« Older   Newer »

1.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Anesthesiologist: Michael Jackson recruited me to help with insomnia
    By Alan Duke, CNN

August 22, 2013 -- Updated 1153 GMT (1953 HKT)

130401112347-katherine-jackson-horizontal-gallery
    Katherine Jackson: Michael's mother, 82, was deposed for nine hours over three days by AEG Live lawyers. As the guardian of her son's three children, she is a plaintiff in the wrongful death lawsuit against the company that promoted Michael Jackson's comeback concerts. Katherine Jackson: Michael's mother, 82, was deposed for nine hours over three days by AEG Live lawyers. As the guardian of her son's three children, she is a plaintiff in the wrongful death lawsuit against the company that promoted Michael Jackson's comeback concerts.

Los Angeles (CNN) -- MIchael Jackson and Dr. Conrad Murray tried to recruit an anesthesiologist to join them on his comeback tour, according to testimony in the AEG Live wrongful death trial.
    Murray arranged the meeting in March 2009 in which Jackson asked Dr. David Adams to travel with him to London, Adams testified.
    Adams said that after he offered to take the job for $100,000 a month guaranteed for three years, Murray stopped communicating with him.
    "I texted basically, you know, 'what's going on, I'm on board," Adams said. "And no response."
    Just weeks later Murray accepted an offer from an AEG Live executive to be Jackson's personal physician on his "This Is It" tour for $150,000 a month.
    MIchael Jackson's ex-wife cries on stand Did Debbie Rowe's testimony help? Paris Jackson's deposition Prince Jackson testifies against AEG
    Murray told investigators he began infusing Jackson with the surgical anesthetic propofol to treat his insomnia in April, a treatment that eventually killed the pop icon.
    Debbie Rowe: Paris Jackson 'has no life' since father's death
    Jurors in the trial of Jackson's last concert promoter viewed the video depositions of Adams and two other witnesses Wednesday ahead of a six-day break in testimony.
    Jackson's mother and children are suing AEG Live, contending the company's executives negligently hired, retained or supervised Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's propofol overdose death.
    AEG Live's lawyers argue it was Jackson -- not its executives -- who chose and controlled Murray and that they had no way of knowing about the dangerous treatments he was giving the singer in the privacy of his bedroom.
    Jackson: 'Help me get my rest'
    Adams, who administered propofol to Jackson during cosmetic dental procedures in Las Vegas four times in 2008, said Jackson and Murray never told him what his duties would be if he took a job with the tour.
    "I said 'I don't sing and I really can't dance, so to do what?" Adams testified.
    "He says 'Well, you know, I'm entertaining, I'm jumping around, I'm doing this. Every once in a while I need an IV," Adams testified. "And he says 'I just need you to help me get my rest.' They were pretty vague, but on hindsight I know what they were talking about."
    Jackson and Murray, however, never mentioned that administering propofol or treating his insomnia would be one of his responsibilities on tour, the anesthesiologist testified.
    Jackson never asked him to do anything medically inappropriate, Adams said.
    Adams hinted that there was jealously on Murray's part when Jackson courted him for a tour job.
    "Murray really looked like he had just lost his best friend" when Jackson was discussing it, Adams said. "Oh, he was truly upset."
    Defense expert: Promoter didn't pressure Jackson's doctor
    Murray told CNN's Anderson Cooper in April that Michael Jackson had "his own stash" of propofol in his home before he began treating him with it.
    "I did not agree with Michael, but Michael felt that it was not an issue because he had been exposed to it for years and he knew exactly how things worked," Murray said. "And given the situation at the time, it was my approach to try to get him off of it, but Michael Jackson was not the kind of person you can just say 'Put it down' and he's going to do that."
    Jackson lawyers argue that AEG Live was negligent for not checking out Murray's distressed financial situation before agreeing to pay him $150,000 a month. It created a conflict of interest that led Murray to ignore safe practices and his responsibility to Jackson's health, they contend.
    AEG Live executives also ignored a series of red flags that should have warned them that Jackson's health was deteriorating under Murray's care and another doctor should have been called in, they argue.
    Adams was in a Las Vegas operating room on June 25, 2009, when he learned Jackson had died.
    "I texted Murray 'I'm sorry to hear what happened. Take care,'" he said. Murray never responded, he said.
    Dr. Murray's connection to Michael Jackson
    Murray did respond that night to a phone call from another Adams. Jeffrey Adams is the person who initially introduced him to Michael Jackson in February 2007 when the singer needed a doctor to treat one of his children in Las Vegas.
    Jeffrey Adams -- no relation to Dr. David Adams -- had known Murray for years and the cardiologist had treated his father's heart ailment in 2007. His video deposition was shown to jurors Wednesday morning.
    He testified that he called Dr. Murray to offer his help after he saw on television that Jackson had died.
    "I told him he had taken care of my father for me and I would be at his side until this situation was complete," Adams testified.
    Murray told him that night "he was going to need a lawyer," he said.
    He and Murray "did everything together" from June 26, 2009 --a day after Jackson's death -- until November 7, 2011 -- the day Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter, he said.
    Jeffrey Adams said he served as Murray's bodyguard for more than two years without pay.
    Despite his close relationship to Murray, Adams said he has not spoken to the doctor since he was put in handcuffs in the courtroom and taken to jail.
    Murray is expected to be released from jail on October 28, 2013 -- after serving two years of a four-year prison sentence, according to his lawyer.
    Doctor's competed to give Jackson painkillers, ex-wife says
    Murray and Jackson: "Seemed very odd"
    Murray's relationship with Michael Jackson "seemed very odd," according to Las Vegas plastic surgeon Dr. Stephen Gordon. Jurors also watched his video deposition Wednesday.
    "He presented himself as being Mr. Jackson's personal physician and spokesperson to some extent" when Murray accompanied Jackson on an appointment to have cosmetic filler put in his face on May 14, 2007, Gordon said.
    Gordon had treated Jackson several times four years earlier, but not when Murray was with him -- and he even wrote a $1,300 check to pay for the procedure, he said.
    "The whole situation seemed very odd and it didn't add up and that caused me not to fully trust the person," Gordon testified. "I felt like a successful cardiologist doesn't go around being somebody's private physician and speaking for them, in my experience."
    Jackson, however, appeared to be capable of dealing with doctors on his own, Gordon said. "He gave me the impression that he was used to telling doctors what he wanted them to do."
    Jackson personally called him in 2002 when he was looking for a doctor in Las Vegas to give him collagen and Botox treatments, he said.
    "At first I thought it was somebody playing a prank, one of my friends fooling around," Gordon said. He realized it really was the pop star when he called him back at his hotel -- asking for him under his alias "Michael Jefferson," he said.
    Wednesday was the 74th day of testimony on the trial, which the judge predicted would last another month.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/22/showbiz/...rial/?hpt=hp_t2

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    traduzione google

Anestesista: Michael Jackson mi ha reclutato per aiutare con l'insonnia

Los Angeles (CNN) - Michael Jackson e il dottor Conrad Murray ha cercato di reclutare un anestesista di unirsi a loro per il suo tour di ritorno, secondo la testimonianza nel processo omicidio colposo AEG Live.
    Murray ha organizzato la riunione del marzo 2009, in cui Jackson ha chiesto il Dr. David Adams di viaggiare con lui a Londra, Adams ha testimoniato.
    Adams ha detto che dopo si offrì di prendere il posto di lavoro per 100.000 $ al mese garantiti per tre anni, Murray smesso di comunicare con lui.
    "Ho mandato un messaggio in fondo, sai, 'quello che sta succedendo, io sono a bordo", ha detto Adams. "E nessuna risposta."
    Poche settimane più tardi Murray accettò un'offerta da un live esecutivo AEG per essere il medico personale di Jackson per il suo "This Is It" tour per 150 mila dollari al mese.
    Ex moglie grida di Michael Jackson su cavalletto Ha aiutato la testimonianza di Debbie Rowe? Deposizione di Paris Jackson Principe Jackson testimonia contro AEG
    Murray ha detto agli investigatori cominciò infondendo Jackson con il chirurgico propofol anestetico per curare l'insonnia in aprile, un trattamento che alla fine ha ucciso l'icona pop.
    Debbie Rowe: Paris Jackson 'non ha vita' dopo la morte del padre
    I giurati nel processo dello scorso promoter di concerti di Jackson hanno visto i video di deposizioni di Adams e di altri due testimoni Mercoledì prima di una pausa di sei giorni in una testimonianza.
    Madre e figli di Jackson hanno fatto causa AEG live, sostenendo i dirigenti della società per negligenza assunti, conservate o sono controllati Murray, che è stato condannato per omicidio colposo in propofol morte per overdose di Jackson.
    Gli avvocati di AEG in diretta sostengono che fosse Jackson - non i suoi dirigenti - che ha scelto e controllato Murray e che non avevano modo di sapere circa i trattamenti pericolosi stava dando il cantante nella privacy della sua camera da letto.
    Jackson: 'Aiutami a mio riposo'
    Adams, che ha somministrato il propofol a Jackson durante cosmetici procedure dentali di Las Vegas quattro volte nel 2008, ha detto Jackson e Murray non lo ha mai detto che cosa i suoi compiti sarebbero se ha preso un posto di lavoro con il tour.
    "Ho detto 'Io non canto e davvero non posso ballare, in modo di fare che cosa?" Adams ha testimoniato.
    "Lui dice 'Beh, sai, sto intrattenendo, sto saltando in giro, lo sto facendo. Ogni tanto un po' ho bisogno di una flebo," Adams ha testimoniato. "E dice 'Ho solo bisogno che mi aiuti a ottenere il mio riposo.' Erano piuttosto vago, ma il senno di poi so che cosa stavano parlando ".
    Jackson e Murray, però, mai menzionati che la somministrazione di propofol o curare la sua insonnia sarebbe una delle sue responsabilità in tour, l'anestesista ha testimoniato.
    Jackson non lo ha mai chiesto di fare nulla medicalmente inappropriato, Adams ha detto.
    Adams ha fatto capire che non vi era gelosamente da parte di Murray Jackson quando lui corteggiato per un lavoro tour.
    "Murray davvero sembrava che aveva appena perso il suo migliore amico", quando Jackson stava discutendo di esso, ha detto Adams. "Oh, è stato veramente sconvolto."
    Esperto di Difesa: Promotore non ha pressioni medico di Jackson
    Murray ha detto alla CNN Anderson Cooper nel mese di aprile che Michael Jackson aveva il "suo nascondiglio" di Propofol in casa sua prima di cominciare a trattarlo con esso.
    "Non ero d'accordo con Michael, ma Michael sentivo che non era un problema perché era stato esposto ad esso per anni e sapeva esattamente come funzionavano le cose", ha detto Murray. "E, data la situazione, al momento, è stato il mio approccio per cercare di fargli fuori di esso, ma Michael Jackson non era il tipo di persona che si può solo dire 'Metti giù' e ha intenzione di farlo."
    Jackson avvocati sostengono che AEG Live è stato negligente per non verificare in difficoltà la situazione finanziaria di Murray prima di accettare di pagare gli 150 mila dollari al mese. Ha creato un conflitto di interessi che ha portato Murray a ignorare le pratiche sicure e la sua responsabilità per la salute di Jackson, essi sostengono.
    AEG live dirigenti anche ignorato una serie di bandiere rosse che dovrebbero loro hanno avvertito che la salute di Jackson si stava deteriorando sotto le cure di Murray e un altro medico avrebbe dovuto essere chiamato a, sostengono.
    Adams era in una sala operatoria di Las Vegas il 25 giugno 2009, quando ha appreso Jackson era morto.
    "Ho mandato un sms Murray 'Mi dispiace di sentire che cosa è successo. Fate attenzione,'" ha detto. Murray non ha mai risposto, ha detto.
    Collegamento del dottor Murray a Michael Jackson
    Murray ha fatto rispondere che di notte per una telefonata da un altro Adams. Jeffrey Adams è la persona che inizialmente lo presentò a Michael Jackson nel febbraio 2007 quando il cantante aveva bisogno di un medico per il trattamento di uno dei suoi figli a Las Vegas.
    Jeffrey Adams - alcun rapporto con il dottor David Adams - aveva conosciuto Murray per anni e il cardiologo aveva trattato cuore malattia di suo padre nel 2007. Il suo video deposizione è stato mostrato ai giurati Mercoledì mattina.
    Ha testimoniato che il dottor Murray ha chiamato ad offrire il suo aiuto dopo aver visto in televisione che Jackson era morto.
    "Gli ho detto che aveva preso cura di mio padre, per me e vorrei essere al suo fianco fino a quando questa situazione è stata completa," Adams ha testimoniato.
    Murray gli ha detto quella notte ", ha avuto bisogno di un avvocato", ha detto.
    Lui e Murray "ha fatto tutto insieme", dal 26 giugno 2009 - un giorno dopo la morte di Jackson - fino al 7 novembre 2011 - il giorno Murray è stato condannato per omicidio colposo, ha detto.
    Jeffrey Adams ha detto che ha lavorato come guardia del corpo di Murray per più di due anni senza stipendio.
    Nonostante la sua stretta relazione con Murray, Adams ha detto che non ha parlato con il dottore da quando è stato messo in manette in aula e portato in carcere.
    Murray è previsto per essere rilasciato dal carcere il 28 ottobre 2013 - dopo aver scontato due anni di una condanna a quattro anni di carcere, secondo il suo avvocato.
    Medico di gara per dare Jackson antidolorifici, ex moglie dice
    Murray e Jackson: " S eemed molto strano "
    Rapporto di Murray con Michael Jackson "sembrava molto strano", secondo Las Vegas chirurgo plastico Dott. Stephen Gordon. I giurati anche guardato il suo video deposizione Mercoledì.
    "Si era presentato come medico personale di Michael Jackson e portavoce in qualche misura" quando Murray ha accompagnato Jackson su un appuntamento per avere riempimento cosmetico messo in faccia il 14 maggio 2007, ha detto Gordon.
    Gordon aveva trattato Jackson più volte quattro anni prima, ma non quando Murray era con lui - e ha anche scritto un 1300 dollari assegno per pagare per la procedura, ha detto.
    "L'intera situazione sembrava molto strano e non ci tornano e che mi ha causato non fidarsi completamente della persona", Gordon ha testimoniato. "Mi sentivo come un cardiologo di successo non va in giro di essere medico privato di qualcuno e parlare per loro, nella mia esperienza."
    Jackson, però, sembrava essere in grado di trattare con i medici per conto suo, ha detto Gordon. "Mi ha dato l'impressione di essere stato usato per raccontare i medici che cosa voleva che facessero."
    Jackson personalmente lo chiamò nel 2002, quando era alla ricerca di un medico a Las Vegas per dargli trattamenti di collagene e Botox, ha detto.
    "In un primo momento ho pensato che fosse qualcuno gioca uno scherzo, uno dei miei amici scherzare", ha detto Gordon. Si rese conto che in realtà era la pop star, quando lo ha richiamato al suo albergo - chiedendo per lui sotto il suo alias "Michael Jefferson," ha detto.
    Mercoledì è stato il giorno del 74esimo testimonianza sul processo, che il giudice predetto sarebbe durato un altro mese.

0 replies since 22/8/2013, 14:59   87 views