Being An MJ Pilgrim

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Being An MJ Pilgrim

The Agony And The Ecstasy Of The Global MJ Pilgrim

A Michael Jackson pilgrim is what I call a fan who travels the country or the world to visit places relevant to MJ or to attend special events involving his art and legacy.

These gatherings can be as diverse as a meeting of like-minded souls at Forest Lawn or the gates of Neverland, or attending a major arena show like ‘Michael Jackson the Immortal World Tour,’ or the resident Michael Jackson ‘ONE’ show in Las Vegas (both by Cirque du Soleil). Adrian Grant’s long-running ‘Thriller Live’ tribute show in London’s West End is another popular event for fans, as is the ‘MJ Live’ tribute show at Rio in Las Vegas
    Some of us like to visit monuments and statues of Michael – in China, London, Hong Kong, Rio and other places, see costume and artefact displays like the MJ FanFest (in Las Vegas in December 2011) or visit the collection permanently housed at the MJ Gallery at Ponte 16 in Macau.
    [
    I have friends who have made the pilgrimage to Michael’s ‘HIStory’ statues in Best (Netherlands) or Lausanne (Switzerland) and the wonderful street memorial in Munich. They’re on my ‘wish list’ too – as is the statue at Mistelbach, Austria.

There are artefacts to view at Hard Rock Hotel properties all over the world, including one in Penang with a large seated statue of MJ out front (think in terms of the statue of Abe Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.)
    There are photos posted on social media by fans from all around the world of places encountered by or well known to them, which give that ‘wish list’ the potential to be virtually bottomless.

So, as Michael fans we are blessed indeed to have so many places to visit and view and occasionally events to attend – some of them fan-generated. All are a testament to the man we all admire and love, the incomparable King of Pop and king of our hearts, and the source of some incredible moments of personal ecstasy as we enjoy, share and celebrate his legacy.

So where, you might well ask, does the ‘agony’ come into it? Imagine if you will being blessed with the opportunity to see/attend some of these pilgrimage places and events, but suffering the inevitable restrictions of time and resources (i.e. money) – meaning that you can only see a few of them.

The more you get to know a place, and the more fans you meet, the more things you discover to add to your list. The frustration of being on the other side of the world, with countless opportunities to walk in Michael’s footsteps, yet not having the time or wherewithal to do everything, is something I’ve certainly experienced – as I know have other travelling MJ fans.

It’s a bitter sweet sort of agony: knowing you have been privileged to a large degree, yet have fallen short of the full prize as in the case of some of us (especially us late-comers) who never saw Michael perform live much less had a chance to meet him.

A live Michael Jackson performance this side of the Pearly Gates is now an unattainable dream. But if, like me, you have a ‘wish list’ (or ‘bucket list’, if you prefer) and are an inveterate traveller, then the options to indulge in a global MJ pilgrimage are many indeed.

A fact for which I say a hearty ‘Thank you, God!’

And ‘thank you, too, to Michael.’ After all, it is his determination to use and perfect his God-given talents, and sharing of his philosophy and message of love and healing, that has resulted in these MJ monuments cropping up all over the planet in the past four years.
    Long may it continue, even if it means never getting to the bottom of that ‘wish list.’

TRADUZIONE:

Essendo un pellegrino MJ

Il tormento e l'estasi del pellegrino MJ globale

Un pellegrino di Michael Jackson è quello che chiamo un ventilatore che viaggia il paese o il mondo per visitare luoghi pertinente MJ o per assistere a eventi speciali che coinvolgono la sua arte e l'eredità.

Questi incontri possono essere diversi come un incontro di anime affini a Forest Lawn o i cancelli di Neverland, o per partecipare a una grande arena show come 'Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour', o il residente Michael Jackson 'Uno' spettacolo a Las Vegas (entrambi di Cirque du Soleil). Annosa 'Thriller Live' tributo spettacolo di Adrian Grant nel West End di Londra è un altro evento popolare per i tifosi, come è il 'MJ Live' spettacolo tributo al Rio di Las Vegas
    Alcuni di noi piace visitare monumenti e statue di Michael – in Cina, Londra, Hong Kong, Rio e altri luoghi, vedi costume e manufatto viene visualizzato come il FanFest MJ (a Las Vegas nel dicembre 2011) oppure visitare la collezione permanentemente ospitata presso la galleria di MJ al Ponte 16 a Macao.
    Ho amici che hanno fatto il pellegrinaggio a statue di 'Storia' di Michael in meglio (Paesi Bassi) o di Losanna (Svizzera) e il meraviglioso strada memorial a Monaco di Baviera. Sono sulla mia lista dei desideri' ' troppo – come è la statua di Mistelbach, Austria.

Ci sono manufatti di proprietà di Hard Rock Hotel in tutto il mondo, tra cui uno a Penang, con una grande statua seduta di MJ davanti (si pensi in termini di statua di Abe Lincoln al Lincoln Memorial di Washington DC).
    Ci sono foto pubblicate sui social media da appassionati da tutto il mondo dei luoghi incontrati da o ben note a loro, che danno quell 'wish list' il potenziale per essere praticamente senza fondo.

Così, come fan di Michael siamo benedetti infatti per avere così tanti luoghi da visitare e vista e, occasionalmente, eventi a partecipare – alcuni di loro fan-generati. Tutti sono un testamento per l'uomo che tutti ammiriamo e amore, re del Pop incomparabile e re dei nostri cuori e la fonte di alcuni incredibili momenti di estasi personale come godiamo, condividere e celebrare la sua eredità.

Così dove, si potrebbe anche chiedere, 'agonia' proviene in esso? Immaginate se si vuole essere benedetto con la possibilità di vedere/frequentare alcuni di questi eventi e luoghi di pellegrinaggio, ma soffre le inevitabili restrizioni di tempo e risorse (cioè soldi) – significa che si possono vedere solo alcuni di loro.

Quanto più si arriva a conoscere un posto, e i più appassionati si incontrano, più che le cose si scopre da aggiungere alla tua lista. La frustrazione di essere da altra parte del mondo, con innumerevoli opportunità di camminare nelle orme di Michael, ancora non avendo il tempo o wherewithal a fare tutto, è qualcosa che certamente ho vissuto – come so di avere altri fan MJ itinerante.

È una sorta di dolce amaro di agonia: sapendo che hanno avuto il privilegio di un ampio grado, eppure sono caduti a corto il premio completo come nel caso di alcuni di noi (soprattutto noi ritardatari) chi ha mai visto Michael esibirsi dal vivo molto meno avuto la possibilità di incontrarlo.

Una performance live di Michael Jackson questo lato di Pearly Gates è ora un sogno irraggiungibile. Ma se, come me, avete una lista dei desideri' ' (o 'bucket list', se si preferisce) e sono un viaggiatore incallito, allora sono infatti molte le opzioni di indulgere in un pellegrinaggio MJ globale.

Un fatto per cui dico una sostanziosa ' grazie, Dio!'

E 'grazie, anche, a Michael.' Dopo tutto, è la determinazione di utilizzare e perfezionare il suo talento dato da Dio e la condivisione della sua filosofia e il messaggio di amore e di guarigione, che ha portato in questi monumenti MJ saltar fuori in tutto il pianeta negli ultimi quattro anni.
    Lungo potrebbe continuare, anche se questo significa non arrivare mai a fondo quell 'lista dei desideri'.

http://www.mjworld.net/news/2013/10/19/bei..._medium=twitter

0 replies since 19/10/2013, 14:05   54 views