105 dollari di valutazione della Tenuta messo l'immagine di Michael e somiglianza (su www.sylmortilla.com/ 2.105 dollari ), ma l'argomento ha sempre intenzione di sollevare la sua ripugnante testa ancora abbastanza presto. Nessuno, nemmeno il Michael Jackson Estate, sfugge l'IRS. Ed è giusto così. La debacle è ancora un altro (si sta facendo piuttosto noioso), esempio della Tenuta non essere adatto allo scopo. Forse questa sarà la loro rovina. Forse il manto di responsabilità sarà trasmesso a chi cura.

A proposito dei quali, anche se il pagamento simbolico di un euro ciascuno per i tifosi che hanno portato una causa contro Conrad Murray può sembrare offensiva (che tutti noi possiamo entrare in empatia con l'entità del dolore che sentivano), il fatto che questi tifosi hanno il più lontano hanno fatto, e vinto, è estremamente totemico. Sono eroi. E immaginate se ognuno di noi ha seguito l'esempio? L'importo Conrad Murray avrebbe dovuto pagare potrebbe salvare la Tenuta del loro difficile situazione finanziaria attuale. Dovremmo essere così inclinato.

Oggi è il diciassettesimo compleanno di Prince Michael. Un uomo evidentemente ben arrotondati e contenti, e un aspetto molto positivo di eredità di Michael: uno che canta volumi sopra di qualsiasi delle onde sfortunati avidità motivati ​​di rumore bianco che sopportiamo e proteggiamo contro Michael.

Buon compleanno Prince Michael Jackson! Si può avere il mio di euro.

Edited by ligary - 18/3/2014, 23:12

0 replies since 13/2/2014, 19:48   232 views