TRIAL-JACKSON FAM vs AEG LIVE ONLY NEWS

« Older   Newer »

1. two4mj
        Top   -1

User deleted

AEG exec called Michael Jackson 'freak' before signing

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A top AEG executive referred to Michael Jackson as "a freak" and another called him "creepy" just hours before their company signed the pop icon to a huge concert deal.

The revelation brought an audible gasp in the Los Angeles courtroom at the wrongful death trial Wednesday and left fans crying.

Jackson's mother and children are suing AEG Live for the negligent hiring, retention or supervision of Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the singer's death.

Katherine Jackson watched from the front row as her lawyer questioned AEG Live Senior Vice President and General Counsel Shawn Trell about an e-mail exchange with his boss at parent company AEG.

"Is it the policy of AEG to talk in derogatory terms about the artist you're going to do business with?" Jackson lawyer Brian Panish asked.
    No," Trell answered.

Panish then showed jurors an e-mail Trell sent on January 28, 2009, to Ted Fikre, AEG's chief legal officer, letting him know he was about to go to Jackson's home for the signing of the contract for his "This Is It" concert tour.

"Does that mean you get to meet the freak?" Fikre replied.

Trell responded: "Apparently. Not sure how I feel about that. Interesting for sure, but kind of creepy."

The e-mail exchange happened less than four hours before Trell and other AEG excutives visited Jackson's Los Angeles home.

"This is a man you hoped to make millions and millions of dollars from?" Panish asked Trell. "Didn't your mom ever say if you don't have anything good to to say about someone don't say anything?"
    Trell earlier testified that he was excited to meet Jackson for the first time and was impressed with his "good, firm handshake."

"I may not have necessarily agreed with some of the life choice Michael Jackson made but I certainly had enormous respect for him as an entertainer."

A dry review

Most of Wednesday's session was a dry review of Jackson and Dr. Murray's contracts as AEG Live's defense team worked to convince jurors that Murray was not hired by the concert promoter. Jackson chose, hired and supervised the doctor, they contend.

Murray signed his contract the day before Jackson's June 25, 2009, death, but AEG executives and Jackson never put their signatures on it. Jackson lawyers, however, argue he was already working for two months based on an oral contract.

The Jackson lawsuit contends that AEG Live executives ignored red flags that should have warned them Jackson was in danger from Murray's treatment.

The coroner ruled that Jackson died from an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol, which Murray told police he was using to treat the singer's insomnia.

Traduzione:

Exec AEG chiamato Michael Jackson 'freak' prima della firma

Los Angeles (CNN) - un alto dirigente AEG di cui Michael Jackson come "un mostro" e un altro lo ha chiamato "creepy" poche ore prima della loro azienda firma l'icona pop per un affare enorme concerto.

La rivelazione ha portato un gasp udibile nell'Aula del Tribunale di Los Angeles alla morte ingiusta prova mercoledì e sinistro fan piangere.

Madre e i figli di Jackson sono citare AEG Live per la ritenzione assumente, negligente o supervisione del dottor Conrad Murray, il medico condannato per omicidio involontario nella morte del cantante.

Katherine Jackson visto dalla prima fila come il suo avvocato interrogato AEG Live Senior Vice President e General Counsel Shawn Trell su uno scambio di e-mail con il suo capo alla capogruppo AEG.

"È la politica dell'AEG a parlare in termini sprezzanti dell'artista che si sta andando a fare affari con?" Avvocato Jackson Brian Panish chiesto.
    No,"rispose Remo.

Panish poi mostrato i giurati e-mail che Remo inviato il 28 gennaio 2009, a Ted Fikre, direttore legale di AEG lasciandolo sapere che stava per andare a casa di Jackson per la firma del contratto per il suo tour di concerti "This Is It".

"Significa che si arriva a soddisfare il freak?" Piera ha risposto.

Remo ha risposto: "a quanto pare. Non sono sicuro come che senti. Interessante di sicuro, ma sorta di raccapricciante".

Lo scambio di posta elettronica è accaduto meno di quattro ore prima di Remo e ingaggiare altri AEG visitato Jackson Los Angeles casa.

"Questo è un uomo che si spera di rendere milioni e milioni di dollari da?" Panish chiesto Remo. "Non ha la tua mamma mai dire se non hai niente di buono da dire su qualcuno non dire niente?"

Remo ha testimoniato prima che era entusiasta di Jackson si incontrano per la prima volta ed è stato impressionato con il suo "stretta di mano buona e costante".

«Io posso hanno concordato non necessariamente con la scelta di vita che fatta di Michael Jackson, ma ho certamente avuto enorme rispetto per lui come un intrattenitore».

Una recensione di secca

La maggior parte della sessione di mercoledì è stata una secca recensione di contratti Jackson e del Dr. Murray come team di difesa di AEG Live ha lavorata per convincere i giurati che Murray non è stato assunto dal promotore di concerto. Jackson ha scelto, assunto e sotto la supervisione del medico, sostengono.

Murray firmò il suo contratto il giorno prima della morte di Jackson 25 giugno 2009, ma i dirigenti AEG e Jackson non mettere mai le loro firme su di esso. Gli avvocati di Jackson, tuttavia, sostengono che egli era già al lavoro per due mesi, basati su un contratto orale.

La querela di Jackson sostiene che i dirigenti di AEG Live ignorato bandiere rosse che dovrebbe avere avvertito li che Jackson era in pericolo dal trattamento di Murray.

Il coroner ha stabilito che Jackson è morto da un sovradosaggio del propofol anestetico chirurgico, che Murray ha detto alla polizia che stava usando per curare l'insonnia del cantante.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/23/showbiz/...rial/index.html

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8187 views