Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status

Michael Jackson wrongful-death trial attorneys clash

article-2316736-198C2437000005DC-428_634x423

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=9106979&pid=9106977

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- For three weeks, jurors have heard witnesses testify about Michael Jackson with rival attorneys presenting conflicting views on the performer's health and his doctor.

On Friday, the attorneys representing Katherine Jackson in the lawsuit suing AEG told Eyewitness News that the case remains clear.

"The case has always been the same," said Brian Panish, attorney for the Jackson family. "Did AEG negligently hire Dr. Murray and did they know that Michael had been having problems and failed to do something?"

Should AEG have intervened for a star dependent on medication? AEG says that's not the question.

"What the law is about is whether AEG hired Conrad Murray and whether they did so negligently," said AEG attorney Marvin Putnam.

The evidence will show, according to the defense, that Jackson had been out of the business for a decade and that Jackson needed AEG to finance his final tour.

"And so he asked AEG Live if they would basically front him the money, advance him the money so he could have various of his people come on board such as Dr. Conrad Murray," said Putnam.

AEG presented testimony from its controller saying it agreed to pay many people who were part of the tour. They, however, maintain that Jackson hired Murray as his personal physician and chose him to be his doctor during his "This Is It Tour."

"I would like a doctor and I want this doctor and he is the one who is going to come," said Putnam.

But did AEG formalize the relationship?

"As the CEO Randy Phillips has said shortly after Michael's death all throughout the world that AEG had hired Dr. Murray," said Panish.</p?

The plaintiffs point to an email from Paul Gongaware, an executive of AEG Live.</p?

"The email that Mr. Gongaware wrote clearly states that we want to remind Dr. Murray what's expected of him and that he works for us not Michael Jackson and that we're the ones paying him," said Panish.

Both sides say there is much more to come. This is only the third week of a trial set to last four months.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    traduzione

Michael Jackson illecito-morte prova avvocati scontro

Miriam Hernandez
    More: Bio , Storie recenti , News Team
    LOS ANGELES (KABC) - Per tre settimane, i giurati hanno sentito i testimoni attestano su Michael Jackson con gli avvocati rivali che presentano opinioni contrastanti sulla salute del performer e il suo medico.

Venerdì scorso, gli avvocati che rappresentano Katherine Jackson nella querela denunciato AEG detto Eyewitness News che il caso rimane chiaro.

"Il caso è stato sempre lo stesso", ha detto Brian Panish, avvocato della famiglia Jackson. "Ha AEG negligenza noleggio dottor Murray e hanno fatto sapere che Michael aveva avuto problemi e non è riuscito a fare qualcosa?"

Dovrebbe AEG sono intervenuti per una stella dipende farmaci? AEG dice che non è questo il problema.

"Quello che la legge è di circa è se AEG assunse Conrad Murray e se lo hanno fatto per negligenza", ha detto AEG avvocato Marvin Putnam.

L'evidenza mostra, secondo la difesa, che Jackson era stato fuori dal business per un decennio e che Jackson aveva bisogno AEG per finanziare il suo ultimo tour.

"E così ha chiesto AEG vivere se farebbero praticamente davanti a lui i soldi, lui anticipare i soldi in modo da poter avere diverse del suo popolo venuto a bordo, come il dottor Conrad Murray", ha detto Putnam.

AEG ha presentato la testimonianza di suo controllore dicendo che ha accettato di pagare molte persone che facevano parte del tour. Essi, tuttavia, sostengono che Jackson ha assunto Murray come suo medico personale e lo ha scelto per essere il suo medico durante il suo "This Is It Tour".

"Vorrei un medico e voglio che questo medico e lui è colui che sta per venire", ha detto Putnam.

Ma ha AEG formalizzare il rapporto?

"Come il CEO Randy Phillips ha detto poco dopo la morte di Michael tutti in tutto il mondo, che AEG aveva assunto il dottor Murray", ha detto Panish. </ P?

I ricorrenti indicano una email da Paul Gongaware, un esecutivo di AEG Live. </ P?

"L'e-mail che il signor Gongaware scritto chiaramente che vogliamo ricordare il dottor Murray che cosa ci si aspetta da lui e che lui lavora per noi non è Michael Jackson e che noi siamo quelli pagarlo", ha detto Panish.

Entrambe le parti dicono che c'è molto di più a venire. Questa è solo la terza settimana di una copia di prova per una durata di quattro mesi.

221 replies since 25/4/2013, 18:44   8187 views