Group
    Administrator

Status

Home: An Article on Relinquishing

Michael Jackson’s Neverland

Sunday
    Aug 2014

Posted by sylmortilla
    When I was a little boy, I used to imagine that, living in the attic, was one example of every animal that existed on Earth. And on weekday mornings, I would venture up to the attic with the sole purpose of choosing and retrieving an animal to accompany me to school for the day. Typically, I opted for either a tiger, a chimpanzee or an elephant. When I got home, I would return the animal to its menagerie of friends. Said attic was in my childhood home – the place where I spent the most formative fifteen years of my life. To this day, my sleeping dreams – regardless of the context – are most often played out within the walls of that house.

Michael Jackson bought Neverland in 1988, aged thirty years old. He would inhabit it for fifteen years. During which time, it would serve as both his utopia and refuge. It was a place nothing short of outrageous in its pure expression of self and freedom. Truly, Neverland was Michael Jackson’s soul made manifest. Michael was ultimately wrenched from his spiritual home as a result of following advice from a legal team distinctly aware of the ruthlessness of Tom Sneddon, a man with an insatiable and psychotic vendetta.

Each concert of the Bad Tour of 1988-89 ended with the words, “Make that change.” In 1989, Michael released the Leave Me Alone video, in which he exorcised himself of the materialistic attitude that encapsulated the 1980s (much to his artistic detriment, according to the music critics). Following on from the phenomenon that was the Bad project – in particular, Man In The Mirror – Michael attempted to specifically focus his life and career on humanitarian efforts. Neverland was a custom-made physical construct of this. Michael’s exploitation of the rampant capitalism that defined the eighties made the development of Neverland a fiscal possibility – but once this had been accomplished, Michael transformed his home into something of substance and importance. He elevated Neverland into “a place called Hallowed Ground” – Michael wrote Speechless whilst watching children play there.

Neverland was an oasis of innocence. Like the protagonist in Salvador Dali’s painting “Female Figure with Head of Flowers”, Neverland shone as a beacon of beauty in an otherwise-arid landscape bedevilled by searching, solitude, regret and servitude: both metaphorically-speaking, and physically. The racketeering attempt of 2005 struck at the very core of his philosophy; his mission; his heart. It tore off the flowers and trampled them into the oblivion of the surrounding dust.

The bustling laughter of children gives any place an inherent sense of unbridled joy. The playground that was Neverland became ghostly silent in its grief for those children who fell victim to the demonic personalities infected by “the same disease of lust, gluttony and greed”. The actions of an evilly envious few, hell-bent on monetary gain, were the ones that raped children. Not Michael Jackson. There is a still from the Martin Bashir interview, when Michael and Gavin Arvizo are holding hands, in which Gavin’s head is nonchalantly rested upon Michael’s shoulder. There also exists a more famous, more greatly media-distributed adaptation of this still, in which Gavin’s facial expression is pixelated, and Michael’s face – very obviously and unarguably, when the stills are placed side-by-side – has been digitally manipulated to look sinister. For photoshopped posterity.

Last week, I watched my two young daughters run around the park. They approached people without prejudice, their imploring eyes craving the sating of a question on their minds: “Why is your baby crying?” or “Can you ride a bicycle, too?” They are an unrivalled joy to observe. Yet, there was something in their demeanour that reminded me of the horrors I used to witness on the streets of the Kenyan capital of Nairobi. The thirst for knowledge that I recognised in my children’s faces caused me to recall the look in the eyes of Kenyan children of a similar age – four or five – who pleaded for money from passing strangers: money that would be spent on the drugs to which they had become addicted; drugs that helped them escape the reality of their pitiful lives.

I recently happened upon an interview with Zac Efron. As one does. In it, Zac describes – as a fortuitous consequence of working with Kenny Ortega on the High School Musical movie franchise – how he was given a phone, on which Michael was on the other end. Zac Efron is a lifelong fan of Michael’s, and the unexpected occurrence that was him being on the phone to his idol, resulted in Zac breaking down in uncontrollable tears. Unable to compose himself, Zac handed the phone back to Kenny Ortega, who ended the call. Michael then phoned again and specifically asked to speak to the actor. Michael was also now crying. Through the mutual sobs, Michael managed to utter the words, “See? Dreams do come true.” I believe that Michael was weeping in the piqued hope of believing his own dreams would one day come to fruition; that all his efforts in forging a cultural foundation upon a belief in the wisdom of childhood would one day be realised: that all the sacrifice will have been worth it. After all – and with total respect to the likeable man – I doubt Michael Jackson was plaintive at the realisation of a dream coming true that involved talking to Zac Efron on the phone.

The Estate of Michael Jackson’s belief-defying, inherently inexcusable willingness to allow the sale of Neverland – the physical construct, remember, that inimitably expresses Michael’s soul – must surely provide the Michael Jackson fan community with a cause for unanimous agreement. The sale of Neverland is irrefutably – even to the most die-hard of Estate supporters – glaringly wrong. The preparations for This Is It (a tour Michael was forced to agree to for financial reasons, though at the same time persevering to earnestly dismiss the idea of selling Neverland – or his unpublished music, for that matter) led to his death. The close-up photograph of Michael’s face taken during the They Don’t Care About Us rehearsals – clearly portraying the face of an agonised human being (yet used to promote the movie’s release, with it ‘being proof’ that Michael was ‘in shape’) – has since been copyrighted – hence, limiting its distribution. ‘This Is It’ was an empty hearse. ‘This Is It’ was an international snuff movie that raked in the dollars

And the last thing organised racists would do after carrying out a lynching? Seize the property of the lynched.

Enough of the rock-throwing, however. Confucius philosophised that, at the point where one faction of a battle appears to be in control, the wisest thing to do is allow the opposition to retreat across their bridge, thus allowing them an opportunity to reconsider their perspective. The Estate-supporting sector of the Michael Jackson fan community have arrived at such a juncture.

In 2003, Michael said, “”I wanted to have a place where I could create everything I never had as a child… I love it. And I will always love it. And I will never, ever sell Neverland. Neverland is me… You know? It represents the totality of who I am. It really does… I love Neverland.” In 2012, a legal spokesperson for Katherine Jackson said, “It is the wish of the beneficiaries that Neverland be kept in the family, and Michael’s children one day decide what to do with their home.” In 2013, Paris Jackson spoke about her wish to return and resurrect her childhood home, Neverland. In four short years, Prince Jackson will gain personal control of his inherited share of his father’s multi-millions. Why can’t the lawyers at the helm of the Estate of Michael Jackson fund the uniquely precious preservation of his historically-significant childhood home until then? The place where Michael’s children grew up not having to imagine retrieving an animal from their attic, as those very real animals lived in their garden? Animals that lived there because Michael Jackson so clearly and inherently understood the idiosyncratic yearnings of youth.

The unparalleled talent and genius of Michael Jackson almost becomes redundant in the face of what he tried to utilise the resulting fame for – an attempt at a legacy that makes the world a better place, beginning with a universal reverence for childhood. Neverland encapsulated this. There is all-round uproar in the Michael Jackson fan community: millions of individuals voicing their incredulity at the idea of Neverland being sold.

So – what to do? I have encountered the inspired idea of using Twitter to encourage those with the means and motive to engage with the cause. The individuals that immediately spring to mind are @JanetJackson and @LisaPresley. It may very well appear to be a naïve approach to some, but we must have faith in our strength in numbers. Besides, naivety, in itself, was such a powerful and defining character trait of our hero. And there is such minimal effort expended in the sending of a tweet.

I am a great believer in hope. I am a great believer in home.

It is where I go in my dreams.

Casa: un articolo concernente la cessione di Michael Jackson Neverland
    Domenica
    Agosto 2014
    Pubblicato da sylmortilla in Uncategorized ≈ 1 Commento
    Quando ero un ragazzino, ho usato per immaginare che, vivendo in soffitta, era un esempio di ogni animale che esisteva sulla Terra. E nelle mattine nei giorni feriali, mi permetto in soffitta con l'unico scopo di scegliere e di recupero di un animale di accompagnarmi a scuola per la giornata. In genere, ho optato per entrambi una tigre, uno scimpanzé o un elefante. Quando tornai a casa, vorrei tornare l'animale verso il serraglio di amici. Detto soffitta era nella casa della mia infanzia - il luogo dove ho trascorso i più formativi quindici anni della mia vita. A questo giorno, i miei sogni letto - a prescindere dal contesto - sono più spesso giocate fuori tra le mura di quella casa.

Michael Jackson ha acquistato Neverland nel 1988, all'età di 30 anni di età. Avrebbe abitarla per quindici anni. Durante i quali, servirebbe come sia la sua utopia e rifugio. Era un luogo a dir poco scandaloso nella sua pura espressione di sé e della libertà. In verità, Neverland era l'anima di Michael Jackson resa manifesta. Michael è stato infine strappato dalla sua casa spirituale come risultato di seguire consigli da un team legale nettamente consapevoli della spietatezza di Tom Sneddon, un uomo con una vendetta insaziabile e psicotico.

Ogni concerto del Bad Tour del 1988-1989 si è conclusa con le parole: "Fate che il cambiamento". Nel 1989, Michael ha rilasciato il video di Leave Me Alone in cui egli stesso esorcizzato l'atteggiamento materialistico che incapsulato 1980 (con suo artistica scapito, secondo i critici musicali). Sulla scia del fenomeno che è stato il Bad progetto - in particolare, Man In The Mirror - Michael cercò di concentrarsi in modo specifico la sua vita e la sua carriera sugli sforzi umanitari. Neverland era un costrutto fisica misura di questo. Sfruttamento di Michael del capitalismo rampante che ha definito gli anni Ottanta ha fatto lo sviluppo di Neverland una possibilità fiscale - ma una volta che questo era stato compiuto, Michael ha trasformato la sua casa in qualcosa di sostanza e importanza. Ha elevato Neverland in "un luogo chiamato Hallowed terra" - Michael ha scritto Speechless, mentre guardando i bambini giocare lì.

Neverland era un'oasi di innocenza. Come il protagonista della pittura "Donna con testa di fiori" di Salvador Dalì, Neverland brillava come un faro di bellezza in un paesaggio altrimenti arido tormentato con la ricerca, la solitudine, il rimpianto e la servitù: sia metaforicamente lingua, e fisicamente. Il tentativo racket del 2005 colpì il cuore della sua filosofia; la sua missione; il suo cuore. Si strappò i fiori e li calpestò nell'oblio della polvere circostante.

La vivace risate dei bambini dà alcun luogo un innato senso di gioia sfrenata. Il parco giochi che era Neverland diventa spettrale silenzio nel suo dolore per quei bambini che sono caduti vittima delle personalità demoniache infettati da "la stessa malattia della lussuria, gola e avidità". Le azioni di un malignamente invidioso pochi, decisa a guadagno monetario, erano quelli che violentate i bambini. Non è Michael Jackson. C'è un ancora dall'intervista Martin Bashir, quando Michael e Gavin Arvizo si tengono per mano, in cui la testa di Gavin è appoggiato con noncuranza sulla spalla di Michael. Esiste anche una più famoso, l'adattamento più grande media-distribuita di questo ancora, in cui l'espressione del viso di Gavin è pixel, e la faccia di Michael - molto evidentemente e indiscutibilmente, quando gli alambicchi sono collocati fianco a fianco - è stato digitalmente manipolate per guardare sinistro. Per i posteri photoshopped.

La settimana scorsa, ho guardato le mie due figlie correre intorno al parco. Si avvicinarono persone senza pregiudizi, i loro occhi imploranti craving la saziare di una questione sulla loro mente: "Perché il bambino piange?" O "Si può andare in bicicletta, anche tu?" Sono una gioia senza eguali da osservare. Eppure, c'era qualcosa nel loro atteggiamento che mi ha ricordato gli orrori che ho usato per assistere le strade della capitale keniota di Nairobi. La sete di conoscenza che ho riconosciuto nel volto dei miei figli mi ha fatto ricordare lo sguardo negli occhi dei bambini kenioti della stessa età - quattro o cinque - che si è dichiarato per i soldi da stranieri di passaggio: il denaro che sarebbe speso per i farmaci a cui erano diventati dipendenti; farmaci che hanno contribuito a sfuggire la realtà delle loro vite miserabili.

Recentemente mi è capitato su un colloquio con Zac Efron. Come si fa. In esso, Zac descrive - in conseguenza fortuita di lavorare con Kenny Ortega High School Musical saga cinematografica - come è stato dato un telefono cellulare, sul quale Michael era dall'altra parte. Zac Efron è un fan tutta la vita di Michael, e l'imprevisto che è stato lui essendo al telefono con il suo idolo, ha provocato Zac abbattere in lacrime incontrollabili. Incapace di ricomporsi, Zac ha consegnato il telefono a Kenny Ortega, che ha chiuso la chiamata. Michael poi ha telefonato di nuovo e ha chiesto espressamente di parlare con l'attore. Michael è stato anche ora piangendo. Attraverso il reciproco singhiozzi, Michael riuscì a pronunciare le parole: "Vedi? . I sogni si avverano "Credo che Michael stava piangendo nella speranza suscitato di credere propri sogni un giorno sarebbe giunto a compimento; che tutti i suoi sforzi nel forgiare una fondazione culturale su una fede nella saggezza dell'infanzia sarebbero stati realizzati un giorno: che tutto il sacrificio sarà valsa la pena. Dopo tutto - e il totale rispetto per l'uomo simpatico - dubito che Michael Jackson era lamentoso alla realizzazione di un sogno che si avvera che ha coinvolto parlare con Zac Efron sul telefono.

La Tenuta di fede sfidano di Michael Jackson, la volontà intrinsecamente imperdonabile per consentire la vendita di Neverland - il costrutto fisico, ricordate, che esprime inimitabile l'anima di Michael - deve sicuramente fornire alla community di Michael Jackson con una causa per accordo unanime. La vendita di Neverland è inconfutabilmente - anche ai più accaniti sostenitori immobiliari - palesemente sbagliato. I preparativi per This Is It (un tour di Michael è stato costretto ad accettare per ragioni finanziarie, anche se allo stesso tempo perseverante di respingere seriamente l'idea di vendere Neverland - o la sua musica inedita, per questo) ha portato alla sua morte. La fotografia close-up del volto di Michael scattata durante il loro non importa chi siamo le prove - che raffigura chiaramente il volto di un essere agonizzante umano (ancora usata per promuovere l'uscita del film, con se 'una prova' che Michael era 'in forma ') - da allora è stato coperto da copyright - di conseguenza, limitando la sua distribuzione. 'This Is It' stato un carro funebre vuoto. 'This Is It' stato un film snuff internazionale che rastrellato in dollari

E l'ultima cosa razzisti organizzati farebbe dopo aver effettuato un linciaggio? Cogliere la proprietà del linciato.

Basta con il rock-lancio, però. Confucio filosofeggiava che, nel punto in cui una fazione di una battaglia sembra essere in controllo, la cosa più saggia da fare è permettere l'opposizione a ritirarsi in tutta la loro ponte, permettendo così loro l'opportunità di riconsiderare la loro prospettiva. Il settore Estate-portante della community di Michael Jackson sono arrivati ​​ad un tale frangente.

Nel 2003, Michael ha detto "," ho voluto avere un posto dove ho potuto creare tutto quello che non ho mai avuto da bambino ... mi piace. E sarò sempre amore. E non potrò mai, mai vendere Neverland. Neverland è me ... Sai? Esso rappresenta la totalità di ciò che sono. E 'davvero ... Io amo Neverland. "Nel 2012, un portavoce legale per Katherine Jackson ha detto:" E' il desiderio dei beneficiari che Neverland essere tenuto in famiglia, e figli di Michael uno giorno decidere cosa fare con la loro casa. " Nel 2013, Paris Jackson ha parlato del suo desiderio di tornare e resuscitare la sua casa d'infanzia, Neverland. In soli quattro anni, il principe Jackson otterrà il controllo personale della sua quota ereditaria di multi-milioni di suo padre. Perché non gli avvocati al timone della Estate of Michael Jackson finanziare l'unica preziosa conservazione del suo notevole importanza storica casa d'infanzia fino ad allora? Il luogo in cui i figli di Michael sono cresciuti non dover immaginare il recupero di un animale dalla loro soffitta, come quegli animali reali vivevano nel loro giardino? Gli animali che vivevano lì, perché Michael Jackson così chiaramente e intrinsecamente compreso gli aneliti idiosincratiche della gioventù.

Il talento senza pari e il genio di Michael Jackson diventa quasi superfluo di fronte a quello che ha cercato di utilizzare la fama risultante - un tentativo di un'eredità che rende il mondo un posto migliore, a partire da una venerazione universale per l'infanzia. Neverland incapsulato questo. C'è clamore a tutto tondo nella community di Michael Jackson: milioni di individui esprimono la loro incredulità all'idea di Neverland venduto.

Allora - cosa fare? Ho incontrato l'idea geniale di usare Twitter per incoraggiare quelli che hanno i mezzi e movente per impegnarsi con la causa. Gli individui che balzano subito alla mente sono @ JanetJackson e @ LisaPresley. Si può benissimo sembrare un approccio ingenuo per alcuni, ma dobbiamo avere fiducia nella nostra forza nei numeri. Inoltre, ingenuità, di per sé, è stato un potente e definizione tratto del carattere del nostro eroe. E non vi è tale minimo sforzo profuso in l'invio di un tweet.

Sono un grande credente nella speranza. Sono un grande credente in casa.

E 'dove vado nei miei sogni.

http://sylmortilla.com/

0 replies since 3/8/2014, 17:45   53 views