Michael Jackson: His Son Speaks Out

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson: His Son Speaks Out

Wednesday, June 25 marked the five-year anniversary of the death of the global superstar, Michael Jackson. Fans still remember him as a musician who changed the world through his many talents, hit songs and long-replicated dance moves. They greatly mourn for the loss, but no one knows that pain more than the three young children he left behind in June of 2009. His oldest son, Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr.; better known as Prince Michael Jackson I, gave a candid and rare interview to the New York Daily News, sharing memories of the man that the world saw as a global icon. However, Prince simply remembers him as being nothing more than his dad.

“It’s tough,” he said of the anniversary of Jackson’s death. “He was the best father that anybody could have. There is nothing anyone can do to make us forget about him.”

The “us” he is referring to is himself, his sister Paris (now 16) and his younger half-brother, Blanket (born Prince Michael Jackson II, now 12). Their father was notorious for keeping them shaded from the public eye, sometimes literally. They would often be seen wearing masks over their faces whenever they were out in public with him.

“He raised us the right way,” Prince noted.

No doubt that Michael also taught them not to give too much insight on the personal worlds of their relatives. When asked about his sister Paris, who had a suicide attempt over a year ago, the young man coolly responded, “We are all doing alright. Thanks for asking.”

While in the middle of rehearsals for what his be his final tour, Michael jacksonJackson passed away unexpectedly at the age of 50. Prince recalled the excitement his father shared about the upcoming performances and exploring London, where the This Is It shows were set to take place, saying that Jackson was “looking forward to showing us around.”

Out of the three children, he seems to be the one whom most wants to follow in his famous father’s footsteps. In 2013, he landed a role in the series finale of 90210 (he called the acting spot, “a very good learning experience”) and was a special guest correspondent for Entertainment Tonight. However, his future hopes for the entertainment industry seem to place him behind the camera.

“I want to learn my craft and experience being in TV shows and possibly movies,” he explained. “I would like to be a director someday. But [in order] to be a good director, you have to know how an actor works and feels on set.”

Considering the legendary name attached to him, one would believe that Prince could simply walk up to anyone in the entertainment industry and get a job. However, they would be wrong. The young man hopes that his talent will prevail as opposed to his connections.

“I don’t expect to just walk into jobs because of who I am,” he insists.

His aim may be high-reaching, but he finds the time to take it easy and be a teenager. According to him, he likes to relax at the gym and has been training in different fields of martial arts, such as Muay-Thai and Jiu-Jitsu. He also has a girlfriend named Nikita Bess. Overall, Prince is normal 17-year-old boy that happens to come from a long-standing legacy.

By Jonathan Brown

0 replies since 27/6/2014, 17:07   55 views