Lawyer for Conrad Murray gets death threats from Michael Jackson fans

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Lawyer for Conrad Murray gets death threats from Michael Jackson fans

An attorney for Michael Jackson's physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, said she has received death threats from some fans of the late pop star.

“I was trying to educate that fan, not mock her, about the difference between murder and manslaughter,” Wass said.

Murray was convicted by a jury of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's 2009 death from an overdose of propofol, a powerful anesthetic.

The writer wished Wass luck, claiming she would need it.

“If you think MJ fans are insignificant….. you are dead wrong, dead wrong,” another email provided by Wass stated.

Wass said she alerted the FBI on Monday to the threats against her and Murray. The FBI would not confirm or deny its investigation in the case.

Wass said she, too, is a Jackson fan and said she knows the threats are coming from only a very small portion of his fan base.

Michael Jackson died June 25, 2009, from an overdose of the anesthetic administered by Murray.

Murray served nearly two years of the maximum four-year jail term he received. Under state sentencing laws, most inmates can receive a day of credit for every day spent behind bars in addition to other credits standard for county inmates, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
    Wass is representing Murray as he challenges his conviction and tries to have the verdict overturned.

As of now, Murray resides in a remote and undisclosed location, Wass said, adding that she is being careful because of the threats.

“It’s getting a bit beyond a comfort level, so to speak. I don’t say where I am, or what I’m doing,” Wass said. “Michael Jackson was a man of peace and nonviolence, and this isn’t honoring his legacy.”

TRADUZIONE:

Avvocato per Conrad Murray ottiene le minacce di morte da Michael Jackson fan

Un avvocato per il medico di Michael Jackson, il dottor Conrad Murray, ha detto che lei ha ricevuto minacce di morte da alcuni fan della pop star tardo.

"Stavo cercando di educare quel ventilatore, non deridere lei, sulla differenza tra omicidio e omicidio colposo," ha detto Wass.

Murray è stato condannato da una giuria preterintenzionale nel 2009 morte Jackson da un'overdose di propofol, un potente anestetico.

Lo scrittore ha voluto fortuna Wass, sostenendo che essa avrebbe bisogno.

"Se pensi che i fan MJ sono insignificanti... Sei morto a torto, torto marcio,"ha dichiarato un altro indirizzo email fornito da Wass.

WASS ha detto che ha avvertito il FBI lunedì alle minacce contro di lei e Murray. il FBI non confermare o negare la sua indagine nel caso.

WASS ha detto lei, troppo, è un fan di Jackson e ha detto che lei conosce che le minacce sono provenienti da solo una piccolissima porzione della sua base di fan.

Michael Jackson è morto 25 giugno 2009, da un'overdose di anestetico somministrato da Murray.

Murray ha servito quasi due anni del termine massimo quattro anni di carcere che ha ricevuto. Sotto le leggi di condanna dello stato, la maggior parte dei detenuti possono ricevere un giorno del credito per ogni giorno trascorso dietro le sbarre, oltre ad altri crediti standard per gli interni della contea, secondo il Los Angeles dipartimento dello sceriffo County.

WASS rappresenta Murray come si sfida la sua convinzione e cerca di avere il verdetto rovesciato.

A partire da ora, Murray risiede in un luogo remoto e nascosto, Wass ha detto, aggiungendo che lei è facendo attenzione a causa delle minacce.

"È sempre un po' di là di un livello di comfort, per intenderci. Non dico dove mi trovo, o quello che sto facendo,"ha detto Wass. "Michael Jackson era un uomo della pace e della nonviolenza, e questo non è onorare la sua eredità".

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-l...y#axzz2jyATgrrG

0 replies since 7/11/2013, 15:24   45 views