Group
    Administrator

Status

mqdefault

A Truth Untold

Wednesday
    Oct 2013

Posted by sylmortilla

By now, you’ve probably already seen the YouTube video that illuminates the mystery of the A Truth Untold website I mentioned a few weeks ago . Prior to the big reveal, I had been pondering what the project could be, even considering writing a blog on my speculations. The title had suggested it regarded some kind of controversy, the question – considering the myriad controversies that surround Michael – was, which one? Regardless, it sounded as if our services were once again to be required in the labour of love that is defending the legacy of our hero, Michael Jackson.

I mused that ‘the truth’ in question could have possibly concerned the hypocrisy the estate demonstrated in their pursuit of damages from a Japanese man, who had been using Michael’s image and likeness on items such as lighters and keyrings. (I’m assuming the estate must only be suing the man for $2,150 / £1,300 – a few tea-towels and fridge magnets worth – as this is what they themselves valued Michael’s image at in their tax return.) The Michael Jackson Estate – that law unto itself, that entity responsible for supporting legal action against fans, and seeking legal action against minor counterfeit retailers, but doing nothing whatsoever to stop Michael Bush forging a deceased Michael Jackson’s signature on hundreds of items meant for auction, went so far as to release a statement regarding the Japanese counterfeiter case. It read:

“Michael loved his millions of Japanese fans, all of whom deserve the opportunity to purchase legitimate and authentic Michael Jackson goods.”

Which leads us very nicely on to what A Truth Untold actually concerns. A Truth Untold is an ambitious, righteous and worthy enterprise expanding on the continued fight for the truth in what, I believe, has been the most significant estate-sponsored scandal to date; one that epitomises and encapsulates the estate in its current state of not being fit for purpose: the Cascio fiasco. I, for one, am proud, delighted, impressed and enthused by these bona fide fans – like dogs with bones – that stoically continue to press for justice on this all-important matter. They will never surrender.

Do not underestimate the gravity of this situation. The estate took you for fools in an effort to feed their greed. They had the audacity and mendacity to try and pass off an amateur white singer as a black man, one who some fans had been listening to, on a daily basis, for forty-five years. This was an act so offensive as to almost castrate my capacity for obloquy. Almost. There are some unscrupulous people – I refuse to call them fans – that prefer to sweep their care and principles regarding this matter under the carpet, or claim the relative irrelevance of the scandal in the grand scheme of things. I could not disagree with these people more. As Michael prophetically expressed in the rap borrowed from Biggie, “How can players stand there and say I sound like them, HELLO?!”

Michael Jackson fans have been forced to become activists for justice in the same way Nelson Mandela’s supporters had to – a comparison which in no way belittles Nelson Mandela’s battle. As Martin Luther King Jr, that other black luminary, once commanded, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” Indeed, many of Michael’s videos are imbued with an undercurrent of activism. Even Michael himself said, “My fans are activists, they will fight you to defend me.”

So. The ‘A Truth Untold’ project is a next step in the procession of the torchbearers of truth. It is a truth revealed. It is the commencement of an immense plan to elucidate the vulgarities of greed being undertaken by those supposedly looking out for our hero’s best interests.

It is, in fact, a truth told.

Stay tuned.

#ATruthUntold Flashback: The Controversy

A TruthUntold

Video

In November 2010 a song called 'Breaking News' was streamed online by Epic Records. The song caused an uproar of controversy, with questions being raised over the authenticity of the vocals. Was it really Michael Jackson singing? The Estate and Epic Records said yes, but the Jackson family and many of Michael's fans said no. Although the issue was not resolved, the song was officially released on the posthumous Michael Jackson album, 'Michael', in December 2010. Still to this day questions remain about the authenticity of 'Breaking News', as well as two other songs on the album; 'Keep Your Head Up' and 'Monster'. When will this mystery unfold? Find out more soon!
    traduzione google
    Nel novembre 2010 una canzone intitolata 'Breaking News' è stato trasmesso in streaming on-line da Epic Records. La canzone ha causato un putiferio di polemiche, con domande che sono sollevate sopra l'autenticità delle parti vocali. Era davvero Michael Jackson che canta? La tenuta e la Epic Records detto si, ma la famiglia Jackson e molti dei fan di Michael ha detto di no. Anche se il problema non è stato risolto, la canzone è stata rilasciata ufficialmente sul album postumo Michael Jackson, 'Michael', nel dicembre 2010. Ancora oggi domande rimangono circa l'autenticità di 'Breaking News', così come altre due canzoni dell'album, 'Keep Your Head Up' e 'Monster'. Quando sarà questo mistero dispiegarsi? Per saperne di più presto!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    TRADUZIONE GOOGLE

Una verità non detta

Mercoledì
    Ottobre 2013

A questo punto, probabilmente avete già visto il video di YouTube che illumina il mistero della verità non detta Un sito web che ho citato un paio di settimane fa . Prima della grande rivelazione, avevo riflettuto ciò che il progetto potrebbe essere, anche considerando scrivere un blog sulle mie speculazioni. Il titolo aveva suggerito lo considerava una sorta di polemica, la questione - considerando la miriade di polemiche che circondano Michael - era, quale? Indipendentemente da ciò, sembrava come se i nostri servizi sono stati ancora una volta ad essere richiesto nel lavoro d'amore che sta difendendo l'eredità del nostro eroe, Michael Jackson.

Pensai che 'la verita' in questione avrebbe potuto eventualmente interessato l'ipocrisia della tenuta dimostrata nella loro ricerca di danni da un giapponese, che ha sempre utilizzato l'immagine di Michael e somiglianza su oggetti come accendini e portachiavi. (Sto assumendo la proprietà deve essere citato in giudizio solo l'uomo per $ 2,150 / £ 1,300 - alcuni strofinacci e magneti frigo pena -. In quanto questo è ciò che essi stessi valutati immagine di Michael in nella loro dichiarazione dei redditi) La Michael Jackson Estate - che legge a se stessa, che entità responsabile sostenere l'azione legale contro i fan, e la ricerca di azioni legali contro i rivenditori contraffatti minori, ma facendo nulla per fermare Michael Bush forgiare la firma di un defunto Michael Jackson su centinaia di oggetti destinati all'asta, si spinse fino di rilasciare una dichiarazione per quanto riguarda il caso falsario giapponese. C'era scritto:

"Michael amava i suoi milioni di fan giapponesi, i quali meritano la possibilità di acquistare beni di Michael Jackson legittimi e autentici."

Il che ci porta molto bene a quello che una verità non detta effettivamente preoccupazioni. Una verità non detta è un ambizioso, impresa giusto e degno ampliando la lotta continua per la verità in quello che, a mio avviso, è stato il più significativo scandalo immobiliare sponsorizzato ad oggi, uno che incarna e incapsula l'immobile nel suo stato attuale di non essere adatto allo scopo: il fiasco Cascio. Io, per esempio, sono orgoglioso, felice, impressionato ed entusiasmato da questi tifosi in buona fede - come cani con le ossa - che stoicamente continuano a premere per la giustizia su questa materia tanto importante. Non saranno mai arrendersi.

Non sottovalutare la gravità di questa situazione. La tenuta si ha preso per stupidi, nel tentativo di alimentare la loro avidità. Hanno avuto l'audacia e la menzogna per cercare di passare per una cantante bianca amatoriale come un uomo nero, quello che alcuni fan erano state ascoltando, su base giornaliera, per 45 anni. Questo è stato un atto così offensiva da quasi castrare la mia capacità di calunnie. Quasi. Ci sono alcune persone senza scrupoli - mi rifiuto di chiamarli fan - che preferiscono spazzare la loro cura e principi riguardo a questa questione sotto il tappeto, o rivendicare la relativa irrilevanza dello scandalo nel grande schema delle cose. Non potevo non essere d'accordo con queste persone più. Come Michael profeticamente espresso nel rap preso in prestito da Biggie, "Come possono i giocatori di stare lì e dire che suona come loro, CIAO!"

Fans di Michael Jackson sono stati costretti a diventare attivisti per la giustizia nello stesso modo i sostenitori di Nelson Mandela hanno dovuto - un confronto che in nessun modo sminuisce battaglia di Nelson Mandela. Come Martin Luther King Jr, che altro luminare nero, una volta comandato, "L'ingiustizia in qualsiasi luogo è una minaccia alla giustizia ovunque". Infatti, molti di video di Michael sono impregnati con un sottofondo di attivismo. Anche Michael stesso ha detto: "I miei fan sono attivisti, combatteranno a difendermi."

Così. Il progetto 'Una verità non detta' è un passo successivo nella processione dei tedofori della verità. E 'una verità rivelata. E 'l'inizio di un vasto piano di chiarire le volgarità di avidità intraprese da chi presumibilmente guardando fuori per i migliori interessi del nostro eroe.

E ', infatti, una verità raccontata.

Restate sintonizzati.

Edited by ligary - 1/11/2013, 09:53

2.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

A Truth Untold
    by A Truth Untold, LLC

The exclusive and shocking true story surrounding the controversial release of the first posthumous Michael Jackson album.

Wanna Be Kickstartin' Something?

For the past three years we have been diligently researching the controversy that surrounded the first posthumous Michael Jackson album, Michael, released by Epic Records and The Estate of Michael Jackson in December 2010.

Our mission with the A Truth Untold Kickstarter campaign is to raise the funds required to complete the research and publish the extensive findings of the investigation as an exclusive tell-all book detailing the shocking true story of what really happened.

For those of you not familiar with the issue we've been investigating and writing about, in November 2010 a song called Breaking News was streamed on the Official Michael Jackson website, michaeljackson.com, by Epic Records (Sony Music).

The song caused an uproar of controversy among the Jackson family, The Estate, the record label, producers, musicians and Michael's fans, with questions being raised over the authenticity of the vocals. The question was: Is it really Michael Jackson singing? The Estate of Michael Jackson and Epic Records said yes, but the Jackson family and many of Michael's fans from all around the world said no!

Even though the questions hadn't subsided, the song was officially released on the posthumous Michael Jackson album titled Michael in December 2010. To this day, questions remain regarding the authenticity of the vocals on Breaking News, as well as two other songs on the album; Keep Your Head Up and Monster.

To put this into perspective: Michael Jackson is the most successful recording artist in the history of popular music. And although controversy constantly plagued his personal life for decades, one thing stood above it all - his artistry. Michael Jackson dedicated 40 years of his life to building an incomparable repertoire of pop perfection guaranteed to stand the test of time, bringing joy to generation upon generation. However, since being posthumously tampered with, it's that very legendary library of music that has now become the source of the controversy it was once immune to.

"Someone is hiding the truth. When will this mystery unfold?"

A successfully funded campaign will allow this mystery to unfold, and for the whole truth to finally be told. With three years of research already under our belt, we have laid the groundwork for a fascinating and shocking book thanks to the unprecedented access we've been given through dozens of interviews conducted. However, there are still missing pieces.

In order to thoroughly document the case in it's entirety as well as publish our book, we need support. That's where YOU come in! We ask that all of Michael Jackson's fans, music lovers and truth seekers join with us as we raise our voice in a quest for the truth, once and for all!

Your pledge is greatly appreciated and will play a vital role in making this campaign a success. We also need your help in spreading the message. Whether it's through blogs and social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or good old fashion word-of-mouth, we need your help in making sure the truth is heard loud and clear!

"There's nothing that can't be done, if we raise our voice as one. They gotta hear it from ME. They gotta hear if from YOU. They gotta hear it from US!"

---

Rewards

As with all Kickstarter campaigns, your generosity won't go unrewarded. Check out a comprehensive wrap up of what's being offered in return for your support!

$10 - Join the community

Thank you for supporting our quest for the truth. For just $10 you will become a valued part of the A TRUTH UNTOLD Kickstarter community. Here you'll gain access to the backers-only comment page on which you can communicate directly with others who have backed our project. You'll also be able to interact with the A TRUTH UNTOLD team and receive real-time updates delivered directly to your email inbox, keeping you in the loop regarding the campaign. If we are successfully funded you'll continue to receive updates as we endeavor to complete the research and bring the book to fruition.

$20 - Digital copy of the book

For $20 you'll receive a digital copy of the book. To show our appreciation for your generosity, you'll receive the book before anyone else, a full one month prior to its official retail release + all items featured in the previous tier.

$50 - Softcover copy of the book

For $50 you'll receive a softcover copy of the physical book. To show our appreciation for your generosity, you'll receive the book before anyone else, a full one month prior to its official retail release. You'll also receive an A TRUTH UNTOLD bookmark + all items featured in the previous tier.

$100 - Hardcover copy of the book (limited-edition)

For $100 you'll receive a LIMITED-EDITION hardcover copy of the physical book packed with exclusive, unreleased photos! Your copy of the book will be personally signed by the author. To show our appreciation for your generosity, you'll receive the book before anyone else, a full one month prior to its official retail release + all items featured in the previous tier, minus the soft cover copy as it's replaced by the signed hardcover. There are ONLY 250 AVAILABLE so get in quick!

Premium Reward

$900 - Once-in-a-lifetime studio experience

We are excited, honored and humbled to announce our Premium Reward to Michael's fans, music lovers and the public.

By pledging $900 toward our Kickstarter campaign you will gain an all-access pass to a truly spectacular one-time only event as two of Michael Jackson's former collaborators, Michael Prince and Cory Rooney, will be exclusively hosting backers of this Kickstarter campaign in a Los Angeles recording studio for this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME experience!

You will get to personally interact with Prince and Rooney and be given unprecedented insight into Michael Jackson's legendary recording process. You'll spend hours hearing never-before-told stories and asking all the questions you've been dying to ask... with MANY unforgettable surprises sprinkled in! Tentative date: February 8, 2014 in Los Angeles.

About Michael Prince & Cory Rooney

Michael Prince was one of Michael Jackson's most trusted engineers for 14 years, from 1995 right up until his passing in 2009. His first gig with the King of Pop was the infamously ill-fated Michael Jackson: One Night Only TV special that was to take place on Saturday, December 9, 1995 at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. The special was set to include a host of exclusive performances of brand new songs from the recently-released HIStory album as well as a range of Jackson's greatest hits. It was scheduled to be broadcast by HBO on Sunday, December 10. Unfortunately, Jackson fainted during rehearsals on December 6. He was then taken to the hospital and the show was eventually cancelled.

This was Prince's introduction to the world of Michael Jackson. From there he would work with the King of Pop on a variety of live performances, including the HIStory World Tour from July 1996 to October 1997, and the Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration concerts at Madison Square Garden in September 2001.

Prince worked intimately in the studio with Jackson for years on end - mostly with their collaborative partner, musician and arranger Brad Buxer. Together they recorded countless songs, demos and ideas - many of which remain unreleased and unheard by the public to this day.

Prince's most recent collaborations with Jackson were perhaps to be two of the most significant of his career. Prince was again working in the studio with Jackson on what would have been his next set of brand new music (including songs I Was The Loser, Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy). The other project; Jackson's record-breaking This Is It residency to take place at London's O2 Arena. Unfortunately, like the HBO special in 1995, neither of them were able to be fully realized with Jackson sudden passing on June 25th, 2009.

Cory Rooney is a multi-faceted music industry veteran. He has written, produced, and developed hit songs and careers for artists including Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Destiny's Child and many more. Over the course of his on-going career, he has amassed numerous platinum records, with sales of his music in excess of 100 million units.

Rooney has been just as successful in a suit as he has been in the studio. The success of his early 90s hits as a songwriter and producer caught the attention of Sony Music, who signed him first as a producer, then as the Vice President of A&R at Epic Records, in 1994. Two years later he moved on to become Vice President of A&R at Crave Records. Then, in 1998, after excelling in his A&R role at Crave Records, Rooney was scouted back to the Epic family - this time as Senior Vice President of Sony Music Entertainment.

Between 1999 and 2001, Rooney oversaw the production of Michael Jackson's Invincible album, and was instrumental in nurturing the collaboration between Michael Jackson and Rodney Jerkins.

After a February 1999 listening session, in which Michael Jackson debuted just one song (Break of Dawn, produced by Dr.Freeze) for the Epic Records executives, Rooney was given the opportunity of a lifetime; To produce a track for the King of Pop. Rooney got to work immediately, creating a song called She Was Lovin' Me.

“Michael heard it on the Friday, and I promise you by that Monday he was in New York”, recalls Rooney. “He called my house and he said, ‘I’m ready. I’m prepared. I’m ready to sing the song.’ And he was ready. I was blown away.” Despite already being an accomplished producer, songwriter and record executive, the opportunity to work with the King of Pop was a humbling honor for Rooney. “I had already had so much success in my career with Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Mary J. Blige and Destiny's Child – then all of a sudden you’ve got Michael Jackson calling you and saying, ‘I love your song.’ I couldn’t believe it.”

Rooney and Jackson worked on the song at The Hit Factory in New York City for almost a month - between March and April 1999. “Anyone who has heard that song says it’s one of the best songs they’ve heard from Michael in the last ten years of his career,” says Rooney – and they’re right. It’s the King of Pop rocking out at his best. However, the song was not selected for the Invincible album, and remains unreleased to this day.

Exclusive FULL story on She Was Lovin' Me can be found here.

Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter

Anticipated delivery for the book is December 2014. This date is approximate and is subject to change within reason. As this is an investigative piece, securing certain key interviews or obtaining key pieces of evidence, information, or analysis could delay the completion and release of the project. We'll use our best judgment, as well as the feedback from our backers, in determining what may reasonably warrant a delay, or otherwise. Quality, diligence and accuracy are of the utmost importance in our effort to deliver the best final product possible.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/atruthuntold/a-truth-untold
    ***Traduzione a breve

3. softbirdrollin
        Top   -1

User deleted

i want to only play MJ"s songs I know are his! His pictures are messed with too much at times. Fake Posers, His songs, I just love the BASIC and TRUE MJ Pictures and Songs! They should Be left Alone!!!

4.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (softbirdrollin @ 8/11/2013, 17:18) 
    i want to only play MJ"s songs I know are his! His pictures are messed with too much at times. Fake Posers, His songs, I just love the BASIC and TRUE MJ Pictures and Songs! They should Be left Alone!!!

I would like to know truth, but I admit that this request for money leaves me a bit puzzled.
    I'm among those who at first hearing of Breaking News I said "this is not Michael." I really want to understand at this point, I think it's important for all of us.

Una Verità Non Detta
    di A Truth Untold, LLC

L'esclusiva e scioccante storia vera che circonda la controversa pubblicazione del primo album postumo di Michael Jackson

Dobbiamo far partire qualcosa ?

Negli ultimi 3 anni abbiamo diligentemente esaminato la controversia che ha circondato il primo album postumo di Michael Jackson, Michael, pubblicato da Epic Records e l'Estate di Michael Jackson nel Dicembre 2010.

Il nostro obiettivo con la campagna A Truth Untold Kickstarter (
    http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickstarter n.d.t ) è raccogliere i fondi richiesti per completare la ricerca e pubblicare un esauriente risultato delle ricerche in un esclusivo libro esaustivo che racconti la scioccante storia vera di ciò che è realmente accaduto.

Per chi tra voi non avesse familiarità con l'argomento su cui abbiamo fatto ricerche e di cui scriviamo, nel novembre 2010 una canzone chiamata Breaking News fu diffusa in streaming sul sito ufficiale di Michael Jackson, michaeljackson.com, dalla Epic Records ( Sony Music ).

La canzone ha provocato un putiferio di polemiche tra la famiglia Jackson, l'Estate, la casa discografica, i produttori, i musicisti e i fans di Michael, con domande che si sono concentrate sull'autenticità delle parti vocali. La domanda era : è veramente Michael che canta ? L'Estate di Michael Jackson e Epic Records dicono sì, ma la famiglia Jackson e molti dei fans di Michael in tutto il mondo dicono no!

Anche se le domande non sono diminuite, la canzone è stata ufficialmente pubblicata nell'album postumo di Michael Jackson , Michael, nel Dicembre 2010. Ad oggi, rimangono domande sull'autenticità delle parti vocali di Breaking News e anche di due altre canzoni dell'album : Keep Your head Up e Monster .

Per mettere la questione nella ( corretta ) prospettiva : Michael Jackson è l'artista di maggior successo nella storia della musica popolare. E sebbene le polemiche abbiano costantemente afflitto la sua vita privata per decenni, una cosa è sopra tutto - la sua arte. Michael Jackson ha dedicato 40 anni della sua vita a costruire un inarrivabile repertorio di perfezione pop garantito per resistere alla prova del tempo, portando gioia generazione dopo generazione. Tuttavia, essendoci stati degli armeggii postumi, è proprio questo leggendario catalogo che è diventata ora la fonte della disputa da cui una volta era immune.

" Qualcuno sta nascondendo la verità. Quando sarà svelato il mistero ? "

Una campagna finanziata con successo permetterà di chiarire questo mistero, e tutta la verità verrà finalmente raccontata. Con tre anni di ricerca dietro di noi, abbiamo gettato le basi di un avvincente e scioccante libro grazie ad un accesso senza precedenti che ci è stato dato da dozzine di interviste raccolte. Comunque, mancano ancora dei pezzi.

Al fine di documentare accuratamente il caso e di pubblicare il libro, abbiamo bisogno di supporto. Ed è qui che entrate in gioco VOI ! Chiediamo a tutti i fans di Michael Jackson, agli appassionati di musica e ai cercatori di verità di unirsi a noi mentre alziamo la voce nella ricerca della verità, una vota per tutte !

Il vostro impegno è molto apprezzato e giocherà un ruolo fondamentale nel condurre al successo questa campagna. Abbiamo anche bisogno del vostro aiuto per diffondere il messaggio. Che sia attraverso l blog o le reti sociali come Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram e il vecchio caro passaparola, abbiamo bisogno del vostro aiuto per essere certi che la verità venga recepita forte e chiara !

" Non c'è nolente che non possa essere fatto, se uniamo le nostre voci in una sola . Devono sentirlo da ME . Devono sentirlo da VOI. Devono sentirlo da NOI ! "

- Premi -

Come tutte le campagne Kickstarter , la vostra generosità non verrà lasciata senza ricompensa. Scoprite un riepilogo completo di ciò che potrete ottenere come premio per il vostro sostegno !

$ 10 - Unisciti alla comunità

Grazie per supportare la nostra ricerca della verità . Per solo 10 $ diventerete parte importante della comunità A Truth Untold di Kickstarter. Avrete accesso alla pagina di commento solo per finanziatori dove potrete comunicare direttamente con altri che hanno finanziato il nostro progetto. Sarete anche in grado di interagire con il A Truth Untold team e riceverete aggiornamenti in tempo reale direttamente nella vostra mail, per essere aggiornati sulla campagna. Se il finanziamento avrà successo continuerete a ricevere aggiornamenti sul completamento delle ricerche e sulla pubblicazione del libro.

$ 20 - Copia digitale del libro

Per $ 20 riceverete una copia digitale del libro. Per dimostrarvi il nostro apprezzamento per la vostra generosità, riceverete il libro prima di chiunque altro, un intero mese prima della distribuzione ufficiale + tutto quello che è stato presentato precedentemente.

$ 50 - Copia del libro con copertina in edizione economica

Per $ 50 riceverete l'edizione economica del libro. Per dimostrarvi il nostro apprezzamento per la vostra generosità, riceverete il libro in anteprima, un mese prima della data di distribuzione ufficiale. Riceverete inoltre il segnalibro ATU + tutti gli articoli presentati precedentemente.

$ 100 - Copia rilegata del libro ( Edizione limitata )

Per $ 100 riceverete l'edizione limitata rilegata del libro piena di esclusive foto inedite ! La vostra copia del libro sarà autografata dall'autore . Per dimostrarvi il nostro apprezzamento per la vostra generosità riceverete il libro in anteprima di un mese sulla data di vendita al pubblico + tutto quello che è stato descritto precedentemente tranne la copia in brossura che è sostituita da quella autografata. Ce ne sono solo 250 disponibili così siate veloci !

Ricompense Premium

$ 900 - esperienza in studio irripetibile

Siamo eccitati e onorati di annunciare la nostra ricompensa Premium ai fans di Michael, agli appassionati di musica e al pubblico.

Con il sostegno di $ 900 alla nostra campagna Kickstarter otterrete un accesso ad un evento incredibilmente spettacolare ed eccezionale : due ex collaboratori di Michael Jackson, Michael Prince e Cory Rooney ospiteranno in esclusiva i sostenitori di questa campagna in uno studio di registrazione di Los Angeles per una esperienza unica !

Avrete un rapporto unico con Prince e Rooney per dare uno sguardo senza precedenti nel leggendario percorso di registrazione di Michael Jackson . Passerete ore ad ascoltare storie mai sentite e potrete porre le domande che morivate dalla voglia di chiedere …con molte sorprese indimenticabili ! Data provvisoria : 8 Febbraio 2014, Los Angeles.

A proposito di Michael Pince & Cory Rooney

Michael Prince è stato uno degli ingegneri più fidati di Michael Jackson per 14 anni, dal 1995 fino proprio alla sua scomparsa nel 2009 . Il suo primo spettacolo con il Re del Pop fu il famigerato sfortunato Michael Jackson : One Night Only TV lo special che avrebbe dovuto aver luogo sabato 9 Dicembre 1995 al Beacon Theatre di NYC. Lo special doveva includere una serie di esclusive esibizioni delle nuove canzoni dell'album HIStory per e una selezione dei maggiori successi di Jackson. Era in programma la sua trasmissione da parte di HBO domenica 10 Dicembre. Sfortunatamente, Jackson svenne durante le prove il 6 Dicembre. Fu condotto in ospedale e lo show alla fine venne annullato.

Questa fu l'ingresso di Prince nel mondo di Michael Jackson . da lì, avrebbe lavorato con il Re del Pop in una serie di spettacoli dal vivo, incluso il tour mondiale HIStory da Luglio 1996 a Ottobre 1997, eil concerto per i 30 anni di carriera al Madison Square Garden nel Settembre 2001.

Prince ha lavorato a stretto contatto in studio con Jackson per anni - soprattutto con il partner, musicista e arrangiatore Brad Buxer . Insieme hanno registrato innumerevoli canzoni, demo e idee - molte delle quali rimangono inedite e sconosciute al pubblico ancora oggi.

Le più recenti collaborazioni di Prince con Jackson sono state forse 2 delle più significative della sua carriera. Prince stava di nuovo lavorando in studio con Jackson a quello che sarebbe stato il suo nuovo genere di musica ( tra cui canzoni quali I Was The Loser, Hollywood Tonight e Best Of Joy ) . Un altro progetto, il successo TIIche avrebbe avuto luogo allo 02 Arena di Londra .Purtroppo, come lo speciale di HBO del '95, nessuno di questi si sarebbe realizzato per l'improvvisa scomparsa di Jackson il 25 Giugno 2009.

Cory Rooney è un veterano dell'industria musicale dai molti aspetti. ha scritto, prodotto e sviluppato canzoni di successo e carriere per artisti come Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Destiny's Child e molti altri. Nel corso della carriera ha collezionato molti dischi di platino, grazie a vendite di oltre 100 milioni di dischi.

Rooney ah avuto altrettanto successo nelle cause legali come in studio. Il successo degli anni '90 come autore e produttore attirò l'attenzione della Sony Music che lo scritturò prima come produttore, poi come vicepresidente A&R ( Artists and Repertoire n.d.t ) di Epic Records nel 1994. Due anni dopo divenne vicepresidente A&R di Crave Records. Quindi, nel 1998, dopo il grande successo nel ruolo di A&R alla Crave Records , Rooney fu invitato di nuovo alla Epic - questa volta come Senior Vice President di Sony Music Entertainment.

Tra il 1999 e il 2001 Rooney supervisionò la produzione dell'album Invincible di Michael Jackson fu determinante nel favorire la collaborazione tra Michael Jackson e Rodney Jerkins.

Dopo una sessione di ascolto nel Febbraio 1999, in cui Michael presentò solo una canzone ( Break Of Dawn prodotta da Dr. Freeze ) per i dirigenti di Epic Records, a Rooney si presentò l'occasione della vita : produrre una traccia del Re del Pop . Rooney si mise al lavoro immediatamente, creando una canzone dal titolo She Was Lovin' Me.

" Michael la sentì il venerdì e vi dico che il lunedì era a New York." ricorda Rooney " Mi chiamò a casa e mi disse : Io sono pronto, sono preparato. Sono pronto a cantare questa canzone ". Ed era pronto. Sono rimasto senza parole. Nonostante fosse già un produttore esperto, un autore e discografico, l'opportunità di lavorare con il Re del Pop era un immenso onore per Rooney. " Avevo già avuto un mucchio di successi nella mia carriera con Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Mary J. Blige e i Destiny's Child - tutto ad un tratto hai Michael Jackson che ti chiama e ti dice " Amo la tua canzone ". Non ci potevo credere."

Rooney e Jackson lavorarono alla canzone al The Hit Factory di NYC per quasi un mese - tra Marzo e Aprile 1999. " Chiunque abbia ascoltato quella canzone dice che è una delle migliori canzoni di Michael negli ultimi dieci anni della sua carriera " dice Rooney - e ha ragione.
    E' il Re del Pop che dà il meglio di sé. Tuttavia, la canzone non fu selezionata per Invincible ed è ancora inedita .

La storia esclusiva di She Was Lovin' Me si può trovare qui.

Rischi responsabilità rispetto agli esiti di Kickstarter.

Consegna prevista per il libro Dicembre 2014. Questa data è approssimativa ed è soggetta a modifiche entro limiti ragionevoli.
    Essendo un materiale investigativo, ottenere interviste chiave o prove chiave, informazioni, o analisi potrebbero ritardare il completamento o la diffusione del progetto. Useremo il nostro miglior giudizio, come l'apporto dei nostri sostenitori, nel determinare ciò che può ragionevolmente giustificare un ritardo, fino a prova contraria. Qualità, diligenza e accuratezza sono di fondamentale importanza nel nostro sforzo di offrire il miglior prodotto possibile.

Traduzione Betelgeuse MJGW

5.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

New ‘A Truth Untold’ Kickstarter Project Asks “Is It Really Michael Jackson Singing?” on 2010 Michael Jackson Album

A new Kickstarter project launched today by an international team of Michael Jackson fans calls into question three songs released by Epic Records 18 months after the pop superstar’s death.

The songs, “Breaking News,” “Monster,” and “Keep Your Head Up,” released in 2010 on the posthumous album titled, “Michael”, sparked worldwide controversy after questions were raised regarding the authenticity of their lead vocals. Some members of Jackson’s family, former collaborators, friends and fans claim that the songs do not feature Michael Jackson’s signature vocals, but those of a soundalike or vocal impersonator they allege was hired to deceptively sound like Jackson.

A team of dedicated Jackson fans are launching their Kickstarter campaign, titled “A Truth Untold”, to raise the funds required to complete their investigation and to publish their findings in a tell-all book to be released late next year.

Sony Music acquired the three songs in question as part of a package deal with nine other tracks from Jackson’s longtime friend Eddie Cascio and his collaborative partner, James Porte. The pair claim that the songs, commonly referred to as the “Cascio tracks”, were recorded by Jackson in Cascio’s basement during a 2007 family visit.

A Truth Untold, the world’s first crowd-funded Michael Jackson research project, takes a “legacy-first” approach to the King of Pop’s body of work, with compelling new insight into Michael Jackson’s creative process. “It reads as a fly-on-the-wall account through a series of events, including Michael Jackson’s final years in the recording studio, his tragic death, and the battles within his postmortem empire as these questionable songs came to surface,” says Australian contributor, Damien Shields. “We aim to deliver an objective and fascinating piece of investigative journalism with revealing and exclusive interviews, never-before-told stories, and accounts from people on both sides of the controversy,” he said.

The team behind A Truth Untold say that they’re reaching out to other music lovers through the popular Kickstarter crowd-funding site because the scope of their investigation requires added resources. “Michael Jackson’s contributions to music and culture will be revered and studied for centuries to come. The group’s mission is to make sure that the information surrounding one of music’s biggest controversies is properly documented so that folks can draw their own educated conclusions,” said James Alay, one of the team’s U.S.-based contributors.

Social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, have been instrumental in the success of the pre-launch campaign, allowing the A Truth Untold team to connect with their supporters all over the world, using the now-ubiquitous hashtag, #ATRUTHUNTOLD. “It’s truly a global effort, encompassing supporters from every continent and in every time zone. It really goes to show Michael Jackson’s tremendous global appeal, with fans coming out in droves to support our movement, even before we announced our Kickstarter campaign. We hope that the strong show of support translates to reaching our Kickstarter funding goals,” Alay said.

“It is our hope that people from all walks of life, along with the Jackson family, The Michael Jackson Estate, record label, former collaborators and colleagues, friends and fans from all around the world will stand together and collectively raise their voices with us in our quest for the truth,” said Shields.

Funds from a successfully funded campaign will be allocated towards the completion of research, including additional interviews and the retention of an independent forensic musicologist. “And as with all Kickstarter campaigns, funds will also be used to reward backers with our finished product, including both digital and print copies of the book. We’re also thrilled to unveil our incredible premium reward -- a truly spectacular once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for fans to join not one, but two, of Michael Jackson’s producers in a Los Angeles recording studio for unprecedented insight into Michael Jackson’s legendary recording process,” Alay said.

www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11318650.htm?PID=6148300
    ---

Nuovo progetto Kickstarter “A Truth Unfold” chiede: " E' davvero Michael Jackson che canta nell'album del 2010?

Un nuovo progetto Kickstarter lanciato da un team internazionale di fan di Michael Jackson chiama in causa tre canzoni rilasciate da Epic Records 18 mesi dopo la morte della superstar del pop.

Le canzoni, "Breaking News", "Monster" e "Keep Your Head Up", uscite nel 2010 per l'album postumo dal titolo "Michael", hanno suscitato polemiche in tutto il mondo dopo che alcune questioni sono state sollevate per quanto riguarda l'autenticità della voce solista. Alcuni membri della famiglia di Jackson, ex collaboratori, amici e fan sostengono che le canzoni non hanno la firma vocale di Michael Jackson, ma quella di un sosia vocale assunto ingannevolmente per sembrare Jackson.

Un gruppo di fan di Jackson stanno lanciando la loro campagna Kickstarter, dal titolo " Una verità non detta ", per raccogliere i fondi necessari per completare le loro indagini e pubblicare i risultati in un ' tell-all book ' che dovrebbe uscire alla fine del prossimo anno.

Sony Music ha acquisito le tre canzoni in questione come parte di un pacchetto con altri nove brani dal vecchio amico di Jackson Eddie Cascio e il suo collaboratore James Porte. I due affermano che le canzoni, comunemente indicate come "tracce Cascio", sono state registrate da Jackson nel seminterrato dei Cascio nel corso di una visita alla famiglia nel 2007.

“Una verità non detta” , progetto di ricerca finanziato dai fan di Michael Jackson nel mondo, ha un approccio "first legacy" del lavoro del Re del Pop, con una avvincente nuova visione del processo creativo di Michael Jackson attraverso una serie di eventi, tra cui gli ultimi anni di Michael Jackson in studio di registrazione, la sua tragica morte, e le battaglie all'interno del suo impero poswt mortem come queste canzoni discutibili venuti alla luce", dice il collaboratore australiano Damien Shields. "Puntiamo a fornire un obiettivo e affascinante pezzo di giornalismo investigativo con interviste esclusive e rivelatrici, constorie mai raccontate prima e considerazioni di persone da entrambi le parti della controversia," ha detto.

Il team dietro “ Una verità non detta “ dicono che stanno raggiungendo altri appassionati di musica attraverso il popolare sito Kickstarter perché il loro campo di indagine richiede risorse aggiunte. "I contributi di Michael Jackson alla musica e la cultura saranno onorati e studiati per i secoli a venire. La missione del gruppo è quello di assicurarsi che le informazioni che circondano una delle più grandi polemiche della musica sia adeguatamente documentata in modo che la gente può trarre le proprie conclusioni ", ha detto James Alay, uno dei collaboratori statunitensi del team.

Siti di social media come Twitter, Facebook e YouTube, sono state fondamentali per il successo della campagna di pre-lancio, consentendo al team di connettersi con i loro sostenitori in tutto il mondo, utilizzando l'hashtag ormai onnipresente, # ATRUTHUNTOLD. "E' veramente uno sforzo globale, che comprende i sostenitori di ogni continente e di ogni fuso orario. Si va davvero a mostrare l'enorme appello globale di Michael Jackson, con una moltitudine di fan venuti fuori per sostenere il nostro movimento, prima ancora di annunciare la nostra campagna Kickstarter. Ci auguriamo che un grande supporto di traduzioni permettano di raggiungere i nostri obiettivi di finanziamento Kickstarter ", ha detto Alay.

"È nostra speranza che la gente da tutti i ceti sociali, insieme con la famiglia Jackson, The Michael Jackson Estate, etichetta discografica, ex collaboratori e colleghi, amici e appassionati da tutto il mondo staranno insieme e collettivamente alzare la voce insieme a noi nella nostra ricerca della verità," ha detto Shields.

I fondi provenienti da una campagna finanziata con successo saranno assegnati per il completamento della ricerca, comprese le interviste supplementari e il mantenimento di un musicologo forense indipendente. "E come con tutte le campagne di Kickstarter, i fondi saranno utilizzati anche per premiare i sostenitori del nostro prodotto finito, comprese le copie digitali e stampa del libro.
    Siamo anche entusiasti di svelare il nostro incredibile premio ricompensa - una davvero spettacolare opportunità di “una volta nella vita" per i fan di unirsi non a uno, ma a due dei produttori di Michael Jackson in uno studio di registrazione di Los Angeles per la visione senza precedenti del leggendario processo di registrazione di Michael Jackson ", ha detto Alay.

Traduzione Arcoiris MJGW

Edited by valerie77 - 16/11/2013, 07:37

6.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

The ‘A Truth Untold’ Kickstarter campaign; What it’s about and why it’s important!

by Damien Shields

ATU-Video-Thumb-copy-e1384494567256

One week ago today marked the three-year anniversary of the online premier of “Breaking News”. The song was unveiled at michaeljackson.com on November 8, 2010 courtesy of Epic Records as a teaser for the first posthumous Michael Jackson album, ‘Michael’, to be released five weeks later. The date also marked the launch of ‘A Truth Untold’, a new Kickstarter campaign that calls into question the authenticity of the vocals on “Breaking News”, as well as two other songs, “Keep Your Head Up” and “Monster”, which also appear on the ‘Michael’ album.
    In order to explain what the A Truth Untold Kickstarter is about, and to understand why it is so important to so many people, let’s backtrack to November 7, 2010. On that day, Michael Jackson fans around the world, myself included, were on the edge of their seats. At the turn of midnight the first brand new, unreleased Michael Jackson song fans had heard in many years (aside from “This Is It” in 2009) would officially be debuted. For a few days prior to the debut a snippet, roughly 20 seconds in length, was available online to whet our appetite. The music sounded good, but it cut out right before the vocals kicked in. What a great way to build suspense. A teaser of a teaser. This was to going be a special moment. This was Michael’s time to shine. The King of Pop was about to be back, in a BIG way!

In the weeks leading up to the premier of “Breaking News” rumours began circulating in the media that members of the Jackson family, and one of the two co-executors of The Michael Jackson Estate, had claimed that the lead vocals on a number of the tracks being considered for the album were fake. In other words, they believed that someone other than Michael Jackson was singing. The tracks in question were those now known as the “Cascio tracks” – provided to Sony by Michael Jackson’s friend, Eddie Cascio, and his collaborative partner, James Porte. “Breaking News” is one of the Cascio tracks.

Most fans, including me, didn’t give the rumours much attention. Personally, I was not at all concerned that the vocals would be fake. “That’s just crazy,” I thought. “As if Sony would release a fake song!” If anything, it was annoying to me that the Jacksons were raining on our parade. Like I said, this was supposed to be Michael’s moment to shine! Michael Jackson has one of the most recognisable, inimitable voices ever. I was confident that the music would speak for itself, and that all doubt would be set aside when “Breaking News” arrived online in full.

Because the occasion was monumental for me, as a fan, I left work four hours early to ensure I did not miss the premier. I had to be at home, in front of my computer, with my headphones on and no distractions, to experience the song simultaneously with fellow fans around the world. Emotions were running high as the moment drew closer and closer.

“I want to cry,” said one fan on a popular fan site. “Oh my God, I can barely breathe. I swear my heart is beating faster by the minute. I might blow up or something,” exclaimed another. “This is just… oh my gosh. I am… wow… every emotion,” added someone else.

The idea of a “teaser” is to get fans excited for what is still to come. If this Sony had chosen this particular song as our very first taste of the album, with all those rumours of “fake” vocals swirling and especially knowing how much amazing, legitimate, unreleased material Michael Jackson had recorded during his life, I assumed it had to be a hit. This would shut the naysayers up once and for all.

But it didn’t. In fact, it made things worse. Much worse.

The moment the clock struck midnight in New York and “Breaking News” was unleashed, fan forums exploded with rapid-fire criticism over the track. Pages and pages of comments in quick succession. It was hard to keep up! The fans were frantic, wondering what was going on. The only other time I’d seen such chaos on the fan sites was the day Michael had passed away.

“I don’t even know what to say. This is NOT Michael,” stated a fan in reaction to hearing the song. “We are being played guys! This is a pr STUNT!” speculated another. “This is not Michael’s voice… I feel frustrated and empty… Sony thinks we are stupid!”

“That’s NOT Michael. Is this [some] kind of sick joke?” someone asked. “I’M SO UPSET! That song is NOT Michael! I hate you Sony!” ranted someone else. “That is not Michael Jackson. Not in a million f*cking years,” echoed yet another fan. “The fact that Sony have done this goes to show how little they care for his legacy. It’s a complete f*cking outrage,” they continued.

It should be noted that not every fan reacted negatively. Some fans did enjoy the track, and believed it was Michael. Others weren’t sure and decided to remain on the fence until there was a statement or explanation from either the Estate, Sony, or Eddie Cascio and James Porte. But the majority of feedback suggested that fans, along with the Jackson family, wouldn’t stand for this kind of fiasco. Regardless of whether they were Michael’s authentic vocals or not, the song had created such a toxic atmosphere in the fan community that it seemed the only sensible thing, in my opinion, was to exclude it from the album completely. If fans thousands of fans around the world were rejecting it, what would be the point in moving forward with it?

Soon after the controversial debut of “Breaking News” a number of other Cascio tracks leaked online, including “Keep Your Head Up”, “Monster” and two that remain (officially) unreleased to this day; “Stay” and “All I Need”. The reaction to these was the same as the reaction to “Breaking News”, with a divide, debate and questions in the fan community over whether they were authentic or not.

And so here we are, three years later, still discussing the authenticity of the Cascio tracks. The issue has almost become taboo in the Michael Jackson fan community, but it still manages to creep its way into almost every discussion topic. It’s the same old blend of information and opinion being recycled over and over again in an attempt to prove a point. But what are we really proving? Where does this all end? What will be the resolution?

The A Truth Untold team, of which I am a co-founding member, believes that it all ends with answers, and that answers will be part of the resolution. Answers to the questions that after three years of speculation, arguments and bickering, remain unanswered. So that’s what we are doing! Asking questions and seeking answers.

So where does Kickstarter come into this?

For the past three years the A Truth Untold team; James, Dan, Ashley and myself, have been diligently researching the origins and authenticity of the Cascio tracks as part of an investigative piece that also documents Michael Jackson’s last three years in the recording studio, and the controversy that surrounded the posthumous ‘Michael’ album.

We’ve taken our quest for the truth to Kickstarter in a bid to raise the $40,000 we require to complete the research and publish the extensive findings of that research as an exclusive tell-all book detailing the shocking true story of what really happened.

“Michael’s fans are extraordinary in their quest for accuracy and their passions to raise their voices in a search for truth! We join with them in our care and concern for Michael,” said attorney for the Estate Of Michael Jackson, Howard Weitzman, in direct response to the questions surrounding the Cascio tracks.

“We take all fan comments very seriously,” Weitzman said in the same statement, adding that, “there is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.”

And so we ask The Estate, as well as Sony Music, Eddie Cascio, James Porte, Teddy Riley, the Jackson family and anyone else associated with this controversy to open the lines of communication with us. We, Michael’s fans, are here, raising our voice in a search for the truth to get to the bottom of this issue. Please, tell us your side of the story and allow us to document it. Once everyone has told their side of the story, and answered our questions, we will assess all the information, including what we’ve already discovered over the course of our three-year investigation, and put all the pieces of the puzzle together in the form of a book. This is part of the Michael Jackson story now, so it’s important that we get the story straight. For Michael!

To put all the posthumous controversy into context, the book will also detail Michael Jackson’s final three years in the recording studio, sharing captivating and heart-warming recollections from many of his collaborators from during that period. The reader will be introduced to the genius and perfectionism of the greatest recording artist of all time, and will be left with an overwhelming appreciation for his dedication to his craft.

You can pledge to pre-order a copy of the book via Kickstarter right now. We have three versions of the book available; digital, softcover and hardcover! The money pledged goes towards raising our $40,000 funding goal. If we successfully reach the $40,000 mark by the date our campaign ends (Dec 14), we will be considered “funded” and will receive payment from Kickstarter, minus 10% in fees which are paid straight back to Kickstarter and Amazon for the privilege of them hosting our campaign. If we do not raise our $40,000 funding goal we are considered “unfunded.” In that case, the pledges people made when pre-ordering the book are not charged to their credit card, and we received no payment at all.

The crowd-funding method of launching a product is something I truly believe in. I have personally supported a number of different crowd-funded campaigns over a variety of crowd-funding platforms including Kickstarter, Indiegogo and Pozible. As a customer, or “backer” as they’re called, I find that connecting with a campaign, wanting the product they’re offering, pledging for it and then promoting and supporting it to bring that product to fruition really is an exciting process.

From a creator’s point of view; Kickstarter allows us to announce our vision for a proposed product – in this case an investigative book - before laying down the funds for mass production. Before launching a Kickstarter campaign you have to pick a funding goal. This is typically the amount of money you require to complete the blueprint for your item/s and put it/them into production. Once your campaign goes public, your success hinges on how strongly your supporters and the public believe in what you are offering.

In our case, as stated earlier in the article, we are offering a book detailing the controversy that surrounded the first posthumous album of unreleased Michael Jackson music. The book will dedicate specific focus to the origins, history and authenticity of the Cascio tracks, as well as detailing Michael’s final three years of recording music. If enough people want this book and make a pledge, it will happen! But we’ve only got a month to do it!

We need to generate at least $40,000 from the rewards we are offering in order to successfully follow through on our mission. That’s why if we raise less than $40,000 we get nothing. Kickstarter does not give creators your money if the creator cannot afford to produce the item the backer has pledged for. It’s all or nothing and I think that’s a fair deal.

Why do we require $40,000?

Because in order for us to complete this project the way we envision, that’s how much it’ll cost. We are offering two different physical versions of the book – a softcover version and a hardcover version. Print production and distribution costs must be accounted for as we endeavour to deliver these items. As this is an investigative piece, first-hand research and expenses related to the investigation, including international travel will be accounted for. We also intend to engage the services of a professional Forensic Musicologist, whose analysis we would like to feature in the book. That’s an expensive process but worth every penny. Licensing fees must be accounted for if we are to publish exclusive and relevant photography in the book. Because of the elevated risks associated with investigative works, and the legalities associated with a crowd-funded campaign of this nature, we needed to retain legal representation. This will be covered by our budget, as well as the Kickstarter and Amazon Payments commission obligations that come part and parcel with every single Kickstarter campaign.

As detailed earlier, we have three versions of the book available. Beyond that we are excited, honoured and humbled to announce our Premium Reward to Michael’s fans, music lovers and the public.

By pledging $900 toward our Kickstarter campaign you will gain an all-access pass to a truly spectacular one-time only event as two of Michael Jackson’s former collaborators, Michael Prince and Cory Rooney, will be exclusively hosting backers of this Kickstarter campaign in a Los Angeles recording studio for this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME experience!

You will get to personally interact with Prince and Rooney and be given unprecedented insight into Michael Jackson’s legendary recording process. You’ll spend hours hearing never-before-told stories and asking all the questions you’ve been dying to ask, with MANY unforgettable surprises sprinkled in!

Ultimately it’s the power of the pledge that’ll make or break our quest for the truth and the completion of this book. We need your help in spreading the message, whether it’s through blogs and social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or good old fashion word-of-mouth, we need your help in making sure the truth is heard loud and clear!

“There’s nothing that can’t be done, if we raise our voice as one. They gotta hear it from ME. They gotta hear if from YOU. They gotta hear it from US!”

http://www.damienshields.com/the-a-truth-u...-its-important/

7.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

La Campagna Kickstarter " A Truth Untold" di cosa si tratta e perchè è importante

di Damien Shields

ATU-Video-Thumb-copy-e1384494567256

Circa una settimana fa, è passato il terzo anniversario della presentazione online di "Breaking News". La canzone è stata presentata al michaeljackson.com l' 8 novembre 2010 per gentile concessione della Epic Records come anticipazione per l'uscita del primo album postumo di Michael Jackson, 'Michael', rilasciato poi ,cinque settimane più tardi . La data ha segnato quindi anche il lancio della nuova campagna Kickstarter 'A Truth Untold ', che mette in discussione l'autenticità della parte vocale di "Breaking News", così come di altre due canzoni, "Keep Your Head Up" e "Monster", apparse anch'esse nell'album 'Michael' .

Per spiegarvi di cosa si tratta, e per capire perché è così importante per così tante persone, cerchiamo di tornare un pò indietro nel tempo al 7 novembre 2010. In quel giorno, i fans di Michael Jackson, me compreso, stavano in attesa. Più o meno intorno alla mezzanotte, eravamo tutti ansiosi di ascoltare finalmente del nuovo materiale, di cui (a parte il "This Is It" nel 2009) non si aveva notizia da anni,. Per un paio di giorni era stato mandato in onda un piccolo frammento, di circa 20 secondi di lunghezza, disponibile online tanto per stuzzicare l'appetito. La musica suonava bene, ma si interrompeva proprio e appena prima che la parte vocale iniziasse , di per se un ottimo modo per incuriosire Un teaser di un teaser. Questo doveva essere DAVVERO un momento speciale. Questo era come il ritorno Musicale vero e proprio di Michael. Il Re del Pop stava per tornare di nuovo, in un certo senso, GRANDE!

Nelle settimane che precedettero l'uscita di "Breaking News" , iniziarono a circolare delle voci ,che i membri della famiglia Jackson, e uno dei due co-esecutori della Michael Jackson Estate, avevano sostenuto che la voce solista di un certo numero di tracce prese in considerazione per l'album, erano false. In altre parole, credevano che fosse un altra persona a cantare e non Michael Jackson . I brani in questione erano quelli conosciuti ora come le "tracce" Cascio - fornite alla Sony tramite un amico di Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, e il suo partner collaborativo, James Porte. "Breaking News" è uno dei brani Cascio.

La maggior parte dei fan, me compreso, non avevano dato a queste voci, molta attenzione. Personalmente, non ero affatto preoccupato del fatto che la voce potesse essere falsa. "Questa è follia", pensai "La Sony non metterebbe mai in circolazione dei falsi" Se non altro, era fastidioso per me che i Jackson ci stessero rovinando la festa. Come ho detto, era il momento per Michael di risplendere! Michael Jackson è una delle voci più riconoscibili e inimitabili di sempre. Ero sicuro che la musica avrebbe preso campo, e spazzato via ogni dubbio, quando "Breaking News" si sarebbe sentita completamente..

Perché l'evento era davvero monumentale per me , in qualità di fans.. ho smesso di lavorare 4 ore prima per essere sicuro che non sarei mancato alla premier. Dovevo essere a casa, davanti al mio computer, con le mie cuffie e senza distrazioni, per poter ascoltare la canzone insieme ai fan di tutto il mondo. Le emozioni si rincorrevano crescendo sempre di più.

"Ho voglia di piangere", aveva scritto un fan su un sito molto popolare. "Oh mio Dio, riesco a malapena a respirare. Giuro che il mio cuore batte sempre più veloce di minuto in minuto. Finirò per esplodere ", esclamava un altro "Questo è così... oh mio dio. Io sono ... wow ... in preda alle emozioni ", aggiungeva un altro ancora.

L'idea di un "teaser" è sostanzialmente quella di alimentare l'entusiasmo dei fans per ciò che ancora deve arrivare. Se Sony aveva scelto questa canzone in particolare, come anticipazione dell'album, sopratutto pensando al primo album di materiale inedito di Michael Jackson dopo anni, ho pensato che non potesse che essere un enorme successo. E questo avrebbe chiuso la bocca degli scettici una volta per tutte.

Ma non fu così. Infatti, le cose peggiorarono, molto molto peggio.

Nel momento in cui l'orologio scoccò la mezzanotte a New York e "Breaking News" venne rilasciata, i forum di fans esplosero di critiche.. Pagine e pagine di commenti in rapida successione. Era difficile tenere il passo! I fan scrivevano freneticamente chiedendosi che cosa stesse succedendo. L'unica altra volta che avevo visto un tale caos sui siti dei fan era stato il giorno in cui Michael era morto.

"Io non so nemmeno cosa dire. Questo non è Michael ", dichiarava un fan dopo aver sentito la canzone. "E' un falso ragazzi Si tratta di una trovata pubblicitaria! "Ipotizzava un altro. "Questa non è la voce di Michael ... Mi sento frustrato e vuoto dentro ... ma Sony pensa che siamo stupidi!"

"Questo non è Michael. Cos'è uno scherzo di cattivo gusto? "Chiedeva un altro ancora "Sono sconvolto! Non è Michael! Ti odio Sony! "urlava un altro. "Questo non è Michael Jackson. Non in un milione di f.... anni ", gli faceva eco un altro fan. "Il fatto che Sony abbia fatto questo , dimostra quanto poco si preoccupano per la sua eredità. E 'un falso totale , sono f..... indignato ", continuavano.

Devo far notare che non ogni fan ha recepito negativamente la canzone. Alcuni erano felici di ascoltare la musica, e credevano che fosse Michael. Altri non ne erano sicuri e rimanevano sul bordo della questione in attesa di una qualunque dichiarazione o spiegazione dall'Estate , o Sony, o Eddie Cascio e James Porte. Ma la maggior parte dei commenti suggerivano che i fan, come la famiglia Jackson, erano in disaccordo su questo fiasco preannunciato. Indipendentemente dal fatto che la voce fosse di Michael o no, la canzone aveva creato una tale atmosfera malsana nella comunità dei fan che l'unica cosa sensata da fare, a mio parere, era quella di escluderla completamente dall'album. Se migliaia di fan avevano così mal percepito quella canzone, come si poteva andare avanti a prescindere?

Poco dopo il debutto controverso di "Breaking News", una serie di altri brani Cascio trapelarono online, tra cui "Keep Your Head Up", "Monster" e due che rimangono (ufficialmente) inediti fino ad oggi, "Stay" e "All I Need ". La reazione a questi brani fu la stessa che verso "Breaking News", con divisioni fra i fan, dibattiti e domande sul fatto che fossero autentiche o meno.

E così eccoci qui, tre anni dopo, ancora a discutere sull'autenticità dei brani Cascio. Il problema è diventato quasi un tabù nella comunità di fan di Michael Jackson, ma riesce ancora a far capolino qua e la. Ma si parla sempre delle stesse informazioni riciclate più e più volte nel tentativo di dimostrare una tesi. Ma che cosa stiamo realmente dimostrando? Qual'è il fine? Quale sarà la risoluzione?

La squadra A Truth Untold, di cui sono membro co-fondatore, ritiene che l'unica sia trovare delle risposte, e che solo con chiare risposte avremmo la soluzione. Le risposte alle domande che dopo tre anni di speculazioni, di argomentazioni e battibecchi, restano senza chiarezza. Ecco, questo è quello che stiamo facendo! Porre domande e cercare risposte.

Durante gli ultimi tre anni, la squadra A Truth Untold; James, Dan, Ashley e io stesso, abbiamo indagato circa le origini e l'autenticità dei brani Cascio come parte di un altra investigazione, riguardante gli ultimi tre anni in studio di registrazione, di Michael Jackson e la controversia che ha circondato l'album postumo 'Michael' .

Abbiamo così preso accordi presso la Kickstarter nel tentativo di raccogliere quei 40.000 dollari, che ci sono necessari per completare la ricerca e per pubblicare questi risultato in un libro che descrive l'incredibile storia di quanto è realmente accaduto.

"I fan di Michael sono straordinari per come sanno aumentare il tono del rumore quando cercano la verità! Ci uniamo a loro nella preoccupazione circa l'autenticità dell'album Michael ", aveva detto un avvocato dell'Estate di Michael Jackson, Howard Weitzman, in risposta alle domande che gli arrivavano sulle canzoni Cascio.

"Prendiamo tutti i commenti dei fan molto seriamente" aveva detto Weitzman nella stessa dichiarazione, aggiungendo che, "non c'è nulla di più importante per l'Estate della musica di Michael, la sua eredità e i suoi fans."

E quindi noi chiediamo che l'Estate, così come Sony Music, Eddie Cascio, James Porte, Teddy Riley, la famiglia Jackson e di chiunque altro associato a questa polemica di aprire le linee di comunicazione con noi. Noi, i fan di Michael, siamo qui, che vogliamo alzare la voce per andare al fondo di questo problema. Permetteteci di documentare la vostra versione . Una volta che tutti avranno raccontato la loro versione della storia, e risposto alle nostre domande, valuteremo tutte le informazioni, tra cui quello che abbiamo già scoperto nel corso della nostra indagine di tre anni, per poi unificare tutti i pezzi del puzzle in un libro. Questo è parte della storia di Michael Jackson adesso, per cui per noi è importante. Per Michael!

Per mettere tutte le polemiche postume insieme, il libro conterrà anche dettagli sugli ultimi tre anni in studio di registrazione di Michael, la condivisione fra gli addetti ai lavori e i ricordi che scaldano il cuore da molti dei suoi collaboratori di quel periodo. Il lettore sarà introdotto verso la genialità ed il perfezionismo del più grande artista di tutti i tempi, e porterà con se l'apprezzamento travolgente per la sua dedizione al suo mestiere.

Si può fare una promessa per pre-ordinare la vostra copia del libro attraverso Kickstarter.
    Abbiamo tre versioni del libro disponibili; digitale, in brossura(formato economico) e copertina rigida! I soldi anticipati( e/o promessi) innalzeranno l'obbiettivo dei 40.000 dollari. Se lo raggiungeremo, quando la nostra campagna si conclude (il 14 dicembre), ci considereremo sufficientemente finanziati , meno il 10% in tasse che vengono pagati subito a Kickstarter e Amazon per il privilegio di ospitare la nostra campagna. Se non raggiungeremo il nostro obbiettivo di 40,000 dollari saremo invece "non finanziati." In questo caso, gli impegni delle persone che avranno fatto il pre-ordine del libro non verranno scaricati dalle loro carte di credito, e sarà come non aver mai ricevuto alcun pagamento.

Questo metodo di lancio di un prodotto è qualcosa in cui credo fortemente, almeno a livello personale. Ho sostenuto diverse campagne tramite Kickstarter tra cui, Indiegogo e Pozible. Come cliente, o "sostenitore", trovo che essere direttamente collegato ad una campagna, della quale voglio il prodotto che stanno offrendo, impegnandomi a promuoverlo e sostenerlo per far si che il prodotto nasca, sia un processo davvero entusiasmante .

Dal punto di vista di un creatore; Kickstarter ci permette di annunciare la nostra visione per un prodotto proposto - in questo caso un libro-inchiesta - prima di investire nello stesso per il pubblico di massa. Prima di lanciare una campagna Kickstarter devi scegliere un obiettivo di finanziamento. . Una volta che la campagna diventa pubblica, tutto il successo si basa su quanto i sostenitori credono fortemente in ciò che stai proponendo.

Nel nostro caso, come detto in precedenza in questo articolo, stiamo offrendo un libro che descrive la controversia che ha circondato il primo album postumo di inediti di Michael Jackson . Il libro dedicherà particolare attenzione alle origini, la storia e l'autenticità dei brani Cascio, oltre a dettagliare gli ultimi tre anni in studio di registrazione di Michael. Se abbastanza persone vorranno questo libro e faranno una promessa , accadrà! Ma abbiamo solo un mese per farlo!

Abbiamo bisogno di almeno 40.000 dollari al fine di poter perseguire con successo la nostra missione. Ecco perché se raccogliamo meno di 40.000 dollari non otterremo nulla.

Perché abbiamo bisogno di 40.000 dollari?

Perché è quanto abbiamo preventivato costerà. Offriamo due diverse versioni fisiche del libro - una versione più semplice e una versione hardcover. Stampa di produzione e costi di distribuzione devono essere contabilizzati per potervi fornire una scelta. Inoltre, questo prezzo comprende le indagini e le spese relative alla ricerca, tra cui per esempio viaggi intenazionali. Abbiamo anche intenzione di avvalersi dei servizi di un musicologo forense professionale, la cui analisi vorremmo poi dettagliare nel libro. Questo è un processo costoso, ma vale ogni centesimo. I Diritti di licenza devono essere contabilizzati se vogliamo pubblicare fotografie esclusive e pertinenti, nel libro. A causa dei rischi elevati poi , relativi al copyright, e gli aspetti legali connessi con una campagna di questa natura, abbiamo bisogno di avere una rappresentanza legale. Tutto questo sarà coperto e garantito dal nostro bilancio, così la vendita online e gli obblighi di pagamento in commissioni verso Amazon che rientrano in ogni campagna attraverso Kickstarter.

Come descritto in precedenza, abbiamo tre versioni del libro, disponibili. Al di là del fatto che siamo entusiasti e onorati di poter annunciare questa iniziativa rivolta ai fan di Michael, gli amanti della musica e il pubblico.

Chinque sia invece disposto a versare almeno 900 dollari per la nostra campagna Kickstarter , otterrà un pass per un evento davvero spettacolare , un incontro con 2 ex collaboratori di Michael Jackson, Michael Prince e Cory Rooney, che ci ospiteranno negli studi di registrazione di Los Angeles per un esperienza unica nella vita!

Si potrà interagire personalmente con Prince e Rooney e conoscere nel dettaglio e in diretta il processo di elaborazione musicale di Michael Jackson. Passerete ore ad ascoltare storie che non avete mai sentito prima e potrete fare tutte le domande che volete!

Abbiamo bisogno del vostro aiuto nel diffondere il messaggio, che sia attraverso blog e le reti sociali come Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram o buon vecchio modo del passa parola, abbiamo bisogno del vostro aiuto per fare in modo che la verità si possa sentire forte e chiaro!

"Non c'è niente che non possa essere fatto, se alziamo la nostra voce come uno. Lo devono sentire da me,lo devono sentire da voi, lo devono sentire da NOI.

Edited by valerie77 - 18/11/2013, 10:05

6 replies since 1/11/2013, 09:34   328 views