1.     +1   Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

We Care About Us

by Syl mortilla

8750128michael-jackson

Prior to the verdict, there was a poll on a Michael Jackson website asking who was responsible for hiring Conrad Murray. The results of the poll, considering the context in which it was set, were obviously in favour of the Jacksons, and had AEG as responsible – by 95%. A similar poll running on a, let’s say, more objective website had the figure at more or less even.

Regardless of the context these polls are set in, they are important. It’s easy to get complacent, jaded or apathetic about these things, but who else is going to vote for Michael other than his fans? The results of these polls are all significant in the grand scheme of protecting Michael’s legacy.

The last blog post led to accusations by some of me being divisive with regards my stance on the Estate and the beLIEvers. I don’t ask anyone to agree with me, and I’ll opine however I choose. The Voice As One Michael Jackson anti-defamation group I instigated was inspired by the idea of uniting all factions of fans against our biggest common enemy, the defamatory press. After the verdict being reached in AEG’s favour, It is now going to be open season for slanderous articles about Michael. To be organised against these assaults is precisely the reason that Voice As One was created. Our job is all the more important in the light of the attitude of the Estate, evidenced by their refusal to pursue their Press Complaints Commission claim against UK tabloids.

This coming Sunday, there are two mass protests against the Daily Mail in the UK: one in London, the other in Manchester, both starting at 12 noon BST.

The idea is that whoever you are, if you’ve been a victim of the Daily Mail’s hate, you should participate in the protest. This will be a huge event with people attending from all over the UK. As MJ fans we have had more than our fair share of hate from them, and I feel we should be represented. I’m going to the Manchester rally. If someone can arrange to organise a group for the London one, please do so through

https://www.facebook.com/groups/voiceasone/?fref=ts The details of both rallies can be found on the People’s Assembly Facebook page, here: https://www.facebook.com/events/247553875396192/?fref=ts
    Come along if you can. If not, a mass, synchronised email bombardment is also being arranged to coincide with the rallies. The email addresses are
    [email protected] [email protected]
    Write whatever you like in them. The time to send is 12 noon BST.

So attend the rallies, send your emails, vote in your polls. These toils are a glorious and vast expression of true love; of our indefatigable defence of a man that touched us all so positively with his message of innocence. That is what matters. They killed him, but they made him so much more. Let’s forget the community factions in the fight against defamatory media. They might not care about us, but we most certainly do.

Source: http://sylmortilla.com/2013/10/04/we-care-about-us/

** Traduzione a breve

2.     +1   Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

A noi importa chi siamo

by Syl Mortilla

Prima del verdetto, su un sito di Michael Jackson è stato fatto un sondaggio che chiedeva chi era responsabile di aver assunto Conrad Murray. I risultati del sondaggio, considerando il contesto in cui è stato presentato( MJJCommunity n.d.r), erano ovviamente a favore dei Jacksons, e ha visto AEG LIVE responsabile in percentuale al 95%. Un sondaggio simile presentato in un sito- diciamo più obbiettivo-avrebbe dato più o meno lo stesso risultato.

Indipendentemente dal contesto in cui questi sondaggi vengono presentati, che non è importante, sarebbe facile compiacersi tranquillamente di questi risultati , ma invece chiediamoci: chi altro è andato a votare oltre ai fans di Michael Jackson? I risultati di questi sondaggi sono piuttosto significativi, pensati nello schema e desiderio di voler proteggere l'eredità di Michael.

Il mio ultimo articolo, parlava dei reclami che ho ricevuto da fazioni divise circa il ruolo dell'Estate e dai believers. Non chiedo a nessuno di loro di essere daccordo con me, e io ho risposto, facendo una scelta. A un gruppo che si sta occupando di una legge contro la diffamazione di Michael Jackson ho tuttavia suggerito e proposto di unire tutte le fazioni di fan contro il nostro più grande nemico comune, la stampa diffamatoria. Dopo il verdetto a favore di AEG, sta per aprirsi la caccia agli articoli diffamatori su Michael. Per poter essere maggiormente organizzati è stato creato questo gruppo : Voice As One . Il nostro lavoro è tanto più importante alla luce dell'atteggiamento dell'Estate, che dimostra il loro rifiuto a perseguire i reclami, non ultimo quello presentato alla Press Complaints Commission ,poi non perseguito.
    Domenica prossima, ci saranno due proteste in massa contro il Daily Mail nel Regno Unito: una a Londra e l'altra a Manchester, a partire dalle ore 12 (CET).

L'idea è che a prescindere da chi sei, se sei stato una vittima dell'odio del Daily Mail, è necessario partecipare alla protesta. Questo sarà un grande evento con moltissimi partecipanti da tutto il Regno Unito. Come fan di MJ abbiamo ricevuto la nostra grossa fetta di odio, e mi sento che pertanto dovremmo essere rappresentati. Sto andando al raduno di Manchester. Se qualcuno può organizzare altri gruppi per riunire le persone in altre città , fatelo attraverso il gruppo FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/voiceasone . I dettagli di entrambe le manifestazioni si possono trovare sulla loro pagina pubblica: https://www.facebook.com/events/247553875396192/?fref=ts

Venite, se avete modo. In caso contrario, se non potete è stato organizzato un bombardamento in massa di email da inviare in concomitanza con i raduni. Gli indirizzi e-mail sono: [email protected] e [email protected] . Potete scrivere quello che volete. Dalle 12 di domenica.

Frequentare i raduni, inviare email, votare i sondaggi. Queste partecipazioni sono l'espressione di quanto è vasto il nostro amore, e quanto sia ferrea la nostra instancabile difesa di un uomo che ha toccato tutti noi in modo positivo con il suo messaggio di innocenza. Questo è ciò che conta. Lo hanno ucciso, ma fanno ancora di peggio. Lasciamo perdere le fazioni della comunità e uniamoci nella lotta contro la diffamazione dei media. A loro non importa niente di noi, ma a noi certamente si.

1 replies since 5/10/2013, 13:52   227 views