Concert review: Diana Ross at Hard Rock Live

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Concert review: Diana Ross at Hard Rock Live

Pop music lovers rightfully swoon about Paul McCartney’s reverent treatment of Beatles classics in concert, a reaction that also would be appropriate at a Diana Ross show.

As influential as the Beatles were, it’s not too outrageous to argue that Ross contribution to music that an equally big deal. Her seminal 1960s work with the Supremes inspired both the Beatles and Michael Jackson, acts responsible for an enormous amount of pop culture in the second half of the 20th Century.

In a well-paced 90 minutes on Tuesday at Hard Rock Live, Ross offered a stylish overview of her long career. On paper, the set wasn’t much different from the singer’s previous shows in Central Florida, including a 2012 appearance at Universal’s Mardi Gras.

In reality, it unfolded with enough energy and production flourishes to seem like a particularly magic night.

“Look at you!” Ross gushed to the crowd in the opening moments. “I love you!”
    Adorned in a glittering red gown accented by an enormous matching cape, Ross expressed her love with an opening burst that featured “I’m Coming Out,” “More Today Than Yesterday,” “My World Is Empty Without You,” “Baby Love” and “Stop! In the Name of Love.”

“Do you remember this one?” Ross needlessly asked in the introduction to the latter. It was delivered with the signature hand gestures, which the audience also knew.

Ross, who doesn’t seem to realize she’s 69, was accompanied by a 12-member ensemble that featured a 4-piece horn section and trio of backing vocalists. The singers and musicians occupied an attractive, if understated, stage framed by what looked like six enormous crescent moons. Ross executed costume changes into four different shades of gowns and capes.

Hits such as “Touch Me in the Morning,” “Love Child,” “Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You’re Going To)” and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” were a reminder that pop songs don’t come any more durable.

Even better, Ross delivered a few expressive ballads that allowed her and the band to shine. “Don’t Explain,” from “Lady Sings the Blues,” was as gorgeous as the gowns.

"I Will Survive" was the flashy finale, but Ross returned (in casual slacks and jacket) for “Reach Out and Touch (Somebody’s Hand),” yet another chance to feel the love.

TRADUZIONE:

Recensione di concerto: Diana Ross al Hard Rock Live

Gli amanti della musica pop svenire giustamente circa il trattamento riverente di McCartney dei classici dei Beatles in concerto, una reazione che sarebbe anche opportuno uno show di Diana Ross.

Influenti come i Beatles erano, non è troppo scandaloso sostenere quel contributo di Ross alla musica che un altrettanto grande affare. Suo lavoro seminale negli anni ' 60 con le Supremes ispirato sia i Beatles e Michael Jackson, atti responsabili di una quantità enorme di cultura pop nella seconda metà del XX secolo.

In un ritmo ben 90 minuti martedì al Hard Rock Live, Ross ha offerto una panoramica elegante della sua lunga carriera. Sulla carta, il set non era molto diverso da spettacoli precedenti della cantante nella Florida centrale, compreso un aspetto 2012 presso Gras Mardi di Universal.

In realtà, esso si svolse con abbastanza energia e produzione fiorisce a sembrare una notte particolarmente magica.

"Guardate voi!" Ross sgorgato alla folla nei momenti di apertura. "Ti amo!"
    Ornata in un abito rosso scintillante, accentuato da un enorme del capo corrispondente, Ross espresse il suo amore con una raffica di apertura che ha caratterizzato "Sto venendo fuori," "Più oggi rispetto a ieri," "My World è vuota senza te," "Baby Love" e "Stop! In nome dell'amore."

"Ti ricordi questo?" Ross ha chiesto inutilmente nell'introduzione a quest'ultimo. Fu consegnato con gesti delle mani la firma, che sapeva anche il pubblico.

Ross, che sembra non rendersi conto che lei è 69, è stato accompagnato da un ensemble di 12 membri che ha caratterizzato una sezione fiati di 4 pezzi e il trio di cantanti di supporto. I cantanti e musicisti occuparono in un attraente, se sottovalutati, palcoscenico incorniciato da ciò che sembrava sei lune enormi. Ross eseguito cambi di costume in quattro diverse tonalità di abiti e mantelle.

Hit come "Touch Me in the Morning," "Amore bambino," "tema da mogano (fare tu sapere dove stai andando a)" e "Ain't No Mountain abbastanza alto" erano un ricordo che canzoni pop non vengono più durevole.

Ancora meglio, Ross ha consegnato alcune ballate espressive che ha permesso di lei e la band a brillare. "Non spiega," da "Lady Sings the Blues" è stato come splendida come gli abiti.

"I Will Survive" è stato il finale di appariscente, ma Ross restituito (in casual pantaloni e giacca) per "Raggiungere e toccare (di qualcuno mano)," un'altra possibilità di sentire l'amore.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainme...,0,7752301.post

0 replies since 4/9/2013, 06:52   101 views