Group
    Administrator

Status

chateau-default

Where There Is Love

Friday
    Jan 2014
    Posted by sylmortilla

I never met Michael. The closest I came to it was hanging like an idiot off the back of the car he was in. It’s easy to judge those of us that did things like that, but the euphoric frenzy the man inspired, the piquing of anticipation, was like nothing else. The collective sense of butterflies in the stomach, being experienced by hundreds of people simultaneously, was inimitable. His presence had a unique property. I’ve spoken before about he could somehow osmotically transform the atmosphere in a room, a change sensed by fan and non-fan alike. At least, you used to be a non-fan. One of the tragedies of his death is the knowledge that we can never experience that feeling again. The last time I experienced this was at the O2 press conference. Though that time the feeling was mixed in with a strange potion of triumph and niggling concern.

Besides, I don’t think Michael minded my manic fan behaviour too much (of course he didn’t – he would stand on top of cars to ignite delirium), as he sent us pizza and blankets that night, as we waited outside the arena in subzero temperatures, in order to ensure we acquired front-row positions.

Acts of caring such as these were the reason why a teenage boy covered his bedroom window with the words MJ IS INNOCENT. Michael had saved my life, and he continues to do so. He gathered the waifs and strays, the lost children, and led them to a land of escapism. Not only in the physical manifestation of Neverland, that snapshot of eternal youth Michael built for himself and deprived children, but on a much larger scale, through his art and his mantra of following one’s dreams.

Certain people cried for Michael to have his children taken away from him after the second wave of allegations. They stormed and ransacked his house, a strange-but-fruitless examination of anything they could find, carried out by the light of their metaphorical burning crosses; insisting that the ‘monster’ left the village. Imagine what that would have done to him? It was no wonder he would never return. As he sang himself, his children were his life. There’s a reason Michael had less time for his artistry in his final decade on Earth: he was a hands-on single father. Though, in spite of this, he ultimately died as a result of attempting to produce one last show: both to please his fans, and to raise the capital to support his children, with him being under the misinformed belief that he was poverty-stricken.

I too have the privilege of being a father; the divine gift of listening to a four year old and a two year old serenade me with somewhat-less-than-faithful-to-the-original adaptations of Jackson 5 songs. They possess quite different musical tastes. Whereas the elder daughter likes to pirouette and float gracefully to ballads, the younger likes to head-bounce to funk. Running around in circles with a single-minded determination to catch up with themselves is a favourite dance move of both of them, however, and the one song they do agree on is ABC by the Jackson 5. Yeah. It’s on a lot, that one. The younger’s favourite is Dancing Machine (and at the drop of a coin, she comes alive), whereas Dancing Machine is ridiculed by the elder for containing the lyric, “croc-oc-odile” (it doesn’t, it says “watch her get down”, but if you listen, you can tell exactly what she means). The elder’s favourite is I’ll Be There. Or, as she sings it, “I’m A Bear”.

Imagine if someone threatened to take them away from me?

I’ll Be There is an anthem for the bereft; anyone plaintive for anyone missed. It is just one of the three concert mainstays that survived the forty years since the Jackson 5 era, and the only one given the honour of being played at full-length. The sentiment it carries of erstwhile or elsewhere loved ones nevertheless being present wherever love is found, is a powerful and healing one.

One that has taken on an extra special meaning in recent years.

http://sylmortilla.com/2014/01/24/where-there-is-love/

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    traduzione google

Dove c'è amore

Venerdì
    Gennaio 2014

Pubblicato da sylmortilla

Non ho mai incontrato Michael. Il più vicino mi è venuto ad esso era appeso come un idiota fuori la parte posteriore della vettura era in E 'facile giudicare quelli di noi che ha fatto cose del genere, ma la frenesia euforica l'uomo ispirato, il piquing di anticipazione, era come se niente altro. Il senso collettivo di farfalle nello stomaco, essendo vissute da centinaia di persone contemporaneamente, era inimitabile. La sua presenza ha avuto una proprietà unica. Ho parlato prima circa che potesse in qualche modo osmoticamente trasformare l'atmosfera in una stanza, un cambiamento percepito dai fan e non-fan allo stesso modo. Almeno, hai utilizzato per essere un non-fan. Una delle tragedie della sua morte è la conoscenza che non possiamo mai provare di nuovo quella sensazione. L'ultima volta che ho sperimentato questo era alla conferenza stampa O2. Anche se quel tempo il sentimento è stato mescolato con una strana pozione di trionfo e preoccupazione niggling.

Inoltre, non credo che Michael mentalità mio comportamento fan maniacale troppo (ovviamente non l'ha fatto - se ne stava sulla cima di vetture per accendere delirio), come ci ha inviato la pizza e coperte che la notte, come abbiamo aspettato fuori dal arena a temperature sottozero, al fine di garantire che ha acquisito posizioni di prima fila.

Gli atti di cura come questi sono stati il ​​motivo per cui un ragazzo coperto finestra della sua camera da letto con le parole MJ è innocente. Michael aveva salvato la vita, e lui continua a farlo. Raccolse i derelitti ei randagi, i bambini perduti, e li condusse in una terra di evasione. Non solo la manifestazione fisica di Neverland, che un'istantanea della giovinezza eterna Michael costruito per sé e per i bambini indigenti, ma su una scala molto più ampia, attraverso la sua arte e il suo mantra di seguire i propri sogni.

Certe persone pianto per Michael ad avere i suoi figli portati via da lui, dopo la seconda ondata di accuse. Hanno fatto irruzione e perquisito la sua casa, un esame di strano, ma-inutile di qualcosa che potevano trovare, effettuata dalla luce delle loro croci brucianti metaforiche, insistendo sul fatto che il 'mostro' lasciato il villaggio. Immaginate che cosa avrebbe fatto? Non c'era da meravigliarsi che non sarebbe mai ritorno. Come egli stesso cantava, i suoi figli erano la sua vita. C'è un motivo per Michael ha avuto meno tempo per la sua arte nel suo ultimo decennio sulla Terra: era un hands-on padre single. Anche se, a dispetto di ciò, in ultima analisi, è morto a causa del tentativo di produrre un ultimo spettacolo: sia per accontentare i suoi fans, e di aumentare il capitale per sostenere i suoi figli, con lui essendo sotto la convinzione disinformati che era miserabile .

Anch'io ho il privilegio di essere un padre, il dono divino di ascolto di un bimbo di quattro anni e mi serenata di due anni con-to-the-original po-meno-che-fedeli adattamenti di Jackson 5 canzoni. Possiedono molto diversi gusti musicali. Considerando che la figlia maggiore ama piroettare e galleggiare con grazia ballate, il più giovane ama testa-rimbalzo per funk. Correre in tondo con una determinazione a senso unico di raggiungere con se stessi è una danza mossa preferita di entrambi, però, e quella canzone che non è d'accordo su ABC dal Jackson 5. Già. E 'su un terreno, quello. Preferito del giovane sta ballando macchina (e alla goccia di una moneta, che si anima), mentre Ballando macchina è ridicolizzato dal più anziano per contenere la lirica, "croc-oc-odile" (non lo fa, si dice "watch lei scendere ", ma se si ascolta, si può dire esattamente che cosa significa). Preferito del sambuco è che io ci sarò. O, come lei canta: "Sono un orso".

Immaginate se qualcuno ha minacciato di portarli via da me?

Sarò C'è un inno per la priva, chiunque dolente per chiunque perdere. E 'solo uno dei tre pilastri dei concerti che sono sopravvissuti i quaranta anni da quando i Jackson 5 era, e l'unico dato l'onore di essere giocato in full-length. Il sentimento porta di quelli di un tempo o cari altrove di essere comunque presente ovunque si trova l'amore, è un potente e guarigione uno.

Uno che ha assunto un significato particolare in più negli ultimi anni.

0 replies since 24/1/2014, 16:27   54 views