Michael Jackson Sleep Issue Isn’t News: He Was Using Drugs for it in the 90s

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson Sleep Issue Isn’t News: He Was Using Drugs for it in the 90s

So much was made last week of Michael Jackson not sleeping for the last 60 days of his life. First of all, it was an overstatement. He may not have been sleeping at night, but he slept during the day. You may recall an interview I did with a long time friend of Michael’s who ran into him at Dr. Arnold Klein’s office one afternoon in May 2009. It was clear he was sleeping there. He also looked and felt great, very refreshed. http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/07/01/20090...54-arnold-klein

More to the point: one look at Frank Cascio’s excellent and revealing book, “My Friend Michael,” describes Jackson’s sleep problems, his use of Demerol and Propofol early on. Cascio was with him for a good part of the 90s into the early 2000s. I think, frankly, it undermines the testimony from last week. Cascio traveled with Jackson extensively, and knew all of his peccadilloes. His book lays out Jackson’s life in minute detail. I wonder if all the lawyers in the current case have read it.

Cascio wrote: “Now, on tour, and again in deep physical pain, Michael turned back to those drugs. Maybe he was simply following doctors’ orders: his adrenaline was so high after each show that it was the only way he could sleep. For all I really know, the treatments may have been his idea. However it came about, over time Michael began to rely on Demerol to wind down after the shows, and most likely to escape from the overwhelming stress, pressure, and responsibilities of his extraordinary life…How impossible it must have been to dial down from the hyper mode of the show to the complete calm of sleep….him. The doctor came, and then Michael went right to bed. I understood that he was taking medicine to help him go to sleep. I knew nothing about prescription pain medicine….

“…an anesthesiologist started showing up two or three times a week, some weeks, to help Michael sleep. I paid the man in cash, because all of Michael’s medical issues had to be kept from the public and their cost off the books. The doctor was perfectly straightforward with me. “What I do,” he said, “is put Michael to sleep for a couple of hours. Then I ease him out of sleep.” It was the same treatment I had witnessed after Michael’s accident in Munich. The doctor would set up equipment and an IV in Michael’s room, and would stay with him, the door closed, for about four hours. He said that the treatment was risky, but he assured me that he knew what he was doing…”

“On those nights, he couldn’t sleep unless this dangerous drug— the drug that would eventually kill him— was administered. For a long time I thought it was okay and normal. I didn’t think he had a drug problem. Over the years, I had grown accustomed to seeing doctors coming and going, particularly during tours, when Michael was under great stress and needed help falling asleep. I thought he was simply someone who had serious medical problems and used drugs to treat them.”

And this is just a little bit of it. The idea that AEG’s concert rehearsals caused Michael to lose sleep– and thereby be vulnerable to dying– doesn’t ring true. Not when you hear that Jackson was living like this for two decades.

Traduzione:

Michael Jackson Sleep problema non è la notizia: Egli è stato utilizzando farmaci per esso negli anni novanta

Tanto è stato fatto la settimana scorsa di Michael Jackson non dormire negli ultimi 60 giorni della sua vita. Prima di tutto, era un'esagerazione. Egli può stato non dormire di notte, ma lui dormiva durante il giorno. Si può ricordare un intervista che ho fatto con un amico di lunga data di Michael che correva verso di lui presso l'ufficio del Dr. Arnold Klein un pomeriggio in maggio 2009. Era chiaro che dormiva lì. Guardò anche e sentivo grande, molto aggiornata. http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/07/01/20090...54-Arnold-Klein

Più al punto: uno sguardo al libro eccellente e rivelatrice di Frank Cascio, "Il mio amico Michael," descrive i problemi di sonno di Jackson, il suo uso di Demerol e Propofol fin dall'inizio. Cascio è stato con lui per una buona parte degli anni novanta nel primi anni del 2000. Credo che, francamente, mina la testimonianza della scorsa settimana. Cascio viaggiato con Jackson e sapeva tutto del suo ad. Definisce il suo libro vita di Jackson nei minimi dettagli. Mi chiedo se tutti gli avvocati nel caso di corrente sono in grado di leggerlo.

Cascio ha scritto: "ora, il tour e nuovamente nel dolore profondo fisico, Michael tornò verso tali farmaci. Forse stava semplicemente seguendo gli ordini dei medici: sua adrenalina era così alto dopo ogni spettacolo che era l'unico modo che ha potuto dormire. Per tutto quello che so davvero, i trattamenti potrebbero essere stata la sua idea. Tuttavia è venuto circa, nel corso del tempo, Michael iniziò a Demerol si affidano al vento giù dopo gli spettacoli e molto probabilmente per sfuggire dallo stress opprimente, pressione e le responsabilità della sua straordinaria vita...Come Impossibile deve essere stato per comporre giù dalla modalità iper dello spettacolo per la completa tranquillità del sonno... lui. Il medico è venuto, e poi Michael è andato subito a letto. Ho capito che stava prendendo medicine per aiutarlo ad andare a dormire. Non sapevo nulla di medicina del dolore di prescrizione...

"... an anesthesiologist iniziato mostrando fino a due o tre volte a settimana, alcune settimane, per aiutare Michael a dormire. Ho pagato l'uomo in contanti, perché tutte le questioni mediche di Michael doveva essere mantenuto dal pubblico e loro costo fuori i libri. Il dottore era perfettamente semplice con me. "Cosa fare", ha detto, "è mettere Michael a dormire per un paio d'ore. Poi facilità lui fuori dal sonno." E ' stato lo stesso trattamento che avevo visto dopo l'incidente di Michael a Monaco di Baviera. Il medico avrebbe istituito attrezzature e un IV in camera di Michael e vorrei rimanere con lui, la porta chiusa, per circa quattro ore. Ha detto che il trattamento era rischioso, ma lui mi assicurò che sapeva quello che stava facendo..."

"Su quelle notti, egli non poteva dormire a meno che questo farmaco pericoloso — la droga che alla fine avrebbe ucciso lui — è stato somministrato. Per lungo tempo ho pensato che fosse giusto e normale. Non pensavo che aveva un problema di droga. Nel corso degli anni, avevo cresciuti abituato a vedere medici andare e venire, specialmente durante i tour, quando Michael era sotto grande stress e bisogno di aiuto ad addormentarsi. Ho pensato che fosse semplicemente qualcuno che ha avuto gravi problemi di salute e utilizzati farmaci per trattare la loro".

E questo è solo un po ' di esso. L'idea che le prove del concerto di AEG causato Michael a perdere sleep– e quindi essere vulnerabili a dying– non anello vero. Non quando si sente che Jackson stava vivendo come questo per due decenni.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/06/24/micha...r-it-in-the-90s

Edited by two4mj - 24/6/2013, 22:30

0 replies since 24/6/2013, 21:08   32 views