The State of The Estate: An Article on the Mismanagement of Michael Jackson’s Memory

« Older   Newer »

1.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

The State of The Estate:

An Article on the Mismanagement of

Michael Jackson’s Memory

24 Friday Apr 2015
    Posted by Syl Mortilla

I don’t want an Estate of Michael Jackson intent solely on the rapacious reaping of profit as rapidly as possible, inherently dismissive of the integrity of Michael Jackson’s artistic or personal reputation.

I don’t want an Estate of Michael Jackson whose business strategy acknowledges no shame in its employment of a vocal imposter out of desperation for financial gain upon discovering a dearth of profitable music for posthumous release.

I don’t want an Estate of Michael Jackson that entertains the idea of using an insentient hologram of Michael Jackson to sate its greed. I don’t want an Estate of Michael Jackson that somehow manages to further denigrate such a soulless idea by utilising the services of an impersonator to create said hologram.

I don’t want an Estate of Michael Jackson ran by a man simultaneously representing both Michael Jackson’s family’s half-share in the Sony/ATV catalogue, as well as the owner of the other half. I don’t want an Estate of Michael Jackson ran by a man Michael Jackson fired due to this conflict of interest, yet who subsequently became co-executor of a will somehow signed by Michael Jackson in a place he was provably thousands of miles away from at the time.

I don’t want an Estate of Michael Jackson that supports the production, glorification and promotion of a posthumous movie assembled out of footage of an irrefutably frail and confused man in the final days of his life.

I want an Estate of Michael Jackson that proudly celebrates Michael Jackson’s role in galvanising the righteous protestors of Ferguson.

I want an Estate of Michael Jackson disinclined to portray Michael Jackson as nothing more than a Disney character. I want an Estate of Michael Jackson that acknowledges the complexity of Michael Jackson. I want an Estate of Michael Jackson that remembers Michael Jackson made videos in which he chose to be depicted as being incarcerated behind Nazi razor wire.

I want an Estate of Michael Jackson that supports Michael Jackson’s mother and children in their attempts to garner compensation and the truth from AEG.

I want an Estate of Michael Jackson that could easily afford to honour Michael Jackson’s bequeathing of millions of dollars to charitable organisations, had it not incurred a billion-dollar tax penalty due to its valuing Michael Jackson’s share of the Sony/ATV catalogue at $0.

I want an Estate of Michael Jackson that will engage with Tom Mesereau as part of its defence of Michael Jackson against ongoing extortion attempts.

I want an Estate of Michael Jackson that will fight for Michael Jackson’s personal integrity, rather than settle out of court due to its ethos of putting profit before principle.

The First Book of Michael by Syl Mortilla, available in paperback and on Kindle at http://amzn.to/1GycUw1 and for all other eBook devices at www.smashwords.com/books/view/511371

http://sylmortilla.com/2015/04/24/the-state-of-the-estate/

traduzione

#entry573134113

0 replies since 27/4/2015, 22:26   36 views