Never-before heard audio clip from ‘In The Studio With Michael Jackson’ seminar emerges!

« Older   Newer »

1.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Never-before heard audio clip from ‘In The Studio With Michael Jackson’ seminar emerges!
    by DAMIEN SHIELDS posted on OCTOBER 26, 2013
    Share Button

brad-sundberg-michael-jackson

Listen to the full clip below:

“Like a Rolling Stone. Like the FBI. Like the CIA,” sings Michael Jackson on a just-released, never-before heard audio clip taken by the King of Pop’s ex-studio technical director and engineer, Brad Sundberg.

Sundberg generously shared the clip with a Swedish radio program earlier this week. It is just one of the countless unreleased Michael Jackson moments that feature as part of Sundberg’s ‘In The Studio With MJ’ seminar, which is set to make its next stop in Toronto, Canada next month.

“Sounds familiar,” comments Bill Bottrell of Jackson’s rendition. “John Lennon,” responds Jackson. “Like the BBC. BB King… And Doris Day,” he continues. “They called it ‘Can Ya Dig it’. It’s like a little short piece. Like a transitional thing. He’s just screamin’ out stuff.”

(Check out “Dig It” by The Beatles by clicking here)

The newly-released clip, which is featured in full below, we hear Jackson candidly discussing the technology and hardware in recording studios with Sundberg and Bottrell, and how things had (and hadn’t) changed since he started his recording career more than 25 years earlier.

“Do you think they’ll always have those big tapes like that?” Jackson asks. “Do you think they’ll ever do away [with them]? I feel like they’ve been that big and that heavy ever since I’ve been workin’ in studios. [But] everything else’s changed! And all these cord things; I’m shocked that hasn’t changed."

On its own the clip is just a bit of chatter between Jackson and his studio buddies. However, in the grander scheme of things, the clip is very significant.

During the clip Jackson suggests that he and Bottrell have a jam session, with Bottrell on electric guitar and Jackson on vocals.

“I’m tellin’ you it would be neat for you to sometime just hook up your electric guitar or whatever and and just start playin’, and get me a mic… Out of the moment, you know, which would be really, really fun. A lot of magic is created out of the moment like that. It really is.”

The King of Pop wanted to make “magic” – and within hours, he’d done it.

What started out as a draft for a possible dance track, with a drum beat programmed to play while Jackson sang and Bottrell played guitar, quickly turned into one of Jackson’s most popular rock tracks – “Give In To Me”.

Watch Michael Jackson’s official short film for “Give In The Me” below:

“Give In To Me”, which features Slash on guitar, was released as part of Michael Jackson’s ‘Dangerous’ album in November 1991. It reached the Top 10 in at least nine countries around the world – including New Zealand where it spend 4 weeks at #1, and the UK and Ireland where it peaked at #2. The track, on which Bottrell is rightfully credited as co-writer, was never officially released as a single in North America or Asia.

During his ‘In The Studio With MJ’ seminars Brad Sundberg shares an edited-down 15-minute version of the the two-hour collaborative jam session between Jackson and Bottrell, allowing fans the privilege of listening to the King of Pop’s creative process and experiencing his genius in full swing.

Click here to book tickets to the highly-anticipated Toronto seminar, which takes place between 12 noon and 7pm at D. C. Music Studios on November 23rd, 2013.

Will You Be There? Discuss below…
    http://www.damienshields.com/never-before-...eminar-emerges/

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    traduzione google

Clip audio mai sentito prima da 'in studio con Michael Jackson' seminario emerge!
    da DAMIEN SHIELDS posted on 26 OTTOBRE 2013
    Pulsante Share

"Like a Rolling Stone. Come l'FBI. Come la CIA ", canta Michael Jackson su un appena pubblicato, mai-prima clip audio sentito preso dal Re del direttore del Pop ex-studio tecnico e ingegnere, Brad Sundberg.

Sundberg ha generosamente condiviso la clip con un programma radiofonico svedese all'inizio di questa settimana. E 'solo uno dei tanti inediti di Michael Jackson momenti che caratterizzano come parte del Sundberg' in studio con MJ 'seminario, che si appresta a fare la sua prossima tappa a Toronto , in Canada il prossimo mese.

"Suona familiare", commenta Bill Bottrell di rendition di Jackson. "John Lennon", risponde Jackson. "Come la BBC. BB King ... e Doris Day, "continua. "La chiamavano 'Può Ya Dig it'. E 'come un piccolo pezzo breve. Come una cosa transitoria. E 'solo roba fuori Screamin'. "

(Check out "Dig It" dei The Beatles, cliccando qui )

La clip appena rilasciato, che è descritto qui di seguito, abbiamo sentito Jackson candidamente discutere la tecnologia e l'hardware in studi di registrazione con Sundberg e Bottrell, e di come le cose dovevano (e non aveva) cambiato da quando ha iniziato la sua carriera discografica più di 25 anni prima.

"Pensi che avranno sempre quei grossi nastri così?" Jackson chiede. "Pensi che faranno mai fare di distanza [con loro]? Mi sento come sono stati così grande e pesante che mai da quando sono stato Workin 'negli studi. [Ma] tutto il resto è cambiato! E tutte queste cose spinale;. Sono scioccato che non è cambiato "

Ascolta l'intera clip qui sotto:

Di per sé la clip è solo un po 'di chiacchiere tra Jackson ei suoi compagni di studio. Tuttavia, nello schema più grandioso delle cose, la clip è molto significativo.

Durante la clip Jackson suggerisce che lui e Bottrell hanno una jam session, con Bottrell alla chitarra elettrica e Jackson alla voce.

"Io sto dicendo 'si sarebbe pulito per voi per qualche tempo Basta collegare la chitarra elettrica o qualsiasi altra cosa ed e giusto iniziare playin', e mi arriva un microfono ... Fuori del momento, si sa, che sarebbe davvero, davvero divertimento. Un sacco di magia è creato fuori del momento come quello. E 'davvero. "

Il Re del Pop ha voluto fare "magia" - e in poche ore, l'aveva fatto.

Ciò che era iniziato come un progetto per una possibile pista da ballo, con un tamburo battere programmato per giocare, mentre Jackson ha cantato e suonato la chitarra Bottrell, rapidamente trasformato in una delle più popolari rock di Jackson tracce - "Give In To Me".

Cortometraggio ufficiale di orologio Michael Jackson per "Give In Me" qui sotto:

"Give In To Me", che dispone di Slash alla chitarra, è stato rilasciato come parte di album di Michael Jackson 'Dangerous' nel novembre 1991. Ha raggiunto la top 10 in almeno nove paesi di tutto il mondo - tra cui la Nuova Zelanda dove trascorrere quattro settimane al # 1, e nel Regno Unito e in Irlanda, dove ha raggiunto la posizione # 2. La pista, sulla quale Bottrell è giustamente accreditato come co-sceneggiatore, non è mai stato ufficialmente pubblicato come singolo in Nord America o in Asia.

Durante la sua 'in studio con MJ' seminari Brad Sundberg parti una versione modificata-down di 15 minuti della sessione di due ore di marmellata di collaborazione tra Jackson e Bottrell, permettendo agli appassionati il ​​privilegio di ascoltare il re del processo creativo di Pop e sperimentare il suo genio in pieno svolgimento.

Clicca qui per prenotare i biglietti per l'attesissimo Toronto seminario, che si svolge tra le ore 12 e 19:00 in Musica DC Studios il 23 novembre 2013.

Will You Be There? Discutete qui di seguito ...

0 replies since 28/10/2013, 16:32   70 views