‘Thrill The World’ Comes To Rwanda

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

‘Thrill The World’ Comes To Rwanda

Thrill The World,’ a worldwide acclaimed dance is on this Saturday at the New Papyrus restaurant. The event is a brain child of Amanda Emsland from Canada. Her dream is to see this event become annual on the social calendar. She explained more about the event in an Interview with Sarah Kwihangana.

Q. What is Thrill the World?

A. Thrill The World is a worldwide dance event in which groups of ‘zombies’ dance Michael Jackson’s iconic ‘Thriller’ choreography to raise money for charity, promote dance, spread love and joy to the community and honor the humanitarian and artistic efforts of the late pop star, Michael Jackson.

It began in 2006 in Toronto, Canada and has now spread to six continents, including Africa for the very first time this year. Each group hosting an event pays money to register, which goes to ‘Thrill The World’s charity of choice. Each group then has the option to raise money for a charity of their choice.

I have chosen a local children’s traditional dance group called Inkondo Z’incamihigo, (small but strong!).

Q. Tell us more about this group and how they will benefit from this event?

A. I met a local young man named Gilbert Rutaremara. Rutaremara is an orphan who has supported himself through his gift and talent for dance.

He teaches traditional dance to a group of 25 local boys and girls in Kacyiru called Inkondo Z’incamihigo. The group practices 2-3 times a week wherever they can and they perform at hotels and weddings.

We believe that fostering self-reliance through providing tools is the best way to build confidence and trust in oneself.

All the money raised through the dance practice sessions, fundraising and donations will go to the group to help them with whatever they need to keep them dancing. Some of the members have no parents, no home and no support while others have families, schooling and support systems.

Q. What message do you want to send out through hosting Thrill The World?

A. My hope is that the spirit of Michael Jackson is conveyed through hosting this event. I am a huge fan and fully believe in his message of love and giving back to others. I believe in following our hearts and using our natural talents to make a change in the world.

I would love for the kids involved to witness what they are capable of achieving when they commit to helping themselves. They are making changes in their lives by accepting the gifts that present themselves, however small. This fosters a belief in them, which will build on their self-worth and self-esteem.

Q. How can one be a part of this event?

A. There are many ways to be a part of this event including being a dancer, a volunteer, a spectator, or a donor. I need help in many areas from registration to IT to face painting supplies! If you want to be a dancer, the first step is to learn the dance.

There are many practice sessions from now until the event and they are by donation, or you can pay a onetime registration fee of Rwf5000 to register for the event and attend every class from now until the big day.

TRADUZIONE:

'Brivido del mondo' arriva al Ruanda

Brivido The World,' un ballo acclamato in tutto il mondo è questo Sabato presso il ristorante nuovo papiro. L'evento è un bambino di Amanda Emsland dal Canada. Suo sogno è di vedere questo evento diventato annuale del calendario sociale. Lei ha spiegato più circa l'evento in un'intervista con Sarah Kwihangana.

D. Qual è l'emozione del mondo?

A. Thrill The World è un evento di danza in tutto il mondo in cui gruppi di 'Zombie' ballano iconica coreografia di 'Thriller' di Michael Jackson per raccogliere fondi per beneficenza, danza di promuovere, diffondere amore e gioia nella Comunità e onorare gli sforzi umanitari e artistici di fine pop star, Michael Jackson.

Ha cominciato nel 2006 a Toronto, in Canada ed è ora diffusa in sei continenti, compresa l'Africa per la prima volta quest'anno. Ogni gruppo ospitando un evento paga i soldi per registrare, che va a ' carità brivido del mondo della scelta. Ogni gruppo ha la possibilità di raccogliere fondi per beneficenza di loro scelta.

Ho scelto un locale gruppo di bambini danza tradizionale chiamato Inkondo Z'incamihigo, (piccolo, ma forte!).

Q. Diteci di più su questo gruppo e come essi potranno beneficiare di questo evento?

R. io incontrato un giovane locale di nome Gilbert Rutaremara. Rutaremara è un orfano che ha sostenuto lo stesso attraverso il suo dono e un talento per la danza.

Insegna danza tradizionale ad un gruppo di 25 ragazzi locali e ragazze nel Kacyiru chiamavano Inkondo Z'incamihigo. Il gruppo pratiche 2 - 3 volte a settimana, ovunque si può e si esibirà presso Alberghi e matrimoni.

Crediamo che promuovere la fiducia in se stessi attraverso fornendo strumenti sia il modo migliore per costruire la fiducia e la fiducia in se stessi.

Tutto il denaro raccolto attraverso le sessioni di pratica di danza, raccolta fondi e donazioni andrà al gruppo per aiutarli con qualunque cosa di cui hanno bisogno per tenerli ballando. Alcuni membri hanno senza genitori, senza casa e senza supporto, mentre altri hanno famiglie, scolarizzazione e sistemi di supporto.

D. quale messaggio volete inviare attraverso il brivido del mondo di hosting?

A. la mia speranza è che lo spirito di Michael Jackson viene convogliato attraverso ospitare questo evento. Io sono un grande fan e credo pienamente nel suo messaggio di amore e dando indietro agli altri. Credo che in seguito i nostri cuori e usando i nostri talenti naturali per fare un cambiamento nel mondo.

Mi piacerebbe per i bambini coinvolti, a testimonianza di ciò che essi sono in grado di raggiungere quando commettono ad aiutare se stessi. Sono apportare modifiche nelle loro vite accettando doni che presentano, per quanto piccolo. Questo favorisce una credenza in loro, che si baserà sulla loro autostima e la stima di sé.

D. come può uno essere parte di questo evento?

A. ci sono molti modi per essere una parte di questo evento, tra cui essere un ballerino, un volontario, uno spettatore o un donatore. Ho bisogno di aiuto in molte zone dalla registrazione ad esso per affrontare la pittura forniture! Se vuoi essere un ballerino, il primo passo è imparare la danza.

Ci sono molte sessioni di pratica, da ora fino a quando l'evento e sono di donazione, o si può pagare una tassa di iscrizione una tantum di Rwf5000 registrati per l'evento e partecipare ad ogni classe da ora fino al grande giorno.

http://www.mjworld.net/news/2013/10/25/thr...omes-to-rwanda/

0 replies since 1/11/2013, 08:48   40 views