TRIAL-JACKSON FAM vs AEG LIVE ONLY NEWS

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

AEG Live co-CEO testifies about negotiating deal for Michael Jackson’s doctor

LOS ANGELES — A top executive of the company that was producing Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” tour acknowledged reluctantly Tuesday that he negotiated a deal for the doctor that the pop star had chosen to accompany him.

But AEG Live executive Paul Gongaware testified his only role in the matter was negotiating the price of Dr. Conrad Murray’s services in compliance with what Jackson asked him to do.
    Gongaware said that neither he nor anyone at the entertainment giant investigated Murray’s background or credentials.

“The fact that he had been Michael Jackson’s personal physician for three years was good enough for me,” Gongaware said.

Gongaware, the Co-CEO of AEG Live, testified in the Los Angeles trial as a hostile witness called by lawyers for Jackson’s mother in her negligent-hiring lawsuit.

He came under aggressive examination by plaintiff’s attorney Brian Panish on whether AEG or Jackson was responsible for hiring Murray, who was ultimately convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the superstar’s death.

Jackson died in 2009 after being given a powerful anesthetic.

Asked if he knew that Murray was in financial difficulties when he took the job as tour doctor, Gongaware answered no.

He said that Murray initially asked for $5 million to travel to London with Jackson and tend to him during the tour.

“I just told him it wasn’t going to happen,” he said, recalling that Jackson then suggested offering him $150,000 a month.

“Michael Jackson insisted on it and recommended him and it was not for me to tell him no,” said Gongaware, who is a defendant in the multibillion-dollar lawsuit.

“I wanted to provide what was necessary for him to do his job...He wanted a doctor and I wanted him to be healthy.”

Even after the offer of $150,000, Murray wasn’t satisfied.

“He started saying he wanted more and I said, ‘The offer is coming directly from the artist,” Gongaware said.

Minutes later, he said Murray accepted.

“Did that seem desperate to you?” asked Panish.

“No,” said Gongaware. “He just accepted Michael’s offer.”

During Tuesday’s court session, Katherine Jackson was accompanied to court by her singing star daughter Janet who sat beside her for the first half of the day. Later, her sister, Rebbie took the seat.

Gongaware often pleaded poor memory of events. He said he may have met with Jackson as many as 10 times, but could remember only two of the meetings and only one when Murray was present.

Prodded by Panish, he remembered a meeting at which Jackson arrived late from a doctor’s appointment and had slurred speech.

“He was a bit off,” he said, “that was the only time I saw him like that.”

At the heart of the case is who hired Murray. At first, Gongaware insisted he did no negotiating with Murray, but, confronted with emails and his previous testimony, he changed his position and said, “The only thing I did with Dr. Murray was negotiate a price.”

He indicated that he was so shocked by Murray’s demand that he consulted a doctor friend to see what he would charge for the same job. The other doctor said he would have gone on tour for $10,000 a week.

“Did you ever convey that to Michael Jackson?” asked Panish.

“I don’t recall,” said Gongaware whose testimony was peppered with that phrase.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Traduzione:

AEG Live co-CEO testimonia negoziando l'accordo per il dottore di Michael Jackson

LOS ANGELES — Un dirigente dell'azienda che produceva tour di Michael Jackson "This Is It" riconosciuto a malincuore martedì che ha negoziato un accordo per il medico che la pop star ha scelto per accompagnarlo.

Ma AEG Live esecutivo Paul Gongaware ha testimoniato che il suo ruolo solo nella questione stava negoziando il prezzo dei servizi di Dr. Conrad Murray in conformità con ciò che Jackson gli ha chiesto di fare.
    Gongaware ha detto che né lui né chiunque presso il gigante di intrattenimento studiati di Murray sfondo o le credenziali.

"Il fatto che egli era stato il medico personale di Michael Jackson per tre anni è stato abbastanza buono per me," ha detto Gongaware.

Gongaware, Co-CEO di AEG Live, ha testimoniato al processo di Los Angeles come un testimone ostile chiamato dagli avvocati per la madre di Jackson nella sua querela negligente-assunzione.

È venuto sotto esame aggressivo dall'avvocato dell'attore Brian Panish se AEG o Jackson è responsabile per l'assunzione di Murray, che in definitiva è stato condannato di omicidio involontario nella morte del superstar.

Jackson morì nel 2009 dopo aver ricevuto un potente anestetico.

Ha chiesto se sapeva che Murray era in difficoltà finanziarie, quando prese il posto di lavoro come medico tour, Gongaware ha risposto di no.

Ha detto che Murray inizialmente chiesto per $5 milioni di viaggi per Londra con Jackson e tendono a lui durante il tour.

"Ho appena detto che it wasn't going to happen," ha detto, ricordando che Jackson ha suggerito quindi offrendogli $150.000 al mese.

"Michael Jackson ha insistito su di esso e lo raccomanda e non fosse stato per me a dirgli no," ha detto Gongaware, che è un imputato nella causa multimiliardaria.

"Ho voluto fornire ciò che era necessario per lui di fare il suo lavoro...Voleva un medico e volevo che lui di essere sani".

Anche dopo l'offerta di $150.000, Murray non era soddisfatto.

"Ha iniziato dicendo che voleva più e ho detto, ' l'offerta proviene direttamente dall'artista," ha detto Gongaware.

Minuti più tardi, ha detto che Murray ha accettato.

"Fatto che sembra disperate per te?" chiese Panish.

«No», ha detto Gongaware. "Accettò solo offerta di Michael".

Durante la sessione di Corte di martedì, Katherine Jackson è stato accompagnato alla Corte di sua figlia stella di canto Janet che sedeva accanto a lei per la prima metà della giornata. Più tardi, sua sorella, Rebbie ha preso la sede.

Gongaware supplicato spesso scarsa memoria degli eventi. Ha detto che lui può avere incontrato con Jackson anche 10 volte, ma potrebbe ricordare solo due degli incontri e solo uno quando Murray era presente.

Spronato da Panish, ricordò un incontro in cui Jackson è arrivato in ritardo dalla nomina di un medico e aveva slurred discorso.

"Era un po' fuori", ha detto, "che è stata l'unica volta che ho visto lui come quello."

Il cuore del caso è che assunti Murray. In un primo momento, ha insistito Gongaware ha non fatto nessun negoziato con Murray, ma, confrontati con le email e la sua testimonianza precedente, ha cambiato la sua posizione e disse, "l'unica cosa che ho fatto con il Dr. Murray era negoziare un prezzo".

Egli ha indicato che egli era così sconvolto dalla richiesta di Murray che ha consultato un amico medico per vedere che cosa egli sarebbe responsabile per lo stesso lavoro. L'altro dottore ha detto che egli sarebbe andato in tour per $10.000 alla settimana.

"Ha fatto si mai trasmettere che a Michael Jackson?" chiese Panish.

"Non ricordo," ha detto Gongaware cui testimonianza è stato condito con quella frase.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. Tutti i diritti riservati. Questo materiale non può essere pubblicato, trasmesso, riscritto o ridistribuito.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainmen...000a_story.html

Michael Jackson case: 'We need to pull the plug now,' says AEG email

Three months before Michael Jackson died, a top executive of concert promoter AEG Live wrote an email to another company executive saying, "We need to pull the plug now. I will explain."

The email was sent on March 25, 2009, and was from Randy Phillips to Paul Gongaware, who took the stand Tuesday in what is expected to be the first of several days of testimony.

Gongaware denied that the email was a reference to calling off Jackson’s "This Is It" concerts in London but instead was pointed at "pulling the plug on Karen Faye," the singer's hairstylist, makeup artist and longtime friend who had expressed fears about Jackson's poor health.
    FULL COVERAGE: AEG wrongful death trial

"We never talked about pulling the plug on the Michael Jackson tour, not that I recall.” said Gongaware, co-chief executive of AEG Live's touring division.

Faye testified earlier in the trial that she told tour director Kenny Ortega in June that she was worried Jackson would die.

In another March 25, 2009, email, Ortega wrote Gongaware that it was Faye's "strong opinion that this is dangerous and impractical with consideration to MJ's health and ability to perform." The singer died June 25, 2009, as he was rehearsing for the tour.

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson | 1958-2009

The email, shown to the jury in the wrongful-death suit filed by Jackson's mother and children, raises questions about how early people began sending out warnings about Jackson's health.

"I think Kenny wanted to pull the plug on her because of the way she handled the situation," Gongaware testified about Faye. "She tried to control access to Michael Jackson, and Kenny didn’t like that.”

In other emails shown to the jury, Gongaware denigrated Jackson's work ethic. He told his assistant to change the colors of a calendar so the singer would think he had more days off.

"Figure it out so it looks like he's not working so much," Gongaware wrote.

Another email, Gongaware said, was about the need for Jackson to appear at a news conference in London announcing the concerts.

"We cannot be forced into stopping this, which MJ will try to do because he is lazy and constantly changes his mind to fit his immediate wants,” he wrote.

Explaining the email, Gongaware testified that Jackson "really didn’t like to rehearse. He didn’t like to do these kinds of things."

Jackson's mother and three children are suing AEG for negligently hiring and supervising Conrad Murray, the doctor who administered a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to the singer.

AEG maintains that Jackson hired Murray and that any money the company was supposed to pay the physician was actually part of an advance to the singer.

Caso di Michael Jackson: 'Abbiamo bisogno di staccare la spina,' dice e-mail AEG

Tre mesi prima della morte di Michael Jackson, un dirigente del promotore di concerto AEG Live ha scritto un'e-mail a un altro dirigente di azienda dicendo: "abbiamo bisogno di staccare la spina, ora. Vi spiegherà."

L'email è stata inviata il 25 marzo 2009 ed era Randy Phillips-Paul Gongaware, che ha preso lo stand martedì in ciò che dovrebbe essere il primo di diversi giorni di testimonianza.

Gongaware negato che l'email era un riferimento a chiamare fuori Jackson "This Is It" concerti a Londra, ma invece è stato puntato "Karen Faye, tirando la spina" del cantante hair stylist, makeup artist e all'amico che aveva espresso timori sulle cattive condizioni di salute di Jackson.
    COPERTURA completa: AEG colposo trial

"Non abbiamo mai parlato tirando la spina del tour di Michael Jackson, non che io richiamo." ha detto Gongaware, co-amministratore delegato della divisione turismo di AEG Live.

Faye ha testimoniato prima nella prova che ha detto tour regista Kenny Ortega nel mese di giugno che era preoccupato Jackson sarebbe morto.

In un altro 25 marzo 2009, e-mail, Ortega ha scritto Gongaware che si trattava "Forte opinione che questo è pericoloso e poco pratico con la considerazione per la salute e la capacità di effettuare MJ." di Faye Il cantante morì il 25 giugno 2009, come egli era le prove per il tour.

Foto: Michael Jackson | 1958-2009

L'email, mostrato alla giuria del colposo vestito archiviato dalla madre di Jackson e i bambini, solleva domande su persone come presto ha iniziato l'invio di avvisi circa la salute di Jackson.

"Penso che Kenny ha voluto tirare la spina su di lei a causa del modo che ha gestito la situazione," Gongaware ha testimoniato su Faye. "Ha cercato di controllare l'accesso a Michael Jackson, e Kenny che non piace".

In altre e-mail mostrato alla giuria, Gongaware denigrato etica del lavoro di Jackson. Ha detto il suo assistente per modificare i colori di un calendario così la cantante potrebbe pensare che ha avuto più giorni.

"Capire e così sembra che non lavora così tanto," ha scritto Gongaware.

Un'altra email, Gongaware ha detto, era circa la necessità di Jackson a comparire in una conferenza stampa che annuncia i concerti di Londra.

"Noi non possiamo essere costretto in questo, che MJ cercherà di fare perché è pigro e cambia costantemente la sua mente per adattare il suo immediato vuole fermarsi," ha scritto.

Spiegando l'email, Gongaware ha testimoniato che Jackson "non piace molto a provare. Non gli piaceva fare questi tipi di cose."

Madre e tre figli di Jackson sono citare AEG per negligentemente assunzioni e supervisione Conrad Murray, il medico che ha somministrato una dose fatale dell'anestetico propofol al cantante.

AEG sostiene che Jackson assunto Murray e che i soldi che l'azienda avrebbe dovuto per pagare il medico erano in realtà parte di un anticipo al cantante.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-l...0,1009522.story

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8187 views