Insurers Breath A Sigh Of Relief After Jackson Verdict

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Insurers Breath A Sigh Of Relief After Jackson Verdict

Insurers were expecting to receive claims of up to $US500 million from Anschutz Entertainment Group Live ‘AEG Live’ had Michael Jackson’s family been successful in their lawsuit against the tour promoter over his 2009 death.

(Newswire.net -- October 14, 2013) Brisbane, QLD -- Insurers were expecting to receive claims of up to $US500 million from Anschutz Entertainment Group Live ‘AEG Live’ had Michael Jackson’s family been successful in their lawsuit against the tour promoter over his 2009 death.

The Jacksons wanted AEG Live to pay $US85 million ($A90.9 million) to each of the star's three children for emotional loss, and an unspecified amount for economic losses, estimated at up to $US1 billion ($A1.067 billion).

Tim Kelly of RGIB Insurance Broking said “Insurers have already paid out more than $US50 million to refund tickets and losses of deposits paid to venues and service providers booked for the Michael Jackson concerts, so a hit to the market of that magnitude might have led to an increase in ticket prices worldwide”.

Special Event insurance is dominated by Lloyds of London with annual premiums of expected to reach $US1 billion ($A1.067 billion) by the end of 2013.

Pre sales of tickets months ahead of a tour puts the tour promoter at risk if something goes wrong and the tour can’t proceed. With huge infrastructure costs paid in advance, the tour promoter rarely has sufficient funds left to refund tickets hence their reliance on insurance.

Some bands are notorious for their unreliability whereas the Rolling Stones have never failed to play a concert in their almost 50 years of performing but, as one international underwriter recently quipped at an RGIB conference on special event insurance, “Mr Jagger isn’t getting any younger, something has to give”.

One of the busiest artists in the world Andre Rieu takes a massive entourage of leading performance artists with him all over the world which presents a unique set of risks for insurance underwriters; especially in circumstances where a concert is held outdoors and subject to the whims of whether.

Pluvious insurance (rain insurance) is one of the oldest forms of cover for the entertainment industry; and with open air concerts planned for the summer months anything can go wrong and spectacularly so.

According to statistics Michael Jackson’s death has been a wake up call for tour operators with the number of operators seeking special event insurance more than doubling since 2009.

RGIB Insurance Broking is one of Australasia’s leading insurance brokers for special events handling everything from local tours to international concert events. Tim Kelly says’ “the trend is to ensure policies cover ‘consequential losses’ in case something pops up down the track like it has in the Jackson matter.

TRADUZIONE:

Assicuratori respiro un sospiro di sollievo dopo il verdetto Jackson

Gli assicuratori si aspettavano di ricevere reclami di fino a $US500 milioni di Anschutz Entertainment Group Live 'AEG Live' famiglia di Michael Jackson avuto successo nel loro querela contro i promoter del tour sulla sua morte 2009.

(Newswire.net - 14 ottobre 2013) Brisbane, QLD - assicuratori si aspettavano di ricevere reclami di fino a $US500 milioni di Anschutz Entertainment Group Live 'AEG Live' famiglia di Michael Jackson avuto successo nel loro querela contro i promoter del tour sulla sua morte 2009.
    Il Jacksons voluto AEG Live a pagare $US85 milioni (A90.9 milioni di $) per ciascuno dei tre figli della stella per perdita emotiva e una quantità non specificata per le perdite economiche, stimata fino a $US1 miliardi ($A1.067 miliardo).
    Tim Kelly di intermediazione assicurativa RGIB detto "Assicuratori hanno già pagato più di $US50 milioni di rimborsare i biglietti e le perdite di depositi versati a locali e fornitori di servizi prenotati per i concerti di Michael Jackson, quindi un colpo al mercato di tale portata potrebbe hanno portato ad un aumento dei prezzi dei biglietti in tutto il mondo".
    Assicurazione speciale evento è dominato dai Lloyds di Londra con premi annuali di dovrebbe raggiungere $US1 miliardi ($A1.067 miliardo) entro la fine del 2013.
    Pre vendita di mesi biglietti davanti a un tour mette il promotore tour a rischio se qualcosa va storto e il tour non può procedere. Con costi infrastrutturali enormi pagati in anticipo, il promotore del tour ha raramente sufficienti fondi destinati a rimborsare i biglietti quindi loro affidamento sull'assicurazione.
    Alcune bande sono noti per la loro inaffidabilità mentre i Rolling Stones non hanno mai mancato di esibirsi in un concerto in loro quasi 50 anni di esecuzione ma, come uno internazionale sottoscrittore ha scherzato recentemente in una conferenza RGIB sull'assicurazione speciale evento, "Signor Jagger non è sempre ringiovanendo, qualcosa deve dare".
    Uno degli artisti più attivi del mondo Andre Rieu prende un enorme entourage dei principali artisti di prestazioni con lui in tutto il mondo che presenta un set unico di rischi per i sottoscrittori di assicurazioni; soprattutto in circostanze dove è tenuto un concerto all'aperto e soggetto ai capricci della se.
    Pluvious insurance (assicurazione pioggia) è una delle più antiche forme di copertura per l'industria di intrattenimento; e con concerti all'aperto previsti per i mesi di estate qualcosa può andare storto e spettacolarmente così.
    Secondo le statistiche, morte di Michael Jackson è stato una sveglia per tour operator con il numero di operatori che cercano di assicurazione speciale evento più che raddoppiato dal 2009.
    RGIB Insurance Broking è uno dei principali mediatori per eventi speciali, movimentazione tutto da tour locali per eventi concertistici internazionali dell'Australasia. Tim Kelly dice ' "la tendenza è di assicurare politiche di copertura 'conseguenti' nel caso in cui qualcosa si apre lungo la pista come ha nella materia Jackson.

http://www.newswire.net/newsroom/pr/000774...ath-a-sigh.html

0 replies since 14/10/2013, 16:40   65 views