Michael Jackson's mother won't get new trial

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson's mother won't get new trial

A Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled Wednesday that Katherine Jackson will not get a new trial in her negligence case against concert promoters AEG Live, whom she alleges are financially liable for the 2009 death of her son, pop superstar Michael Jackson.

A jury in October rejected Jackson's claims that AEG Live negligently hired the doctor convicted of giving her son an overdose of anesthetic in 2009.

Jackson sued AEG Live on behalf of herself and her three grandchildren, accusing the concert promoter of hiring Dr. Conrad Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011 and released from prison in October.

Jackson testified that AEG Live never told her family that her son was sleep-deprived for 60 days, was paranoid, losing weight and deteriorating before everyone's eyes. Jackson died shortly before his comeback tour in London was scheduled to begin.

Jurors heard more than five months of evidence in the trial. Throughout the case, AEG Live maintained that there was no way executives could have known that Murray was giving Jackson the anesthetic propofol in the bedroom of his rented mansion. Jurors said later that they found Murray was "fit and competent" to be Jackson's doctor but that doesn't mean they thought his actions were ethical.

In their request for a new trial, Jackson's lawyers argued the jury instructions and verdict form were flawed and didn't allow jurors to fully consider evidence in the case. But lawyers for AEG Live told the judge during a two-hour hearing that it was actually Jackson's lawyers who included the disputed language in drafts of the verdict form and instructions.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos agreed with the concert promoters. Jackson is expected to appeal her case to the California's 2nd District Court of Appeal.

TRADUZIONE:

Per la Madre di Michael Jackson non sarà possibile ottenere il nuovo processo

Una corte superiore di Los Angeles giudice stabilito mercoledì che Katherine Jackson non sarà possibile ottenere un nuovo processo nel suo caso di negligenza contro i promotori del concerto AEG Live, in cui lei sostiene che sono finanziariamente responsabili per il 2009 la morte di suo figlio, pop superstar Michael Jackson.

Una giuria nel mese di ottobre ha rifiutato di Jackson sostiene che per negligenza AEG Live assunto il medico condannato per dare a suo figlio una overdose di anestetico nel 2009.

Jackson ha citato AEG Live per conto di se stessa e i suoi tre nipoti, accusando il promotore di concerto di assumere il dottor Conrad Murray, che è stato condannato per omicidio involontario nel 2011 e uscito dal carcere nel mese di ottobre.

Jackson ha testimoniato che AEG Live mai detto alla sua famiglia che suo figlio era privati del sonno per 60 giorni, era paranoico, perdita di peso e di deterioramento prima gli occhi di tutti. Jackson è morto poco prima il suo tour di ritorno a Londra doveva cominciare.

I giurati sentito più di cinque mesi di prove nel processo. In tutto il caso, AEG Live mantenuto che non c'era che nessun dirigenti modo potevano sapere che Murray stava dando Jackson l'anestetico propofol in camera da letto della sua Villa. I giurati disse più tardi che hanno trovato Murray era "fit e competente" essere medico di Jackson ma questo non significa che pensavano che le sue azioni sono stati etici.

Nella richiesta di un nuovo processo, gli avvocati di Jackson ha sostenuto le istruzioni della giuria e forma verdetto erano difettosi e non permettono i giurati a considerare pienamente prova nel caso. Ma gli avvocati di AEG Live ha detto il giudice durante un'udienza di due ore che era in realtà gli avvocati di Jackson che comprendeva la lingua disputata nelle bozze del verdetto modulo e istruzioni.

Giudice di corte superiore di Los Angeles Yvette Palazuelos concordato con i promotori del concerto. Jackson dovrebbe fare appello il suo caso per 2 ° distretto di Corte d'appello la California.

http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment/micha...rial-2D11879270

0 replies since 8/1/2014, 21:09   44 views