Creator of Michael Jackson tribute show says star helped from beyond

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Creator of Michael Jackson tribute show says star helped from beyond

The latest round of reports that Michael Jackson may have spent upwards of $35 million to silence two dozen kids he molested didn’t hamper the opening of his Vegas show this past weekend. Stars including Justin Bieber, Neil Patrick Harris and Allison Janney were in town Saturday to witness the debut of “Michael Jackson One.”

According to the show’s creator, celebrated choreographer Jamie King, its instant popularity is the result of the “Thriller”-singing star reaching out from beyond the grave to lend a gloved hand.

“I have sensed from the very beginning that Michael has been with me all along. I am not just the story creator and director, but I am the co-director with Michael,” King told Confidenti@l at opening night Saturday at the Michael Jackson Theatre.

“My intention from the very beginning was to create a show that Michael would have wanted to create himself, so I do not do that alone,” he said.

King told Confidenti@l he felt Jackson’s presence all around him during rehearsals.

“Absolutely,” he insisted. “I didn't make one decision that I felt Michael wouldn't have wanted. I almost get a nod that something is on the right track. It feels right.”

MJ’s mother, Katherine Jackson, shed tears during the opening performance while sitting with her grandchildren Prince and Blanket (aka Michael Jr.). The kids' sister, Paris, who last month attempted suicide, was not in the audience.

Sound designer Jonathan Deans confirmed that as he watched dress rehearsals, he could feel Jackson in the theater at the Mandalay Bay Resort.

“His presence is definitely here. You close your eyes and he’s in the room. Hopefully he will be sitting here saying, ‘This is great’,” Deans said.

The theater, built to house the show, has more than 5,400 surround-sound speakers. The show itself — a mix of acrobatics, dance and visuals exploring the King of Pop’s music and spirit — is one of Sin City’s hottest tickets.
    “It is spooky, and it’s like Michael is singing to you personally. I get chills,” King told us.

Asked if he’d consider working with aspiring actor Prince Jackson, King, who worked on “This Is It” before Jacko's death, said, "I don't know if I could do another Michael show. This was a lot. It was my own personal chance to say goodbye. ‘One’ is about celebrating the legacy of Michael, and creating new fans for generations to come."

Defining Jackson’s legacy is no doubt going to be complicated — with or without supernatural involvement.

Traduzione:

Mostra omaggio creatore di Michael Jackson dice stella ha aiutato di là

L'ultimo giro di rapporti che Michael Jackson potrebbe hanno speso più di $35 milioni a due dozzine di bambini che ha molestato il silenzio non ostacolare l'apertura del suo spettacolo Vegas lo scorso fine settimana. Stelle tra cui Justin Bieber, Neil Patrick Harris e Allison Janney erano in città sabato a testimoniare l'esordio di "Michael Jackson uno."

Secondo il creatore dello show, celebrata coreografo Jamie King, la sua popolarità istantanea è il risultato della stella "Thriller"-canto raggiungendo fuori from Beyond the grave a dare una mano guantata.

"Ho intuito fin dall'inizio che Michael è stato con me tutti insieme. Non sono solo il creatore di storia e direttore, ma io sono la co-regia con Michael,"re detto Confidenti@l alla serata di apertura sabato presso il teatro di Michael Jackson.

"Mia intenzione fin dall'inizio era quello di creare uno spettacolo che Michael avrebbe voluto creare se stesso, quindi non farlo da solo," ha detto.

Re detto Confidenti@l che si sentiva la presenza di Jackson tutti intorno a lui durante le prove.

"Assolutamente", ha insistito. "Non ho fatto una decisione che mi sentivo che Michael non avrebbe voluto. Ottenere quasi un cenno che qualcosa è sulla strada giusta. Si sente di destra."

Madre di MJ, Katherine Jackson, lacrime durante l'esibizione di apertura mentre era seduto con i suoi nipoti Prince e Blanket (aka Michael Jr.). Sorella di bambini, Parigi, che il mese scorso ha tentato il suicidio, non era tra il pubblico.

Sound designer Jonathan Deans ha confermato che mentre guardava le prove abito, lui poteva sentire Jackson in teatro presso il Mandalay Bay Resort.

"La sua presenza è sicuramente qui. Chiudete gli occhi e lui è nella stanza. Spero che egli sarà seduto qui dicendo: 'Questo è il grande',"ha detto Deans.

Il teatro, costruito per ospitare la mostra, ha più di 5.400 altoparlanti surround sound. Lo spettacolo stesso, un mix di acrobazie, danza e grafica esplorando del re del Pop musica e spirito — è uno dei biglietti più caldi di Sin City.

"È inquietante, ed è come se Michael è il canto a voi personalmente. Ho brividi,"re ci ha detto.

Chiesto se egli avrebbe considerato lavoro con aspirante attore Prince Jackson, King, che ha lavorato su "This Is It" prima della morte di Jacko, ha detto, "non so se potevo fare un altro show di Michael. Questo è stato molto. E ' stato mio personale possibilità di dire addio. "Uno' sta celebrando l'eredità di Michael e la creazione di nuovi fan per le generazioni a venire."

Definizione di eredità di Jackson non è dubbio sarà complicato — con o senza coinvolgimento soprannaturale.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/g...ksEnabled=false

0 replies since 1/7/2013, 14:11   45 views