TRIAL-JACKSON FAM vs AEG LIVE ONLY NEWS

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

Michael Jackson trial: AEG email could bolster family's case

An AEG executive sent an email shortly before Michael Jackson died, saying the firm had requested a meeting with his doctor “to remind him that it is AEG, not MJ who is paying his salary. We want him to understand what is expected of him."
    The email was shown to the jury Thursday in the wrongful death suit filed by Jackson’s mother and children against Anschutz Entertainment Group, the promoter and producer of his ill-fated “This Is It” concert series in London.
    A key issue in the lawsuit is who employed Conrad Murray, the doctor who administered Jackson the fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol. The email appears to boost the Jackson family's case that Murray was employed by AEG and, therefore, his loyalty was to the firm. It was shown during the fourth day of testimony by Shawn Trell, AEG Live’s senior vice president and legal counsel.
    FULL COVERAGE: AEG-Jackson wrongful death trial

AEG says that Jackson hired Murray and that any payments it was supposed to give the doctor were advances to the singer.

But Trell testified Thursday that negotiations about Murray's contract were between the doctor and AEG and that neither Jackson nor his representatives saw the three or four drafts.

“You could have said Mr. Jackson, 'We believe something as personal as hiring a doctor, you should hire your own doctor with your own money,' " asked Brian Panish, one of the Jackson’s attorneys.

“Yes,” Trell replied.

Panish asked him if anything stopped the firm from telling Jackson to negotiate a deal with Murray and then advance him the money, as it had for production costs and to pay for the cost of Jackson’s mansion.

“Nothing,” Trell replied.

Murray was supposed to receive $150,000 a month, but AEG never paid him. Murray signed the contract the day before Jackson died in June 2009. Neither AEG nor the singer signed it.

Traduzione:

Prova di Michael Jackson: e-mail AEG potrebbe rafforzare il caso della famiglia

Un esecutivo AEG ha inviato un'e-mail poco prima che Michael Jackson è morto, dicendo che l'azienda aveva chiesto un incontro con il suo medico "per ricordargli che si tratta di AEG, non MJ che sta pagando il suo stipendio. Vogliamo fargli capire che cosa si aspetta da lui."
    L'email è stato mostrato alla giuria giovedì in tuta colposo archiviata dalla madre di Jackson e i bambini contro Anschutz Entertainment Group, il promotore e produttore della serie concerto suo sfortunato "This Is It" a Londra.

Una questione chiave nella querela è chi impiegato Conrad Murray, il medico che ha somministrato la dose fatale dell'anestetico propofol Jackson. L'e-mail sembra Spinta caso della famiglia Jackson che Murray è stato impiegato da AEG e, pertanto, la sua lealtà era per l'azienda. È stato dimostrato durante il quarto giorno della testimonianza di Shawn Trell, senior vice presidente di AEG Live e consulente legale.
    COPERTURA completa: AEG-Jackson colposo trial

AEG dice che Jackson assunto Murray e che eventuali pagamenti che doveva per dare il medico sono stati progressi per il cantante.

Ma Remo ha testimoniato giovedì che i negoziati sul contratto di Murray erano tra il medico e la AEG e Jackson, né i suoi rappresentanti ha visto le bozze di tre o quattro.

"Si potrebbe avere detto Mr Jackson, 'crediamo che qualcosa di personale come assunzione di un medico, si dovrebbe assumere il proprio medico con il proprio denaro,'" chiese Brian Panish, uno degli avvocati di Jackson.

«Sì», rispose Remo.

Panish gli ha chiesto se nulla fermò la ditta da raccontare Jackson a negoziare un accordo con Murray e poi avanzare lui i soldi, come lo era per i costi di produzione e per pagare il costo del mansion di Jackson.

"Niente," Remo ha risposto.

Murray è stato supposto per ricevere $150.000, un mese, ma AEG mai pagato lui. Murray ha firmato il contratto il giorno prima che Jackson è morto nel giugno 2009. AEG né la cantante ha firmato.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-l...,0,681837.story

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8187 views