1.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Equanimity

by Syl Mortilla

mj_dangerous_specialedition

The image of PT Barnum’s head on the front cover of the Dangerous album is often confused with that of renowned Satanist, Aleister Crowley. I’m not sure whether this mistake is down to the malicious marketing by some who insist on promoting Michael as being something he wasn’t (an active tactic to this very day of those supposed to be protecting Michael’s interests, but who are in fact Public Relations people employed to pretend to be fans, infiltrate and artificially attempt to sway the community consensus. You know who you are, and so do we), or whether it is another byproduct of Michael’s self-concocted mist of enigma that granted the opportunity to some unscrupulous individuals to cynically manipulate vulnerable minds into the creation of the BeLIEver movement (Pearl Junior, I’m looking at you). Michael’s continuing unrivalled ability to stoke the imagination is also evidenced by the mysterious recent surfacing of the website www.atruthuntold.com. It is merely a website featuring a close-up of Michael’s eyes and the words ‘Coming Soon’, yet it has managed to inspire a massive amount of internet chatter.

Certainly, the promotional campaign for the Dangerous album did little to disassociate Michael from the Occult, what with David Lynch, fresh from the supernatural horror TV Series Twin Peaks, employed to direct the Dangerous teaser, with its surreal idea of Michael’s head emerging from a fiery pit and approaching the viewer by floating over a barren, hellish landscape, and finally settling, again, on a close-up of Michael’s eyes. Then, as well as all this, prior to Michael’s entrance on the stage during the Dangerous Tour, Orff’s connotation-laden classic Carmina Burana was played as the soundtrack to the idol-worship announcement video, Brace Yourself.

Perhaps Michael had remembered the controversy and hence publicity stirred by the Thriller video, which meant his having to include a disclaimer about the film not endorsing a belief in the Occult. Though rumours would persist, with one even claiming Michael had utilised the services of a witch doctor to enact revenge on Steven Spielberg, after Spielberg had reneged on a deal in which Michael would be involved in the Dreamworks SKG venture (they even stole the image of the boy on the crescent moon that Michael had created as the logo for Neverland).

Indeed, in response to the 1993 allegations, Michael once more returned to the supernatural for inspiration, again turning himself into the ghoul, but this time to frighten the oppressive village mayor, playing the role of obsessive District Attorney, Tom Sneddon in the grand analogy of the victimisation of Michael Jackson. As well, in the song D.S., the repetitive occultist chant dictating that “Tom Sneddon is a cold man” is finally brought to a close by the sound of a gunshot. Michael understood that millions of people would be singing along. Tom Sneddon had attempted to systematically annihilate Michael Jackson. It was Tom Sneddon’s turn to be scared.

Along with the love of their mother, animals, children, cartoons and theme parks, the supernatural is another on the limited list of interests of the ten-year old boy; as is an acute sense of injustice and the need to rectify it. Whatever dabbling with the supernatural Michael may have done, it carries the air of a ten-year old’s naivety. And certainly not the really rather real and sinister intentions of self-serving pseudo-fans and cult-instigators.

To balance all this out, for every Scream there was a Smile (indeed, I see the HIStory album itself as a journey of catharsis), for every angry spit there was an ethereal melody (sometimes in the very same song – HIStory and Morphine, for example), and for every demonic entrance, there was an angel’s embrace. Michael understood equanimity. More than that, he embodied it.

And, in the same way, for every deceitful Tweet of Estate-sponsored terrorism, there is a counterbalance – it is us, the fans. And we embody him.

Source: http://sylmortilla.com/2013/09/24/equanimity/

Equanimità ( equanime, imparziale)

by Syl Mortilla

L'immagine della testa di PT Barnum sulla copertina dell'album Dangerous viene spesso confusa con quella del rinomato satanista, Aleister Crowley. Non sono sicuro se questo errore è stato causato dalle voci del marketing, da parte di alcuni che insistono sulla promozione di Michael come qualcosa che non era (una tattica perpetrata tutt'oggi da quelli che dovrebbero proteggere gli interessi di Michael, ma che sono in realtà persone impiegate per le relazioni pubbliche e per far finta di essere fan, infiltrati che utilizzano tattiche artificiose per ottenere il consenso della comunità. Sai chi sei, e anche noi), o se è un altro sottoprodotto di una sorta di autoindotto enigma fumogeno su Michael che ha ottenuto l'opportunità attraverso alcuni individui senza scrupoli, di manipolare cinicamente menti vulnerabili nella creazione di un movimento believers (Pearl Junior, sto guardando te). La capacità senza pari di Michael di alimentare l'immaginario continua ed è testimoniata anche dal misterioso e recente sito appena nato www.atruthuntold.com . Si tratta semplicemente di un sito web con un primo piano degli occhi di Michael e la parola 'Coming Soon', eppure è riuscito a suscitare una massiccia quantità di chiacchiere su internet.

Certo, la campagna promozionale per l'album Dangerous ha fatto poco per dissociare Michael dall' occulto, la creazione di David Lynch, fresco del successo per un horror soprannaturale nella serie TV" Twin Peaks", che venne assunto per dirigere il teaser di Dangerous, si apre con la sua idea surreale della testa di Michael che emerge da una fossa di fuoco e si avvicina allo spettatore galleggiando su un paesaggio infernale,per posizionarsi infine, ancora una volta, su un primo piano degli occhi di Michael. Poi, oltre a tutto questo, prima dell'ingresso di Michael sul palco durante il Dangerous Tour, la colonna sonora di Carmina Burana Beste ever O fortuna Carl off Video annunciava l'arrivo del video idolatria, preparatevi.

Forse Michael ricordava bene lo scalpore e quindi anche pubblicità suscitata dal video di Thriller, il che significava anche aver dovuto dichiarare un disclaimer, che il video non significava aderire ad una fede nell'occulto. Ma nonostante questo le voci continuavano a persistere, tramite anche chi andava sostenendo che Michael aveva utilizzato i servizi di uno stregone per vendicarsi di Steven Spielberg, dopo che Spielberg aveva rinnegato un accordo in cui Michael sarebbe stato coinvolto nella Dreamworks SKG venture (hanno anche rubato l'immagine del ragazzo sulla falce di luna che Michael aveva creato come logo per Neverland).

Infatti, in risposta alle accuse del 1993, Michael ancora una volta si è rivolto al soprannaturale per la sua ispirazione, trasformando di nuovo se stesso e diventando il demone, ma questa volta per spaventare il sindaco oppressivo del paese, interpretando il ruolo dell'ossessivo procuratore distrettuale Tom Sneddon nel grande analogia della vittimizzazione di Michael Jackson. Come pure, nella canzone DS, il ripetitivo occultista canta "Tom Sneddon è un uomo freddo" e continua a dirlo sino anche il suono si interrompe in uno sparo. Michael capì che milioni di persone l'avrebbero cantato. Tom Sneddon aveva tentato di annientare sistematicamente Michael Jackson. Ed era la volta di Tom Sneddon di essere spaventato.

Insieme con l'amore verso la propria mamma , gli animali, i bambini, i cartoni animati e i parchi a tema, il soprannaturale è un altro fra gli interessi limitati di un ragazzo di 10 anni , come lo è un senso acuto di ingiustizia e la necessità di porvi rimedio. Qualunque sia la ragione per cui Michael amava dilettarsi con il soprannaturale l'ha fatto con l'aria ingenua di un ragazzo di 10 anni. E certamente non con le intenzioni piuttosto reali e sinistre degli pseudo-fan interessati e dei cultori dell'investigazione.

Per bilanciare tutto questo, dopo ogni grido c'era un sorriso (anzi, non vedo l'album HIStory stesso come un percorso del catarsi), dopo ogni sputo arrabbiato c'era una melodia eterea (a volte nella stessa canzone - HIStory e Morphine, per esempio), e dopo ogni ingresso demoniaco, c'era l'abbraccio di un angelo. Michael capì l'"equanimità". ma più di questo, ha incarnato se stesso.

E, nello stesso modo, per ogni Tweet sullo stile terrorismo-sponsorizzato Estate, c'è un contrappeso - siamo noi, i fans. E noi lo incarniamo.

2.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Articolo in risposta a contestazione di quello precedente.. Syl risponde.. ovviamente..

Plants

by Syl Mortilla

chateau-default

I had a complaint about the blog last week. Someone suggested I had insulted Michael by comparing him to a ten-year old boy. I might be wrong, but to me, having the liberty to genuinely compare Michael to a ten-year old boy whilst defending him against accusations of spending too much time with children and dabbling in the supernatural is something of a relief. I got the impression the complaint was to do with my not having granted Michael the capability of masculine sexuality. As I have stated before (and why I invited the complainant to try reading other blog posts I’d written – but to no avail), I believe Michael had many facets to his character that he could retrieve at will, though his primary concern was the promulgation of a message of peace. Indeed, the true test of any great artist is the eventual achievement of a childlike quality in their work. Take Picasso, for example: what makes his work so exemplary is his ability to express complete visions and and feelings through a continuous line. Amongst many other examples, Michael’s songs Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough, Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ and They Don’t Care About Us all fit into this category. They all contain that element of the playground chant of a child.

Complaints are by no means an unusual occurrence, but normally the dissenting voices come from Public Relations people ostensibly utilised by the Estate to do precisely that; or else, the beLIEvers. The relative whereabouts on the spectrum of morality of the fertilisers and propagators of both these factions of the Michael Jackson fan community (Ivy and Pearl Junior, respectively) are difficult to pinpoint. Ivy, on the one hand, is provably qualified to Masters level in Marketing and Business Administration, with her ‘Research Interests’ listed as ‘Internet Marketing, Brand Equity, Effect of Marketing on Firm Value and Cross- Cultural Marketing’ – a flawless job description for the potential role of manipulating Michael Jackson fans via the medium of social networking, whilst Pearl Junior is indubitably highly adept at combining the phenomenon of banally ambiguous coincidence with the emotional manipulation of vulnerable people, for the good of lining her own dirty pockets.

Both factions, when it comes to this trial we’re all currently waiting to hear the verdict of, remain in the same boat. They both have political investments in the success of AEG. Ivy and the Estate have point-blank refused to support the Jackson family throughout the trial, whilst Pearl Junior and the beLIEvers claim that if AEG lose, Michael will never be able to come out of his hiding place, because he will be arrested and charged with fraud. Never mind that a man has been in jail for the past two years serving punishment for Michael’s involuntary manslaughter. Michael is not the fraud around here.

So, yeah. After this imminent verdict, us long-suffering Michael Jackson fans get to have to deal with the release of our hero’s killer on October 28th. Then, after that, next on the legal timeline that is the bane of being a Michael Jackson supporter, is June 2nd 2014, the month of the fifth anniversary of Michael’s death, when it’s decided whether or not Michael should be posthumously sued in a civil court for molesting Wade Robson. (By the way, remember that Press Complaints Commission claim filed by the Estate after UK tabloid The People rehashed an old and redundant story about the FBI having damning files involving Michael and children? Remember, printed by an AEG-sponsored newspaper at the height of AEG looking like fools During the trial? Turns out the Estate didn’t pursue the claim. They didn’t even respond to emails from the PCC.)

I suppose my point is that as true Michael Jackson fans, we have a duty to follow the light and fight the good fight. It’s easy to be distracted by the nefarious nonsense that has infiltrated the community, but it’s imperative that we aren’t. We have many ensuing battles to engage with and triumph in.

http://sylmortilla.com/2013/10/02/plants/

3.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Plants( Piante)

di Syl Mortilla

Ho ricevuto delle lamentele riguardo l'articolo della scorsa settimana. Qualcuno mi ha suggerito di aver insultato Michael, nell'averlo paragonato ad un bambino di dieci anni. Potrei sbagliarmi, ma per me, poter scegliere la libertà di confrontare davvero Michael con un bambino di dieci anni , mentre si difende dalle accuse di aver trascorso troppo tempo con dei bambini e si diletta con il soprannaturale, è una sorta di sollievo. Ho avuto l'impressione che il problema più che altro fosse il mio escludere o concedergli le capacità tipiche della sessualità maschile. Come ho detto prima (e per questo ho invitato chi ha esposto questo reclamo a leggersi prima i miei articoli precedenti- ma inutilmente), credo che Michael avesse dato al suo personaggio molte sfaccettature che poteva modificare a piacimento e di sua volontà, anche se la sua preoccupazione principale era la promulgazione di un messaggio di pace. In effetti, la vera sfida di ogni grande artista è l'eventuale raggiungimento di una qualità infantile nel suo lavoro. Prendiamo Picasso, per esempio: ciò che rende il suo lavoro così originale è la sua capacità di esprimere visioni complete e sentimenti globali in continuazione. Tra i molti altri esempi, canzoni di Michael come :Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and They Don't Care About Us, rientrano in questa categoria. Tutti contengono come elementi le emozioni di un bambino in un parco giochi.

Le lamentele , non sono un fatto insolito, ma di norma le voci in dissenso vengono da persone delle pubbliche relazioni apparentemente utilizzate dall'Estate per fare proprio questo, o anche, dai believers. L'ubicazione esatta, di questi spettri della moralità "fertilizzanti e propagatori "di queste due fazioni della community dei fan di Michael Jackson (Ivy e Pearl Junior, rispettivamente) è difficile da individuare. Ivy, da un lato, è dimostrabilmente qualificata con un master in Marketing e Business Administration, al quale si unisce un 'Interesse per la ricerca ' identificabile con nomi come 'Internet Marketing, Brand Equity, Effect of Marketing on Firm Value and Cross- Cultural Marketing '- un lavoro dall'impeccabile descrizione,per il suo potenziale ruolo di manipolatrice dei fans di Michael Jackson attraverso i social network, mentre Pearl Junior è indubbiamente molto abile nel combinare il fenomeno delle concidenze spesso banalmente ambigue ,con la manipolazione emotiva di persone vulnerabili, per il bene sopratutto delle sue tasche, sporche..

Entrambe le fazioni, e quando si tratta di questo processo siamo tutti in attesa di sentire il verdetto, rimangono sulla stessa sponda. Entrambi hanno interessi politici legati al successo di AEG. Ivy e l'Estate hanno rifiutato di sostenere la famiglia Jackson durante il processo, mentre Pearl Junior e i believers ,sostengono che se AEG perderà, Michael ,non sarà mai in grado di uscire dal suo nascondiglio, perché potrebbe essere arrestato e accusato di frode. Sembra non interessare invece dell'uomo che è in carcere da due anni condannato per omicidio colposo di Michael. Non vedono frode in questo.

Quindi, sì. Dopo l'imminente verdetto, quali fans di Michael Jackson dovremo affrontare il rilascio dell'assassino del nostro eroe, il 28 ottobre. Dopo di che, nell'agenda, ci sarà la rovina dell'essere un fan e sostenitore di Michael Jackson, e dover affrontare il 2 giugno 2014, mentre ricorre il quinto anniversario dalla sua scomparsa, di vederlo trascinato nuovamente in tribunale in una causa civile per aver molestato Wade Robson. (A proposito, ricordate che la Press Complaints Commission aveva ricevuto un reclamo dall'Estate, dopo che il tabloid britannico The People aveva riesumato una vecchia e ridondante storia su segreti file dell'FBI che coinvolgevano Michael e altri bambini? Ricordate che la notizia saltò fuori da un giornale sponsorizzato da AEG al culmine delle fasi importanti del processo contro AEG?E' venuto fuori che L'Estate non ha perseguito il reclamo. Non risponde nemmeno alle mail della PCC.)

La mia supposizione e il punto del discorso è che, quali veri fans di Michael Jackson, abbiamo il dovere di seguire la luce e combattere le giuste battaglie. E 'facile essere distratti dalle sciocchezze deleterie che si infiltrano nella comunità, ma è imperativo non farsene influenzare. Abbiamo molte successive battaglie nelle quali impegnarsi e nelle quali trionfare

2 replies since 24/9/2013, 21:48   59 views