TRIAL-JACKSON FAM vs AEG LIVE ONLY NEWS

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Gongaware testifies in Michael Jackson trial (May 30,2013)

di MJacksonFakeDeath

Video

2. specchiodiluna
        Top   -1

User deleted

traduzione???

3.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (specchiodiluna @ 4/6/2013, 17:15) 
    traduzione???

e quanto paghi? :D

4.     Top   -1

Black or White

Group
    Moderatore Globale

Status
    CITAZIONE (valerie77 @ 4/6/2013, 17:42) 
    CITAZIONE (specchiodiluna @ 4/6/2013, 17:15) 
    traduzione???

e quanto paghi? :D

:ahah: :clap: :clap: :ahah: :ahah:

5.     Top   -1

Black or White

Group
    Moderatore Globale

Status

AEG co CEO wasn't worried about Jackson's care (May 30,2013)

Video

Michael Jackson wrongful death trial Video deposition becomes key piece of evidence (June

Video

Gongaware testifies Jackson was excited, healthy (June 1,2013)

Video

AEG executive: Healthy Michael Jackson hired Conrad Murray himself (June 3,2013)

Video

6.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

AEG exec accuses Michael Jackson's mom, kids of extortion

By Alan Duke

130401112347-katherine-jackson-horizontal-gallery

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Claims of extortion and laughter-inducing testimony stemming from legal advice on e-mails highlighted Tuesday's proceedings in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial.
    Randy Phillips, the chief executive officer of AEG Live, disclosed that his lawyers advised company executives not to review old e-mails before testifying.
    That strategy could explain the high number of "I don't recall" answers by Paul Gongaware, the concert promoter's co-CEO, during his deposition and six days of testimony that have just concluded.
    Phillips, who followed Gongaware on the witness stand Tuesday afternoon, said he believed Jackson's mother and three children were trying to extort money from his company, which he insisted bears no liability in the pop icon's death in 2009.
    The Jacksons' lawsuit accuses the company of negligently hiring, retaining or supervising Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's drug overdose death.
    AEG lawyers contend Jackson chose, paid and controlled Murray, who infused him with the surgical anesthetic propofol almost every night for a month to help the singer rest as he prepared for his comeback "This Is It" concerts.
    Jackson lawyer Brian Panish, who has been previously told by the judge not to argue with witnesses, quickly tangled with Phillips.
    "Please don't argue with me because then I will argue back and get in trouble," Panish told Phillips at one point.
    "Then that's an incentive for me," Phillips joked.
    The feisty chemistry between lawyer and witness promises to keep jurors, who often chuckle at Panish's courtroom behavior, on the edge of their seats for the next day or so.
    Gongaware's testimony was punctuated with so many "I don't recall" responses that jurors began laughing at one point. He frequently said he couldn't recall sending or reading key e-mails in the case, although his e-mail address was on them.
    Panish asked Gongaware whether he thought it would have been better for him if he had reviewed documents and e-mails before testifying.
    "I relied on the advice of my attorney," he said.
    With his testimony concluded, Gongaware will resume his responsibilities as tour manager for the Rolling Stones.
    "All this legal stuff, I don't understand it," he said.
    Phillips, a law school dropout, seemed ready to rumble when he entered court after Gongaware. But he acknowledged that until two weeks ago, he had not looked at any of his old e-mails to refresh his memory.
    "They felt it would be better if I went in without preparation," he said, referring to his lawyers.
    AEG Live lawyer Marvin Putman said outside of court that the volume of documents they would have needed to review was massive, making it impossible for them to prepare.
    E-mails that AEG Live executives sent and received in the months before Jackson's death include one in which Phillips assures show director Kenny Ortega that the company has "checked out" Murray and found him to be very successful.
    AEG Live executives later acknowledged they did not do a background check on Murray, who a police detective testified was in debt for more than $1 million dollars and faced foreclosure on his home.
    "I wrote it in the e-mail that I thought at the time he had been checked out," Phillips testified Tuesday. He wrote that Murray was successful "because that's what I was told," he said.
    "In retrospect, it's not 100% true," Phillips said. "There's what I thought at the time versus what I learned afterwards."
    Phillips, Gongaware and other AEG Live executives ignored red flags that should have alerted them that Jackson's life was in danger, the Jackson lawsuit contends.
    Murray signed and faxed his $150,000-a-month contract back to AEG Live, but with Jackson's death the next day on June 25, 2009, Phillips didn't sign it. AEG lawyers argue that means it was not a fully executed agreement and Murray was never hired by them.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/04/showbiz/...harebar_twitter
    ---------
    Traduzione

L'esecutivo di AEG accusa la madre di Michael Jackson e i figli di estorsione

Los Angeles (CNN) - Le accuse di estorsione e le risate indotte dalla testimonianza derivante dalla consulenza legale sulle e-mail , sono le evidenze della giornata di aula di martedì nel processo per omicidio colposo di Michael Jackson.
    Randy Phillips, il direttore generale della AEG Live ha rivelato che i suoi avvocati hanno invitato i suoi dirigenti a non riguardare i messaggi di posta elettronica prima di testimoniare.
    Tale strategia potrebbe spiegare l'alto numero di "non ricordo" nelle risposte di Paul Gongaware, co-amministratore delegato dell'azienda promotrice di concerti, durante la sua deposizione e i sei giorni di testimonianza che si sono appena conclusi.
    Phillips, che ha fatto seguito a Gongaware sul banco dei testimoni,Martedì pomeriggio, ha detto di ritenere che la madre di Jackson e i tre bambini stiano cercando di estorcere denaro alla sua Azienda, e ha insistito nel confermare che la sua società non ha alcuna responsabilità sulla morte dell'icona Pop.
    L'avvocato dei Jackson, Brian Panish, che in precedenza era stato richiamato dal giudice di non discutere con i testimoni, si è velocemente messo in conflitto con Phillips.
    "Siete pregato di non discutere con me, perché se no verò richiamato di nuovo e finirò nei guai", ha detto Panish a Phillips ad un certo punto.
    "Allora questo è un incentivo per me", ha scherzato Phillips.
    Lo scambio esilarante tra l'avvocato e il testimone promette di mantenere i giurati, che spesso sorridono nel vedere i comportamenti di Panish, piuttosto interessati.
    La testimonianza di Gongaware è stata scandita da tanti di quei"non ricordo" che i giurati ad un certo punto hanno iniziato a ridere . Ha spesso detto che non riusciva a ricordare l'invio o la chiave di lettura di alcune delle e-mail, anche se c'era il suo indirizzo e-mail sopra.
    Panish ha chiesto a Gongaware se pensava sarebbe stato meglio per lui aver esaminato documenti e e-mail prima di testimoniare.
    "Ho fatto affidamento sul consiglio del mio avvocato", ha detto.
    Con la sua testimonianza conclusasi, Gongaware riprenderà le sue responsabilità come tour manager per i Rolling Stones.
    "Tutta questa roba legale, non la capisco", ha detto.
    Phillips, un rinunciatario di laurea in legge,sembrava pronto a ripetersi quando è entrato in tribunale dopo Gongaware. Ma ha subito riconosciuto che fino a due settimane fa, non aveva guardato nessuna delle sue vecchie e-mail per rinfrescarsi la memoria.
    "Hanno ritenuto che sarebbe stato meglio se mi fossi presentato senza preparazione," ha detto, riferendosi ai suoi avvocati.
    L'avvocato Marvin Putman , di AEG LIVE,ha detto, fuori del tribunale, che il volume di documenti che avrebbero avuto bisogno di rivedere era davvero massiccio, e questo ha reso a loro impossibile prepararsi..
    Le e-mail che i dirigenti di AEG live hanno inviato e ricevuto nei mesi prima della morte di Jackson includono una(mail) in cui Phillips assicura il direttore dello spettacolo Kenny Ortega che la Società ha "controllato" Murray e che era stato un gran successo.
    I dirigenti di AEG, hanno però poi tuttavia riconosciuto successivamente di non aver fatto alcun controllo preventivo su Murray, che , come ha testimoniato un detective della polizia, aveva debiti per oltre un 1 milione di dollari , oltre a rischiare la propria casa.
    "Quello che ho scritto nella mail e quello che pensavo nel momento in cui l'ho scritto" ha testimoniato Phillips,Martedì. Ha detto " ho scritto che Murray era un gran successo, perchè è quello che mi era stato detto".
    "Col senno di poi, non era vero assolutamente", ha detto Phillips. "Quello che pensavo al momento,non è quello che penso oggi, rispetto a quello che ho saputo dopo."
    La querela dei Jackson sostiene che Phillips, Gongaware e altri dirigenti AEG hanno ignorato i segnali che avrebbero dovuto fargli capire che la vita di Jackson era in pericolo.
    Murray ha firmato e inviato via fax il suo contratto per 150.000 dollari al mese,a AEG Live, ma con la morte di Jackson il giorno dopo il 25 giugno 2009, Phillips non lo ha controfirmato. In base a questo AEG Live sostiene che il contratto non era pienamente eseguito e questo dimostra che Murray non era assunto da loro.

7.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

MICHAEL JACKSON Superfan Anted Up $16K To Fly Banners Over Trial

0604-michael-jackson-plane-court-3

One of Michael Jackson's biggest fans is SO CONVINCED there's something fishy about his death ... that she dropped $16,800 on her credit cards to have conspiracy-theory banners flown all over the L.A. area ... TMZ has learned.

The message-towing planes mysteriously started buzzing L.A. 2 weeks ago with banners like, "FOLLOW THE $ TO MICHAEL JACKSON'S DEATH" ... and "LAPD -- HONOR BOUND TO TELL TRUTH FOR MJ."

Sources connected to AirSign, the company flying the banners, confirmed to TMZ ... a Hollywood costume shop worker paid for 11 flights over several locations including the downtown L.A. courthouse where Michael's wrongful death lawsuit is going on right now.

0603-michael-jackson-wm-airplane-article-1

The woman, who wants to remain anonymous, tells us ... "I'm hoping that someone will look at those messages and say, 'If someone feels that strongly about it, maybe this is worth looking into."

As for the massive cc debt ... she says she can handle it because she's single and kid-free.

And in case you think she's totally nuts ... she does have one connection to MJ. The shop where she works supplied some costumes for "This Is It."

Totally worth it.
    www.tmz.com/2013/06/05/michael-jack...ul-death-trial/
    ----------
    Traduzione

Una superfan di Michael Jackson ha pagato oltre 16.000 dollari per far volare dei banner pubblicitari sopra la zona del processo

Una delle più grandi fan di Michael Jackson , è così convinta che ci sia qualche cosa di strano sulla sua morte… che si è impegnata con le carte di credito sino al costo di 16.800 dollari per avere dei banner pubblicitari da far volare intorno all'area dove si tiene il processo a Los Angeles.

I messaggi volanti hanno iniziato a girare misteriosamente 2 settimane fa , con dietro scritte pubblicitarie come “SEGUITE I SOLDI NELLA MORTE DI MJ" o " LDAP- L'ONORE VI OBBLIGA A DIRE LA VERITA'SU MJ".
    Le fonti, sono collegate alla AirSign, la società che porta in volo le insegne, e hanno confermato a TMZ… che una dipendente di un negozio di costumi a Hollywood, ha pagato per 11 voli sopra parecchi punti, compreso il tribunale del centro di L.A. dove si sta svolgendo il processo per la morte di MJ.

La donna, che vuole rimanere anonima, ha detto… “sto sperando che qualcuno veda quei messaggi e dica, 'se qualcuno ritiene che sia così importante, forse vale la pena esaminare meglio da vicino.„

Per quanto riguarda il debito che ha contratto nelle carte di credito dice che può occuparsene tranquillamente, perchè lei è single e non ha figli.
    E nel caso pensiate che sia completamente matta… ha un collegamento con MJ. Il negozio in cui lavora ha fornito alcuni dei costumi per il “Thi is it.„

Assolutamente degno.

8.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Lo studio degli avvocati dei Jackson PanishSheaBoyle LLP ha messo a disposizione, alcuni degli elementi di prova che vengono presentati nel processo.
    Nulla che non abbiamo mai visto.. ma trattandosi anche di foto che riguardano la camera di MJ i farmaci ect..
    Aprire con cautela http://ht.ly/lAqmf

Edited by valerie77 - 5/6/2013, 23:03

9. specchiodiluna
        Top   -1

User deleted

mi spieghi cosa devo vedere?? solo informazione..grazie

10. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson Lawsuit Is Extortion Attempt, AEG Live CEO Says

The head of AEG Live told a jury on Tuesday that he believes a lawsuit filed by Michael Jackson's mother against the concert promotion company was a baseless extortion attempt.

CEO Randy Phillips also said the company bears no responsibility for Jackson's 2009 death, as his mother contends.

Katherine Jackson is suing AEG Live LLC, claiming it failed to properly investigate the doctor who was later convicted of her son's death. AEG denies wrongdoing.

Phillips said he agreed with statements attributed to him and defense attorney Marvin S. Putnam that the case was a shakedown.

"Yes or no, answer? Yes," Phillips said in response to a question by Katherine Jackson's attorney Brian Panish.

Phillips is the highest-ranking AEG executive to testify in the case, now in its sixth week.

He will likely be asked about numerous emails he sent and received about Jackson's health in the final weeks of the superstar's life, as well as any interactions he had with former cardiologist Conrad Murray.

Murray agreed to serve as Jackson's doctor for $150,000 a month while he performed 50 shows titled "This Is It" in London's 02 Arena in 2009 and early 2010.

AEG denies hiring Murray and agreeing to pay Murray's fee as an advance to Jackson.

Phillips' testimony came after several days of often tense testimony from AEG Live executive Paul Gongaware, who told jurors he did not remember numerous details about Jackson's rehearsals and emails he sent about the singer.

Panish sparred with Gongaware, and pointedly questioned Phillips, whom he called to the stand as a hostile witness.

Panish asked Phillips whether he was eager to tell his side of the story.

"I believe you called me as a witness, so I'm here," Phillips said flatly.

Panish at one point asked the executive whether he was familiar with the music industry.

"Familiar with the music industry? I was working in it," Phillips replied.

At another point in his testimony when the executive appeared to crack a smile, Panish asked if he thought the proceedings were funny.
    "No, I think it's tragic." Phillips replied.

Traduzione:

Michael Jackson querela è il tentativo di estorsione, AEG Live CEO dice

La testa di AEG Live ha detto una giuria martedì che egli ritiene una querela presentata dalla madre di Michael Jackson contro l'azienda di promozione del concerto è stato un tentativo di estorsione infondate.

CEO Randy Phillips ha anche detto che la società non ha alcuna responsabilità per la morte di Jackson 2009, come sostiene sua madre.

Katherine Jackson è citare AEG Live LLC, sostenendo che non è riuscito a indagare correttamente il medico che più tardi fu condannato per morte del suo figlio. AEG nega l'accusa.

Phillips ha detto che ha accettato con dichiarazioni attribuite a lui e difesa avvocato Marvin S. Putnam che il caso era un shakedown.

"Risposta sì o no? Sì,"Phillips ha detto in risposta ad una domanda da avvocato di Katherine Jackson Brian Panish.

Phillips è il più alto dirigente AEG a testimoniare nel caso, ora nella sua sesta settimana.

Egli sarà probabilmente chiesto su numerose email ha inviato e ricevuto circa la salute di Jackson nelle ultime settimane di vita di superstar, come pure eventuali interazioni che aveva con ex cardiologo Conrad Murray.

Murray ha accettato di servire come medico di Jackson per $150.000 al mese mentre si è esibito 50 spettacoli intitolato "This Is It" nella 02 Arena di Londra nel 2009 e l'inizio del 2010.

AEG nega assunzione di Murray e accettando di pagare la tassa di Murray come un anticipo di Jackson.

Testimonianza di Phillips' è venuto dopo diversi giorni di testimonianza spesso tesa da AEG Live esecutivo Paul Gongaware, che hanno detto i giurati che ha non ricordo molti dettagli circa le prove di Jackson ed email che inviò circa il cantante.

Panish sparred con Gongaware e pointedly interrogato Phillips, che chiamò lo stand come un testimone ostile.

Panish chiesto Phillips se egli era desideroso di raccontare il suo lato della storia.

"Che mi hai chiamato come testimone, quindi io sono qui", ha detto seccamente la Phillips.

Panish a un certo punto ha chiesto all'esecutivo se egli aveva familiarità con l'industria musicale.

"Familiarità con l'industria musicale? Stavo lavorando in esso,"ha risposto Phillips.

In un altro punto nella sua testimonianza quando l'esecutivo sembrava crepa un sorriso, Panish chiesto se pensava che i procedimenti sono stati divertenti.

"No, penso che sia tragico." Phillips ha risposto.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/156...g-live-ceo-says

11.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Michael Jackson an 'emotionally paralyzed mess,' AEG email says

michael_jackson_1364225c

Despite the apparent suicide attempt by Michael Jackson’s daughter, testimony resumed Wednesday in a wrongful death case brought by the pop singer’s children and mother against entertainment titan AEG.

Paris Jackson, one of the plaintiffs in the case, was rushed to the hospital early Wednesday morning, according to sources. The L.A. County Fire Department described the medical emergency call it received as a "possible overdose."

Jackson's former wife and Paris' mother, Debbie Rowe, told Entertainment Tonight that Paris Jackson tried to commit suicide.
    n its suit, which is being heard in a downtown L.A. courthouse, the family accuses AEG of being responsible for the doctor who administered a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to Jackson as he was preparing for his return to the stage.

On the stand Wednesday, the chief executive of the company producing and promoting Michael Jackson's 2009 "This Is It" concerts testified it was a "miracle" that the singer showed up at a news conference in London to announce his comeback.

Randy Phillips testified that Jackson was hung over, although in emails he says the singer was drunk.
    "The fact that the press conference even happened is a miracle," Phillips wrote to Jackson's manager.

In another email he wrote to Tim Leiweke, then-chief executive of parent company Anschutz Entertainment Group, Phillips said: “MJ is locked in his room drunk and despondent. Tohme [another Jackson manager] and I are trying to sober him up and get him to the press conference with his hairdresser/make-up artist.”

In a second email to Leiweke, Phillips wrote: “I screamed at him so loud the walls are shaking. Tohme and I have dressed him and they are finishing his hair and then we are rushing to the O2. This is the scariest thing I have ever see. He is an emotionally paralyzed mess riddled with self loathing and doubt now that it is show time. He is scared to death. Right now I just want to get through his press conference.”

In another email Phillips wrote to a business partner: “I haven’t pulled it off yet. We still have to get his nose on propery (sic). You have no idea what this is like. He is a self-loathing, emotionally paralyzed mess.”

The emails were shown to the jury in the wrongful death suit filed by Jackson's mother and three children against AEG Live. The Jacksons charge that the company negligently hired and supervised Conrad Murray, the doctor who administered the propofol. AEG says that Jackson hired Murray and that any money the firm was going to pay the doctor was an advance to the pop star.

No family members appeared in court Wednesday. This is one of the few days of the trial when no Jackson relatives have appeared to watch the proceedings.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-l...0,6949167.story
    -------
    Traduzione

Michael Jackson è un "casino, emotivamente paralizzato' dicono le mail di AEG

Nonostante l'apparente tentativo di suicidio dalla figlia di Michael Jackson, le testimonianze sono riprese nel processo per omicidio colposo portato dai figli della cantante pop e la madre contro il titano dell' AEG.

Paris Jackson, uno dei testimoni, è stato ricoverato in ospedale Mercoledì mattina, secondo le fonti. Il Los Angeles County Fire Department ha descritto la chiamata ricevuta dall'emergenza medica come "possibile overdose."

L'ex moglie di Jackson e madre di Paris ', Debbie Rowe, ha detto a Entertainment Tonight che Paris Jackson ha tentato di suicidarsi.

Nelle testimonianze di oggi, l'amministratore delegato della società di produzione e promozione di Michael Jackson per i concerti del "This Is It" ha testimoniato che era stato un "miracolo" che il cantante si fosse presentato alla conferenza stampa a Londra.

Randy Phillips ha testimoniato che Jackson aveva dei postumi di una sbornia, anche se nella mail, dice che il cantante era ubriaco.
    "Il fatto che la conferenza stampa ci sia stata è stato un miracolo", aveva scritto Phillips al manager di Jackson.

In un altra email scrisse a Tim Leiweke, l'allora amministratore delegato della capogruppo Anschutz Entertainment Group: "MJ è chiuso nella sua stanza ubriaco e scoraggiato. Tohme [un altro manager di Jackson] ed io stiamo cercando di riportarlo sobrio per portarlo alla conferenza stampa "

In una seconda e-mail a Leiweke, Phillips scrisse: "Gli ho urlato così forte che le pareti tremano. Tohme e io lo abbiamo vestito e stanno finendo di fargli i capelli e poi ci avvieremo all' O2. Questa è la cosa più spaventosa che abbia mai visto. E' un casino emotivamente paralizzato , martellato dal disgusto di sé e dai dubbi ora che siamo vicini allo spettacolo. E' spaventato a morte. In questo momento voglio solo che arrivi alla conferenza. "

In un altra email Phillips scrisse a un partner d'affari: "Non ho deciso ancora se chiudere. . Non hai idea di come sta messo. E' disgustato di se stesso, un casino emotivamente parlando "

Le e-mail sono state mostrate alla giuria nel caso per omicidio colposo presentato dalla madre di Jackson e i tre bambini contro la AEG Live.

Nessun membro della famiglia è apparso in tribunale Mercoledì. Questo è uno dei pochi giorni dall'inizio del processo nel quale nessuno dei Jackson è presente in aula.

12.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

AEG exec: 'You needed a scorecard' to track Jackson's entourage

Los Angeles Times -- His name is Dr. Tohme Tohme, and although he has not taken the witness stand in the Michael Jackson wrongful death case, he was the center of attention Wednesday.

Tohme was one of Jackson’s many managers, who seemed to come and go.

“With Michael Jackson and his advisers you needed a scorecard,” testified Randy Phillips, chief executive of AEG Live, which was promoting and producing the singer’s comeback concerts.

Phillips said he was introduced to Tohme in a meeting at the Century City offices of Colony Capital, the investment firm that held the mortgage on Jackson’s Neverland Ranch. It was AEG owner Phillip Anschutz’s friendship with a Colony Capital partner that led to the firm’s promotion of the planned 50 “This Is It” concerts at the 02 Arena in London. Phillips said Tohme was an adviser to Colony Capital who had no background in the music business and represented no other clients when he began working with the singer.
    Brian Panish, the attorney for Jackson’s mother and three children in an ongoing wrongful death suit against AEG, asked Phillips what kind of doctor Tohme was, whether he was a physician or if he had a doctorate.

Phillips said that although he had met this doctor 25 times, he never asked him.

The jury was shown a June 17, 2009, email Phillips wrote to Tohme, eight days before Jackson died from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol. Phillips wrote him that he had an “intervention” with Jackson scheduled “to get him to focus and come to rehearsals…Getting him fully engaged is difficult and the most pressing matter as we are only 20 days from the first show.”

Phillips said the intervention was not drug related.
    Panish asked the executive if Jackson had ever fired Tohme.
    “It’s not a yes or no answer,” he said. “The answer is yes but he kept in contact with him.” Panish later showed Phillips an agreement in which AEG agreed to pay Tohme $100,000 a month and asked if that was common practice, even though the manager is supposed to represent the performer, not the promoter.

“In Michael Jackson’s case it was standard,” Phillips said.
    Panish persisted, and Phillips said AEG’s payments to Jon Bon Jovi’s manager were the only other time it had made a similar arrangement.
    He also said two of Jackson’s attorneys helped draft the agreement.

The Jacksons' attorney brought the courtroom to attention when he asked Phillips if he met with Tohme at the Polo Lounge recently. Phillips said they had lunch there about a month ago.
    “And you were discussing his testimony in this case at the Polo Lounge with him?” Panish asked.
    “I wasn’t,” Phillips said.
    “You know there were witnesses sitting around you?” Panish said. “You know people took pictures of you?
    Phillips said he didn’t remember exactly what was discussed.
    “I don’t remember what I ate,” he said.
    “I didn’t ask you what you ate,” snapped Panish.
    Phillips said the meeting had to do with the case Tohme filed against Jackson’s estate with the state labor board for money he was never paid. Phillips was a witness.

Outside the courtroom, Panish said he found the meeting “very suspicious” and said that Tohme’s AEG deal was one of the conflicts of interest “that are flying everywhere” in the case.

Marvin Putnam, AEG’s attorney, who was also at the Polo Lounge meeting, said the money AEG was supposed to give to Tohme would have been an advance to Jackson but that no payments were made.
    “It’s not a conflict remotely,” Putnam said. He also said Tohme’s testimony was not discussed at the Polo Lounge, but there would be nothing wrong if they had.

"E' necessaria una scheda per valutare l'entourage di Jackson"

Il suo nome è Dr. Tohme Tohme, e anche se non è salito sul banco dei testimoni è stato al centro dell'attenzione Mercoledì.

Tohme è stato uno dei molti manager di Jackson, che sembravano andare e venire.

"Con Michael Jackson e i suoi consiglieri avevano bisogno di una scheda di valutazione," ha testimoniato Randy Phillips , CEO di AEG live , che stava promuovendo e producendo i concerti di ritorno del cantante.

Phillips ha detto che è stato introdotto da Tohme in una riunione presso gli uffici della città di Colony Capital, l'impresa di investimento che ha comprato l'ipoteca su Neverland Ranch di Jackson .
    E 'stata l'amicizia del proprietario di AEG Phillip Anschutz con un partner di Colony Capital che ha portato alla promozione delle previste 50 date dei concerti "This Is It" alla 02 Arena di Londra. Phillips ha detto che Tohme era un consigliere di Colony Capital, e non aveva avuto alcun background del mondo della musica e non ha rappresentato nessun altro cliente da quando ha iniziato a lavorare con il cantante.

Brian Panish, l'avvocato della madre di Jackson e dei tre bambini ha chiesto che tipo di medico era Tohme, se era un medico o se avesse un dottorato.

Phillips ha detto che anche se lui aveva incontrato questo medico 25 volte, lui non lo ha mai chiesto.

Alla giuria è stato mostrato un'email del 17 giugno 2009, dove Phillips scrisse a Tohme, otto giorni prima della morte di Jackson.

Phillips scrisse che aveva bisogno di un "intervento" su Jackson "per convincerlo a venire alle prove ... è difficile che si impegni pienamente e la questione è molto urgente visto che siamo a soli 20 giorni dall'inizio del primo spettacolo."

Phillips ha detto che l'"intervento" non era correlato all'uso di qualche farmaco.

Panish ha chiesto al dirigente se Jackson avesse mai parlato direttamente con Tohme.

"Non è una risposta su sì o no", ha detto. "La risposta è sì, ma era lui che continuava a stare in contatto con lui".

Panish ha successivamente mostrato a Phillips un accordo in cui AEG ha accettato di pagare Tohme 100.000 $ al mese e ha chiesto se era una pratica comune, anche se il manager dovrebbe rappresentare l'esecutore, non il promotore.

"Nel caso di Michael Jackson era normale", ha detto Phillips.

Panish persisteva, e Phillips ha detto che ci sono stati pagamenti che la AEG faceva direttamente al manager di Jon Bon Jovi, ed era l'unica altra volta avevano fatto un accordo simile.

Ha anche detto che due degli avvocati di Jackson hanno contribuito alla stesura del contratto.

L'avvocato dei Jackson ha poi chiesto a Phillips se si era incontrato con Tohme al Polo Lounge di recente. Phillips ha detto che avevano pranzato lì circa un mese fa.

"E voi stavate discutendo la sua testimonianza in questo caso presso il Polo Lounge con lui?" ha chiesto Panish.

"Non l'ho fatto", ha detto Phillips.

"Sapete se ci sono stati testimoni seduti attorno a lei?", Ha detto Panish. "Sa se qualche persona vi ha fotografato?

Phillips ha detto di non ricordare esattamente ciò che è stato discusso.

"Non mi ricordo cosa ho mangiato," ha detto.

"Non vi ho chiesto cosa avete mangiato», ha sbottato Panish.

Phillips ha detto che la riunione ha avuto a che fare con il caso che Tohme ha presentato una querela contro patrimonio di Jackson per ottenere i soldi per il suo lavoro, che non è mai stato pagato. Phillips era un testimone nel caso.

Fuori dall'aula, Panish ha detto che ha trovato l'incontro "molto sospetto" e ha detto che Tohme che lavorava per AEG è stato uno dei conflitti di interesse "che violano qualunque regola" nel caso.

Marvin Putnam, l'avvocato di AEG, che era anche presente all'incontro al Lounge Polo, ha detto che il denaro che AEG avrebbe dovuto dare a Tohme sarebbe stato un anticipo di quello di Jackson, ma che non sono mai stati effettuati pagamenti.

"Non è un conflitto a distanza", ha detto Putnam. "La testimonianza di Tohme non è stato discussa presso il Polo Lounge, ma non ci sarebbe stato niente di male se lo avessero fatto".

Traduzione: Giuspe - MJFA

13.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

AEG exec feared Michael Jackson would sabotage his comeback tour

944215-jackson-lawsuit-is-extortion-aeg-ceo

Los Angeles (CNN) -- AEG Live executives feared Michael Jackson would sabotage his comeback concerts five days before his death, the company's CEO testified Thursday.
    Randy Phillips refused to advance money to help Jackson pay his staff because he believed the singer was "in an anticipatory breach" of his contract because he had missed rehearsals, he testified.
    Phillips testified in the sixth week of the trial to decide whether the concert promoter is liable in Jackson's death for the negligent hiring, retention or supervision of Dr. Conrad Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
    The lawsuit filed by Jackson's mother and children contends that Phillips and other AEG Live executives pressured Jackson to attend rehearsals despite his deteriorating health and ignored red flags that should have warned them about the dangers posed by Murray.
    Jackson lawyers questioned Phillips about his e-mail exchanges with Michael Kane -- Jackson's business manager -- when Kane asked for an advance, which was provided for in Jackson's contract with AEG Live for his "This Is It" tour.
    Phillips said he was concerned that because Jackson had missed so many rehearsals, the show would not be ready for its debut in London on July 13, 2009.
    "This is why it is impossible to advance any $$$," Phillips wrote to Kane on June 20, 2009. "He may, unfortunately, be in an anticipatory breach at this point."
    "And I thought it couldn't get worse," Kane replied.
    "It could," Phillips said. "(Show director) Kenny Ortega could quit."
    Phillips' testimony that he believed Jackson was contractually obligated to attend rehearsals contradicted AEG Live Co-CEO Paul Gongware's previous testimony that Jackson was not required to rehearse.
    Phillips acknowledged that by June 20, 2009, he was worried the production would not be ready on time
    Kane, in an e-mail to Phillips, offered to help motivate Jackson to get to rehearsals. "Would a financial coming to Jesus speech help or add to his pressure?" Kane asked.
    "It would help," Phillips replied. "At this point, we need to break through. I'm going to call his doctor to discuss."
    Later that day, Phillips and other AEG Live executives met with Murray and Jackson at the singer's home. The Jackson lawyers contend at that meeting they put Murray in charge of having Jackson at rehearsals.
    AEG Live lawyers claim the company executives had no way of knowing that Murray was giving Jackson nightly infusions of the surgical anesthetic propofol to treat his insomnia.
    The Los Angeles County coroner ruled that Jackson died from an overdose of propofol on June 25, 2009.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/06/showbiz/...harebar_twitter
    -----
    Traduzione

Esecutivo AEG: temeva che Michael Jackson avrebbe sabotato il suo tour di ritorno sulle scene

Los Angeles (CNN) - I dirigenti di AEG LIVE , temevano che Michael Jackson avrebbe sabotato il suo tour di ritorno sulle scene, nei cinque giorni prima della sua morte, ha testimoniato il CEO della società, Giovedì.
    Randy Phillips si rifiutò di anticipare a Jackson altri soldi per pagare il suo staff perché credeva che il cantante avesse commesso "una violazione anticipatoria" del suo contratto saltando le prove.
    Phillips ha testimoniato nella sesta settimana del processo per decidere se l'organizzatore di concerti è responsabile della morte di Jackson per aver assunto negligentemente e controllato il dottor Conrad Murray, che è stato condannato per omicidio colposo.
    Gli avvocati dei Jackson, hanno interrogato Phillips nei suoi scambi di e-mail con Michael Kane - un business manager di Jackson - quando Kane ha chiesto un anticipo, che era previsto nel contratto di Jackson con AEG live per il suo "This It Is" tour.
    Phillips si è detto preoccupato perché Jackson aveva perso così tante prove, e quindi lo spettacolo non sarebbe stato pronto per il suo debutto a Londra il 13 luglio 2009.
    "Questo è il motivo per cui è impossibile anticipare altri soldi", ha scritto Phillips a Kane il 20 giugno 2009. "Purtroppo , a questo punto, si tratta di una violazione"
    "Penso che potrebbe andare anche peggio", rispose Kane.
    "Potrebbe", ha detto Phillips. "Kenny Ortega potrebbe andarsene."
    La testimonianza di Phillips 'che credeva Jackson fosse contrattualmente obbligato a frequentare le prove, contraddice la precedente testimonianza del Co-Ceo di AEG LIVE, Paul Gongware ,che afferma Jackson, non era tenuto ad essere alle prove.
    Phillips ha riconosciuto che dal 20 giugno 2009, iniziò a preoccuparsi che non sarebbero stati pronti per la data stabilita,
    Kane, in una e-mail a Phillips, si offrì di intercedere su Jackson per farlo andare alle prove. "Far leva sulla questione finanziaria potrebbe aiutarlo a venire alle prove o provocherebbe maggiore pressione?" Chiese Kane.
    "Sarebbe utile,» rispose Phillips. "A questo punto, abbiamo bisogno di procedere. Vado a chiamare il suo medico per discuterne."
    Più tardi, quel giorno, Phillips e altri dirigenti di AEG live incontrarono Murray e Jackson a casa del cantante. Gli avvocati di Jackson sostengono che in quella riunione, Murray , venne considerato responsabile di mette Jackson in condizioni di andare alle prove.

14. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips Testifies About Emails on Michael Jackson’s Condition

The head of the company promoting Michael Jackson's ill-fated comeback concerts told jurors Thursday that he never consulted a mental health professional to help the singer despite two high-level show workers suggesting it was necessary.

AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips testified about emails he sent and received in the week before Jackson's death, including a production manager's characterization that the entertainer's condition was "deteriorating."

Phillips is testifying in a negligent hiring case filed by Jackson's mother against AEG Live LLC, claiming the company failed to properly investigate the doctor convicted of giving her son a lethal dose of an anesthetic. Her lawyers also contend that Phillips and AEG Live executives ignored signs of Jackson's poor health and pushed the entertainer to perform.

Emails displayed to jurors hearing the case show that Phillips told Jackson's business manager he believed the singer might have breached his contract by missing rehearsals. The email was sent June 20, 2009, five days before the "Thriller" singer died from an overdose of propofol.

"And I thought it couldn't get worse," the business manager, Michael Kane, responded. Phillips said Kane had been seeking a $1 million advance for Jackson against the earnings of his "This Is It" shows.

Phillips' email to Kane came hours after the tour director, Kenny Ortega, and production manager, John Hougdahl, emailed Phillips telling them that Jackson was in such a poor emotional state that he couldn't rehearse that night and had to be sent home.

"I have watched him deteriorate in front of my eyes over the last 8 weeks," Hougdahl wrote. "He was able to do multiple 360 spins back in April. He'd fall on his ass if he tried it now."

According to Hougdahl, Jackson said earlier that night after watching a pyrotechnics demonstration, "You aren't going to kill the artist, are you?"

He wrote to Phillips that the entertainer, whose scalp was badly burned while shooting a Pepsi commercial in 1984, didn't appear to be referring to the fireworks.

In a later email, Hougdahl told Phillips he believed Jackson needed a mental examination. "My layman's degree tells me he needs a shrink to get him mentally prepared to get him prepared to get on stage," he wrote.

Ortega also wrote to Phillips hours later, urging that Jackson get some psychological help.

Earlier that night, Jackson had been "trembling, rambling and obsessive," according to Ortega, who wrote to Phillips that the singer seemed unable to rehearse due to "real emotional stuff."

Phillips has yet to testify about a meeting he had with Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray.

Jackson died before signing Murray's $150,000-a-month contract to accompany him for 50 shows planned at London's O2 Arena. AEG denies it hired Murray, and several of its executives have testified that the former physician's fee would have been deducted from Jackson's earnings for the "This Is It" shows.

Phillips is the highest-ranking AEG Live executive to testify in the trial, which has concluded its sixth week. He denied Thursday that he ever threatened Jackson over missed rehearsals.

"We would have never dealt with Michael that way," he said.
    He also rejected the idea that he was responsible for Jackson's health.

"I'm not responsible for his medical needs," Phillips said. "We're promoters - that's what we do."

Traduzione:

AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips testimonia le email sulla condizione di Michael Jackson

capo dell'azienda promuovere concerti sfortunata rimonta di Michael Jackson ha detto giurati giovedì che non ha mai consultato un professionista della salute mentale per aiutare il cantante nonostante due lavoratori spettacolo ad alto livello, suggerendo che era necessario.

AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips ha testimoniato sull'email ha inviato e ricevuto la settimana prima della morte di Jackson, tra cui la caratterizzazione di un responsabile di produzione che condizione di intrattenitore è stato "deterioramento".

Phillips è testimoniare in un caso di assumente negligente archiviato dalla madre di Jackson contro AEG Live LLC, sostenendo che la società non è riuscito a indagare correttamente il medico condannato per dare il suo figlio una dose letale di anestetico. Suoi avvocati inoltre sostengono che dirigenti Phillips e AEG Live ignorata segni di cattiva salute di Jackson e spinto l'intrattenitore di eseguire.

Email visualizzata ai giurati sentendo il caso mostrano che Phillips ha detto business manager di Jackson che credeva che il cantante potrebbe hanno violato il suo contratto da prove mancante. L'email è stata inviata il 20 giugno 2009, cinque giorni prima che la cantante di "Thriller" morto per un'overdose di propofol.

"E ho pensato che non poteva ottenere peggio," il business manager, Michael Kane, ha risposto. Phillips ha detto che Kane aveva cercato un anticipo di $1 milione per Jackson contro i guadagni dei suoi spettacoli "This Is It".

E-mail Phillips' a Kane è venuto ore dopo il direttore del tour, Kenny Ortega, e direttore di produzione, John Hougdahl, via e-mail Phillips dicendo loro che Jackson era in un tale stato emotivo povero che lui non poteva provare quella notte e doveva essere mandato a casa.

"Ho guardato lui peggiorare davanti ai miei occhi 8 settimane," ha scritto Hougdahl. "Egli è stato in grado di fare più 360 giri indietro nel mese di aprile. Egli sarebbe caduta sul suo culo se ha provato ora."

Secondo Hougdahl, Jackson ha detto prima quella notte dopo aver visto una dimostrazione pirotecnica, "Non si ha intenzione di uccidere l'artista, sei tu?"

Ha scritto per Phillips che l'intrattenitore, cui cuoio capelluto era gravemente ustionato durante le riprese di una Pepsi commerciale nel 1984, non sembra essere riferendosi ai fuochi d'artificio.

In una email successiva, Hougdahl detto Phillips che credeva che Jackson aveva bisogno di un esame mentale. "Laurea del mio laico mi dice che ha bisogno di uno strizzacervelli per ottenere lui mentalmente preparati per ottenere lui pronti a salire sul palco," ha scritto.

Ortega ha scritto anche per ore di Phillips successivamente, sollecitando che Jackson ottenere qualche aiuto psicologico.

Prima di quella notte, Jackson era stato "tremante, sconnesso e ossessivo," secondo Ortega, che ha scritto a Phillips che il cantante sembrava incapace di provare a causa di "roba reale emozionale".

Phillips ha ancora testimoniano di un incontro che ha avuto con il dottore di Jackson, Conrad Murray.

Jackson è morto prima firma contratto 150.000 $ al mese di Murray per accompagnarlo per 50 mostra prevista all'O2 Arena di Londra. AEG nega assunse Murray, e molti dei suoi dirigenti hanno testimoniato che tassa ex medico sarebbe stato detratto dai guadagni di Jackson per la Mostra "This Is It".

Phillips è il più alto dirigente AEG Live per testimoniare al processo, che ha concluso la sua sesta settimana. Egli ha negato il giovedì che ha mai minacciato Jackson sopra le prove perse.

"Ci non sarebbe hanno mai affrontato Michael in questo modo," ha detto.
    Ha inoltre respinto l'idea che era responsabile per la salute di Jackson.

"Io non sono responsabile per la sua necessità mediche," ha detto Phillips. "Siamo promotori - che è ciò che facciamo."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/156...ichael-jacksons

15. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson trial: Key moments of week 6

Randy Jackson and Rebbie Jackson, background right, brother and sister of late pop star Michael Jackson, arrive at a courthouse for Katherine Jackson's lawsuit against concert giant AEG. Photo / AP

A look at key moments this past week in the wrongful death trial in Los Angeles between Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine Jackson, and concert giant AEG Live LLC, and what is expected at court in the week ahead:

THE CASE

Jackson's mother wants a jury to determine that the promoter of Jackson's planned comeback concerts didn't properly investigate Dr. Conrad Murray, who was convicted by a criminal jury of involuntary manslaughter for Jackson's June 2009 death. AEG's attorney says the case is about personal choice, namely Jackson's decision to have Murray serve as his doctor and give him doses of a powerful anesthetic as a sleep aid. Millions, possibly billions, of dollars are at stake.

WHAT HAPPENED THIS PAST WEEK

Jurors heard from AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips, the highest ranking executive to testify in the trial so far. He told jurors that he didn't consult a mental health professional for Jackson despite that recommendation from two high-level production workers on the singer's "This Is It" tour
    Phillips testified that five days before Jackson's death, he emailed the singer's business manager that the singer might be in breach of his contract for the shows because he was skipping rehearsals. AEG executives have previously testified that rehearsals weren't required in Jackson's contract, but Phillips said he felt it was a requirement.

WHAT THE JURY SAW

Phillips verbally spar with Katherine Jackson's lawyer, Brian Panish. The pair had numerous testy exchanges and had to be repeatedly warned by a judge to not argue with each other.

QUOTABLE MOMENTS

"I wish you wouldn't call it a baseless shakedown because it's a derogatory," Phillips said moments after testifying that he believed the lawsuit against his company was an extortion attempt by the Jackson family.

"I just expect doctors to be ethical. Their financial side of their life shouldn't affect their medical judgment," AEG executive Paul Gongaware said about why he never considering doing a background check on Jackson's personal physician.

OUTSIDE THE COURTROOM

Jackson's daughter, Paris, was hospitalized after paramedics responded to her home on a report of a possible overdose. Her grandmother's attorney said the 15-year-old is physically fine and receiving appropriate medical treatment. A judge overseeing Paris Jackson's guardianship ordered an investigation into her wellbeing. The teenager is listed as a plaintiff in the case, has been deposed, and is on the witness list, although it remains unclear whether she will actually be called to the stand.

A probate judge said he was inclined to unseal portions of legal filings by a choreographer who claims he was abused by Jackson over a seven-year period while he was a child. The judge said he would likely redact portions of the documents that include private and personal details on Wade Robson, as well as a psychologist's report.

WHAT'S NEXT

AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips is expected to remain on the stand for several more days.

Katherine Jackson's case is expected to last at least another three weeks, and AEG Live may call numerous witnesses, including bringing back Gongaware for additional testimony.

Traduzione:

Prova di Michael Jackson: principali momenti della settimana 6

Uno sguardo ai fondamentali momenti questa scorsa settimana nella prova di omicidio colposo a Los Angeles tra la madre di Michael Jackson, Katherine Jackson e concerto gigante AEG Live LLC, e ciò che è atteso a Corte la prossima settimana:

IL CASO

Madre di Jackson vuole una giuria per determinare che il promotore di concerti previsto ritorno di Jackson non correttamente indagare dottor Conrad Murray, che è stato condannato da una giuria penale di omicidio involontario per la morte di Jackson del giugno 2009. Avvocato di AEG dice è il caso di scelta personale, vale a dire la decisione di Jackson per avere Murray servire come suo medico e dargli dosi di un potente anestetico come un sussidio di sonno. Milioni, forse miliardi, di dollari sono in gioco.

CHE COSA È ACCADUTO QUESTA SETTIMANA SCORSA

I giurati sentito da AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips, il più alto dirigente a testimoniare nel processo finora. Ha detto che i giurati che egli non consultare un professionista della salute mentale per Jackson nonostante tale raccomandazione da due operai di produzione ad alto livello su "This Is It" tour della cantante
    Phillips ha testimoniato che cinque giorni prima della morte di Jackson, ha contattato il gestore di affari del cantante che il cantante potrebbe essere in violazione del suo contratto per gli spettacoli, perché egli era saltando le prove. I dirigenti AEG hanno testimoniato in precedenza che le prove non erano richieste nel contratto di Jackson, ma Phillips ha detto che si sentiva che era un requisito.

CHE COSA HA VISTO LA GIURIA

Phillips spar verbalmente con avvocato di Katherine Jackson, Brian Panish. La coppia ha avuto numerosi scambi stizzoso e ha dovuto essere ripetutamente avvertito da un giudice di non discutere con gli altri.

CITABILE MOMENTI

"Vorrei che tu non lo chiamerei un shakedown infondato perché è un dispregiativo," Phillips ha detto momenti dopo che testimoniano che credeva la querela contro la sua compagnia era un tentativo di estorsione da parte della famiglia Jackson.

"Medici per essere etico solo aspettare. Loro parte finanziaria della loro vita non dovrebbe pregiudicare loro giudizio medico,"AEG esecutivo Paul Gongaware dire perché ha mai visto fare uno sfondo controlla il medico personale di Jackson.

FUORI DAL TRIBUNALE

Figlia di Jackson, Paris, è stato ricoverato in ospedale dopo che i paramedici hanno risposto alla sua casa su una relazione di un possibile sovradosaggio. Avvocato di sua nonna ha detto che il 15-year-old è fisicamente bene e ricevere adeguate cure mediche. Un giudice che sovrintende la tutela di Paris Jackson ordinò un'inchiesta del suo benessere. L'adolescente è elencato come un attore a caso, è stato deposto ed è nella lista di testimoni, anche se non è chiaro se lei sarà effettivamente chiamata allo stand.

Un giudice d'omologazione ha detto che egli era incline a rimuovere il sealing porzioni di limatura legale da un coreografo che afferma che egli è stato abusato da Jackson per un periodo di sette anni mentre lui era un bambino. Il giudice ha detto che egli avrebbe probabilmente redact porzioni di documenti che includono dettagli personali e privati su Wade Robson, come pure la relazione di uno psicologo.

QUAL È IL PROSSIMO

AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips dovrebbe rimanere sul cavalletto per diversi giorni.

Caso di Katherine Jackson dovrebbe durare almeno altre tre settimane, e AEG Live può chiamare numerosi testimoni, tra cui riportando Gongaware per ulteriore testimonianza.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/ne...jectid=10889371

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8187 views