Jackson case resurfaces

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Jackson case resurfaces

King of pop's mother seeks new trial

LOS ANGELES — Katherine Jackson is heading back to court Friday to ask a judge for a new trial in the family’s wrongful-death case against AEG Live, which previously ended with jurors finding the concert promoter not liable for her son Michael Jackson’s overdose death.

Her motion came after four jurors gave sworn statements that they found the verdict form confusing.

The 12 jurors had to answer yes to five questions to find AEG liable.

Jurors agreed that AEG Live had hired Dr. Conrad Murray, who administered the fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to Jackson.

But they rejected the second question, which asked whether Murray was unfit or incompetent, ending deliberations.

The Jacksons’ attorneys argue that the verdict form only allowed jurors to focus on Murray’s fitness when he was hired, not “during the course of the relationship” with the pop star.

“There is no question in my mind that AEG Live was liable,” one juror said in a declaration filed with the motion.

Another juror said, “I believed that Mrs. Jackson had proved her case against AEG Live. Despite this fact, I had no way of voting in favor of the plaintiffs because of the way the verdict form was worded.”

After the verdict, the jury foreman told reporters that panel members were somewhat confused by the question about Murray’s competence but understood its ramifications.

“We felt he was competent,” Gregg Barden said.

“That doesn’t mean we felt he was ethical. If ethical was in the question, it might have been a different outcome,” the foreman said.

In a statement to the Los Angeles Times after the motion was filed last month, AEG attorney Marvin Putnam called it “an act of pure desperation.”

“Katherine Jackson just can’t accept that her son is gone and that there is no one left that she can blame, well, aside from Dr. Murray, obviously,” Putnam said. “The evidence at trial and the verdict told her just that.”

TRADUZIONE:

Caso Jackson riemerge

Re di madre pop cerca nuovo processo

LOS ANGELES — Katherine Jackson è tornare per venerdì per chiedere un nuovo processo in caso di morte ingiusta di famiglia contro l'AEG Live, un giudice della Corte che in precedenza si è conclusa con i giurati trovando il concerto promotore non è responsabile per il figlio morte di Michael Jackson sovradosaggio.

Suo movimento è venuto dopo quattro giurati ha dato dichiarazioni giurate che hanno trovato la forma del verdetto di confusione.

I 12 giurati dovevano rispondere sì alle cinque domande per trovare AEG responsabile.

I giurati hanno concordato che la AEG Live ha assunto il dottor Conrad Murray, che ha amministrato la dose fatale dell'anestetico propofol a Jackson.

Ma ha respinto la seconda domanda, che ha chiesto se Murray era inadatto o incompetente, terminando deliberazioni.

Avvocati il Jacksons' sostengono che la forma del verdetto consentito solo i giurati di concentrarsi sull'idoneità di Murray, quando fu ingaggiato, non "nel corso del rapporto" con la pop star.

"Non c'è dubbio nella mia mente che AEG Live era responsabile," un giurato ha detto in una dichiarazione depositata con il movimento.

Un altro giurato ha detto, "Credevo che la signora Jackson aveva dimostrato il suo caso contro AEG Live. Nonostante questo fatto, io non aveva modo di votare a favore della parte attrice a causa del modo che forma verdetto era formulata."

Dopo il verdetto, il caposquadra giuria ha detto ai giornalisti che pannello membri erano un po ' confuso dalla questione sulla competenza di Murray, ma capito le sue ramificazioni.

"Ci siamo sentiti che era competente," ha detto Gregg Barden.

"Questo non significa che abbiamo sentito che è stato etico. Se etico era in questione, potrebbe essere stato un esito diverso, "ha detto il caporeparto.

In una dichiarazione al Los Angeles Times dopo la mozione è stata presentata il mese scorso, avvocato AEG Marvin Putnam chiama "un atto di pura disperazione."

"Katherine Jackson semplicemente non possono accettare che suo figlio è andato e che non c'è che nessuno a sinistra che lei può biasimare, Beh, a parte il dottor Murray," ovviamente, Putnam detto. "Le prove a cronometro e il verdetto le disse solo quello."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2014/jan/0...ase-resurfaces/

0 replies since 4/1/2014, 06:20   53 views