TRIAL-JACKSON FAM vs AEG LIVE ONLY NEWS

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Jackson witness: Answer to health was 'Get him a bucket of chicken'

Michael Jackson’s makeup artist testified Friday that although the singer once asked her if she had painkillers, she never broached the subject of his addiction with him.
    Karen Faye said that during Jackson’s 2005 molestation trial in Santa Maria she would spend a lot of time with the performer, arriving at 3 a.m. to help him get ready, and felt it was not appropriate to confront him about his misuse of prescription drugs.

“I was a place of safety for him, and peace,” Faye said. “And I didn’t want to bring up the allegations in my time with him. I wanted that to be a really safe place.”

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson | 1958-2009

Faye said it was her duty as Jackson’s longtime friend to keep him calm before he had to go to court.

“And no matter what he was doing, I could never blame him for that because of the pain,” Faye said, referring to the singer’s psychological pain over the charges as well as his physical pain from suffering injuries from a fire and a fall during a performance.

The makeup artist said she never saw Jackson use drugs and that there was only one instance when the singer asked her if she had painkillers.

Faye said she did request prescriptions in her name for Latisse, which is used to lengthen eyelashes, and the hair-growth drug Propecia so that she could give them to Jackson. She also inquired about Botox as a way to remedy Jackson’s onstage sweat that often caused problems with his hair extensions, but said she ultimately did not get that drug.

Since being hired to do Jackson's hair and makeup for his “Thriller” album cover, Faye said she worked with the pop star for nearly three decades, helping ready the star when he taped the 1993 statement about his decision to enter rehab following the Dangerous World Tour.

An audio recording of that announcement was played in court:

My friends and doctors advised me to seek professional guidance immediately in order to eliminate what has become an addiction" Jackson said. "It is time for me to acknowledge my need for treatment in order to regain my health. I realize that completing the tour is no longer possible and I must cancel the remaining dates. I know I can overcome the problem and will be stronger from the experience.”

Now at the close of its second week, the civil trial pits AEG against Jackson’s mother and three children, who accuse the concert promoter of negligently hiring and controlling Conrad Murray. The doctor administered a fatal dose of propofol to Jackson in 2009 and is now serving jail time for involuntary manslaughter.

Jackson’s mother, Katherine Jackson, who has been steadily attending the trial, was absent Friday.

Faye said she sometimes spoke about Jackson’s addiction with his siblings, Rebbie, Randy and LaToya. It was her understanding, she said, that the family had attempted additional interventions with Jackson that were unsuccessful.

The makeup artist said she parted ways with Jackson during the HIStory World Tour due to problems with the tour manager as well as with Debbie Rowe, Jackson’s wife at the time.

“[Debbie] told me that she was jealous of me being there as Michael’s makeup artist,” Faye said. “She thought that Michael liked me better than her.”

After a few years, Faye said she returned to working with Jackson and that Rowe apologized.

Hired for Jackson’s comeback concert series “This Is It,” Faye said she was worried about the singer’s frail body and alerted his manager Frank DiLeo.

“[Frank] was saying pretty much, 'I got it under control, don’t worry about it,’” Faye said.

“I said, 'But he’s losing weight rapidly.' … I said, 'Why don’t you ask [costume designer] Michael Bush to verify taking in his pants and how much weight he’s actually losing?’”

Traduzione:

Testimonianza di Jackson: risposta alla salute fu 'Lui ottenere un secchio di pollo'

Truccatrice di Michael Jackson ha testimoniato il venerdì che, sebbene il cantante una volta lei ha chiesto se aveva antidolorifici, ha mai affrontato l'argomento della sua dipendenza con lui.
    Karen Faye ha detto che durante la molestia 2005 Jackson trial in Santa Maria lei vuoi spendere un sacco di tempo con il performer, arrivando a 3 per aiutarlo a ottenere pronto, e si sentiva non era appropriato per confrontarsi con lui sul suo abuso di farmaci da prescrizione.

"Sono stato un luogo sicuro per lui e la pace", ha detto Faye. "E non ho voglia di far apparire le affermazioni nel mio tempo con lui. Volevo che per essere un luogo davvero sicuro."
    Faye ha detto che era suo dovere come amico di Jackson per tenerlo calmo prima ha dovuto andare in tribunale.

"E non importa che cosa stava facendo, io non potrei mai lo biasimo per quello a causa del dolore," Faye detto, riferendosi al dolore psicologico del cantante sopra le accuse, come pure il suo dolore fisico da subire lesioni da un incendio e una caduta durante una performance.

La truccatrice ha detto che lei mai visto Jackson utilizzare farmaci e che non c'era una sola istanza, quando la cantante aveva chiesto se aveva gli antidolorifici.

Faye ha detto che lei ha fatto richiesta di prescrizioni in suo nome per Latisse, che viene utilizzato per allungare le ciglia e la droga la crescita dei capelli Propecia così che lei poteva dare loro a Jackson. Ha anche chiesto di Botox come un modo per porre rimedio a sudore sul palco di Jackson che spesso ha causato problemi con le sue estensioni dei capelli, ma ha detto che lei in definitiva non ha ottenuto quel farmaco.

Dopo essere stato assunto per fare i capelli di Jackson e trucco per la copertina dell'album "Thriller", Faye ha detto che ha lavorato con la pop star per quasi tre decenni, pronti per aiutare la stella quando ha registrato la dichiarazione 1993 circa la sua decisione di entrare in rehab dopo il Dangerous World Tour.

Una registrazione audio di quell'annuncio è stata giocata in tribunale:

"Miei amici e i medici mi ha consigliato di cercare immediatamente un orientamento professionale al fine di eliminare ciò che è diventata una dipendenza", ha detto Jackson. "È tempo per me di riconoscere il mio bisogno di trattamento al fine di ritrovare la mia salute. Mi rendo conto che completato il tour non è più possibile e devo cancellare le rimanenti date. So che può superare il problema e sarà più forte dall'esperienza."

Ora alla fine della sua seconda settimana, il processo civile contrappone AEG di Jackson madre e tre figli, che accusano il promotore di concerto per negligenza assunzione e controllo Conrad Murray. Il medico somministrato una dose fatale di propofol a Jackson nel 2009 e ora sta scontando il carcere per omicidio involontario.

Madre di Jackson, Katherine Jackson, che ha costantemente partecipato al trial, era assente il venerdì.

Faye ha detto che ha parlato a volte sulla dipendenza di Jackson con i suoi fratelli e sorelle, Rebbie, Randy e LaToya. Era sua comprensione, ha detto, che la famiglia aveva tentato ulteriori interventi con Jackson che erano infruttuosi.

La truccatrice ha detto che lei separammo con Jackson durante l'HIStory World Tour a causa di problemi con il tour manager nonché con Debbie Rowe, moglie di Jackson al momento.

"[Debbie] mi ha detto che lei era gelosa di me essere lì come truccatrice di Michael," ha detto Faye. "Lei pensa che Michael mi piaceva meglio di lei".

Dopo pochi anni, Faye ha detto tornò a lavorare con Jackson e che si è scusato Rowe.

Assunto per la serie di concerti di ritorno di Jackson "This Is It", Faye ha detto che era preoccupata per il fragile corpo del cantante e ha avvisato il suo manager Frank DiLeo.

"[Frank] diceva praticamente, 'ho preso sotto controllo, non ti preoccupare'", ha detto Faye.

"Ho detto, 'ma sta perdendo peso velocemente'.... Ho detto: ' perché non chiedete [costumista] Michael Bush per verificare prendendo in pantaloni e quanto peso in realtà sta perdendo?'"

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-l...,0,803748.story

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8187 views