1.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Jackson family’s sick rivalries and stolen love

jacksons3

By Stacy BrownOctober 14, 2013

After a chance meeting as a young fan, Stacy Brown became friends with the bizarre family of Michael Jackson. For 25 years, he hung out at their Hayvenhurst estate in Encino, Calif., and even ghostwrote their memoirs. He previously wrote about Katherine Jackson’s letters to her son, in which she called Michael a homophobic slur. Here, in Part Two of his memories of life among the Jacksons, he talks about the family member he knows best — Jermaine, the jealous older brother of Michael.
    “That was supposed to be me,” Jermaine Jackson said, for the 100th time, talking about the superstardom his younger brother enjoyed.
    “That’s why I stayed at Motown. We had plans. But once Michael beat me to it, he made sure it would only be him.”
    Of all the Jacksons, none was more tortured by the cult of Michael than Jermaine. He’d spend an entire day ranting against him. The next, he’d go on a talk show and defend him.
    All the while was the subtext — it should have been me.
    “I still say his timing was what made him the King of Pop,” Jermaine once said. Then he asked to borrow $500 to change the tires on his Mercedes.

Thy Brother’s ‘Wife’
    If there’s one best example of how dysfunctional the Jackson family is, know this — Jermaine stole away, then married, the mother of his younger brother Randy’s children.
    Randy met Alejandra Oaziaza in 1986, when she was about 17 and he was 24. Randy, seven years younger than Jermaine and three years younger than Michael, missed out on the heyday of the Jacksons’ Motown fame. Too young to appear in the Jackson 5, he nonetheless was enlisted in the family business and would tour with his brothers as he got older (as Michael went solo).
    Randy and Alejandra dated for a long time, but never married, having two children — Genevieve and Randy Jr. But Randy proved a bit too immature for Alejandra, and while he was away from home, Jermaine moved in.
    “Randy didn’t treat me like I was the one,” Alejandra told me. “I just thought that Jermaine was different, that he was more family oriented.”
    In 1995, Jermaine and Alejandra secretly married, later having children of their own — Jaafar, Donte and Jermajesty.
    Modal Trigger
    Randy Jackson was furious when his baby mama married Jermaine.

jacksons2
    Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Randy, of course, was devastated.
    “Joe Blow down the street, but my brother? In the same house?” Randy seethed about the betrayal. “She’s a pig and my brother is a fool.”
    Katherine, their mother, was not amused either and treated Alejandra like the help. Randy, meanwhile, withheld child-support payments, which Jermaine said he just couldn’t understand.
    “He’s an a-hole,” Jermaine said of Randy. “He shouldn’t let his feelings for me or Alejandra come between taking care of his kids.”
    Jermaine didn’t understand Randy’s anger in general.
    “He needs to get over it and leave all the petty stuff behind and act like a man,” Jermaine said to me. This conversation lasted more than four hours and I had to reason with him that, “You not only took his woman, but you had children with her and you married her. There’s nothing petty about that.”
    Jermaine just shrugged.
    Things broke down so badly between the brothers that they refused to speak to one another. In 1997, I was in the kitchen with Jackie, Tito and Jermaine, who was feeling tortured over the thought of having to fly with and go on stage alongside Randy to accept their introduction as The Jackson 5 into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    “I just don’t want to do anything with Randy,” Jermaine said.
    After about 15 minutes discussing how Jermaine should handle Randy at the awards presentation, I just had to speak up. “Dudes, this isn’t as much of a problem that you all are making it out to be,” I said. “Randy isn’t a member of The Jackson 5; he joined the group when you were called The Jacksons. The J-5 is being inducted.”
    They stared incredulously and then whooped with joy.
    Still, Randy didn’t let it go. He would always say to me, “Stacy, watch your women around my brother, you’re around him an awful lot, look what he did to me.”
    Indeed, Jermaine’s mind had one track. On one visit to New York, where he was crashing with a friend, Jermaine was interviewed by the Fox News anchor Rita Cosby — then spent the rest of the weekend talking about how it was his mission to “do” her in a hotel bedroom.
    Broke Casanova
    Naturally, Cosby would have to pay for the room if it were to happen. Jermaine had absolutely no cash, as usual.
    Later on, he told me he was hungry for some Burger King. Fine, I thought, we could do that. He said he’d pay this time. Of course, I doubted that but was certainly prepared to take him up on his offer. I ordered a Whopper meal while Jermaine simply ordered an apple pie.
    “You got a coupon for that?” he asked me with a laugh. I told him to order what he wanted, that I’d pay. So he returned to the counter and asked for large fries and an iced tea to go with the pie.
    The next time we spoke of Cosby, Jermaine shocked me by adding that he wanted to “bang Nancy Grace,” who is viewed as a family nemesis.
    “Just one time with that heifer,” he said. “I bet she won’t say anything bad about Michael anymore. She’ll just be thinking about her one night with the man! Jermaine.”
    That didn’t happen (as far as I know). But Jermaine did have many a conquest. In New York in 2001, for Michael’s 30th Anniversary Special concerts, Jermaine’s cellphone rang. Someone on the line told him Whitney Houston, a former lover of his, needed help.
    He hung up and turned to me. “She’s like Michael. She’s messed up on those drugs,” he said. “You know I used to wear her a– out. I know she’d take me back and get rid of that (expletive) Bobby Brown. Plus, I should just get with her before she loses all that money she’s made.”

whitney
    Whitney Houston and Jermaine Jackson dated.
    Photo: Dave Hogan/Getty Images

Whitney appeared sickly and rail thin at the concert and Jermaine said he was concerned. He said that after the second show, which was on Sept. 10, 2001, he’d get with her and seriously discuss moving to New Jersey or Atlanta to be with her.
    “I feel it’s my duty with Whitney, man,” Jermaine said. “She told me she never stopped loving me. I can get with her and I should. I just don’t know how she’d act to have me in that bed instead of Bobby. I might be too much for her. But I’d get her off the drugs. She’d be high, but only on Jermaine.”
    After the first show, which took place on Friday, Sept. 7, the family and invited guests gathered at Tavern on the Green in Central Park, where Michael, looking dazed, sat in an area that was roped off from his family. Macaulay Culkin sat with Michael.
    “He just told me he wasn’t doing the second show,” Jermaine told me. “He’s high as a kite, but I’m going to slap him around and get him straight.”

Secret Muslim Wedding
    One extracurricular relationship was somewhat more serious than the others. Jermaine was introduced to Lawanda, a friend of one his nieces, in the mid-1990s.
    By then, Jermaine had converted to Islam. In 1999, while still married to Alejandra, he and Lawanda had a “wedding” at a local mosque. Jermaine would tell me later that he did it just to make her happy. While it wasn’t legal in the eyes of the government, Lawanda felt sure — she was now Jermaine’s wife.
    At Michael’s anniversary concerts, Lawanda had had enough of being Jermaine’s No. 2. She came to me, crying. “Do you know who else’s anniversary it is?” she said. “Mine and Jermaine’s and he hasn’t said a word to me.” Then, in front of Jermaine, Randy and Alejandra’s young children, Lawanda tried to attack his lawful wife.
    “That’s Jermaine for you,” brother Jackie would later say.
    Even with two “wives,” Jermaine couldn’t help himself. One summer night in 2003, he and I were cruising Ventura Boulevard in Katherine’s late-model Mercedes. We stopped at Starbucks in Sherman Oaks where he introduced me to a neighbor named Sandy, who was waiting for him.
    We got back into the car and Sandy followed in her jeep close behind. Jermaine called Alejandra and told her that Minister Louis Farrakhan was in town and that we were going by his hotel to speak with him.
    We headed up into the pitch-black darkness of the Sepulveda Pass where we parked and Sandy parked right behind us. “Here, take the car and drive, come back in like an hour or so,” Jermaine said.
    He hopped out and into Sandy’s car — and before I could make a U-turn, they were like two teens, ripping their clothes off and getting it on right there.
    When I picked Jermaine up, he insisted we try and see Farrakhan so that his alibi would work. An aide to Farrakhan said he wasn’t available, so we returned to Hayvenhurst. Alejandra never asked about the meeting.
    Jermaine divorced Alejandra in 2004, leaving the divorce papers behind in the house as he went on tour. In 2005, he married Halima Rashid, who comes from a wealthy Mideast family. Lawanda still complains to Jackie and Tito that she has to play second fiddle.

Green with Envy
    Jermaine knew plenty about playing second fiddle, though. He would go through periods of anger about his brother, then periods of remorse when he realized he would probably be broke without him.

jacksons4
    Jermaine Jackson with his brother Michael. The two shared a complicated relationship.
    Photo: Reuters/Ed Souza

In 1991, Jermaine released the song “Word to the Badd” that accused Michael of “changing his shade.” Michael wouldn’t speak to him for years. Jermaine then became his brother’s most vocal defender, dismissing every rumor about him on any show that would have him. Jermaine also would warn Michael of the family’s planned interventions and trips to therapy.
    Still, Michael didn’t really pay Jermaine back — and kept putting off any talk of reunion concerts.
    Finally, at the end of 2001, Jermaine decided to write a be-all, end-all book to pay his bills. And once his girlfriend, Lawanda, got hold of it, she was determined that Jermaine earn a $1 million advance.
    The pitch was about Michael’s drug use and his penchant for keeping company with underage boys.
    Michael’s assistant was frantic. “We want a retraction! We want a retraction! Call every publisher in America and tell them you made it all up and it’s not true,” she said desperately.
    The Jacksons went into one of their famous family meetings and, oddly enough, several of them came away believing that Michael himself had made up the manuscript as a way to get attention.
    But Jermaine said Michael obtained a copy of the manuscript. And Michael, who paid for the house at Hayvenhurst, would use it as an excuse to throw Jermaine out.
    Jermaine backed off the book. He spent the next few years trying to make amends.
    And I remember him sitting in an airport giddy during Michael Jackson’s trial on molestation charges in 2005.
    “Michael said after the trial is over, we’re going on tour,” Jermaine said.
    I told him, you’re thinking about concerts — your brother could be going to jail for life.
    Jermaine just shook his head. Wasn’t going to happen, he said.
    Then he started talking about the tour, what he would wear, what it would look like.
    “Woo hoo, I love it.”

http://nypost.com/2013/10/14/jackson-famil...nd-stolen-love/

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Traduzione google

Rivalità malati di Jackson famiglia e l'amore rubato
    Con Stacy Brown14 ottobre 2013 | 06:00

Dopo un incontro casuale, come una giovane fan, Stacy Brown è diventato amico di famiglia bizzarra di Michael Jackson. Per 25 anni, ha appeso fuori a loro tenuta Hayvenhurst a Encino, in California, e anche ghostwrote loro memorie. In precedenza, aveva scritto su lettere di Katherine Jackson a suo figlio, in cui ha chiamato Michael un insulto omofobo . Qui, nella seconda parte dei suoi ricordi di vita tra i Jackson, parla il membro della famiglia che conosce meglio - Jermaine, il fratello geloso maggiore di Michael.
    "Quella che doveva essere me", ha detto Jermaine Jackson, per la 100a volta, parlando della superstar suo fratello minore goduto.
    "Ecco perché ho soggiornato al Motown. Avevamo dei progetti. Ma una volta che Michael mi ha battuto sul tempo, ha fatto in modo che lui sarebbe stato solo. "
    Di tutti i Jackson, nessuno è stato più tormentato dal culto di Michael di Jermaine. Aveva trascorrere un'intera giornata inveire contro di lui. Il prossimo, che sarebbe andato in un talk show e difenderlo.
    Per tutto il tempo è stato il sottotesto - dovrebbe essere stato io.
    "Continuo a dire che il suo momento era quello che lui il Re del Pop ha fatto," Jermaine ha detto una volta. Poi ha chiesto di prendere in prestito 500 dollari per cambiare le gomme sulla sua Mercedes.
    Del tuo fratello 'Moglie'
    Se c'è un miglior esempio di come disfunzionale famiglia Jackson è, sapere questo - Jermaine ha rubato via, poi sposata, la madre dei figli fratello minore di Randy.
    Randy ha incontrato Alejandra Oaziaza nel 1986, quando aveva circa 17 e aveva 24 anni. Randy, sette anni più giovane di Jermaine e di tre anni più giovane di Michael, perso il periodo d'oro del Jacksons 'Motown fama. Troppo giovane per apparire nel Jackson 5, che comunque è stato arruolato nella azienda di famiglia e sarebbe in tour con i suoi fratelli come ha ottenuto più anziani (come Michael andato da solo).
    Randy e Alejandra frequentati per lungo tempo, ma mai sposato, con due figli - Genevieve e Randy Jr. Ma Randy rivelati un po 'troppo immaturo per Alejandra, e mentre lui era lontano da casa, Jermaine spostati dentro
    "Randy non mi trattano come se fossi l'unico," Alejandra mi ha detto. "Ho solo pensato che Jermaine era diverso, che era orientata più famiglia".
    Nel 1995, Jermaine e Alejandra segretamente sposati, dopo avere figli propri - Jaafar, Donte e Jermajesty.
    Grilletto Modal
    Randy Jackson era furioso quando la sua mamma bambino sposato Jermaine.
    Photo: Kevin Mazur / WireImage
    Randy, ovviamente, è stata devastata.
    "Joe Blow in fondo alla strada, ma mio fratello? Nella stessa casa? "Randy ribolliva per il tradimento. "E 'un maiale e mio fratello è uno sciocco."
    Katherine, la madre, non era divertito neanche e trattata Alejandra come l'aiuto. Randy, nel frattempo, abbia sospeso i pagamenti di bambino di supporto, che Jermaine ha detto che lui non riusciva a capire.
    "E 'un un-buco", Jermaine ha detto di Randy. "Egli non deve lasciare che i suoi sentimenti per me o Alejandra venire tra prendersi cura dei suoi figli."
    Jermaine non ha capito la rabbia di Randy in generale.
    "Ha bisogno di ottenere su di esso e lasciare tutta la roba piccola dietro e agire come un uomo", Jermaine ha detto a me. Questa conversazione è durata più di quattro ore e ho dovuto ragionare con lui che: "Hai preso non solo la sua donna, ma hai avuto figli con lei e tu la sposò. Non c'è niente di meschino di che ".
    Jermaine si strinse nelle spalle.
    Le cose si sono interrotte così male tra i fratelli che hanno rifiutato di parlare l'un l'altro. Nel 1997, ero in cucina con Jackie, Tito e Jermaine, che si sentiva torturato il pensiero di dover volare con e salire sul palco insieme a Randy per accettare la loro introduzione come The Jackson 5 nella Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    "Io non voglio fare niente con Randy", ha detto Jermaine.
    Dopo circa 15 minuti che parlano di come Jermaine deve gestire Randy alla presentazione dei premi, ho dovuto parlare. "Ragazzi, questo non è tanto di un problema che tutti voi state facendo fuori per essere," dissi. "Randy non è membro di The Jackson 5, si è unito al gruppo in cui siete stati chiamati The Jacksons. Il J-5 viene introdotto. "
    Si guardarono increduli e poi urlava di gioia.
    Eppure, Randy non lasciarlo andare. Lui diceva sempre a me ", Stacy, guardare le vostre donne in tutto il mio fratello, sei intorno a lui un sacco di cose, guardate cosa ha fatto per me."
    In effetti, la mente di Jermaine aveva una traccia. Da una visita a New York, dove è stato crash con un amico, Jermaine è stato intervistato dalla Fox News anchor Rita Cosby - poi trascorso il resto del fine settimana a parlare di come è stata la sua missione di "fare" lei in una camera d'albergo.
    Broke Casanova
    Naturalmente, Cosby avrebbe dovuto pagare per la camera se dovesse accadere. Jermaine aveva assolutamente denaro, come al solito.
    Più tardi, mi ha detto che aveva fame di qualche Burger King. Bene, ho pensato, potremmo farlo. Ha detto che avrebbe pagato questa volta. Certo, ho dubitato che, ma è stato certamente disposto a portarlo fino alla sua offerta. Ho ordinato un pasto Whopper mentre Jermaine semplicemente ordinato una torta di mele.
    "Hai un coupon per questo?" Mi chiese con una risata. Gli ho detto di ordinare quello che voleva, che io pagherei. Così tornò al bancone e ha chiesto grandi patatine fritte e un tè freddo per andare con la torta.
    La prossima volta che abbiamo parlato di Cosby, Jermaine mi ha scioccato, aggiungendo che voleva "botto Nancy Grace", che è visto come una nemesi famiglia.
    "Solo una volta con quella giovenca," ha detto. "Scommetto che lei non dire nulla di male su Michael più. Lei sarà solo pensare a lei una notte con l'uomo! Jermaine. "
    Ciò non è accaduto (per quanto ne so). Ma Jermaine ha avuto molti una conquista. A New York, nel 2001, per il 30 ° Anniversario concerti speciali di Michael, il cellulare di Jermaine suonò. Qualcuno sulla linea gli ha detto Whitney Houston, un ex amante di suo, aveva bisogno di aiuto.
    Lui riattaccò e si rivolse a me. "E 'come Michael. Ha incasinato su quei farmaci, "ha detto. "Sai che ho usato per indossare il suo a-out. So che aveva Take Me Back e di sbarazzarsi di quella (imprecazione) Bobby Brown. Inoltre, vorrei solo avere con lei prima che lei perde tutti i soldi che lei ha fatto ".
    Grilletto Modal
    Whitney Houston e Jermaine Jackson datati.
    Photo: Dave Hogan / Getty Images
    Whitney apparso malaticcio e magrissima al concerto e Jermaine si è detto preoccupato. Ha detto che dopo il secondo spettacolo, che era il 10 settembre 2001, avrebbe ricevuto con lei e discutere seriamente di trasferirsi a New Jersey o Atlanta per stare con lei.
    "Sento che è mio dovere con Whitney, l'uomo", ha detto Jermaine. "Mi ha detto che non ha mai smesso di amarmi. Posso avere con lei e che dovrei. Io proprio non so come avrebbe agire per avere me in quel letto, invece di Bobby. Potrei essere troppo per lei. Ma mi piacerebbe avere la sua via la droga. Sarebbe stata alta, ma solo su Jermaine. "
    Dopo il primo spettacolo, che ha avuto luogo il Venerdì 7 settembre, la famiglia e gli ospiti invitati riuniti al Tavern on the Green a Central Park, dove Michael, guardando stordita, si sedette in una zona che è stata recintata dalla sua famiglia. Macaulay Culkin si sedette con Michael.
    "Mi ha solo detto che non stava facendo il secondo spettacolo," mi ha detto Jermaine. "E 'alto come un aquilone, ma ho intenzione di prenderlo a schiaffi in giro e farlo subito."
    Matrimonio musulmano segreto
    Un rapporto extracurricolare era un po 'più serio rispetto agli altri. Jermaine è stato introdotto per Lawanda, un amico di uno suoi nipoti, a metà degli anni 1990.
    Da allora, Jermaine era convertito all'Islam. Nel 1999, mentre ancora sposato con Alessandra, lui e Lawanda aveva un "matrimonio" in una moschea locale. Jermaine mi avrebbe detto più tardi che lo ha fatto solo per farla felice. Mentre non era legale negli occhi del governo, Lawanda era sicuro - lei era ormai moglie di Jermaine.
    Ai concerti di anniversario di Michael, Lawanda aveva avuto abbastanza di essere di Jermaine No. 2. È venuta da me, piangendo. "Sai chi altro anniversario è?" Ha detto. "Il mio e Jermaine e lui non ha detto una parola per me." Allora, di fronte a Jermaine, Randy e bambini di Alejandra, Lawanda cercato di attaccare la sua legittima moglie.
    "Questo è Jermaine per te", fratello Jackie dirà più tardi.
    Anche con due "mogli", Jermaine non poteva farne a meno. Una notte d'estate del 2003, io e lui stavamo crociera Ventura Boulevard a Mercedes ultimo modello di Katherine. Ci siamo fermati da Starbucks a Sherman Oaks, dove mi presentò ad un vicino di casa di nome Sandy, che lo aspettava.
    Siamo tornati in macchina e Sandy seguimmo nella sua jeep vicino. Jermaine chiama Alejandra e le disse che il Ministro Louis Farrakhan era in città e che stavamo andando dal suo albergo per parlare con lui.
    Ci siamo diretti nel buio nero come la pece del Passo Sepulveda dove abbiamo parcheggiato e Sandy parcheggiato proprio dietro di noi. "Ecco, prendi la macchina e, tornato in come un'ora o giù di lì", ha detto Jermaine.
    Egli saltò fuori e dentro la macchina di Sandy - e prima che potessi fare un'inversione a U, erano come due adolescenti, che strappa i vestiti e ottenere il proprio lì.
    Quando ho preso Jermaine up, ha insistito proviamo e vediamo Farrakhan in modo che il suo alibi avrebbe funzionato. Un collaboratore di Farrakhan ha detto che non era disponibile, così siamo tornati a Hayvenhurst. Alejandra mai chiesto la riunione.
    Jermaine Alejandra divorziato nel 2004, lasciando le carte del divorzio dietro in casa mentre andava in tour. Nel 2005, si sposò con Halima Rashid, che proviene da una ricca famiglia mediorientale. Lawanda lamenta ancora a Jackie e Tito che lei deve giocare un ruolo secondario.
    Verde d'invidia
    Jermaine sapeva un sacco di giocare secondo violino, però. Sarebbe andato attraverso periodi di rabbia di suo fratello, quindi i periodi di rimorso quando si rese conto che sarebbe probabilmente rotto senza di lui.
    Grilletto Modal
    Jermaine Jackson con il fratello Michael. I due condividevano un rapporto complicato.
    Foto: Reuters / Ed Souza
    Nel 1991, Jermaine rilasciato la canzone "Parola al Badd" che ha accusato Michael di "cambiare la sua ombra." Michael non avrebbe parlato di lui per anni. Jermaine poi divenne difensore più vocale di suo fratello, che respinge ogni voce su di lui su qualsiasi spettacolo che lo avrebbe. Jermaine avrebbe anche avvertire Michael di interventi e gite programmate terapia della famiglia.
    Eppure, Michael non ha davvero pagare Jermaine indietro - e continuava a rimandare qualsiasi discorso di concerti reunion.
    Infine, alla fine del 2001, Jermaine ha deciso di scrivere un essere-tutto, fine-tutto libro per pagare le sue fatture. E una volta che la sua ragazza, Lawanda, avuto in mano, lei è stato determinato che Jermaine guadagnare un anticipo di $ 1 milione.
    Il passo era circa l'uso di droghe di Michael e il suo debole per tenere compagnia con ragazzi minorenni.
    Assistente di Michael era frenetica. "Vogliamo una ritrattazione! Vogliamo una ritrattazione! Chiamare tutti gli editori in America e dire loro che hai fatto tutto e che non è vero ", ha detto disperata.
    The Jacksons è andato in una delle loro riunioni familiari famosi e, stranamente, molti di loro è venuto via credendo che Michael stesso aveva composto il manoscritto come un modo per attirare l'attenzione.
    Ma Jermaine ha detto Michael ha ottenuto una copia del manoscritto. E Michael, che ha pagato la casa a Hayvenhurst, sarebbe usarlo come scusa per buttare fuori Jermaine.
    Jermaine marcia indietro il libro. Ha trascorso i prossimi anni cercando di fare ammenda.
    E mi ricordo di lui seduto in un aeroporto vertiginosa durante il processo a Michael Jackson, con l'accusa di molestie nel 2005.
    "Michael ha detto che dopo il processo è finito, stiamo andando in tour", ha detto Jermaine.
    Gli ho detto, stai pensando di concerti - tuo fratello potrebbe andare in prigione per tutta la vita.
    Jermaine scosse la testa. Non sarebbe accaduto, ha detto.
    Poi ha iniziato a parlare del tour, che cosa avrebbe indossare, che cosa sarebbe simile.
    "Woo hoo, mi piace."

0 replies since 14/10/2013, 17:54   706 views