TRIAL-JACKSON FAM vs AEG LIVE ONLY NEWS

« Older   Newer »

1. giulhia
        Top   -1

User deleted

Who’s Bad? The Michael Jackson Attorney Who Allegedly Flipped His Adversary the Bird

MICHAEL JACKSON, O'MELVENY & MYERS, RUDENESS, TRIALS

20 Jun 2013 at 2:46 PM

By STACI ZARETSKY

BrianPanish

Brian Panish

When you’re handling a major trial with alleged damages in the millions, sometimes things can get pretty heated. Tempers can flare, ridiculous documents can be exchanged behind closed doors, and you might even threaten to enlarge someone’s [bleep]hole if you are f**ked with. As you can see, things can get out of hand pretty quickly.

And that’s what just happened in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial. You might think that attorneys in civil suits are capable of being civil to each other, but you’d be wrong.

Katherine Jackson’s lawyer, Brian Panish, allegedly felt the need to show the opposing attorney from AEG Live who was, in fact, bad…

First, we’ll give you some background on the case at hand. Michael Jackson’s mother and the King of Pop’s three children are suing AEG Live in a multimillion dollar wrongful death case. They claim that since AEG allegedly hired and controlled Dr. Conrad Murray, who was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, that the music and entertainment company is ultimately responsible for Jackson’s death.

Back to the drama, earlier this week, Brian Panish and Marvin Putnam of O’Melveny, AEG’s lawyer, were summoned into Judge Yvette Palazuelos’s chambers to discuss allegations that Panish made an “obscene gesture” at Putnam — and we’re not talking about an attempt to put La Toya Jackson of the Psychic Friends Network on the stand. The Los Angeles Times has the scoop from an edited transcript:

Palazuelos: “It’s been brought to my attention that there was been some gesturing between counsel, which is inappropriate. Specifically, Mr. Panish, it’s been brought to my attention that you may be gesturing something to Mr. Putnam. Is that what’s going on?”
    Panish: “I don’t think I’ve even gestured anything to Mr. Putnam today.”
    Putnam: “You’ve given me the finger twice.”
    Panish: “What? Judge, if I want to give him the finger, I know how to give him the finger.”
    Putnam: “And you did it quite well twice.”
    Panish: “I was trying — I would tell you; OK? I admit what I do. If I wanted to give you the finger — are you complaining and saying I gave you the finger? …”

Panish then goes on to elaborate as to his ability show people his middle finger, noting “…I went like this when he was talking (indicating), and all three of [AEG’s attorneys] were interrupting…. I didn’t flip Mr. Putnam the finger or flip him off. If he would like me to, I know how to do it, believe me.”

And while Putnam continued to cry about civility and appropriateness, we imagine Panish was rolling his eyes and continued to indicate his frustration the best way he knew how. From the L.A. Times:

Panish: “…I have been trying my best, in light of the conduct of counsel, to be civil. I’ve never had an issue in 100 jury trials with civility until this case…. I didn’t give Mr. Putnam the finger. If he wants me to give him the finger, I’m happy to do that.”

“Your butt is mine” weren’t words to fall from Judge Palazuelos’s lips — after all, she’s got an excellent temperament. Palazuelos, who is apparently a Potter Stewart fan, instead allowed the attorney to moonwalk out of her chambers, sanction free, with some words of warning: “Well, I haven’t seen it, but if that’s going on, it’s got to stop. It really does.” Congrats to Brian Panish; he’s one smooth criminal.

Source: http://abovethelaw.com/2013/06/whos-bad-th...rsary-the-bird/

- Traduzione -

Chi è cattivo? L'avvocato di Michael Jackson presumibilmente ha rivoltato l'uccel** del suo avversario

Quando ci si trova a gestire un importante processo con presunti danni di milioni di dollari, a volte le cose possono diventare piuttosto roventi. Gli animi si riscaldano, ridicoli documenti possono essere scambiati dietro alle porte chiuse, e si potrebbe anche minacciare (bip) di ingrandire il b**o del ****di qualcuno che si è f ******. Come si può vedere, le cose possono sfuggire di mano abbastanza rapidamente.

Ed è quello che è appena successo nel processo per l'omicidio colposo di Michael Jackson. Si potrebbe pensare che gli avvocati delle cause civili siano capaci di essere civili l'uno con l'altro, ma sarebbe sbagliato.

L'avvocato di Katherine Jackson, Brian Panish , si presume, avrebbe sentito il bisogno di mostrare all'avvocato avversario della AEG live che era , di fatto, cattivo ...

In primo luogo, vi daremo alcuni retroscena sul caso in questione.

La madre di Michael Jackson e i tre figli del Re del Pop hanno citato in giudizio , in una causa per omicidio colposo per svariati milioni di dollari la AEG Live. Essi sostengono che, poiché l' AEG avrebbe assunto e controllato il dottor Conrad Murray, che è stato trovato colpevole di omicidio colposo , la società di musica e di intrattenimento è in ultima analisi responsabile della morte di Jackson.

Tornando al dramma, all'inizio di questa settimana, Brian Panish e Marvin Putnam dello studio O'Melveny, l'avvocato di AEG, sono stati convocati nella stanza del Giudice Yvette Palazuelos per discutere le accuse a Panish per avere fatto un "gesto osceno" a Putnam - e non stiamo parlando di un tentativo di mettere La Toya Jackson del Psychic Friends Network al banco dei testimoni. Il Los Angeles Times ha lo scoop di una trascrizione :

Palazuelos: "E 'stato portato alla mia attenzione che c'è stato qualche gesto inappropriato tra gli avvocati. In particolare, signor Panish, è stato portato alla mia attenzione che lei avrebbe gesticolato qualcosa al signor Putnam. E 'questo che sta accadendo? "
    Panish: «Io non credo di aver mai indirizzato un qualsiasi gesto al signor Putnam oggi."
    Putnam: "Tu mi hai fatto il dito due volte."
    Panish: "Cosa? Giudice, se volessi fargli il gesto del dito medio, Io saprei come fare. "
    Putnam: "E lo hai fatto molto bene due volte."
    Panish: "Stavo cercando - vorrei dirti; OK? Ammetto quello che faccio. Se volevo farti il dito - ti stai lamentando e dicendo che ti ho farti il dito? ... "

Panish passa poi ad approfondire le sue capacita' di mostrare alle persone il dito medio, evidenziando "... Ho fatto cosi' ( e indica), quando stava parlando e tutti e tre ( gli avvocati di AEG) sono stati interrotti...

E mentre Putnam ha continuato a piangere lamentandosi sulla civiltà e l'appropriatezza, immaginiamo Panish mentre stava roteando gli occhi e ha continuato a manifestare la sua frustrazione nel modo migliore che conosceva. Dal L.A. Times:

Panish: "... Sto cercando di fare il mio meglio, alla luce della condotta del consiglio, per essere civile.
    Non mai avuto un problema ad essere civile in 100 processi fino a questo caso...
    Non ho mostrato il dito al Signor Putnam. Se egli vuole che io gli dia il dito, sono felice di farlo."

" Il tuo c*** e' mio" (inizio della canzone Bad) non sono parole cadute dalle labbra del Giudice Palazuelos - dopotutto ella ha un eccellente temperamento: La Palazuelos, che apparentemente e' un fan di Potter Stewart, invece ha permesso all'avvocato di uscire dalla sua stanza facendo il Moowalk, senza alcuna sanzione, solo con alcune parole di ammonimento:

"Bene, io non l'ho visto, ma se e' successo deve finire. Assolutamente"

Congratulazioni a Brian Panish; lui e' un smooth criminal.

Translated by giulhia & LoveIsMagical

Edited by LoveIsMagical - 21/6/2013, 01:17

2.     Top   -1

Black or White

Group
    Moderatore Globale

Status

Expert Testifies About Impact Sleep Deprivation Had On Michael Jackson

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A Harvard sleep expert was on the stand all day in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial, called by the Jackson family attorney to testify about the affect sleep deprivation had on the late superstar.

Dr. Charles Czeisler, who specializes in sleep study, told jurors in Los Angeles Superior Court the anesthetic propofol Conrad Murray administered to Jackson to help him sleep in the weeks prior to his death prevented the star’s brain from getting the rest it needed to allow him to perform.

Czeisler testified that unlike other drugs used in anesthesia, propofol will “dissipate the drive for sleep”.

He also listed a number of side-effects that could result from lack of sleep, including reduced levels of judgment and a disheveled physical appearance.

Jackson died on June 25, 2009 after he received a dose of propofol administered by Murray and stopped breathing.

He was preparing for his This Is It comeback concert series at the time.

Jackson family attorneys are trying to convince the jury that executives at concert promoting giant AEG Live were negligent in hiring and supervising Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson’s death.

Murray is currently serving a four-year sentence in a L.A. County jail for providing the fatal dose.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/06/20/...ichael-jackson/

Esperto testimonia l'impatto che la privazione del sonno ha avuto su Michael Jackson

Un esperto del sonno di Harvard era sul banco tutto il giorno nel processo omicidio colposo di Michael Jackson, chiamato dal l'avvocato della famiglia Jackson a testimoniare riguardo gli effetti che la privazione del sonno hanno avuto sulla superstar.

Dr. Charles Czeisler, specializzato nello studio del sonno, ha detto ai giurati della Corte Suprema di Los Angeles che l'anestetico propofol Conrad Murray somministrato a Jackson per aiutarlo a dormire nelle settimane prima della sua morte ha impedito al cervello della star di ottenere il riposo necessario per consentirgli di esibirsi.

Czeisler ha testimoniato che a differenza di altri farmaci usati in anestesia, il propofol "dissipa l'impulso del sonno".
    Ha anche elencato una serie di effetti collaterali che potrebbero derivare dalla mancanza di sonno, tra cui livelli ridotti di giudizio e un aspetto fisico trasandato..

3.     Top   -1

Black or White

Group
    Moderatore Globale

Status

Expert: Michael Jackson went 60 days without real sleep

130401122031-randy-phillips-jackson-horizontal-gallery

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson died while preparing to set a world record for the most successful concert run ever, but he unknowingly set another record that led to his death.
    Jackson may be the only human ever to go two months without REM -- Rapid Eye Movement -- sleep, which is vital to keep the brain and body alive. The 60 nights of propofol infusions Dr. Conrad Murray said he gave Jackson to treat his insomnia is something a sleep expert says no one had ever undergone.
    Propofol disrupts the normal sleep cycle and offers no REM sleep, yet it leaves a patient feeling refreshed as if they had experienced genuine sleep, according to Dr. Charles Czeisler, a Harvard Medical School sleep expert testifying at the wrongful death trial of concert promoter AEG LIve.
    If the singer had not died on June 25, 2009, of an overdose of the surgical anesthetic, the lack of REM sleep may have soon taken his life anyway, according to an opinion by Czeisler.
    Lab rats die after five weeks of getting no REM sleep, he said. It was never tried on a human until Dr. Murray gave Michael Jackson nightly propofol infusions for two months.
    Czeisler -- who serves as a sleep consultant to NASA, the CIA and the Rolling Stones -- testified Thursday that the "drug induced coma" induced by propofol leaves a patient with the same refreshed feeling of a good sleep, but without the benefits that genuine sleep delivers in repairing brain cells and the body.
    "It would be like eating some sort of cellulose pellets instead of dinner," he said. "Your stomach would be full and you would not be hungry, but it would be zero calories and not fulfill any of your nutrition needs."
    Depriving someone of REM sleep for a long period of time makes them paranoid, anxiety-filled, depressed, unable to learn, distracted, and sloppy, Czeisler testified. They lose their balance and appetite, while their physical reflexes get 10 times slower and their emotional responses 10 times stronger, he said.
    Those symptoms are strikingly similar to descriptions of Jackson in his last weeks as described in e-mails from show producers and testimony by witnesses in the trial.
    Jackson's mother and children are suing AEG Live, contending the company is liable in his death because it hired, retained or supervised Dr. Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. They argue the promoter pressured Dr. Murray to get Jackson to rehearsals, while failing to get Jackson help despite numerous red flags warning that he was in trouble.
    AEG Live lawyers contend it was Jackson who chose, hired and supervised Murray and their executives had no way of knowing about the dangerous propofol treatments administered in the privacy of Jackson's rented mansion.
    A very long question
    Czeisler is back on the witness stand Friday to answer a question that was asked just as court ended Thursday. Jackson lawyer Michael Koskoff asked his expert what may also be a record breaker in a trial -- a 15-minute-long hypothetical question.
    He was asked to render an opinion based on a long list of circumstances presented so far in the trial about Jackson's condition and behavior, including:
    -- That Murray administered propofol to Jackson 60 consecutive nights before June 22, 2009.
    -- That Murray began to wean Jackson from propofol on June 22, 2009, and gave him none of the drug on June 23.
    -- That a paramedic who tried to revive him the day he died initially assumed he was a hospice patient.
    -- That show producers reported Jackson became progressively thinner, paranoid and was talking to himself in his final weeks.
    -- That the production manager warned Jackson had deteriorated over eight weeks, was "a basket case" who he feared might hurt himself on stage and could not do the multiple 360 spins that he was known for.
    -- That show director Kenny Ortega wrote Jackson was having trouble "grasping the work" at rehearsals" and needed psychiatric help.
    -- That Jackson needed a teleprompter to remember the words to songs he had sung many times before over several decades.
    -- That show workers reported the singer was talking to himself and repeatedly saying that "God is talking to me."
    -- That Jackson was suffering severe chills on a summer day in Los Angeles and his skin was cold as ice to the touch.
    AEG Live lawyers objected to the question because the information about Murray's nightly propofol treatments was derived only from the doctor's statement to police after Jackson's death. The judge previously ruled that statement was inadmissible. It was a ruling made earlier in the trial when Jackson lawyers objected to AEG's use of Murray's statement that he believed he was Jackson's employee, not AEG Live's.
    The statement could be used if Murray, who is serving a prison term, is brought into testify. But that is unlikely since the doctor has said he would impose his constitutional protections against self-incrimination as long as the appeal of his conviction is pending.
    Jackson lawyers could clear the way for use of the statement by withdrawing their objection, something they are now considering.
    Koskoff told the judge that his expert would testify that Jackson's symptoms perfectly matched what he would expect from someone who had been given long-term propofol treatments.
    The jury is likely to hear his answer Friday.
    A lecture on sleep
    Jurors appeared quite interested as Czeisler lectured them Thursday on his sleep research, including an explanation of circadian rhythm -- the internal clock in the brain that controls the timing of when we sleep and wake and the timing of the release of hormones
    "That's why we sleep at night and are awake in the day," he said.
    Your brain needs sleep to repair and maintain its neurons every night, he said.
    Blood cells cycle out every few weeks, but brain cells are for a lifetime, he said.
    "Like a computer, the brain has to go offline to maintain cells that we keep for life, since we don't make more," he said. "Sleep is the repair and maintenance of the brain cells."
    An adult should get 7-8 hours of sleep each night to allow for enough sleep cycles, he said.
    You "prune out" unimportant neuron connections and consolidate important ones during your "slow eyed sleep" each night, he said. Those connections -- which is the information you have acquired during the day -- are consolidated by the REM sleep cycle. Your eyes actually dart back and forth rapidly during REM sleep.
    "In REM, we are integrating the memories that we have stored during slow eyed sleep, integrating memories with previous life experiences." he said. "We are able to make sense of things that we may not have understood while awake.
    Learning and memory happen when you are asleep, he said. A laboratory mouse rehearses a path through a maze to get to a piece of cheese while asleep.
    A basketball player's area of the brain that is used to shoot a ball will have much greater slow eyed sleep period since there is more for it to store, he said. They shoot better after sleep.
    The Portland Trailblazers consulted with him after they lost a series of East Coast basketball games, he said. He was able to give their players strategies for being sharper when traveling across time zones.
    He's worked with the Rolling Stones on their sleep problems, he said. Musicians are vulnerable since they are traveling across time zones and usually "all keyed up" to perform at night, he said.
    Czeisler developed a program for NASA to help astronauts deal with sleep issues in orbit, where they have a sunrise and sunset every 90 minutes.
    Other clients include major industries that are concerned about night shift workers falling asleep on the job, the CIA, Secret Service and the U.S. Air Force, he said.
    Jackson lawyers argue that AEG Live should have consulted a sleep expert like Czeisler for Jackson instead of hiring Murray -- a cardiologist -- for $150,000 to treat the artist.
    The trial ends its eighth week in a Los Angeles courtroom Friday. Lawyers estimate the case will conclude in early August.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/21/showbiz/...rial/index.html

Traduzione Google

Esperto: Michael Jackson è andato 60 giorni senza dormire reale

Los Angeles (CNN) - Michael Jackson è morto mentre si prepara a stabilire un record mondiale per il concerto di maggior successo correre mai, ma inconsapevolmente un altro record che ha portato alla sua morte.
    Jackson può essere l'unico essere umano mai andare due mesi senza REM - Rapid Eye Movement - il sonno, che è vitale per mantenere in vita il cervello e il corpo. Le 60 notti di infusioni di propofol dottor Conrad Murray ha detto che Jackson ha dato per curare l'insonnia è una cosa un esperto del sonno, dice che nessuno aveva mai subito.
    Propofol interrompe il normale ciclo di sonno e non offre il sonno REM, ma lascia una sensazione paziente rinfrescato come se avessero avuto il sonno vero e proprio, secondo il dottor Charles Czeisler, una Harvard Medical School esperto del sonno testimoniando al processo omicidio colposo del concerto promoter AEG LIVE.
    Se il cantante non fosse morto il 25 giugno 2009, di una dose eccessiva di anestetico chirurgico, la mancanza di sonno REM potrebbe aver appena preso la sua vita in ogni caso, in base a un parere Czeisler.
    Topi di laboratorio muoiono dopo cinque settimane di ottenere senza sonno REM, ha detto. Non è mai stato provato su un essere umano fino a quando il dottor Murray ha dato Michael Jackson notturne infusioni di propofol per due mesi.
    Czeisler - che funge da consulente del sonno per la NASA, la CIA e dei Rolling Stones - testimoniato Giovedi che la "droga coma" indotto da propofol lascia un paziente con la stessa sensazione di freschezza di un buon sonno, ma senza i vantaggi che sonno genuino offre a riparare le cellule del cervello e del corpo.
    "Sarebbe come mangiare una sorta di pellet di cellulosa invece di cena," ha detto. "Il vostro stomaco sarebbe pieno e non sarebbe fame, ma sarebbe zero calorie e non soddisfare le tue esigenze nutrizionali."
    Privare qualcuno di sonno REM per un lungo periodo di tempo li rende paranoici, ansia pieno, depresso, incapace di imparare, distratto e sciatto, Czeisler testimoniato. Essi perdono il loro equilibrio e l'appetito, mentre i loro riflessi fisici ottenere 10 volte più lento e le loro risposte emotive 10 volte più forte, ha detto.
    Quei sintomi sono sorprendentemente simili alle descrizioni di Jackson nelle ultime settimane, come descritto nelle e-mail da parte dei produttori degli spettacoli e testimonianze dai testimoni nel processo.
    Madre e figli di Jackson hanno fatto causa AEG live, sostenendo la società è responsabile della sua morte, perché essa ha assunto, conservato o supervisionato il dottor Murray, che è stato condannato per omicidio colposo. Essi sostengono il promotore pressioni dottor Murray per arrivare Jackson alle prove, pur non riuscendo a ottenere Jackson aiutare nonostante le numerose bandiere rosse avvertimento che era nei guai.
    AEG live avvocati sostengono che fosse Jackson che ha scelto, ingaggiato e supervisionato Murray ed i loro dirigenti non aveva modo di sapere circa i trattamenti di propofol pericolosi somministrati nella privacy della villa in affitto di Jackson.
    Una lunghissima domanda
    Czeisler è tornato sul banco dei testimoni Venerdì per rispondere ad una domanda che è stata posta proprio come corte conclusa Giovedi. Jackson avvocato Michael Koskoff chiese al suo esperto di quello che potrebbe anche essere un interruttore di registrazione in uno studio - a 15 minuti di lunghezza domanda ipotetica.
    Gli è stato chiesto di rendere un parere sulla base di una lunga lista di circostanze presentate finora nel processo sulle condizioni di Jackson e di comportamento, tra cui:
    - Che Murray somministrato il propofol a Jackson 60 notti consecutive prima del 22 Giugno 2009.
    - Che Murray ha cominciato a svezzare Jackson dal Propofol il 22 giugno 2009 e gli ha dato nessuno dei farmaci il 23 giugno.
    - Che un paramedico che ha cercato di rianimarlo il giorno della sua morte assunse inizialmente era un paziente ospizio.
    - Che i produttori di programma hanno affermato Jackson è diventato progressivamente più sottile, paranoico e stava parlando a se stesso nelle sue ultime settimane.
    - Che il direttore di produzione ha avvertito Jackson si era deteriorata in otto settimane, è stato "un caso disperato" che temeva potesse farsi del male sul palco e non poteva fare i multipli di 360 giri che è stato conosciuto per.
    - Che spettacolo regista Kenny Ortega ha scritto Jackson aveva problemi a "cogliere il lavoro" durante le prove "e aveva bisogno di aiuto psichiatrico.
    - Che Jackson aveva bisogno di un gobbo di ricordare le parole di canzoni che aveva cantato molte volte nell'arco di diversi decenni.
    - Che mostrano i lavoratori hanno riferito il cantante stava parlando a se stesso e dicendo più volte che "Dio sta parlando a me."
    - Che Jackson soffriva brividi intensi in un giorno d'estate a Los Angeles e la sua pelle era fredda come il ghiaccio al tatto.
    AEG live avvocati hanno contestato la domanda, perché le informazioni su nightly trattamenti di propofol di Murray è stata derivata solo dalla dichiarazione del medico di polizia dopo la morte di Jackson. Il giudice ha stabilito che precedentemente comunicato era irricevibile. E 'stata una decisione fatta in precedenza nel processo, quando Jackson avvocati hanno contestato l'uso di AEG di dichiarazione di Murray, che credeva di essere dipendente di Jackson, non AEG Live.
    L'affermazione potrebbe essere utilizzato se Murray, che sta scontando una pena detentiva, viene portato in testimoniare. Ma questo è improbabile in quanto il medico le ha detto che avrebbe imporre le sue protezioni costituzionali contro l'auto-incriminazione purché l'appello della sua condanna è in attesa.
    Jackson avvocati potrebbero spianare la strada per l'uso della dichiarazione revocando la loro obiezione, qualcosa che stanno ora valutando.
    Koskoff ha detto al giudice che il suo esperto avrebbe testimoniato che i sintomi di Jackson perfettamente abbinati quello che ci si aspetterebbe da qualcuno che era stato dato propofol trattamenti a lungo termine.
    La giuria si rischia di sentire la sua risposta Venerdì.
    Una conferenza sul sonno
    I giurati sembravano molto interessati come Czeisler insegnato loro Giovedi sulla sua ricerca sul sonno, compresa una spiegazione di ritmo circadiano - l'orologio interno del cervello che controlla i tempi di quando abbiamo sonno e la veglia e la tempistica del rilascio di ormoni
    "Ecco perché dormiamo di notte e veglia nel corso della giornata", ha detto.
    Il tuo cervello ha bisogno di dormire per riparare e mantenere i suoi neuroni ogni notte, ha detto.
    Il sangue le cellule ciclo fuori ogni poche settimane, ma le cellule cerebrali sono per tutta la vita, ha detto.
    "Come un computer, il cervello deve andare offline per mantenere le cellule che teniamo per la vita, dal momento che non facciamo più", ha detto. "Il sonno è la riparazione e la manutenzione delle cellule cerebrali."
    Un adulto dovrebbe avere 7-8 ore di sonno ogni notte per consentire cicli di sonno sufficienti, ha detto.
    È "potare fuori" connessioni neuronali non importanti e consolidare quelli importanti durante il "sonno dagli occhi lento" ogni notte, ha detto. Queste connessioni - che è l'informazione che avete acquisito nel corso della giornata - sono consolidate con il ciclo di sonno REM. I tuoi occhi in realtà dardo avanti e indietro rapidamente durante il sonno REM.
    "In REM, stiamo integrando i ricordi che abbiamo memorizzati durante il sonno dagli occhi lenti, integrando i ricordi con precedenti esperienze di vita." ha detto. "Siamo in grado di dare un senso alle cose che forse non abbiamo capito durante la veglia.
    L'apprendimento e la memoria accadono quando si è addormentato, ha detto. Un topo di laboratorio rehearses un percorso attraverso un labirinto per arrivare a un pezzo di formaggio durante il sonno.
    Zona di un giocatore di basket del cervello che viene utilizzato per sparare una palla avrà molto più grande periodo di sonno dagli occhi lento poiché non vi è più per esso per memorizzare, ha detto. Sparano meglio dopo il sonno.
    I Portland Trailblazers consultati con lui dopo aver perso una serie di East Coast partite di basket, ha detto. Egli è stato in grado di dare loro strategie giocatori per essere più nitide quando si viaggia attraverso i fusi orari.
    Ha lavorato con i Rolling Stones sui loro problemi di sonno, ha detto. I musicisti sono vulnerabili in quanto sono in viaggio attraverso i fusi orari e di solito "tutto calettati up" per eseguire durante la notte, ha detto.
    Czeisler ha sviluppato un programma per la NASA per aiutare gli astronauti si occupano di problemi di sonno in orbita, dove hanno un alba e il tramonto ogni 90 minuti.
    Altri clienti sono le principali industrie che sono preoccupati per turnisti di notte addormentarsi sul posto di lavoro, la CIA, servizi segreti e la US Air Force, ha detto.
    Jackson avvocati sostengono che AEG live avrebbe dovuto consultare un esperto del sonno come Czeisler per Jackson invece di assumere Murray - un cardiologo - per 150 mila dollari per curare l'artista.
    Il processo si conclude l'ottava settimana in un tribunale di Los Angeles Venerdì. Gli avvocati stimano che il caso si concluderà ai primi di agosto.

4.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

jacko_mini

Prima di morire, Michel Jackson non dormì
    ( davvero) per sessanta giorni
    Il cantante non avrebbe mai raggiunto la fase Rem,
    arrivando ai limiti della sopportabilità umana

Se il 25 giugno del 2009 non fosse morto per un'overdose di anestetici, il Propofol Michael Jackson se ne sarebbe andato comunque, di lì a poco. Per mancanza di (vero) sonno. E' quanto sostiene Charles Czeisler, perito medico al processo che la madre del re del pop, Katherine ha intentato al promoter di quelli che sarebbe dovuti essere gli ultimi concerti di Jacko, l'AEG.

RECORD - Ebbene Michael prima di quella fatidica notte, non avrebbe dormito per davvero per ben sessanta giorni, un record per un essere umano, secondo Czeisler. Ovvero non avrebbe mai raggiunto la cosiddetta fase Rem. Che non è solo quella in cui notoriamente si sogna, ma anche quella in cui si rigenerano le cellule e l'organismo in generale.

«COMA INDOTTO» - Jacko, per combattere l'insonnia che lo tormentava da anni, avrebbe invece conseguito una sorta di coma indotto, proprio grazie a quel Propofol, che poi gli sarebbe stato fatale. Cioé avrebbe avuto la sensazione artificiale dei benefici del sonno, senza aver mai dormito veramente. O in altre parole, ha spiegato Czeisler :«E' come se il cantante avesse ingerito dei trucioli di legno invece che del cibo. Lo stomaco si riempie e uno non sente la fame, ma le calorie sono zero e non si consegue nessun beneficio nutritivo».

ACCANIMENTO TERAPEUTICO - E, secondo l'accusa del processo, sarebbe stato proprio l'AEG a spingere presso il famigerato dottor Murray (colui che è stato accusato di omicidio involontario per la morte della popstar) perché Jacko potesse dormire prima della serie, anch'essa record, di concerti, che avrebbe dovuto tenere a Londra nel luglio del 2009. Un accanimento terapeutico che forse l'ha ucciso.

https://apps.facebook.com/corrieresocial/s...medium=facebook

5. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Doctor: Jackson had no REM sleep

CNN

Video

6.     Top   -1

Black or White

Group
    Moderatore Globale

Status

Michael Jackson wrongful death trial: Insomnia expert testifies

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An insomnia researcher took the witness stand in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial on Friday.

Years after the singer's death, a medical authority on sleep disorders testified that Jackson likely suffered from an undiagnosed condition, which led to his overdose death in June 2009.

Dr. Charles Czeisler, a Harvard researcher, said Jackson was more than sleep deprived. In his opinion, Jackson had total sleep deprivation and his body was wasting.

Czeisler stated that the source of the problem was the very agent Jackson used to fall asleep. Czeisler told the jury that the surgical anesthetic propofol gave Jackson an illusion that he slept, but the way the substance works, the brain does not shut off to give the body rest. Jackson was not getting restorative sleep.

The propofol was administered nightly by Jackson's personal physician, Conrad Murray. Czeisler said the amount of propofol was "stupendous."

According pharmacy records, it was more than 4 gallons in less than 3 months -- enough for more than 7,000 major surgeries.

Czeisler was called by attorneys for Katherine Jackson, who is suing concert promoter, AEG Live. The plaintiffs contend that AEG executives hired Murray and ignored the pop star's health problems.

Czeisler says emails between AEG execs listed symptoms such as memory loss, failure to grasp dance moves, paranoia and chills.

The AEG attorney raised questions about AEG's role, asking Czeisler if he expects a concert promoter to diagnose a sleep disorder.Czeisler said that if the concert promoter was aware that the artist was having difficulty sleeping, then he would expect that they would get the artist treatment.

About Jackson's role in caring for his own health, the defense referred to evidence that Jackson's use of propofol dated back to the 1990s and that Jackson rejected the recommendation of other doctors to seek a sleep disorder specialist.

Czeisler's response: No one can force anyone to be evaluated or treated.

The plaintiffs will call on a new witness on Monday.The Stanford University professor will testify about ethics.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=...ment&id=9148127

Traduzione Google

Prova illecito morte Michael Jackson: esperto Insomnia testimonia

LOS ANGELES (KABC) - Un ricercatore insonnia ha preso il banco dei testimoni nel processo omicidio colposo di Michael Jackson il Venerdì.

Anni dopo la morte del cantante, un'autorità medica sui disturbi del sonno ha testimoniato che Jackson probabilmente soffriva di una patologia non diagnosticata, che ha portato alla sua morte per overdose nel giugno 2009.

Dr. Charles Czeisler, un ricercatore di Harvard, ha detto Jackson era più che privati ​​del sonno. A suo parere, Jackson aveva deprivazione totale di sonno e il suo corpo stava sprecando.

Czeisler ha affermato che la fonte del problema era l'agente molto Jackson utilizzato per addormentarsi. Czeisler ha detto alla giuria che l'anestetico chirurgico propofol ha dato Jackson un'illusione che dormiva, ma il modo in cui la sostanza funziona, il cervello non si spegne per dare al resto del corpo. Jackson non stava ottenendo sonno ristoratore.

Il propofol è stato somministrato ogni sera dal medico personale di Jackson, Conrad Murray. Czeisler ha detto la quantità di propofol è stato "stupendo".

Secondo record farmacia, è stato più di 4 galloni in meno di 3 mesi - abbastanza per più di 7.000 interventi chirurgici importanti.

Czeisler stato chiamato da avvocati di Katherine Jackson, che ha citato in giudizio organizzatore di concerti, AEG Live. I ricorrenti sostengono che i dirigenti assunti AEG Murray e ignorati i problemi di salute della pop star.

Czeisler dice mail tra AEG execs sintomi elencati, come la perdita di memoria, incapacità di cogliere passi di danza, paranoia e brividi.

L'avvocato di AEG ha sollevato domande circa il ruolo della AEG, chiedendo Czeisler se si aspetta un organizzatore di concerti per diagnosticare un disturbo del sonno.

Czeisler ha detto che se il promotore concerto era a conoscenza che l'artista stava avendo difficoltà a dormire, allora si potrebbe aspettare che avrebbero ottenere il trattamento artista.

Circa il ruolo di Jackson nella cura per la propria salute, la difesa di cui la prova che l'uso di Jackson del propofol risale al 1990 e che Jackson ha respinto la raccomandazione di altri medici a cercare uno specialista di disturbi del sonno.

La risposta di Czeisler: Nessuno può costringere nessuno a essere valutati o trattati.

I querelanti chiameranno su un nuovo testimone sul Monday.The Stanford University professore testimonierà di etica.

7. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson: The epilogue

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Courtrooms have supplied the epilogue to Michael Jackson’s life. They’ve provided the forum where his debts have been settled, his final days dissected and his life depicted as a cautionary tale.

In nearly four years of court proceedings, two juries have watched Jackson come to life on video screens. They’ve watched him spin, dance, and then disappear. They’ve heard his voice, seen his handwriting and viewed photos of his lifeless body.

His role as a father has been described in little more than platitudes. Until now.

The jury hearing a civil case filed by the superstar’s mother — against AEG Live LLC, the promoter of Jackson’s ill-fated concerts — are experiencing details of a world previously held under lock and key. They’ve heard of extravagant birthday parties, secret family outings and the leg-clinging devotion of his children.

Jackson shielded the youngsters from the public eye, home-schooling them and often hiding their faces in public.

Away from the cameras, Jackson tried to create an environment of love, attention and special moments for his children, Michael Joseph “Prince” Jackson Jr., Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael “Blanket” Jackson.

The following are some of some of the stories they’ve told. They present a portrait of Jackson as a father that outsiders never saw.

___

The final month of Jackson’s life was a busy time. There were rehearsals for “This Is It,” planning meetings and film shoots for a series of mini-movies that would precede some of his greatest hits at the London shows.

Jackson brought his children to the shoot for a “Smooth Criminal” video that culminated with Jackson leaping through a window while being shot at by Humphrey Bogart.

Alif Sankey, a backup dancer on the original video who was working on the comeback concerts, sat next to Paris during the shoot. The 11-year-old wanted to share a secret and opened up her purse.

It was filled with candy, Sankey recalled.

Jackson didn’t want his children to eat sweets, and Paris asked Sankey to keep it quiet.

The dancer noticed something else inside the purse — tiny picture frames with images of her father.

“Her purse was full of candy and pictures of Daddy.”

___

Despite being home-schooled, there was no shortage of companions for Jackson’s children.

Chef Kai Chase recalled numerous pets in the mansion that Jackson was renting while he prepared for his “This Is It” shows.

There was the talking bird, Siberia, who whistled at pretty women.

The children also had a chocolate Labrador named Kenya, whom Chase bought a cookbook for so she could bake him treats and a birthday cake. Two cats, named Katie and Thriller, also roamed the house.

During opening statements of the civil trial, some of the jury’s first exposure to life in the Jackson home came from footage shot on a Christmas morning several years ago. Jackson’s ode to his children, “You Are My Life” played as jurors watched a video of a Christmas morning from years ago of Prince, Paris and Blanket gleefully receiving their gifts, which included the puppy, Kenya.

___

Chase had been working at Jackson’s home for only a few days when it came time to prepare for Paris’ 11th birthday.

She wanted a Michael Jackson-themed party.

All around the dining room, posters of the King of Pop were hung alongside album covers and other pictures. Jackson’s hit songs played as the family ate cheese pizza, hot wings and banana splits, Chase recalled.

Paris’ birthday cake was decorated with Lilo & Stitch, her favourite Disney characters. But the festivities weren’t over.

Jackson escorted the children into the backyard, where they watched a private Cirque du Soleil-style circus, complete with men on stilts and a woman performing in a giant balloon.

Chase watched from the kitchen window and later described the scene as “the most beautiful expression of love I’ve ever seen.”

___

Jackson spent the final months of his life in a rented mansion in the upscale Holmby Hills section of Los Angeles.

The mansion had all the amenities fit for a pop superstar — a palatial entryway, staircase and parlour and in the basement, a home theatre and dance studio.

The house was a hub of activity, with security guards posted outside, a pair of housekeepers, a nanny for the children and on many days, a personal chef stationed in the kitchen.

Dinners at the home occasionally featured special guests, including Jackson’s personal physician Conrad Murray and choreographer Travis Payne.

But staffers and guests other than Murray weren’t allowed upstairs, where the bedrooms were. When Chase wanted to prepare a soul food menu for Jackson and his children, she wrote him a note in Magic Marker and left it at the foot of the stairs.

AEG Live’s lead defence attorney has pointed to the secrecy of Jackson’s upstairs lifestyle — where the superstar was receiving nightly doses of the anesthetic propofol in his locked bedroom — to support the company’s contention it couldn’t have known about Jackson’s drug treatments.

___

Having a stable home for his children was a major motivation for Jackson returning to the concert stage, AEG executives say.

After his acquittal of child molestation charges in 2005, Jackson had become a nomad, spending time in various cities, including Las Vegas, often staying with friends.

“He wanted his kids to have a permanent place to live and a sense of community,” AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips recalled Jackson telling him during one meeting held while the family was living in the guesthouse of a rich benefactor.

It was Halloween and the children darted in and out of the rooms, wearing masks. Later that night, they’d go with their father to a party at Elizabeth Taylor’s home.

“I felt incredibly bad that this incredible star was at this point where he couldn’t buy a house,” Phillips said.

___

Jackson was always a magnet for photographers and fans, but he managed to sneak his children into a movie just weeks before his death.

The family and a few others went to see the animated film “Up” at the El Capitan Theatre on a touristy stretch of Hollywood Boulevard.

They came in a back door and remained in a private room while moviegoers filed into the theatre. When everyone else was seated, the entourage, including his longtime makeup artist Karen Faye, director Kenny Ortega and others, hit up the concession stand.

The group watched the movie without distraction. “No one knew Michael was there,” Faye recalled.

___

Jackson and choreographer Travis Payne were scheduled to rehearse one-on-one several days a week in the dance studio that was in the basement of Jackson’s mansion.

It’s unclear how often the pair worked out, but when they did they often had a companion, 7-year-old Blanket. He liked to watch his father dance, Payne later recalled, and tried to always stay close to his dad. During their workouts, Payne said Jackson talked to his son, mentoring him.

Preparations for the shows meant that Jackson was frequently out of the house at meetings, film shoots or rehearsals. When he returned home, Prince, Paris and Blanket would rush their father.

“They would take off like lightning,” Chase recalls, “… and grab him around the ankles and around the waist.”

They’d be hanging off of him, not unlike a picture shown to jurors during opening statements.

In the photo, Jackson was handing Blanket, then a newborn, to President Bill Clinton. Clinging to Jackson’s right leg was Paris.

___

When it came time for a science project, Paris settled on studying snails.

She enlisted Chase to help her find snails in the mansion’s backyard. The pair carried large flashlights and found several of the slimy creatures and prepared to bring them inside.

Jackson was waiting for them.

“At this point, I knew I was going to get fired,” Chase recalled.

The singer looked at the snails and had a different reaction — he helped make them a home.

The snails ended up in jars made cozier by moss in the bottom and tiny cocktail umbrellas. They lived on the kitchen counter, not far from other reminders of the children.

Blanket’s colorings hung on the refrigerator.

On a chalkboard where Chase would write out menus, Paris scrawled a message that remained on the board the day her father died.

“I love daddy,” the 11-year-old wrote. “Smile, it’s free.”

Traduzione:

Michael Jackson: L'epilogo

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Le aule di giustizia hanno fornito l'epilogo della vita di Michael Jackson. Hanno fornito il fòro in cui sono stati risolti i suoi debiti, sezionati i suoi ultimi giorni e la sua vita raffigurata come un ammonimento.

In quasi quattro anni di procedimenti giudiziari, due giurie hanno guardato Jackson prendere vita su schermi video. Lo hanno guardato piroettare, danzare e poi scomparire. Hanno sentito la sua voce, visto i suoi scritti e visualizzato le foto del suo corpo senza vita.

Il suo ruolo di padre è stato descritto in poco più che banalità. Fino ad ora.

La giuria che esamina un caso civile promosso dalla madre della superstar - contro la AEG live LLC, il promotore degli sfortunati concerti di Jackson - sta vivendo i dettagli di un mondo precedentemente tenuto sotto chiave. Hanno sentito parlare di stravaganti feste di compleanno, gite in famiglia segrete e la devozione dei suoi figli aggrappati alle gambe del padre.

Jackson ha tenuto al riparo i bambini dagli occhi del pubblico, istruendoli a casa e spesso nascondendo le loro facce in pubblico. Lontano dalle telecamere, Jackson ha cercato di creare un ambiente di amore, di attenzione e di momenti speciali per i suoi figli, Michael Joseph "Prince" Jackson Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson e Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson.

I seguenti sono alcune delle storie che hanno raccontato. Presentano un ritratto di Jackson come padre che gli estranei non hanno mai visto.

___

L'ultimo mese di vita di Jackson era un periodo indaffarato. C'erano le prove per "This Is It", la programmazione di riunioni e riprese cinematografiche per una serie di mini-film che avrebbero preceduto alcuni dei suoi più grandi successi agli show di Londra.
    Jackson ha portato i suoi figli alle riprese di un video di "Smooth Criminal" che culminava con Jackson che saltava da una finestra mentre Humphrey Bogart gli sparava.

Alif Sankey, una ballerina di fila nel video originale che stava lavorando sui concerti di ritorno, si è seduta vicino a Paris durante le riprese. L'undicenne ha voluto condividere un segreto e ha aperto la sua borsa.
    Era piena di caramelle, ha ricordato la Sankey.

Jackson non voleva che i suoi figli mangiassero dolci, e Paris ha chiesto alla Sankey di mantenere il segreto.
    La ballerina ha notato qualcosa di diverso dentro la borsa - piccole cornici con le immagini di suo padre.

"La sua borsa era piena di caramelle e di immagini del papà."

___

Malgrado venissero istruiti a casa, non c'era carenza di compagni per i bambini di Jackson.

La chef Kai Chase ha ricordato numerosi animali domestici nella villa che Jackson aveva preso in affitto, mentre si preparava per il suo show "This Is It".

C'era l'uccello parlante, Siberia, che fischiava alle belle donne.

I bambini avevano anche un labrador color cioccolato di nome Kenya, per il quale la Chase ha comprato un libro di cucina in modo che potessero cucinargli pasti e una torta di compleanno. Anche due gatti, di nome Katie e Thriller, vagavano per la casa.

Durante le dichiarazioni di apertura del processo civile, la prima esposizione della giuria alla vita in casa Jackson è venuta da filmati girati in una mattina di Natale diversi anni fa. L'ode di Jackson ai suoi figli, "You Are My Life", si sentiva mentre i giurati guardavano un video di una mattina di Natale di qualche anno prima con Prince, Paris e Blanket che allegramente ricevevano i loro doni, tra cui il cucciolo, Kenya.

___

La Chase lavorava a casa di Jackson da pochi giorni, quando è arrivato il momento di prepararsi per l'11° compleanno di Paris.

Lei voleva una festa a tema Michael Jackson.

Tutto intorno alla sala da pranzo poster del Re del Pop erano stati appesi vicino alle copertine degli album e altre immagini. Venivano suonati i successi di Jackson mentre la famiglia mangiava pizza al formaggio, ali di pollo calde e banana split, ha ricordato la Chase.

La torta di compleanno di Paris era decorata con Lilo & Stitch, i suoi personaggi Disney preferiti. Ma i festeggiamenti non erano finiti.

Jackson ha scortato i bambini in cortile, dove hanno guardato un circo privato stile Cirque du Soleil, con gli uomini sui trampoli e una donna che si esibiva in un pallone gigante.

Chase osservava dalla finestra della cucina e ha poi descritto la scena come "la più bella espressione di amore che abbia mai visto."

___

Jackson trascorse gli ultimi mesi della sua vita in un palazzo affittato nella sezione di lusso di Holmby Hills a Los Angeles.

Il palazzo aveva tutte le dotazioni adatte a una superstar del pop - un ingresso sontuoso, scala e salone, e in cantina un cinema e uno studio di danza.

La casa era un fulcro di attività, con le guardie di sicurezza all'esterno, un paio di governanti, una tata per i bambini e per molti giorni, una chef personale di stanza in cucina.

Alle cene a casa occasionalmente erano presenti ospiti speciali, tra cui il medico personale di Jackson, Conrad Murray, e il coreografo Travis Payne.

Ma staff e ospiti diversi da Murray non erano ammessi al piano di sopra, dove erano le camere. Quando la Chase voleva preparare un menu di cibo del sud per Jackson e i suoi figli, lei gli scriveva una nota con un pennarello e la lasciava ai piedi delle scale.

L'avvocato difensore di AEG Live ha sottolineato la segretezza dello stile di vita di Jackson al piano di sopra - dove la superstar riceveva dosi notturne di anestetico propofol nella sua camera da letto chiusa a chiave - per sostenere la tesi della società che non poteva sapere dei trattamenti con i farmaci di Jackson.

___

Avere una casa stabile per i suoi figli era una grande motivazione per il ritorno di Jackson sul palcoscenico dei concerti, dicono i dirigenti di AEG.

Dopo la sua assoluzione dalle accuse di molestie nel 2005, Jackson era diventato un nomade, passava il tempo in diverse città, tra cui Las Vegas, e spesso stava da amici.

"Lui desiderava che i suoi bambini avessero un posto fisso per vivere e un senso di comunità," ha ricordato l'Amministratore delegato di AEG Live Randy Phillips che Jackson gli aveva detto durante una riunione, mentre la famiglia viveva nell'ala per gli ospiti di un ricco benefattore.

Era Halloween e i bambini guizzavano dentro e fuori dalle stanze, indossando delle maschere. Più tardi quella sera sarebbero andati con il padre a una festa a casa di Elizabeth Taylor.

"Mi sono sentito incredibilmente triste che questa star incredibile fosse al punto in cui non poteva comprarsi una casa", ha detto Phillips.

___

Jackson è stato sempre una calamita per i fotografi e i fan, ma è riuscito a far intrufolare i suoi figli in un cinema poche settimane prima della sua morte.

La famiglia e pochi altri sono andati a vedere il film d'animazione "Up" al El Capitan Theatre, su un tratto turistico dell'Hollywood Boulevard.

Sono entrati da una porta sul retro e sono rimasti in una stanza privata, mentre gli spettatori riempivano il cinema. Quando tutti erano seduti, l'entourage, tra cui il la sua truccatrice di lunga data Karen Faye, il regista Kenny Ortega e altri, sono usciti dal bar.

Il gruppo ha guardato il film senza distrazioni. "Nessuno sapeva che Michael era lì", ha ricordato la Faye.

___

Jackson e il coreografo Travis Payne avevano in programma delle prove diversi giorni alla settimana nello studio di danza che era nel seminterrato della villa di Jackson.

Non è chiaro quanto spesso la coppia abbia provato, ma quando lo hanno fatto avevano spesso avuto un compagno, il piccolo Blanket. Gli piaceva guardare il padre che ballava, ha ricordato in seguito Payne, e cercava di rimanere sempre vicino al suo papà. Durante i loro allenamenti, Payne ha detto che Jackson parlava con suo figlio, facendogli da mentore.

I preparativi per lo show hanno fatto sì che Jackson fosse spesso fuori di casa alle riunioni, alle riprese cinematografiche o alle prove. Quando tornava a casa, Prince, Paris e Blanket si precipitavano verso il loro padre.

"Correvano come fulmini," ricorda la Chase, "... e lo afferravano per le caviglie e intorno alla vita."

Pendevano dalle sue labbra, non diversamente da un'immagine mostrata ai giurati durante le dichiarazioni di apertura.

Nella foto, Jackson stava porgendo Blanket, allora neonato, al presidente Bill Clinton. Aggrappata alla gamba destra di Jackson c'era Paris.

jackson-and-clinton-pic-splash-827456250

Quando è arrivato il momento per un progetto di scienze, si è stabilito che Paris doveva studiare le lumache.

Lei ha arruolato la Chase per aiutarla a trovare le lumache nel cortile della villa. La coppia ha portato grandi torce elettriche e ha trovato molte delle creature viscide ed era pronta a portarle dentro.

Jackson le aspettava.

"A questo punto ho capito che stavo per essere licenziata," ha ricordato la Chase.

Il cantante ha guardato le lumache e ha avuto una reazione diversa - ha aiutato a costruire loro una casa.

Le lumache sono finite in vasetti resi più accoglienti da muschio sul fondo e ombrellini da cocktail. Vivevano sul bancone della cucina, poco distante da altri ricordi dei bambini.

I disegni di Blanket erano appesi sul frigorifero.

Su una lavagna dove la Chase scriveva i menu, Paris aveva scarabocchiato un messaggio che è rimasto sulla lavagna il giorno in cui suo padre è morto.

"Io amo papà", aveva scritto l'undicenne. "Sorridi, è gratis."

Traduzione 4everMJJ MJFS

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/06/22/michael...n-the-epilogue/

Edited by valerie77 - 24/6/2013, 09:45

8. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Dr Czeisler’s Second Day Of Testimony

On his second day on the stand, Dr Czeisler, said that in the months before Michael died four years ago, Conrad Murray had bought 4 and half gallons of propofol, which is “a stupendous amount.” The researcher said that Michael was getting propofol every night for 60 days. The sleep expert from Harvard said he spent more than 100 hours reviewing documents, including e-mails from people who worked with Michael, to confirm his diagnosis.

He also said that the symptoms that Michael was exhibiting are consistent with the symptoms of someone suffering from total sleep deprivation for a long time.

In the e-mails, people described Michael’s condition as deteriorating including losing weight, paranoia, unable to remember what he just said, wearing layers of clothing and appearing cold, while others around him were warm, all called classic symptoms of sleep deprivation.

Dr. Czeisler said he was also astounded that Michael couldn’t sing his own songs without the help of a Teleprompter.

Named as the most successful entertainer of all time by Guinness World records, King of Pop Michael Jackson unknowingly made another record that led to his death:-

Charles Czeisler, M.D., Ph.D., from the Division Of Sleep Medicine at Harvard Medical School, testified at the trial against concert promoter AEG Live that propofol interrupts normal sleep cycles. He said that Michael went a full 60 days without ‘real’ sleep. The drug deprives the body of rapid eye movement, or REM sleep, all the while making a person feel as though he or she has had a true night’s sleep.

Experts say that the body cycles through four stages of sleep: three non-REM stages and one REM stage throughout the night. Each complete cycle takes about 90 minutes, typically ending in REM sleep. The first REM cycle is fairly short, about 10 minutes, and the cycles get longer throughout the night, up to an hour or so. During REM sleep, your eyes are moving rapidly around as if you’re scanning your environment.

The mystery behind Michael’s death; his existence will always be remembered by his billions of fans. It was reported even earlier that his death was not a natural death. Drug overdose was cited to be the reason for his death.

On cross examination, Dr. Czeisler acknowledged that the evidence showed two doctors tried to convince Michael to seek a medical specialist for his sleep disorder and he refused.

Traduzione:

Secondo giorno di Dr Czeisler della testimonianza

Il suo secondo giorno sul cavalletto, Dr Czeisler, ha detto che nei mesi prima che Michael è morto quattro anni fa, Conrad Murray aveva comprato 4 e mezzo litri di propofol, che è «una stupenda quantità». Il ricercatore ha detto che Michael era sempre propofol ogni notte per 60 giorni. Il sonno esperto da Harvard ha detto che ha speso più di 100 ore di revisione dei documenti, tra cui e-mail da persone che hanno lavorato con Michael, per confermare la sua diagnosi.

Egli ha anche detto che i sintomi che Michael era espositrici sono coerenti con i sintomi di qualcuno soffre di privazione del sonno totale per lungo tempo.

Nei messaggi di posta elettronica, persone descritte condizioni di Michael come peggiora tra cui perdere peso, paranoia, incapace di ricordare ciò che ha appena detto, indossare strati di abbigliamento e che appare freddo, mentre gli altri intorno a lui erano caldi, tutti chiamati classici sintomi di privazione del sonno.

Dr. Czeisler ha detto che era anche stupito che Michael non poteva cantare le sue proprie canzoni senza l'aiuto di un Teleprompter.

Nominato come l'intrattenitore di maggior successo di tutti i tempi da Guinness World records, re del Pop Michael Jackson fatto inconsapevolmente un altro record che ha portato alla sua morte:-

Charles Czeisler, M.D., Ph.d., dalla divisione di medicina del sonno presso la Harvard Medical School, ha testimoniato al processo contro il promotore di concerto AEG Live che propofol interrompe i cicli di sonno normale. Ha detto che Michael è andato un pieno 60 giorni senza dormire 'reale'. La droga priva il corpo di movimento rapido degli occhi, o sonno REM, per tutto il tempo facendo una persona che sento come se lui o lei ha avuto un vero riposo.

Gli esperti dicono che il corpo cicli attraverso quattro fasi di sonno: tre fasi non-REM e in una fase REM per tutta la notte. Ogni ciclo completo dura circa 90 minuti, tipicamente termina nel sonno REM. Il primo ciclo di REM è piuttosto breve, circa 10 minuti, e i cicli si allungano per tutta la notte, fino a un'ora o così. Durante il sonno REM, gli occhi si muovono rapidamente come se si esegue la scansione dell'ambiente.

Il mistero dietro la morte di Michael; la sua esistenza sarà sempre ricordato dai suoi miliardi di fan. È stato segnalato anche in precedenza che la sua morte non fu una morte naturale. Overdose di droga è stata citata per essere la ragione per la sua morte.

Sulla Croce esame, Dr. Czeisler ha riconosciuto che le prove hanno mostrato due medici cercò di convincere Michael a cercare un medico specialista per il suo disturbo del sonno e ha rifiutato.

http://www.mjworld.net/news/2013/06/24/dr-...y-of-testimony/

9. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson's legacy rocked, not wrecked, by trial

A wrongful-death suit revives image problems, but the late icon's artistic stature is unassailable, experts say.

Michael Jackson died four years ago June 25, leaving behind a remarkable body of work, a mountain of debt, a squabbling family and a scandal-plagued specter.

He has yet to rest in peace.

Since 2009, the singer's estate has grown, along with appreciation for his artistry, but his private life has been undergoing renewed scrutiny in the ongoing wrongful-death suit pitting his mother against AEG Live.

For years, Jackson's character has been battered but not destroyed by allegations of child molestation, substance abuse, cosmetic procedures and abnormal behavior. As testimony revisits the pop superstar's frailties and drug use in detail, will the freshly exhumed indignities damage Jackson's legacy?

Experts are divided. Millions are at stake in the civil case. So is Jackson's reputation, and some question the wisdom of a family willing to sully it for financial gain.

"Jackson's famously dysfunctional family surely isn't doing him any favors with its trial," says George Varga, pop-music critic for U-T San Diego. "Alas, one could argue his family didn't do him many favors when he was alive, either. Now, as then, Jackson seems to be regarded more as a brand-cum-revenue stream than the deeply flawed person he was. The trial sadly underscores this."

Journalist Diane Dimond agrees, calling the suit "pure bad publicity."

"Michael Jackson worked hard his whole life to build a fabulous body of work and a wonderful legacy," says Dimond, whose book, Be Careful Who You Love: Inside the Michael Jackson Case, chronicles the molestation saga from the first 1993 allegation through the 2005 criminal trial. "In death, his family is doing all the wrong things to tear that down. You see now in the AEG trial that Jackson was a basket case of his own making. The trial very well could be the last mark on the legacy sheet for him, and not in the positive column."

Katherine Jackson, 83, filed suit in 2010, alleging that promoters of Jackson's comeback tour hired cardiologist Conrad Murray and failed to supervise him. AEG says that Jackson independently enlisted Murray, his personal physician since 2006, to join him for 50 This Is It dates at London's O2 Arena. Murray is serving four years in prison, convicted of involuntary manslaughter for administering the fatal dose of propofol that left Jackson dead at 50.

The trial is "nothing but a money grab," Dimond says.

"When Katherine passes, her portion of the estate goes to Michael's children," she says. "Her sons get nothing. She's trying to amass a pile of money to leave her chronically underemployed sons. Doesn't she have enough money?

"I think of Michael's three children watching the trial dredge up all this ugliness and terrible memories. When I heard a paramedic say his body looked like an emaciated cancer patient, I thought, 'His children are reading this. It's on the Internet now.' "

The outpouring of love and sympathy following Jackson's death settled into "a seamless river of support" that the trial has poisoned, Dimond says.

The AEG trial, now in its ninth week, has revealed much about Jackson's psychological and physical state in the months, and even years, before his death:

• On the day of the news conference announcing This Is It, AEG CEO Randy Phillips found Jackson "locked in his room drunk and despondent … He's an emotionally paralyzed mess, filled with self-loathing and doubt."

• During the run-up to the London residency, his dermatologist, Arnold Klein, sent Jackson's business manager a $48,000 bill for injecting Jackson with Restalyne, Botox and unidentified drugs. Testimony showed that Jackson was injected with 6,500 milligrams of Demerol in the last three months of his life.

• Witnesses say Jackson couldn't sing, was considering using backing tracks to bolster his voice, needed a teleprompter to remember lyrics and didn't have the strength to dance.

• AEG executive Paul Gongaware dismissed Jackson's frailties as delay tactics, saying he's "lazy and constantly changes his mind to fit his immediate wants."

• Jackson was sent home from rehearsal because he was shivering and unable to eat. A production manager called him a basket case. Five days before his death, This Is It tour director Kenny Ortega said the singer showed signs of "paranoia, anxiety and obsessive-like behavior" and needed a psychiatric evaluation.

• A doctor, who believed Jackson had an opiate addiction, gave him a 24-hour morphine drip in Thailand during the 1993 Dangerous tour. He couldn't give Jackson an injection in his buttocks because of excessive scar tissue from previous injections.

• Trial exhibits include photos of pill containers, propofol bottles, oxygen tanks and an IV stand in his bedroom.

Courtroom mud may not be enough to dethrone the King of Pop, say some of his closest observers.

"It's rehashing what's already been rehashed," says Gail Mitchell, Billboard senior editor. "This is just confirmation of what we already know or what's been gossiped about. People don't care anymore. It might be burnout. I haven't seen any backlash. When I talk to emerging R&B and pop types about their influences, Michael's name invariably comes up."
    A prime example is hot Danish electro-soul duo Quadron, which covered Thriller track Baby Be Mine and pays tribute to Jackson on new album Avalanche with the song Neverland, about an obsessed fan who impersonates the singer.

Revelations of Jackson's foibles haven't contaminated his artistic profile, says Quadron musician/producer Robin Hannibal, who sees improvement in the star's image since his death.

"And it will be more so, the longer time passes by," he says. "All the media trash and paparazzi stuff will have evaporated and feel less important, and there will be even more focus on his artistry.

"MJ has meant a lot to us in our music. He is always present in the back of our heads when we create, and we often ask ourselves, 'What would MJ do?' His work ethic, talent and pursuit for perfecting his art is a huge inspiration."

Jackson imprinted Quadron's sound in the same way he will continue to shape new generations of artists, Hannibal says.

"He was a perfectionist, but he also added a lot of emotion and honesty," he says. "He put himself on the line. … His belief in what he did is also extremely inspiring. He shaped the modern pop song, in regard to structure, arrangement and his use of harmonies and ad-libs. He was able to mix big ballads, guitar-driven songs and R&B into the same albums."

Has the public sequestered the King of Pop from his dirty laundry?

"As the global amnesia brought on by Jackson's death suggested, many have no problem embracing him and his often-transcendent music while ignoring his tragic and troubling life," Varga says. "Yes, his legacy may be further tarnished by the trial. But Jackson will likely go on to rival Elvis Presley as a superstar who becomes even more lucrative in death than in life."

"Four years after his death, Michael Jackson's earning power is incredibly strong," says Zack O'Malley Greenburg, a Forbes senior editor and author of the upcoming Michael Jackson, Inc. (Atria). "In fact, it's as high as — or higher than — that of any living musical act, based on the income totals we track here at Forbes. In light of that performance, it seems unlikely the trial will affect the King of Pop's ability to earn big from beyond the grave."

Estimates of his posthumous net worth range from $600 million to $1 billion. When he died, he was at least $400 million in debt. And his stardom was stained.

"He was in a really bad place with all the child molestation allegations," says Jermaine Hall, Vibe editor. "After he died, we almost immediately got back to celebrating his music. I do think people are able to separate the man from the music, despite all the stuff coming out now. You've been hearing it so long, you're almost desensitized. We're aware of his personal troubles. I don't think the trial will have a huge impact on his legacy."

The pop icon's stature can withstand a thrashing, says Jackson authority Joseph Vogel, author of 2011's Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson.

"In most ways, the trial humanizes him," Vogel says. "Historically, so many great artists are tragic figures, from Jim Morrison to Marvin Gaye to Kurt Cobain. Michael's life was complicated, but we've reached the point where his art is what people really care about. The more distance we get, the more his legacy comes into focus. I mean, Michael Jackson not only revolutionized music, but short films, dance, fashion, performance. His influence is everywhere, from Bruno Mars to Lady Gaga to Kanye West."

The public is weary of sensational headlines, which won't prevent anyone from buying Off the Wall or Bad, he says.

"People already knew about Michael's anxieties and health issues, including his sleep problems," Vogel says. "Ten, 20, 100 years from now, people won't be going back to TMZ, but they will be listening to Billie Jean and Human Nature."

Granted, there's an "icky quality" to much of Jackson's story, says Robert Thompson, a professor of pop culture at Syracuse University. But his enormous talent and fame afforded him latitude denied to ordinary mortals in the rational world.

"This was a person you might not want to put up as a role model," he says. "But while he was alive, there was a notion that he was so rich and so famous at such a young age that it almost exiled him from humanity, and he ended up on Planet Michael."

Megastars dim. Just ask any Millennial about such yesteryear giants as actress Sarah Bernhardt, opera star Jenny Lind or crooner Rudy Vallée.

"For all their enormous penetration, they didn't make that transition over a couple of generations," Thompson says. "Michael Jackson is not going to be one of those. We are talking about a magnitude of cultural mythology that very few people share."

A few legal maneuvers in a Los Angeles courtroom are unlikely to threaten Jackson's towering stature.

"Where are we going to be when the smoke clears?" Thompson says. "There's a sense that Michael Jackson died for his sins. There was a cleansing to his story. OK, this wipes it all away.

"Everyone has about seven asterisks in their mind when it comes to the legend of Michael Jackson. But that legend is intact."

Traduzione:

Eredità di Michael Jackson ha scosso, non distrutto, da trial

Una tuta colposo ravviva problemi di immagine, ma la statura artistica dell'icona tardo è inattaccabile, dicono gli esperti.

Michael Jackson è morto quattro anni fa il 25 giugno, lasciando dietro di sé un corpo notevole di lavoro, una montagna di debito, una famiglia litigano e uno spettro di scandalo-afflitto.

Egli ha ancora a riposare in pace.

Dal 2009, immobiliare del cantante è cresciuta, insieme con l'apprezzamento per la sua arte, ma la sua vita privata è in fase di esame rinnovata in tuta in corso-colposo contrapporre la madre di AEG Live.

Per anni, personaggio di Jackson è stata martoriata ma non distrutta da accuse di molestie su minori, abuso di sostanze, le procedure cosmetiche e comportamento anomalo. Come testimonianza rivisita del pop superstar fragilità e uso di droga in dettaglio, le umiliazioni appena riesumati danneggerà eredità di Jackson?

Gli esperti sono divisi. Milioni sono in gioco nel caso civile. Così è la reputazione di Jackson e qualche domanda la saggezza di una famiglia disposta a sully per guadagno finanziario.

Non "notoriamente disfunzionale famiglia Jackson sicuramente sta facendo lui qualsiasi favori con la sua prova," dice George Varga, critico di musica pop per T U San Diego. "Ahimè, si potrebbe sostenere che la famiglia lui non ha fatto molti favori quando era vivo, neanche. Ora, come allora, Jackson sembra essere considerato più come un flusso di marca-cum-entrate rispetto la persona profondamente viziata che era. Il trial purtroppo sottolinea questo."

Giornalista Diane Dimond concorda, chiamando la tuta "puro cattiva pubblicità."

"Michael Jackson ha lavorato duramente tutta la sua vita per costruire un corpo favoloso di lavoro e di un meraviglioso patrimonio," dice Dimond, il cui libro, essere attento che ama: Inside the Michael Jackson Case, racconta la saga di molestie dall'allegazione prima 1993 attraverso il processo penale 2005. "Nella morte, la famiglia sta facendo tutte le cose sbagliate che strappare. Vedete ora nel trial AEG che Jackson era un caso di basket del suo fare. La prova molto bene potrebbe essere l'ultimo segno sul foglio legacy per lui e non nella colonna positiva".

Katherine Jackson, 83, presentato tuta nel 2010, affermando che promotori del tour di ritorno di Jackson assunto il cardiologo Conrad Murray non è riuscito a controllare lui. AEG dice che Jackson si arruolò indipendentemente Murray, suo medico personale dal 2006, per unirsi a lui per This Is It 50 date all'O2 Arena di Londra. Murray sta scontando quattro anni in prigione, condannato per omicidio involontario per amministrare la dose fatale di propofol che Jackson ha lasciato morto a 50.

La prova è "nient'altro che una benna di soldi", dice Dimond.

"Quando Katherine passa, la porzione della tenuta va ai figli di Michael," dice lei. "Figli di ottenere nulla. Lei sta cercando di accumulare un mucchio di soldi per lasciare i suoi figli cronicamente sottoccupati. Lei non ha abbastanza soldi?

"Penso che dei tre figli di Michael, guardando la prova dragare tutti questa bruttezza e ricordi terribili. Quando ho sentito un paramedico dire il suo corpo sembrava come un malato di cancro emaciato, ho pensato, ' questo leggono i suoi figli. È ora su Internet.' "

L'effusione dell'amore e della morte di Jackson seguenti si stabilì nel "senza soluzione di continuità fiume di supporto" che ha avvelenato la prova simpatia, Dimond dice.

La prova di AEG, ora nella sua nona settimana, ha rivelato molto sullo stato fisico e psicologico di Jackson nei mesi e anche anni, prima della sua morte:

• Il giorno della conferenza notizie annunciando This Is It, AEG CEO Randy Phillips trovato Jackson "bloccato nella sua stanza ubriaco e avvilita... Egli è un pasticcio emotivamente paralizzato, riempito con disgusto di sé e il dubbio".

• Durante la rincorsa alla residenza di Londra, il dermatologo Arnold Klein, ha inviato business manager di Jackson una fattura $48.000 per iniezione di Jackson con Restalyne, Botox e farmaci non identificati. Testimonianza ha mostrato che Jackson è stato iniettato con 6.500 milligrammi di Demerol negli ultimi tre mesi della sua vita.

• Testimoni dicono Jackson non poteva cantare, è stato considerare l'uso di accompagnamenti per sostenere la sua voce, necessario un teleprompter per ricordare testi e non ha avuto la forza di ballare.

• AEG esecutivo Paul Gongaware respinto fragilità di Jackson come tattica di ritardo, dicendo che è "pigro e cambia costantemente la sua mente per adattare il suoi immediati vuole."

• Jackson fu mandato a casa da prove perché egli era tremante e incapace di mangiare. Un direttore di produzione lo ha chiamato un basket case. Cinque giorni prima della sua morte, This Is It tour regista Kenny Ortega ha detto la cantante ha mostrata segni di paranoia, ansia e comportamento ossessivo-like"e necessaria una valutazione psichiatrica.

• Un medico, che crede che Jackson aveva una dipendenza da oppiacei, gli diede una flebo di morfina 24 ore su 24 in Thailandia durante il 1993 Dangerous tour. Egli non poteva dare Jackson un'iniezione nelle natiche a causa di eccessivo tessuto cicatriziale dalle precedenti iniezioni.

• Prova esposizioni includono foto dei contenitori di pillola, propofol bottiglie, bombole di ossigeno e un IV stand nella sua camera da letto.

Fango di aula di tribunale non può essere sufficiente a detronizzare il re del Pop, dicono alcuni dei suoi osservatori più vicini.
    "Essa è rimasticare quello che già è stata rimaneggiata," dice Gail Mitchell, senior editor di Billboard. "Questo è solo conferma di ciò che già sappiamo o che cosa pettegolezzi. Gente non interessa più. Potrebbe essere burnout. Non ho visto alcun contraccolpo. Quando parlo con emergenti pop tipi sui loro influenze e R&B, nome di Michael invariabilmente esce."
    Un primo esempio è hot duo danese di electro-soul Quadron, che ha coperto la traccia Thriller Baby Be Mine e rende omaggio a Jackson nuovo album valanga con il Neverland, canzone su un fan ossessionato che impersona il cantante.

Manie di rivelazioni di Jackson non hanno contaminato il suo profilo artistico, dice Quadron musicista e produttore Robin Hannibal, che vede il miglioramento nell'immagine della stella fino alla sua morte.

"E sarà più così, passa il tempo più lungo," dice. "Tutti i media spazzatura e paparazzi roba sarà sono evaporati e sentirsi meno importanti e ci sarà anche più concentrarsi sulla sua arte.

"Il MJ ha significato molto per noi nella nostra musica. Egli è sempre presente nella parte posteriore della nostra testa quando creiamo, e spesso ci chiediamo noi stessi, 'Che cosa vuoi fare MJ?' Etica del lavoro, il talento e l'inseguimento per perfezionare la sua arte è un enorme ispirazione."

Jackson impresse suono di Quadron allo stesso modo che egli continuerà a forma nuove generazioni di artisti, Hannibal dice.

«Era un perfezionista, ma ha anche aggiunto un sacco di emozione e di onestà,» dice. "Ha messo la sua targhetta sulla linea. … Sua convinzione in quello che ha fatto è anche estremamente stimolante. Ha modellato la moderna canzone pop, per quanto riguarda la struttura, la disposizione e il suo uso di armonie e ad-libs. Egli era in grado di mescolare grandi ballate, canzoni chitarra-driven e R&B nell'album stesso."

Ha il pubblico sequestrato il re del Pop dal suo bucato sporco?
    "Come l'amnesia globale causata da Jackson di morte suggerito, molti non hanno alcun problema che abbraccia lui e la sua musica spesso trascendente, ignorando la sua vita tragica e inquietante," dice Varga. "Sì, la sua eredità può essere ulteriormente appannato nella prova. Ma Jackson probabilmente andrà avanti a rivaleggiare con Elvis Presley come una superstar che diventa ancora più redditizio nella morte che nella vita".

"Quattro anni dopo la sua morte, potenza di Michael Jackson è incredibilmente forte," dice Zack o ' Malley Greenburg, senior editor di Forbes e autore dell'imminente Michael Jackson, Inc (Atri). "Infatti, è alto come — o superiore — che qualsiasi atto musicale vivente, basato sui redditi totali tracciamo qui a Forbes. Alla luce di tale prestazione, sembra improbabile che la sperimentazione interesserà capacità del re del Pop di guadagnare grande aldilà."

Stime del suo postumo net worth variano da $600 milioni a $1 miliardo. Quando morì, fu almeno $400 milioni di debiti. E la sua celebrità era macchiato.

"Egli era in un luogo davvero male con tutte le accuse di molestie bambino," dice Jermaine Hall, Vibe editor. "Dopo la sua morte, quasi immediatamente tornammo a celebrare la sua musica. Credo che persone sono in grado di separare l'uomo dalla musica, nonostante tutte le cose che escono ora. Tu hai sentito così a lungo, stai quasi insensibili. Siamo a conoscenza dei suoi problemi personali. Non credo che il processo avrà un enorme impatto sulla sua eredità."

Statura di icona pop in grado di sopportare una bastonata, dice autorità Jackson Joseph Vogel, autore dell'uomo del 2011 in musica: la vita creativa e lavoro di Michael Jackson.

"In più modi, il trial umanizza lui," dice Vogel. "Storicamente, tanti grandi artisti sono figure tragiche, da Jim Morrison a Marvin Gaye a Kurt Cobain. Vita di Michael è stato complicato, ma abbiamo raggiunto il punto dove la sua arte è ciò che persone si preoccupano davvero. La distanza più che otteniamo, più la sua eredità viene messa a fuoco. Voglio dire, Michael Jackson ha rivoluzionato non solo musica, ma cortometraggi, danza, moda, performance. La sua influenza è ovunque, da Bruno Mars a Lady Gaga di Kanye West."

Il pubblico è stanco di titoli sensazionali, che non impediscono a chiunque di acquistare Off the Wall o cattivo, egli dice.

Vogel "Persone già sapevano di Michael ansie e problemi di salute, compreso i suoi problemi di sonno," dice. "Dieci, 20, 100 anni da oggi, persone non andare indietro a TMZ, ma essi saranno essere ascoltando Billie Jean e natura umana".

Certo, c'è una qualità"icky" per gran parte della storia di Jackson, dice Robert Thompson, professore di cultura pop alla Syracuse University. Ma suo enorme talento e la fama lui latitudine negato ai comuni mortali nel mondo razionale.
    "Questo era una persona che potrebbe non voler mettere in su come un modello di ruolo", dice. «Ma mentre era ancora in vita, c'era una nozione che era così famoso e così ricco in così giovane età che quasi lui esiliato dall'umanità, e finì sul pianeta Michael."

Megastar dim. Basta chiedere a qualsiasi millenario su giganti come attrice Sarah Bernhardt, stella opera Jenny Lind o crooner Rudy Vallée yesteryear.

"Per tutti i loro penetrazione enorme, non fanno che la transizione sopra un paio di generazioni," dice Thompson. "Michael Jackson non sta per essere uno di quelli. Stiamo parlando una magnitudo di mitologia cultura che pochissime persone condividono."

Alcune manovre legali in un tribunale di Los Angeles sono improbabile che minacciano la statura imponente di Jackson.

"Dove stiamo andando essere quando il fumo si dirada?" Thompson dice. "C'è un senso che Michael Jackson è morto per i suoi peccati. C'era una pulizia per la sua storia. OK, questo spazza via tutto.

"Ognuno ha circa sette asterischi nella loro mente quando si tratta della leggenda di Michael Jackson. Ma che la leggenda è intatta."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2...-death/2449131/

10.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Ma incredibile!! Così Diane Dimond, meglio conosciuta come Devil Dimond sarebbe daccordo con tutti coloro che sono da sempre stati " contrari" a questo processo(tra cui Community famose)?? Ma perfetto!!
    Il problema sapete qual'è.. che una delle peggiori iene malate dentro che ha contribuito a distruggere l'immagine di Michael è proprio lei.
    Quindi adesso? Che fa la " finta moralista"??Ma no mi dire..
    Macchè, quello che spaventa DAVVERO la Dimond è che questo processo sta tirando fuori la verità, e essendo un civile che coinvolge una società di business molto conosciuta, questa stessa VERITA', in specie SUL PASSATO, sta finendo pubblicata DOVUNQUE, evidenziando chi ha sempre mentito e raccontato BALLE gigantesche.. come appunto la st.... che qui ha ancora il coraggio di aprire bocca.

11.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Michael Jackson's son to testify about father's death

by Alan Duke CNN

120625035036-mj-1-horizontal-gallery

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Four years after Michael Jackson died, his oldest son is ready to tell a jury about the last days of his life.
    Prince Jackson, now 16, was 12 when he followed an ambulance carrying his father to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on the afternoon of June 25, 2009.
    On Monday, in the Jackson family's wrongful death lawsuit, Jackson lawyers informed AEG Live attorneys that Prince will be the next witness after a doctor who is an expert in medical conflicts of interest completes his testimony Tuesday.
    That would likely put Prince on the stand Wednesday, a day after the fourth anniversary of his father's death.
    Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson and their grandmother Katherine Jackson are suing AEG Live, accusing their father's last concert promoter of negligently hiring, retaining or supervising Dr. Conrad Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.
    Doctor: Jackson had no REM sleep Paris: Michael said nanny 'lied a lot' Compare Michael Jackson in 2001 to 2009 What did AEG know about MJ's health?
    Jackson lawyers argue that the promoter and producer of the "This Is It" shows pressured Murray to get Jackson to rehearsals but failed to get Jackson help despite numerous red flags that he was in trouble.
    Murray told police he used the surgical anesthetic propofol nearly every night for two months to treat Jackson's insomnia. The coroner ruled that an overdose of propofol killed him.
    AEG Live lawyers argue that Jackson chose and supervised Murray and that their executives had no way of knowing the doctor was using the dangerous treatment.
    A medical conflict of interest
    Dr. Gordon Matheson, the director of the sports medicine department at Stanford University, testified as an expert in medical conflicts of interest Monday.
    After reviewing testimony and evidence in the case, Matheson concluded that AEG Live created a conflict of interest because the contract it negotiated with Murray to serve as Jackson's personal doctor for $150,000 a month "was likely to lead to poor medical decisions."
    Matheson, the team doctor for Stanford's athletic department, compared it to a football coach telling a team doctor on the sidelines in the fourth quarter of a big game that a star quarterback has to go back in the game despite a suspected concussion.
    Murray, who had closed his clinics to take the job and was $1 million in debt, would be inclined not to resist the AEG Live executives' pressure to get Jackson to rehearsals despite evidence of his failing health, Matheson testified.
    Murray himself was conflicted because the negotiated contract was structured so that he answered to AEG, but it also could be canceled if the tour was canceled, he said. "I think that conflict played out as Michael Jackson's health began to deteriorate."
    E-mails from the show director Kenny Ortega and production manager John "Bugzee" Hougdahl warned AEG executives of Jackson's deterioration during June 2009, including indications he was unable to do some of his trademark dances or remember lyrics to songs he had sung for decades.
    His makeup artist and a choreographer testified about Jackson's paranoia, his talking to himself and hearing voices, and his severe weight loss.
    Associate producer Alif Sankey testified that she "had a very strong feeling that Michael was dying" after a rehearsal 11 days before his death.
    "I was screaming into the phone at that point," Sankey testified. "I said he needs to be put in the hospital now."
    Lost battle for sleep
    A Harvard sleep expert testified last week that the nightly propofol treatments likely interrupted Jackson's sleep cycle, robbing him of REM -- rapid eye movement -- sleep, which is vital to keeping the brain and body alive.
    "The symptoms that Mr. Jackson was exhibiting were consistent with what someone might expect to see of someone suffering from total sleep deprivation over a chronic period," Dr. Charles Czeisler, a Harvard Medical School sleep expert, testified Friday at the trial.
    If the singer had not died on June 25, 2009, of a propofol overdose, the lack of REM sleep may have taken his life within days anyway, according Czeisler's testimony Friday.
    Lab rats die after five weeks of getting no REM sleep, he said. It was never tried on a human until Murray gave Jackson nightly propofol infusions for two months.
    Prince to testify
    Prince will be the only one of Jackson's three children who will appear in court, although the video of Paris' deposition over two days in March will be seen at some point during the AEG Live defense presentation. The company compelled her testimony, calling her a key witness to her father's dealings with Murray and to her own relationship with her father.
    Jackson lawyers informed the court last week that Paris, 15, would not be available to testify in person because she is hospitalized for psychiatric treatment after a suicide attempt earlier this month.
    In testimony last week, chef Kai Chase recalled how devastated Paris was in the first moments at home when she realized something was very wrong with her father.
    "We were literally pulling her by her ankles down the stairs as she was trying to go back up, screaming 'Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!'" Chase testified.
    Paris made millions cry two weeks later when she spoke at the public memorial for Jackson.
    "Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine," she said. "And I just want to say that I love him so much."
    Jackson confided in his son about his business dealings at an early age. His testimony is expected to include revelations about what his father told him in his last weeks about whom he trusted and distrusted.
    "Prince has always been, even at 12, the little man -- daddy's little man," Chase testified. "He wanted his father to be very proud of him, which Michael was."
    "The weight of the world is on his shoulders, the eldest, big brother and father figure to his siblings," Chase testified. "It's a lot for him, growing, liking girls. He wishes his father was here to give him advice. It's devastating to him."
    Life after his death
    Jackson died just two weeks before he was to travel with Prince, Paris and Blanket to London where 50 concerts were scheduled over the next 10 months. Their father told them they would go on a long world tour after the London shows, which they were excited about, Paris said in her deposition.
    After the tour, Jackson intended to buy a mansion in Las Vegas to serve as a base while he concentrated on making movies, his children said. To prepare them, Jackson hired a film professor from the University of Southern California to teach them movie-making techniques in their home school.
    With their father gone, the children moved in with their grandmother in the same Los Angeles home where Michael Jackson lived at a teen. The veil of privacy -- which included wearing masks when in public with their father -- was soon replaced by occasional public appearances to honor their father.
    The children spoke at the Grammys, a Hollywood Boulevard dedication ceremony, a tribute concert and to Oprah Winfrey. In each event, they appeared poised beyond their years.
    The two oldest enrolled in a private school, a major change from the home tutoring their father provided.
    Prince and Paris have both begun exploring careers in entertainment.
    Prince worked several days as a "special correspondent" for "Entertainment Tonight" and acted in an episode of the television show "90210." Aunt La Toya Jackson arranged the jobs for him.
    Paris signed up with an A-list Hollywood manager to help with her acting career earlier this year, but that's on hold while she is being treated.
    Blanket, whose nickname came from the blanket his father often covered him with in public, is still taught at home, which is now a big hilltop house in a gated Calabasas, California, community.
    "He does dance moves like his father," according to Chase, who was rehired as the children's chef last year.
    Blanket, now 11, does "a lot of remembering what daddy did, and it's constant nonstop talking of him and his father's relationship together," Chase testified last week. He often wears a T-shirt from the Cirque du Soleil "Immortal" show based on his father's music, Chase said. "He wears it constantly."
    The trial, in its ninth week in a Los Angeles courtroom, is expected to last into August, according to lawyers on both sides.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/24/showbiz/...ath-anniversary
    -------

Il figlio di Michael Jackson testimonia sulla morte del padre

Los Angeles (CNN) - Quattro anni dopo la morte di Michael Jackson, il suo figlio più grande è pronto a raccontare a una giuria gli ultimi giorni della sua vita.

Prince Jackson, ora 16, aveva 12 anni quando ha seguito l'ambulanza portando il padre al Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, nel pomeriggio del 25 giugno 2009.

Lunedi ', nell'illecito per la causa di morte della famiglia Jackson, gli avvocati dei Jackson hanno informato gli avvocati di AEG Live che Prince sarà il prossimo testimone dopo che un medico esperto di conflitti di interesse completerà la sua testimonianza Martedì.

Prince salirà sul banco Mercoledì, il giorno dopo il quarto anniversario della morte di suo padre.

Un conflitto di interesse medico

Il Dr. Gordon Matheson, il direttore del dipartimento di medicina dello sport presso la Stanford University, ha testimoniato come esperto in conflitti di interesse medico questo Lunedi.

Dopo aver esaminato le testimonianze e le prove, nel caso, Matheson ha concluso che AEG Live ha creato un conflitto di interessi in quanto il contratto è statp negoziato con Murray per servire come medico personale Jackson per 150.000 $ al mese "era suscettibile nel condurre decisioni mediche povere."

Matheson, il medico della squadra per il reparto atletico di Stanford, la paragona ad un allenatore di calcio che dice al medico della squadra a bordo campo nel quarto trimestre del gioco che un giocatore caduto per terra, deve tornare indietro nel gioco, nonostante una sospetta commozione cerebrale.

Murray, che aveva chiuso gli ambulatori per prendere il lavoro aveva $ 1 milione di debiti, sarebbe stato incline a non resistere alla pressione dei dirigenti di AEG live 'per far andare Jackson alle prove nonostante i sintomi della sua salute cagionevole, ha testimoniato Matheson.

Murray è stato combattuto perché il contratto negoziato era strutturato in modo che rispondesse solo ad AEG, che potevano annullare il suo contratto se il Tour fosse stato cancellato, ha detto. "Credo che il conflitto giocasse con la salute di Michael Jackson che è iniziata a peggiorare."

Le e-mail inviate dal direttore dello spettacolo Kenny Ortega e dal direttore di produzione John "Bugzee" Hougdahl avvertivano i dirigenti di AEG del deterioramento di Jackson nel mese di giugno 2009, tra cui le indicazioni che non poteva fare le sue famose coreografie o ricordare i testi delle canzoni che aveva cantato per decenni.

La sua truccatrice e una coreografa hanno testimoniato sulla paranoia di Jackson, il suo parlare a se stesso e sentire le voci, e la sua grave perdita di peso.

Il produttore associato Alif Sankey ha testimoniato che lei "aveva una fortissima sensazione che Michael stava morendo" dopo una prova 11 giorni prima della sua morte.

"Stavo urlando al telefono, a quel punto," ha testimoniato Sankey. "Ho detto che aveva bisogno di essere ricoverato in ospedale, ora."

Jackson aveva subito infusioni notturne di propofol per due mesi, senza riuscire ad entrare nella fase REM e quindi non dormendo.

Prince nuovo testimone

Prince sarà l'unico dei tre figli di Jackson, che comparirà in tribunale, anche se il video della deposizione di Parie registrato 'in due giornate dimarzo sarà visto ad un certo punto durante la presentazione della difesa diAEG Live. La società ha costretto la sua testimonianza, chiamandola come testimone chiave per i rapporti di suo padre con Murray e al suo rapporto con il padre.

Gli avvocati dei Jackson hanno informato il tribunale la scorsa settimana che Paris, 15, non sarebbe disponibile a testimoniare di persona, perché lei è ricoverata in ospedale per un trattamento psichiatrico dopo un tentativo di suicidio all'inizio di questo mese.

Nella testimonianza della scorsa settimana, la chef Kai Chase ha ricordato come Paris era devastata nei primi momenti a casa quando si rese conto della scomparsa del padre.

"L'abbiamo letteralmente presa per le caviglie giù per le scale mentre cercava di risalire, urlando 'Papà, papà, papà!'" ha testimoniato Chase.

Paris due settimane più tardi pianse davanti a due milioni di persone, quando parlò al memorial pubblico di Jackson.

"Da quando sono nata, papà è stato il miglior padre che si possa immaginare", disse. "E io voglio solo dire che lo amo così tanto."

Jackson ha confidato a suo figlio circa i suoi rapporti d'affari in tenera età. La sua testimonianza è prevista per includere rivelazioni su ciò che suo padre gli aveva detto nelle sue ultime settimane su cui si fidava e diffidava.

"Prince è sempre stato, anche a 12, un piccolo uomo - il piccolo uomo di papà," ha testimoniato Chase. "Voleva che suo padre potesse essere molto orgoglioso di lui, quello che Michael era".

"Il peso del mondo è sulle sue spalle, il più grande, il fratello maggiore e figura paterna per i suoi fratelli," ha testimoniato Chase. "E 'molto per lui, sta crescendo, ha la simpatia ragazze. Vuole che suo padre potessere essere qui per dargli consigli.' E' stato devastante per lui."

La vita dopo la morte

Jackson è morto appena due settimane prima che lui viaggiasse con Prince, Paris e Blanket a Londra dove 50 concerti erano stati programmati per i prossimi 10 mesi.
    Il loro padre gli disse che avrebbe intrapreso un lungo tour mondiale dopo gli spettacoli di Londra, loro erano entusiasti, ha detto Paris nella sua deposizione.

Dopo il tour, Jackson intendeva acquistare una casa a Las Vegas dove dovevano rimanere e si doveva concentrare sulla regia di film, hanno detto i suoi figli. Per prepararli, Jackson aveva assunto un professore di cinema della University of Southern California per insegnare loro le tecniche della creazione di un film, nella loro casa.

Con il loro padre scomparso, i bambini hanno vissuto con la nonna nella stessa casa di Los Angeles dove Michael Jackson ha vissuto da adolescente. Il velo di segretezza - che comprendeva le maschere che indossano in pubblico con il loro padre - è stato presto sostituito da occasionali apparizioni in pubblico per onorare il loro padre.

Trauzione Giuspe MJFA

12. giulhia
        Top   -1

User deleted

PRINCE JACKSON AEG WAS KILLING DAD

0507-prince-michael-jackson-getty-3

:tmz_1.png:

6/26/2013 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Prince Jackson -- Michael Jackson's eldest son -- told jurors today in the wrongful death case, Michael Jackson had such problems with AEG he would cry and say, "They're gonna kill me ... they're gonna kill me."

Prince testified his dad was amped over the "This Is It" tour but felt he needed more time to rehearse. Apparently, AEG and MJ got into it during phone conversations and the calls made Michael break down in tears.

Prince also testified AEG honcho Randy Phillips came over to the house several times and he saw Phillips aggressively grab Dr. Conrad Murray by the elbow, as if to school him.

Prince got personal and talked about how involved Michael was in his kids' lives -- something that's highly relevant in a wrongful death case in assessing damages. He told the jury about how MJ loved home videos -- one showing Prince on a little car as Paris talked into a mic while "Daddy's Home" (a Jackson 5 song) played in the background.

Prince also said the day MJ went into full cardiac arrest at his home, Paris was screaming that she wanted her daddy. Prince says Dr. Murray announced at the house that MJ was dead from a heart attack.

The point of the testimony -- lawyers for the Jackson family are trying to prove AEG pushed Michael mercilessly and that, combined with Murray's bad medicine, cost MJ his life.

Source: www.tmz.com/2013/06/26/prince-jacks...suit-testimony/

- Traduzione-

Prince Jackson AEG stava uccidendo Papa'

Prince Jackson - figlio maggiore di Michael Jackson - ha detto ai giurati oggi nel caso di omissione di soccorso che Michael Jackson ha avuto molti problemi con AEG, gridava e diceva: "Essi mi uccideranno ... loro mi uccideranno".

Prince ha testimoniato che il suo papà è stato perseguitato su il "This Is It" tour, ma egli sentiva il bisogno di più tempo per fare le prove. A quanto pare, AEG e MJ hanno avuto su questo argomento conversazioni telefoniche e queste chiamate effettuate a Michael lo abbattevano e lo lasciavano in lacrime.

Prince ha anche testimoniato che AEG CEO Randy Phillips era andato diverse volte in casa e vide Phillips afferrare aggressivamente il dottor Conrad Murray per il gomito, come se lo stesse istruendo.

Prince ha parlato di come personalmente Michael era coinvolto con la vita dei suoi figli '- qualcosa che è molto rilevante in un caso di omicidio colposo per la valutazione dei danni. Egli ha detto alla giuria di come MJ amava gli home video - uno che mostrava Prince in una piccola auto e Paris mentre parlava in un microfono e "Daddy's Home" (una canzone dei Jackson 5) suonava in sottofondo.

Prince ha anche detto che il giorno che MJ è andato in pieno arresto cardiaco nella sua casa, Paris stava urlando che voleva il suo papà. Prince dice che il dottor Murray ha annunciato in casa che MJ era morto per un attacco cardiaco.

Il fulcro della testimonianza - gli avvocati per la famiglia Jackson stanno cercando di dimostrare che AEG ha spinto Michael senza pietà e questo insieme alla pratica medica pessima di Conrad Murray, a MJ e' costata la sua vita.

Edited by giulhia - 26/6/2013, 21:55

13.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

JACKSON'S SON SAYS FATHER FEARED CONCERT PROMOTER

460x

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's eldest son testified Wednesday that his father was excited about going back on tour before his death but wasn't happy about the terms of the ill-fated shows.

Prince Jackson told jurors his father wanted more time to rehearse and had several tense phone conversations with promoters of his "This Is It" shows that sometimes ended with his father in tears.

The 16-year-old said his father remarked after one of the conversations, "'They're going to kill me,'" Prince testified. He did not elaborate.

The lawsuit claims AEG negligently hired the doctor who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

AEG denies it hired the physician or bears any responsibility for the entertainer's death.

The testimony by Prince Jackson began with the teenager showing jurors roughly 15 minutes of private family photos and home videos.

He described growing up on Neverland Ranch and showed the panel videos of the property's petting zoos and other amenities. After his father's acquittal of child molestation charges, Prince described living in the Middle East, Ireland and Las Vegas.

He told the jury that his father was always working, but his children had no idea he was a global superstar.

"We always listened to his music, but we never knew how famous he was," Prince said.

He said he and his sister Paris watched a video of one of their father's performances and got a sense of his fame when overwhelmed fans were carried from his shows on stretchers.

Prince is the first Jackson family member to testify during the trial, now in its ninth week. Attorneys have said TJ Jackson, who serves a co-guardian to Prince and his siblings, and Taj Jackson, are also expected to take the witness stand. They are the sons of Tito Jackson.

Prince Jackson, his sister Paris and brother Blanket are plaintiffs in the case against AEG, which their grandmother and primary caretaker filed in August 2010.

In court, Prince wore a black suit with a dark grey tie with his long brown hair tucked behind his ears. He spoke softly as he began testifying, and the first exhibit shown to jurors was a photo taken with their grandmother on his and Paris' first day of school.

He described his school life, including taking a summer course in U.S. history, participating on the school's robotics team and volunteer work.

Another image shown to jurors was Michael Jackson playing piano with his son while Prince was still an infant or toddler.

Plaintiff's attorney Brian Panish asked Prince whether he was interested in pursuing a career in music.

"I can never play an instrument and I definitely cannot sing," Prince said to laughter from the jury.

He said he wanted to study film or business when he goes to college.

Prince said he helped attorneys pick out the videos and photos shown in court.

Michael Jackson sheltered his children from the public eye while he was alive, often obscuring their faces while out in public. The children have been more public in recent years, appearing at a star-studded memorial service and other events honoring their father.

Paris, 15, had also been expected to testify during the case but was hospitalized last month and her status as a witness remained unclear. Attorneys for AEG played a snippet of her videotaped deposition last week, and more of her testimony may be played for the jury later in the trial.

Blanket, 11, is not expected to testify.

The jury of six men and six women has learned numerous details about Jackson's role as a father during the case. They've heard about a secret trip to a movie weeks before Michael Jackson's death, a private circus he hired for Paris' 11th birthday, and Blanket's interest in his father's dance rehearsals.

The trial is expected to last several more weeks.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/jacksons-so...oncert-promoter
    ---------

IL FIGLIO DI JACKSON, RACCONTA CHE IL PADRE TEMEVA IL PROMOTER DEI CONCERTI

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Il figlio maggiore di Michael Jackson ha testimoniato Mercoledì che suo padre era entusiasta di tornare in tour prima della sua morte, ma non era felice degli accordi presi per gli spettacoli.

Prince Jackson ha detto ai giurati che il ​​padre voleva più tempo per fare le prove e aveva avuto diverse conversazioni telefoniche molto tese con i promotori del tour "This Is It" telefonate che spesso si concludevano con le lacrime.

Il 16enne ha detto il padre commentò dopo una di queste telefonate, "'Hanno intenzione di uccidermi'", ha testimoniato Prince .

La testimonianza di Prince Jackson è iniziata con la visione per i giurati di 15 minuti di foto di famiglia e video .

Ha descritto il suo crescere nel Neverland Ranch e sono state mostrate immagini di vari servizi e zone del Ranch. Dopo la sentenza di assoluzione nel processo di accuse per molestie , Prince ha detto che avevano vissuto in Medio Oriente, in Irlanda e a Las Vegas.

Ha detto alla giuria che suo padre ha sempre lavorato, ma loro non avevano assolutamente idea che lui fosse una superstar mondiale.

"Abbiamo sempre ascoltato la sua musica, ma non abbiamo mai saputo quanto in realtà fosse famoso" ha detto Prince.

Ha detto che lui e sua sorella Paris hanno guardato un video di una delle performance del loro padre e hanno capito quanto fosse grande la sua fama, quando hanno visto le immagini dei fan in delirio che si sentivano male e venivano portati via in barelle.

Prince è il primo membro della famiglia a testimoniare nel processo , giunto alla sua nona settimana. Gli avvocati hanno detto che TJ Jackson, co-tutore di lui e dei fratelli , e Taj Jackson, saliranno sul banco dei testimoni .

In tribunale, Prince ha indossato un abito nero con una cravatta grigio scuro e i capelli lunghi pettinati dietro le orecchie. Parlava a bassa voce, quando ha iniziato la testimonianza, e la prima foto mostrata ai giurati è una scattata insieme alla nonna e Paris nel loro primo giorno di scuola .

Ha descritto la sua vita scolastica, compresa la partecipazione ad un corso estivo sulla storia degli Stati Uniti, la partecipazione a un team sulla robotica fatto a scuola e il volontariato.

Un'altra immagine mostrata ai giurati è stata quella di Michael Jackson seduto al piano con suo figlio, mentre Prince era ancora piccolo.

Brian Panish ha chiesto a Prince se fosse interessato a perseguire una carriera musicale.

"Non riesco a suonare alcun strumento e nemmeno a cantare", ha detto Prince facendo sorridere la giuria.

Ha detto che voleva studiare il mondo del cinema e del business.

Principe ha detto di aver aiutato gli avvocati a scegliere i video e le foto mostrate in tribunale.

Michael Jackson teneva il suoi figli protetti dalla scena pubblica, mentre era in vita, spesso mettendo delle maschere sui loro volti . I bambini sono stati più esposti al pubblico negli ultimi anni, e sono apparsi in diverse occasioni commemarative e eventi in onore del padre.

Paris 15 anni doveva anche testimoniare, , ma è stata ricoverata in ospedale il mese scorso e il suo status di testimone è al momento poco chiaro. Gli avvocati di AEG hanno fatto vedere una parte della sua deposizione videoregistrata, la scorsa settimana, e probabilmente altre parti della deposizione verranno mostrate durante il processo.

Blanket 11 anni non è previsto possa testimoniare.

La giuria di sei uomini e sei donne ha imparato molte cose sul ruolo di Jackson come padre durante il caso. Hanno sentito parlare di un viaggio segreto per andare al cinema, alcune settimane prima della morte di Michael Jackson, un circo privato assunto per l'11mo compleanno di Paris , e dell''interesse di Blanket per la danza di suo padre

Il processo dovrebbe durare diverse settimane.

14. *Kriss*
        Top   -1

User deleted

:( mi fa diventare triste questa testimonianza :(

15.     Top   -1

Dirty Diana

Group

Status

'They're going to kill me,' Michael Jackson told son

By Alan Duke, CNN

June 26, 2013 -- Updated 1831 GMT (0231 HKT)

130625160610-09-x17-jackson-children-horizontal-gallery

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson often cried after talking to AEG Live executives as he prepared for his comeback concerts, his oldest son testified Wednesday.
    "After he got off the phone, he would cry," Prince Jackson testified. "He would say 'They're going to kill me, they're going to kill me.'"
    His father told him he was talking about AEG LIve CEO Randy Phillips and his ex-manager, Dr. Tohme Tohme, Prince said.
    Prince, 16, began his testimony Wednesday morning in his family's wrongful death lawsuit against Jackson's last concert promoter, AEG Live.
    His first 30 minutes on the stand were filled with videos and photographs of Jackson with his children, but then the questioning by Jackson lawyer Brian Panish focused on the last weeks of his father's life.
    Prince testified that Phillips visited Jackson's rented Los Angeles mansion and spoke aggressively to Dr. Conrad Murray the night before his father's death.
    "He was grabbing his elbow," Prince said. "It looked aggressive to me. He was grabbing by the back of his elbow and they were really close and he was making hand motions."
    He couldn't hear what Phillips was saying to Murray, he said.
    Michael Jackson was not there because he was at his last rehearsal, Prince said. He called his father from the security guard shack telephone to let him know Phillips was there. His father asked him to offer Phillips food and drink.
    Prince said that was his last conversation with his father.
    Prince was 12 when the pop icon died, but he said his father confided in him about whom he trusted and didn't trust and what he feared as he prepared for his comeback concerts.
    Michael Jackson's three children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- and their grandmother Katherine Jackson are plaintiffs in the lawsuit, which contends AEG Live is liable in Jackson's death because the company hired, retained or supervised Murray, the doctor convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
    Murray told investigators he gave Jackson nightly infusions of the surgical anesthetic propofol to treat his insomnia. The coroner ruled the singer died of an overdose of the drug.
    AEG Live executives allegedly created a medical conflict of interest that pressured Murray to pursue the dangerous treatments so Jackson would be rested for rehearsals, while ignoring warning signs that his health was failing, Jackson family lawyers argue.
    AEG Live lawyers contend that it was Jackson who chose and controlled the doctor and that company executives had no way of knowing what treatments Murray was delivering.
    Prince Jackson's 16th birthday gift: A career

'Daddy's little man'

AEG Live lead lawyer Marvin Putnam is expected to handle the cross-examination of Prince later Wednesday.
    It is possible that jurors will also hear from Paris Jackson on Wednesday, since Putnam could play video clips from her deposition in an effort to highlight any contradictions between brother and sister.
    Paris, who was 11 when her father died, is not available to testify live in court since she is hospitalized for psychiatric treatment following an apparent suicide attempt earlier this month.
    AEG Live attempted to compel the youngest child -- 11-year-old Blanket -- to testify, but the judge rejected its request after a psychologist said it would harm the boy.
    Jackson confided in his oldest son about his business dealings at an early age.
    "Prince has always been, even at 12, the little man -- Daddy's little man," Jackson chef Kai Chase testified. "He wanted his father to be very proud of him, which Michael was."
    "The weight of the world is on his shoulders, the eldest, big brother and father figure to his siblings," Chase testified. "It's a lot for him, growing, liking girls. He wishes his father was here to give him advice. It's devastating to him."
    Prince recently began pursuing an entertainment career, working several days as a "special correspondent" for "Entertainment Tonight" and acting in an episode of the television show "90210."

Michael Jackson's two-month decline

Prince was also asked to describe how his father's health changed from April 2009, just before Murray began his nightly visits to the rented Los Angeles mansion, until his death on June 25, 2009.
    E-mail introduced as evidence and previous witnesses have told of a physical and mental deterioration over Jackson's last two months.
    Show director Kenny Ortega and production manager John "Bugzee" Hougdahl warned AEG executives of Jackson's deterioration during a series of e-mails in Jackson's last two weeks, including indications he was unable to do some of his trademark dances or remember lyrics to songs he had sung for decades.
    His makeup artist and a choreographer testified about Jackson's paranoia, his talking to himself and hearing voices, and his severe weight loss.
    Associate show producer Alif Sankey testified that she "had a very strong feeling that Michael was dying" after a rehearsal 11 days before his death.
    "I was screaming into the phone at that point," Sankey testified. "I said he needs to be put in the hospital now."
    An expert testified last week that Jackson's downward slide toward death could be explained by the insidious effects of chronic infusions of propofol. The nightly treatments probably interrupted Jackson's sleep cycle, robbing him of REM -- rapid eye movement -- sleep, which is vital to keeping the brain and body functioning.
    "The symptoms that Mr. Jackson was exhibiting were consistent with what someone might expect to see of someone suffering from total sleep deprivation over a chronic period," said Dr. Charles Czeisler, a Harvard Medical School sleep expert.
    The trial is in its ninth week and is expected to last until August.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/26/showbiz/...harebar_twitter

TRADUZIONE

'Hanno intenzione di uccidermi,' ha detto Michael Jackson '

Los Angeles (CNN) - Michael Jackson piangeva spesso dopo aver parlato con i dirigenti dell' AEG live dirigenti mentre si preparava per i suoi concerti di rimonta, il suo figlio maggiore ha testimoniato Mercoledì.
    "Dopo aver messo giù il telefono, piangeva," ha testimoniato Prince Jackson. "Diceva 'Hanno intenzione di uccidermi, hanno intenzione di uccidermi.'"
    Suo padre gli disse che stava parlando dell'amministratore delegato dell'AEG Live Randy Phillips e il suo ex-manager, il dottor Tohme Tohme, ha detto Prince.
    Prince, 16, ha iniziato Mercoledì mattina la sua testimonianza nella causa per illecita morte della sua famiglia contro l'organizzatore degli ultimi concerti di Jackson, la AEG Live.
    I suoi primi 30 minuti dello stand erano pieni di video e fotografie di Jackson con i suoi figli, ma poi l'interrogatorio dell' avvocato dei Jackson Brian Panish si è concentrato sulle ultime settimane di vita di suo padre.
    Prince ha testimoniato che Phillips è arrivato alla villa in affitto di Jackson a Los Angeles e ha parlato in maniera aggressiva con il dottor Conrad Murray, la notte prima della morte di suo padre.
    "Stava afferrando il suo gomito," Principe ha detto. " Mi è sembrato aggressivo. Lo stava afferrando per la parte posteriore del gomito ed erano davvero molto vicini ed egli gesticolava con la mano."
    Ha detto che non riusciva a sentire quello che Phillips stava dicendo a Murray.
    Prince ha detto cheMichael Jackson non era lì perché era alla sua ultima prova. Chiamò il padre dal telefono della baracca della guardia di sicurezza per fargli sapere che Phillips era là. Suo padre gli chiese di offrire a Phillips cibo e bevande.
    Principe ha detto che fu la sua ultima conversazione con il padre.
    Principe aveva 12 anni quando l'icona del pop morì, ma ha detto suo padre gli aveva confidato quali erano le persone di cui si fidava e non si fidava e di che cosa aveva paura mentre si preparava per i suoi concerti per il ritorno sulle scene.

I tre figli di Michael Jackson - Prince, Paris e Blanket - e la loro nonna Katherine Jackson sono parte querelante nella causa, che sostiene che l'AEG Live è responsabile della morte di Jackson, perché la società ha assunto, mantenuto o supervisionato Murray, il medico condannato per omicidio colposo.
    Murray ha detto agli investigatori che ha dato Jackson infusioni notturne dell'anestetico chirurgico Propofol per curare l'insonnia. Il medico legale ha stabilito il cantante è morto per overdose del farmaco.
    Gli avvocati della famiglia Jackson sostengono che i dirigenti della AEG live avrebbero presumibilmente creato un conflitto di interesse medico che avrebbe fatto pressione su Murray per eseguire trattamenti pericolosi così Jackson sarebbe stato riposato per le prove, ignorando i segnali di pericolo e che la sua salute che stava peggiorando.
    Gli avvocati della AEG live avvocati sostengono fermamente che fu Jackson ha scegliere e controllare il medico e che i dirigenti dell'azienda non avevano modo di sapere quali trattamenti Murray stava praticando.

'Ometto di papà'

L'avvocato dell'AEG live Marvin Putnam si prevede di gestire l'interrogatorio di Prince Mercoledì sul tardi.
    E 'possibile che i giurati possano anche sentire la testimonianza di Paris Jackson, Mercoledì, dal momento che Putnam potrebbe riprodurre clip video della sua deposizione, nel tentativo di mettere in luce eventuali contraddizioni tra fratello e sorella.
    Paris, che aveva 11 anni quando suo padre morì , non è disponibile a testimoniare dal vivo in tribunale dal momento che è ricoverata in ospedale per un trattamento psichiatrico a seguito di un apparente tentativo di suicidio all'inizio di questo mese.
    AEG live tentato di costringere il figlio più giovane - 11 anni, Blanket - a testimoniare, ma il giudice ha respinto la sua richiesta dopo che uno psicologo ha detto che avrebbe danneggiato il ragazzo.
    Jackson confidava a suo figlio maggiore i suoi rapporti d'affari già tenera età.
    "Prince è sempre stato, anche a 12 anni , il piccolo uomo - piccolo uomo di papà", ha testimoniato la cuoca di Jackson Kai Chase . "Voleva che suo padre fosse molto orgoglioso di lui, e Michael lo era".
    "Il peso del mondo è sulle sue spalle, è il più grande, il Grande Fratello e figura paterna per i suoi fratelli,"ha testimoniato la Chase. "E 'molto per lui, cresce, gli piacciono le ragazze. Egli vorrebbe che suo padre fossequi a dargli consigli.' Devastante per lui."
    Prince ha recentemente iniziato a perseguire una carriera di intrattenitore, lavorando diversi giorni come un "inviato speciale" per "Entertainment Tonight" e recitare in un episodio della serie televisiva "90210."

I due mesi di declino di Michael Jackson

A Prince è stato anche chiesto di descrivere come la salute di suo padre cambiò da aprile 2009, poco prima che Murray iniziasse le sue visite notturne al palazzo affittato a Los Angeles, fino alla sua morte il 25 giugno 2009.
    E-mail introdotte come prova e testimoni precedenti hanno raccontato di un deterioramento fisico e mentale negli ultimi due mesi di vita di Jackson.
    Il regista Kenny Ortega e il direttore di produzione John "Bugzee" Hougdahl avevano avvertito i dirigenti dell'AEG del deterioramento di Jackson nelle due ultime settimane nel corso di una serie di e-mail, includendo le indicazioni che ehgli non aveva potuto eseguire molti dei suoi caratteristici passi di danza o ricordare i testi delle canzoni che aveva cantato per decenni.
    La sua truccatrice e un coreografo hanno testimoniato sulla paranoia di Jackson, il suo parlare a se stesso e sentire voci, e la sua grave perdita di peso.
    Il produttore associato dello spettacolo Alif Sankey ha testimoniato che lei "ha avuto un fortissimo presentimento che Michael stesse morendo" dopo una prova 11 giorni prima della sua morte.
    "Stavo urlando al telefono, a quel punto," ha testimoniato la Sankey. "Ho detto che aveva bisogno di essere portato in ospedale,subito."
    Un esperto ha testimoniato la scorsa settimana che la parabola discendente di Jackson verso la morte potrebbe essere spiegata con gli effetti insidiosi delle infusioni continue di Propofol. I trattamenti notturni probabilmente hanno interrotto il ciclo del sonno di Jackson, privandolo di REM - Rapid Eye Movement - il sonno, che è vitale per mantenere il cervello e il funzionamento del corpo.
    "I sintomi che il signor Jackson stava manifestando erano coerenti con quello che qualcuno potrebbe aspettarsi di vedere in qualcuno che soffre di privazione totale di sonno per un periodo prolungato ", ha detto il dottor Charles Czeisler, un esperto del sonno della Harvard Medical School .
    Il processo è alla sua nona settimana e dovrebbe durare fino ad agosto.

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8182 views