TRIAL-JACKSON FAM vs AEG LIVE ONLY NEWS

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson wanted Conrad Murray as tour doctor, AEG exec says

The AEG executive in charge of Michael Jackson's London concerts testified Monday that he had never heard of Conrad Murray — the doctor who gave the singer a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol — until Jackson told him he wanted the physician to accompany him on his comeback tour in England.

“He came up to me and said he wanted to take Dr. Murray to London as his personal physician,” Paul Gongaware testified in the Jackson family's wrongful-death suit against Anschutz Entertainment Group, the tour promoter and producer.

When Gongaware suggested during the late April 2009 conversation it would be easier and cheaper to use an English doctor, Jackson vetoed the idea.

Gongaware said Jackson told him, "'This is the machine. We have to take care of the machine.' I think what he meant was his brain could create it but his body had to deliver the show every night.”

Shortly after, Gongaware testified, he called Murray to tell him Jackson wanted to take him to London.

Murray, he said, didn't ask any questions, and they immediately started talking about the price.

“I asked him what he wanted." Gongaware testified. "He said he’d need $5 million."

Murray told Gongaware that he'd have to shut down his clinics in Houston, Las Vegas and San Diego and lay people off.

Asked by AEG attorney Marvin Putnam if Murray's price was reasonable, Gongaware replied, “It was ridiculous… Michael couldn’t afford it, so I had to tell him it wasn’t going to work.”

Murray eventually agreed to work for $150,000 a month.

Jackson's mother and three children are suing AEG, Gongaware and AEG executive Randy Phillips, saying they negligently hired and supervised Murray. AEG says Jackson hired the doctor and that any money the company was supposed to pay him was an advance to the singer.

Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and is now serving a jail sentence.

Traduzione:

Michael Jackson voleva Conrad Murray come medico tour, exec AEG dice

Esecutivo incaricato di concerti di Londra di Michael Jackson AEG testimoniato lunedì che egli non avesse mai sentito parlare di Conrad Murray, il medico che ha dato al cantante una dose letale dell'anestetico propofol — fino a Jackson gli ha detto che voleva il medico ad accompagnarlo nel suo viaggio di ritorno in Inghilterra.

"Egli si avvicinò a me e ha detto che voleva prendere il dottor Murray a Londra come suo medico personale," Paul Gongaware ha testimoniato in tuta colposo della famiglia Jackson contro Anschutz Entertainment Group, il tour promotore e produttore.

Quando Gongaware ha suggerito durante il tarda aprile 2009 conversazione che sarebbe più facile e più conveniente utilizzare un medico inglese, Jackson vetoed l'idea.

Gongaware ha detto Jackson ha detto lui, "' questa è la macchina. Dobbiamo prendere cura della macchina.' Penso che ciò che egli intende era suo cervello potrebbe crearlo, ma il suo corpo ha dovuto consegnare lo spettacolo ogni sera."

Poco dopo, Gongaware ha testimoniato, ha chiamato Murray per dirgli di che Jackson voleva portarlo a Londra.

Murray, ha detto, non fare domande, e hanno immediatamente iniziato parlando del prezzo.

"Gli ho chiesto che cosa voleva." Gongaware ha testimoniato. "Disse che avrebbe avuto bisogno di $5 milioni".

Murray ha detto Gongaware che avrebbe dovuto chiudere giù sue cliniche in Houston, Las Vegas e San Diego e laici.

Chiesto dall'avvocato AEG Marvin Putnam se prezzo di Murray era ragionevole, Gongaware rispose: "e ' stato ridicolo... Michael non poteva permetterselo, così ho dovuto dirgli che non aveva intenzione di lavorare."

Murray alla fine accettò di lavorare per $150.000 al mese.

Madre e tre figli di Jackson sono citare AEG, Gongaware e AEG esecutivo Randy Phillips, dicendo che hanno assunto per negligenza e supervisionato Murray. AEG dice Jackson assunto dal medico e che i soldi che l'azienda avrebbe dovuto per pagare lui erano un anticipo al cantante.

Murray è stato condannato per omicidio involontario e ora sta scontando una pena di prigione.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-l...0,2748009.story

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8187 views