1. Valerie77
        Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

AEG email: Footage of a 'skeletal' Jackson ordered deleted

o2

About six weeks after Michael Jackson’s death, an AEG executive told a producer for the “This Is It” documentary to delete footage of the singer looking too “skeletal.”

Witnesses in the Jackson family’s wrongful-death suit have testified that they were worried about the singer’s health and dramatic weight loss in the day before his scheduled comeback tour and had expressed concerns to tour officials.

The paramedic who came to Jackson’s Holmby Hills home after the 911 call on June 25, 2009, testified that the singer was so emaciated that he thought Jackson was an end-stage cancer patient who had come home to die.

“Make sure we take out the shots of MJ in that red leather jacket at the sound stage where the mini-movies were being filmed,” AEG Live president and co-chief executive Randy Phillips wrote.

Phillips sent the email to Paul Gongaware, who was back on the witness stand Thursday for his third straight day of testimony. Gongaware, co-chief executive of AEG Live, was a producer of the documentary.

Gongaware replied to Phillips, his boss, “ok will have a look when it comes on screen.”

In another email, Gongaware wrote, “We are ok with the band, singers and dancers doing inteviews now. The only thing we ask is that they keep it positive and stress that MJ was active, engaged and not the emaciated person some want to paint him as being.”

Answering questions from Jackson family attorney Brian Panish, Gongaware said he was not trying to control the film’s message. “We’re asking them to keep it positive,” he said.

Gongaware said nothing was taken out of the documentary, which included rehearsals for the scheduled 50 concerts in London.

Gongaware’s testimony again emphasized the contrast between the answers he gave during his deposition under oath in December 2012 and his responses in the courtroom.

In testimony Wednesday, he agreed that Phillips meant “thin” in his email, instead of the word he typed, “think.”

Asked during the deposition what Phillips meant, he replied, ”I don’t know what he meant.”

The wrongful death case was brought by Jackson’s mother and three children against AEG, the promoter and producer of the London concerts.

The family contends that AEG negligently hired and supervised Conrad Murray, the doctor who gave Jackson the fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol. AEG says that the doctor worked for Jackson, and that any money the company was supposed to pay Murray were advances to the singer.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-l...0,4702553.story
    -------------
    Traduzione

AEG e-mail: Ordinarono di cancellare i filmati di un Jackson scheletrico

Circa sei settimane dopo la morte di Michael Jackson, un dirigente AEG ha detto ad un produttore per il documentario di "This Is It", di cancellare i filmati dove il cantante appare troppo " scheletrico".

Alcuni testimoni nella causa per la morte del cantante, hanno testimoniato che erano preoccupati per la sua salute e per la drammatica perdita di peso nei giorni precedenti all'inizio del tour e hanno espresso preoccupazioni ai funzionari .

Il paramedico che è arrivato a Holmby Hills nella casa di Jackson dopo la chiamata al 911 in data 25 giugno 2009, ha testimoniato che il cantante era apparso così emaciato da fargli pensare che Jackson fosse un malato di cancro in fase terminale .

"Assicurati che vengano tolti i filmati di MJ in quella giacca di pelle rossa nel teatro, dove venivano girati i mini-film," scrive il presidente e co-amministratore delegato Randy Phillips.

Phillips ha inviato questa e-mail a Paul Gongaware, che era di nuovo sul banco dei testimoni Giovedi per il suo terzo giorno consecutivo di testimonianza. Gongaware, co-amministratore delegato della AEG Live era il produttore del documentario.

Gongaware ha risposto a Phillips, il suo capo, "ok avrà un aspetto migliore quando apparirà sullo schermo"

In un'altra e-mail, Gongaware ha scritto: "Siamo ok con la band, cantanti e ballerini che faranno adesso le interviste. L'unica cosa che chiediamo è che ne parlino in modo positivo , dicendo che MJ era attivo, impegnato e non la persona emaciata che alcuni vogliono dipingere. "

Rispondendo alle domande dell'avvocato della famiglia Jackson, Brian Panish, Gongaware ha detto che non stava cercando di controllare il messaggio del film. "Stavamo solo chiedendo di ricordarlo in modo positivo," ha detto.

Gongaware ha detto che nulla è stato tolto dal documentario, che comprendeva le prove per i 50 concerti programmati a Londra.

La testimonianza di Gongaware ha nuovamente sottolineato il contrasto tra le risposte che aveva dato durante la sua deposizione sotto giuramento nel dicembre del 2012 e le sue risposte in aula.

Nella testimonianza di Mercoledì, ha convenuto che Phillips forse non intendeva scrivere "sottile" nella sua e-mail, ma "pensare".. (n.d.r in inglese, i significati sono thin= sottile e think= pensare)
    Durante la deposizione invece , quando gli è stato chiesto cosa Phillips volesse dire , ha risposto: "Io non so cosa volesse dire."

Il caso di omissione di soccorso è stato portato dalla madre di Jackson e i tre figli contro AEG, il promoter e produttore dei concerti di Londra.

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8187 views